- Foreign-matter contamination prompts Pilgrim's Pride recall Updated: Apr-26-16 6:57 pm
WACO, Texas - Pilgrim's Pride has ordered a massive recall of cooked chicken products after consumers and federal meat inspectors found contamination by such foreign material as wood, plastic, rubber and metal.
- Ex-Baylor star QB Tom Muecke dead at 52 Updated: Apr-26-16 5:18 pm
WACO, Texas - Former Baylor quarterback Tom Muecke (MIH'-kee), a two-time all-Southwest Conference star in the 1980s who went on to play seven seasons in the Canadian Football League, has died at the age of 52.
- HGTV's 'Fixer Upper' is must see TV for its growing fan base Updated: Apr-25-16 6:37 pm
NEW YORK - With all the joking and hamming for the camera that Chip Gaines does on "Fixer Upper," it's hard to believe that he initially was the shy half of the husband-and-wife duo that's garnered huge fans and ratings for HGTV.
- Utility worker death in Waco now investigated as murder Updated: Apr-25-16 3:10 pm
WACO, Texas - The burn-related death of a Central Texas utility worker while on duty has been classified as a murder.
- 5 charged after dinosaur bones taken on college trip to Utah Updated: Apr-21-16 8:06 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Prosecutors have filed theft charges against five people accused of stealing 60 pounds of dinosaur bones near a Utah quarry during an educational trip run by a college in Texas, authorities said Thursday.
- Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Updated: Apr-19-16 8:48 pm
Houston Chronicle. April 16, 2016.
- Big 12 spring football wrapping up, not talk about expansion Updated: Apr-19-16 3:30 pm
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops quickly said he didn't have a stance on the Big 12's discussions about the possibility of league expansion and a conference championship game. TCU's Gary Patterson said those were decisions that would be made at levels above him.
- Man arrested in death of Central Texas infant Updated: Apr-16-16 3:50 pm
BELTON, Texas - A man has been arrested in Waco on charges of injury to a child as Bell County authorities continue to investigate the December death of a 9-month-old boy.
- Family of drowned bridge worker awarded almost $18 million Updated: Apr-14-16 8:05 pm
WACO, Texas - The family of a construction worker drowned in the Brazos River in 2014 while helping build a Baylor University pedestrian bridge has been awarded almost $18 million by a Harris County jury.
- NFL prospect Oakman bonds out of jail in sex assault case Updated: Apr-14-16 1:55 pm
WACO, Texas - NFL prospect and former Baylor defensive end Shawn Oakman who was arrested on a sexual assault charge has been released from a Texas jail after posting $25,000 bond.
- Fired Central Texas officer gets probation for indecency Updated: Apr-13-16 12:40 pm
WACO, Texas - A 29-year-old former Central Texas law enforcement officer must serve 10 years of probation for fondling a juvenile girl while he was on the police force.
- Sheriff: Cow tramples to death Central Texas rancher Updated: Apr-10-16 11:44 am
WACO, Texas - Authorities say a 70-year-old Central Texas rancher was trampled to death by a cow he was apparently trying to load into a trailer to take to a veterinarian.
- Headliners, scholarships, other winners in Texas AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-09-16 10:16 pm
AUSTIN: Sept. 29, 2015: OTHER WINNERS: Headliners Foundation of Texas/Charles E. Green Awards for Excellence in Journalism
- Best Radio Reporter: Kate McGee, KUT, Austin
- List of TV winners in 2015-2016 Texas AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-09-16 10:13 pm
AUSTIN: March 26, 2015 TELEVISION WINNERS
- Waco jailer accused of helping Twin Peaks biker Updated: Apr-07-16 8:14 pm
WACO, Texas - A Waco-area jailer is facing allegations that she illegally provided information to a biker charged in the deadly shootout last year outside a Twin Peaks restaurant.
- Woman unharmed after locked in Waco library for 36 hours Updated: Apr-05-16 12:26 pm
WACO, Texas - An elderly woman has survived being locked alone in a Central Texas library for about 36 hours after she was trapped in a bathroom stall.
- Term of Texas grand jury considering biker cases expires Updated: Apr-01-16 7:47 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - The term of a Texas grand jury considering the cases of bikers arrested after a shootout that left nine dead last year at a Waco restaurant expired, giving defense attorneys hope that the 39 people whose cases weren't considered won't be indicted.