- Man admits to drinking, smoking pot before fatal crash Updated: Nov-25-15 4:20 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A driver who fled the scene after striking and killing a pedestrian on the Northern Cheyenne Reservation has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter.
- Deadline set for death penalty decision in Montana killings Updated: Nov-24-15 6:21 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Prosecutors will have until next summer to decide whether to seek the death penalty against a Wyoming teenager charged with a double slaying on Montana's Crow Indian Reservation, after defense attorneys on Tuesday requested more time to argue against making it a capital case.
- Fishtail man pleads guilty in meth conspiracy Updated: Nov-24-15 1:19 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A 61-year-old south-central Montana man has pleaded guilty to federal charges after prosecutors say he distributed about 178 pounds of methamphetamine.
- Judge puts stop to roll-your-own cigarettes at Billings shop Updated: Nov-24-15 4:05 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A judge has ordered a Billings tobacco shop to stop operating its machines that allow customers to roll their own cigarettes.
- US to cancel lease on land sacred to Blackfoot Indian tribes Updated: Nov-23-15 10:57 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The Interior Department plans to cancel a long-suspended oil and gas drilling lease near Glacier National Park that's on land considered sacred to the Blackfoot tribes of the U.S. and Canada, according to court documents filed Monday.
- Yellowstone County hotel owners protecting guest registers Updated: Nov-21-15 3:11 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Yellowstone County hotel owners are fighting an ordinance that requires them to turn over guest registers to any city employee, including police officers and parking attendants, calling it an invasion of privacy.
- Amid move to end Montana cleanup, some asbestos left behind Updated: Nov-21-15 12:01 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Federal officials say their final analysis of a Montana community wracked by a deadly asbestos contamination shows a costly and much-criticized cleanup is working, even though some 700 properties have yet to be investigated and concerns linger over asbestos left behind.
- Jury convicts Billings man involved in fatal shooting Updated: Nov-20-15 11:53 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A jury has convicted a Billings man of shooting another man to death during an argument in April.
- Man freed after 3 decades in prison calls moment 'surreal' Updated: Nov-20-15 5:54 pm
DEER LODGE, Montana - A Montana man who spent three decades behind bars for a murder he says he did not commit walked out of prison Friday after the governor granted his clemency request.
- BPD reprimanded for officer's unauthorized data requests Updated: Nov-19-15 4:02 am
BILLINGS, Montana - The Montana Department of Justice has issued the Billings Police Department a sanction letter after an officer made unauthorized requests for criminal justice information while off-duty.
- Yellowstone park proposes killing 1,000 bison this winter Updated: Nov-18-15 6:25 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Yellowstone National Park proposes to kill roughly 1,000 wild bison this winter - mostly calves and females - as officials seek to reduce the animals' annual migration into Montana.
- Son of Billings day care owner accused of sexual assault Updated: Nov-17-15 4:02 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A man has been charged with sexually assaulting several children at a Billings day care owned by his mother.
- Hardin woman pleads guilty in death of 6-year-old girl Updated: Nov-13-15 10:52 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A Hardin woman accused of beating her boyfriend's 6-year-old daughter to death has pleaded guilty to criminal endangerment and obstructing justice.
- Group to determine how many untested rape kits in Montana Updated: Nov-13-15 1:22 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The Montana attorney general is creating a task force to determine how many law enforcement rape kits have gone untested.
- Montana sees drop in crime across state Updated: Nov-13-15 7:57 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A report by the Montana Board of Crime Control has found that most crime across the state has decreased.
- Man accused of raping woman in Billings pleads not guilty Updated: Nov-11-15 1:01 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A Billings man accused of grabbing a woman off the street last fall, raping her at a construction site and stealing her dog has pleaded not guilty.
- Montana tomcat hitchhikes 90 miles on pickup bed Updated: Nov-11-15 9:22 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Montana life hasn't always been easy for 10-year-old Mufasa, the overweight tomcat. Adventuring outside of owner Jessie Connolly's Big Timber ranch has led to rattlesnake bites and being soaked by a high-pressure hose.
- Bison season to open in Montana mid-November Updated: Nov-11-15 8:12 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Bison hunting season will open near Yellowstone National Park in mid-November.
- Jury awards $2M in damages in mistaken house title lawsuit Updated: Nov-10-15 5:28 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Yellowstone County jury has awarded just over $2 million in damages to a Texas man after a loan servicing company negligently included the legal description of his Billings property in the foreclosure paperwork for a Butte property.
- Man sentenced to 5 years after son overdoses on methadone Updated: Nov-10-15 4:01 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A man charged with criminal endangerment after his 2-year-old son overdosed on methadone has been sentenced to five years with the Montana Department of Corrections.
- Billings hopes to lure American Airlines Updated: Nov-08-15 2:07 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Billings officials are hoping to persuade American Airlines to offer direct, daily flights between Dallas and Billings.
- US won't fight judge who wants new look at Montana coal mine Updated: Nov-07-15 2:47 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The U.S. Interior Department won't fight a court recommendation for the agency to take a new look at the environmental effects of burning fuel from Montana's largest coal mine. Its owner warned of sweeping layoffs if mining halts.
- Woman killed when SUV rear-ends pickup truck Updated: Nov-06-15 10:59 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A 75-year-old Bridger woman was killed and her passenger was injured when the sport utility vehicle she was driving rear-ended a pickup truck that had slowed down to turn off U.S. Highway 310 near Edgar.
- Parents deny abducting daughters during supervised visit Updated: Nov-06-15 6:17 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A man and a woman who lost custody of their children due to their drug use have denied charges that they abducted their young daughters during a supervised visit in Billings.
- Anti-US activist convicted of buying gun for 'revolution' Updated: Nov-05-15 6:10 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Jurors on Thursday convicted an anti-government activist on firearms charges after authorities said he sought out high-powered weaponry for a coming "second American revolution."