- Baylor emails reveal fractious ties to alumni group Updated: Jul-06-15 12:48 pm
DALLAS - A long-running spat between Baylor University and one of its alumni associations, over actions the world's largest Baptist school claims is hurting its brand, has now unearthed emails full of insults and complaints - as well as calls by an exasperated university President Ken Starr to move on from the strife.
- Judge issues gag order in Texas biker shooting case Updated: Jun-30-15 6:19 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - A sweeping gag order was issued Tuesday in a lawsuit arising from a May brawl at a roadside restaurant in Waco, Texas, in which nine bikers were killed and 177 people arrested.
- Unrelenting rain leads to more flooding in Midwest Updated: Jun-29-15 4:07 pm
ST. LOUIS - A wet June turned worse after strong weekend storms drenched the Midwest, adding to concern that already-serious flooding won't go away anytime soon.
- Homeless man who died in Texas creek originally from Oregon Updated: Jun-29-15 2:05 pm
WACO, Texas - Police say a homeless man whose body was found in a rain-swollen Central Texas creek died of accidental drowning.
- Body recovered after homeless man swept away in Waco creek Updated: Jun-27-15 11:59 am
WACO, Texas - Police say a body has been recovered after a homeless man was swept away by a rain-swollen creek in Central Texas.
- 5 Aryan Brotherhood members, associates in Texas get prison Updated: Jun-26-15 1:28 pm
WACO, Texas - Five more Aryan Brotherhood of Texas white supremacist members or their associates are going to federal prison for running drugs.
- 14 workers taken to Waco hospitals after recycling unit fire Updated: Jun-26-15 10:16 am
WACO, Texas - Authorities say 14 workers at a Central Texas recycling plant have been transported to Waco hospitals to be checked after a chemical fire.
- 1949 Rice All-America star end Froggy Williams dead at 87 Updated: Jun-24-15 8:11 pm
HOUSTON - James "Froggy" Williams, a 1949 All-America end on Rice's 1949 Southwest Conference football championship squad, has died. He was 87.
- Gunman gets 30 years for 2013 fatal shooting in Waco Updated: Jun-20-15 12:48 pm
WACO, Texas - A convicted robber has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for the 2013 killing of one Waco teenager and the wounding of another.
- Ex-Army contractor gets prison for military theft in Iraq Updated: Jun-19-15 11:10 am
WACO, Texas - A former Army contractor in Iraq who helped to steal and sell more than $2.6 million in U.S. military property must serve nearly four years in prison.
- Electrician dies in Baylor University construction accident Updated: Jun-13-15 3:11 pm
WACO, Texas - An electrician from Waco has been identified as the worker who died in an elevator shaft accident at a construction site at Baylor University.
- Baylor hires Pepperdine's Steve Rodriguez as baseball coach Updated: Jun-12-15 6:04 pm
WACO, Texas - Steve Rodriguez has been named Baylor's new baseball coach after leading Pepperdine to three NCAA tournament appearances the past four seasons.
- Baylor basketball standout Gathers charged with shoplifting Updated: Jun-11-15 2:20 pm
WACO, Texas - Baylor standout Rico Gathers has been charged with shoplifting about $170 worth of household items from a Wal-Mart in Waco, Texas.
- 18 Aryan Brotherhood members get prison in Texas drug case Updated: Jun-11-15 9:49 am
WACO, Texas - Prosecutors say 18 members of the white supremacist Aryan Brotherhood of Texas are going to prison for running a drug ring.
- Police don't expect Waco retribution at Austin biker rally Updated: Jun-11-15 7:29 am
AUSTIN, Texas - There will be a strong police presence at the Republic of Texas Biker Rally in Austin this weekend in the wake of a deadly biker shootout in Waco, although authorities said they do not expect any violence or retaliation.
- Cowboys sign former Baylor running back Lache Seastrunk Updated: Jun-08-15 3:12 pm
- Bikers' continued jailing sparks Waco protest 3 weeks later Updated: Jun-07-15 7:15 pm
WACO, Texas - Several hundred bikers protested Sunday outside a courthouse in Waco over the continued jailing of more than 100 bikers, friends and family members three weeks after a deadly shootout at a restaurant.
- Blurry lines between bikers, police clubs draw concern Updated: Jun-07-15 12:46 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Police officers and outlaw biker gangs often stand on common ground. Both attract the young and adventurous who value order, discipline and brotherhood. And on weekends tens of thousands of cops routinely trade their cruisers and badges for choppers and club colors.