- London could get first Muslim mayor in UK local elections Updated: May-05-16 11:20 am
LONDON - Londoners cast votes Thursday in an election that could give the city its first Muslim mayor, while voters elsewhere in Britain were expected to punish the main opposition Labour Party in local and regional polls.
- Japan's Abe: Leaving EU could hurt Japanese investment in UK Updated: May-05-16 8:06 am
LONDON - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe says Britain will be a less attractive destination for Japanese investment if it leaves the European Union.
- Diamond the size of a tennis ball could fetch $70 million Updated: May-04-16 1:01 pm
LONDON - It's a rock for the ages.
- Lesedi la Rona among largest diamonds ever found Updated: May-04-16 12:19 pm
LONDON - The 1,109-carat Lesedi la Rona diamond, to be sold by Sotheby's in London on June 29, is one of the biggest gem-quality diamonds ever discovered. It joins an elite list of hefty rocks:
- John Boyega goes from 'Star Wars' to London's Old Vic stage Updated: May-04-16 8:39 am
LONDON - John Boyega is going from space battles in "Star Wars" to earthbound struggles onstage at London's Old Vic Theatre.
- Andy Murray won't stay at Olympic Village at Rio Games Updated: May-03-16 8:26 pm
MADRID - Defending champion Andy Murray says he won't be living in the Olympic Village in Rio de Janeiro, preferring to stay at an apartment with the British tennis team.
- UK Labour Party suspends councilors in anti-Semitism dispute Updated: May-02-16 12:58 pm
LONDON - The anti-Semitism dispute bedeviling Britain's Labour Party ahead of an election Thursday has continued with the suspension of three city councilors.
- In London's mayoral race, candidate rejects 'extremism' barb Updated: May-01-16 6:59 am
LONDON - One is a bus driver's son who grew up in social housing, the other a billionaire's son raised in a mansion. They are two very different London success stories, and one is about to become the city's next mayor.
- Boom! Queen & Harry answer Obamas' Invictus Games challenge Updated: Apr-29-16 3:43 pm
LONDON - It helps to have friends in high places when you're promoting an athletic event.
- Ranieri closes in on Hollywood ending with Leicester Updated: Apr-29-16 1:31 pm
LONDON - The Premier League trophy arrived in Leicester on Friday for a promotional tour. It will surely be back next month with Leicester City etched into the solid silver for the first time.
- 2 Birmingham men accused of funding Brussels bomb suspect Updated: Apr-29-16 9:11 am
LONDON - Two Birmingham men were accused in court Friday of giving money to a key suspect in the Brussels and Paris bombings in a case that may link British residents to those plots.
- Egypt tries to divert eyes to citizen who died in London Updated: Apr-28-16 3:23 pm
CAIRO - Under scrutiny in Europe over its handling of investigations into the torture death of an Italian student in Cairo, Egyptian authorities sought to deflect attention Thursday toward the fate of a British-Egyptian man who died in a London fire.
- UK police charge 3 with terrorism offenses in Birmingham Updated: Apr-28-16 2:04 pm
LONDON - British police on Thursday charged two men and a woman from Birmingham with terrorism-related offenses in a probe that began after the deadly extremist attacks on Paris and Brussels.
- UK's Labour suspends ex-London mayor in anti-Semitism row Updated: Apr-28-16 9:37 am
LONDON - Britain's main opposition Labour Party, facing growing criticism over perceived anti-Semitism in its ranks, suspended former London Mayor Ken Livingstone on Thursday over his comments in defense of a lawmaker who made anti-Israel posts on social media.
- Sounds of silence: UK's Big Ben to fall quiet for repairs Updated: Apr-26-16 2:24 pm
LONDON - It's so long to Big Ben 's bongs - at least temporarily.
- Susan Boyle 'fine' after police incident at Heathrow Updated: Apr-26-16 12:52 pm
LONDON - Susan Boyle's spokeswoman says the singer is at home and fine after an incident involving the police at London's Heathrow Airport.
- London's finest: Fun facts to know about the city's Big Ben Updated: Apr-26-16 12:48 pm
LONDON - As London's famous clock tower gets a face-lift, here are a few facts surrounding the chimes of Big Ben.
- Leicester 1 win from Premier League title after Spurs held Updated: Apr-25-16 6:25 pm
LONDON - Leicester is one victory from becoming one of the unlikeliest champions in English football history - a year after nearly being relegated from the Premier League.
- American heavyweight Breazeale to fight Joshua for IBF title Updated: Apr-25-16 10:00 am
LONDON - Undefeated American heavyweight Dominic Breazeale will challenge Anthony Joshua for his IBF title at London's O2 Arena on June 25.
- Britain's Prince Harry honors Australian, New Zealand fallen Updated: Apr-25-16 8:15 am
LONDON - Britain's Prince Harry has laid a wreath during an early morning ANZAC Day service in London honoring fallen New Zealanders and Australians.
- Army officer dies after collapsing running London Marathon Updated: Apr-25-16 7:51 am
LONDON - A British Army officer has died after collapsing three miles short of the London Marathon finish line.
- Leicester winger Mahrez voted England's player of the year Updated: Apr-24-16 6:17 pm
LONDON - Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez became the first African to be named English football's player of the year on Sunday, straight after the Algerian helped his team close in on the Premier League title.
- London Marathon record for Kipchoge; Sumgong wins after fall Updated: Apr-24-16 2:50 pm
LONDON - A feat of speed by Eliud Kipchoge, rushing to a course record. A feat of fortitude by Jemima Sumgong, recovering from a painful fall to win.
- Palace beats Watford 2-1 to face Man U in FA Cup final Updated: Apr-24-16 1:05 pm
LONDON - Connor Wickham headed Crystal Palace into the FA Cup final for the first time in 26 years as his team beat Watford 2-1 at Wembley Stadium on Sunday.
- UK astronaut Tim Peake runs marathon aboard space station Updated: Apr-24-16 11:17 am
LONDON - British astronaut Tim Peake has completed the London Marathon - from 250 miles (400 kilometers) above the Earth.