- Texas Senate approves open carry of handguns Updated: May-22-15 10:57 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas took a major step toward allowing the licensed open carry of handguns, with Senate approval Friday night after a fierce debate over restricting police powers to ask people carrying guns if they are legal.
- Texas House passes biker safety bill days after shooting Updated: May-22-15 9:12 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas lawmakers approved motorcycle safety legislation on Friday that supporters say was going to be discussed at the biker's meeting in Waco where a deadly shootout erupted last weekend.
- The Latest on Waco shooting: Biker group gets proclamation Updated: May-22-15 9:11 pm
5:15 p.m. CDT
- Group that organized biker meeting gets city proclamation Updated: May-22-15 9:09 pm
Days after a biker shootout at a Texas restaurant, the same group that organized the motorcyclists' meeting that turned violent received a proclamation from the Waco City Council designating May as "Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month."
- Q&A about arrests in the Texas motorcycle gang shootout Updated: May-21-15 6:18 pm
DALLAS - In the hours after a deadly shootout involving two motorcycle gangs, about 170 people were arrested at a Texas restaurant. Depending on who is asked, the suspects are gang members or innocents who merely belong to motorcycle clubs or both.
- Days after Waco, South Carolina braces for bikers Updated: May-21-15 5:25 pm
ATLANTIC BEACH, South Carolina - Tens of thousands of bikers are expected to descend on South Carolina's Myrtle Beach area this Memorial Day weekend - and when they do, they'll be met with heavy security.
- Differing perceptions of Waco, Baltimore bothering some Updated: May-20-15 7:05 pm
WASHINGTON - The prevailing images of protests in Baltimore and Ferguson, Missouri, over police killings of black men were of police in riot gear, handcuffed protesters, tear gas and mass arrests. The main images of a fatal gun battle between armed bikers and police in Waco, Texas, also showed mass arrests - carried out by nonchalant-looking officers sitting around calm bikers on cellphones.
- Hosts of biker events reconsider after deadly Waco shootout Updated: May-20-15 7:04 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Motorcycle clubs have gathered dozens of times at Roy Barnett's bar for meetings just like the one that led to a shootout among rival biker gangs at a Waco restaurant.
- Annual New Mexico biker rally comes week after Waco shooting Updated: May-20-15 5:48 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A motorcycle gang shootout in Texas that left nine people dead and 18 others wounded has put law enforcement agencies on alert for an annual motorcycle gathering in northern New Mexico.
- Texas shooting elevates security concerns for Sturgis Rally Updated: May-20-15 11:40 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A motorcycle gang shootout in Texas that left nine dead has elevated security concerns for the upcoming Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota.
- Storms, rain prompt high-water rescues in Waco, Bridgeport Updated: May-20-15 11:09 am
WACO, Texas - Rescuers in Central Texas have saved a man from the storm-flooded Brazos (BRAZ'-uhs) River after he drifted downstream about 3 miles in the dark.
- Vandy tops defending champ UCLA for women's tennis title Updated: May-20-15 12:41 am
WACO, Texas - Vanderbilt was two points from its first NCAA women's team tennis title on one court when a UCLA rally shifted the focus to Astra Sharma three courts away.
- Virginia takes 2nd NCAA men's team tennis title in 3 years Updated: May-19-15 7:40 pm
WACO, Texas - Virginia's Mitchell Frank has played the deciding match for a national championship before, and with much more urgency than the Cavaliers faced in pursuit of their second NCAA men's team tennis title.
- Waco shootout puts spotlight on motorcycle club culture Updated: May-18-15 11:34 pm
Former undercover agent Jay Dobyns says people can be forgiven for thinking Sunday's biker bloodbath in Waco, Texas, was a throwback to a bad 1970s movie.
- Biker shootout becomes flashpoint for Texas gun opponents Updated: May-18-15 5:34 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The restaurant shootout between rival biker gangs in Waco became a last-ditch rallying cry Monday for opponents of a bill that Republican Gov. Greg Abbott is all but certain to soon sign into law: legalizing openly carried handguns in Texas.
- Family-run used car business in Waco closing after 105 years Updated: May-14-15 7:37 pm
WACO, Texas - Bill Miller's Used Cars, an iconic business that can trace its founding back 105 years and survived urban renewal, the deadly Waco tornado of 1953 and the owner's battle with cancer, is selling its last pre-owned vehicle this week and will retire as arguably the city's oldest car dealership.
- Part of Lake Whitney cliff collapses during storms Updated: May-11-15 10:14 pm
WACO, Texas - A large piece of a cliff above Lake Whitney that was already marred by a giant crack in the limestone has crashed into the lake below during a severe storm.
- Small granted release from Baylor women, Buckner to transfer Updated: May-11-15 9:59 pm
WACO, Texas - Guard Ieshia Small has been granted a release from the Baylor women's basketball team.
- Baylor's Briles takes on tough mix of family and football Updated: May-08-15 1:02 pm
WACO, Texas - Working for dad can be tricky, no matter the profession. At Baylor, where the Briles' family business is scoring touchdowns and winning Big 12 titles, just how difficult that could become is about to be tested.
- Texas businessman who sold synthetic marijuana pleads guilty Updated: May-08-15 10:07 am
WACO, Texas - A Central Texas businessman who sold synthetic marijuana at his smoke shop faces up to 20 years in federal prison.
- 4th relative gets prison over Texas, California drug ring Updated: Apr-30-15 8:29 am
WACO, Texas - A Central Texas man has been sentenced to seven years in prison over a marijuana ring that led to drug-related convictions for his wife and two sons.
- Waco man sentenced to 15 years for hit-and-run with deputy Updated: Apr-27-15 4:20 am
WACO, Texas - A Waco man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for a hit-and-run incident involving a McLennan County sheriff's deputy.
- Winners in annual Texas AP Broadcasters contests Updated: Apr-25-15 10:37 pm
- Woman indicted after girls found in filthy home with 56 dogs Updated: Apr-23-15 2:28 am
WACO, Texas - A Central Texas woman faces child endangerment charges after authorities discovered her two daughters living in a filthy home with 56 dogs.