- David Rudisha to race against the clock in 800m in Zurich Updated: Sep-02-15 1:53 pm
ZURICH - After announcing his return to the top with a second world championship title in Beijing last month, 800-meter world record holder David Rudisha is aiming to run even faster at the Weltklasse Zurich meet on Thursday.
- Eurostar passengers stranded after migrant action in Calais Updated: Sep-02-15 10:14 am
PARIS - Hundreds of Eurostar train passengers trying to travel under the English Channel were stranded in France and Britain after migrants climbed on tracks overnight in the port city of Calais, officials said Wednesday.
- Transfer window: Club rifts, failed moves, record spend Updated: Sep-01-15 6:06 pm
LONDON - A record $1.3 billion was spent by English Premier League clubs in the summer transfer window.
- Sweden optimistic over questioning Assange in London Updated: Sep-01-15 12:34 pm
HELSINKI - Swedish officials said Tuesday they are optimistic about reaching a general agreement on legal assistance with Ecuador which could pave the way to questioning WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in London on outstanding accusations against him.
- UK police: Mother, 4 children detained in Turkey Updated: Sep-01-15 12:02 pm
LONDON - British police say a mother and her four young children from London who were believed to be on their way to Syria have been detained in Turkey.
- Benedict Cumberbatch, Helen Mirren lead London Film Fest Updated: Sep-01-15 11:47 am
LONDON - Helen Mirren, Benedict Cumberbatch and Maggie Smith are among the British stars to attend this year's London Film Festival.
- Palace inflicts Mourinho's 2nd loss in 100 home league games Updated: Aug-29-15 2:56 pm
LONDON - More than just a blip in form, Jose Mourinho's Chelsea Premier League title defense is in trouble after only four games.
- Bleisure: When your workday is over, evenings in London Updated: Aug-27-15 12:24 pm
Business travelers to London always have plenty of options for exploring the city after the workday is done. But this fall, visitors have a few special evening activities to choose from in addition to the usual possibilities like the London Eye (open until 8:30 p.m. daily) and the observatory at The Shard, which offers London's highest view until 10 p.m. daily through Oct. 31 (last entry at 9:30 p.m.).
- Antonio Banderas swaps film for fashion with college stint Updated: Aug-27-15 12:21 pm
LONDON - Antonio Banderas has swapped film for fashion, at least temporarily.
- London Underground delays plans for 24-hour subway service Updated: Aug-27-15 7:19 am
LONDON - London Underground has delayed plans to start a 24-hour subway service on weekends, allowing more time for talks with unions demanding better pay and conditions.
- Critics deliver mixed verdict on hyped Cumberbatch 'Hamlet' Updated: Aug-26-15 8:52 am
LONDON - It's a "Hamlet" with Hollywood-level hype and an A-list star in Benedict Cumberbatch. But London's latest stage sensation is more than a Shakespearean star vehicle.
- Clock shock: British admit Big Ben's bongs not quite on time Updated: Aug-25-15 11:53 am
LONDON - Don't set your watch by Big Ben.
- London subway strikes suspended to allow for more talks Updated: Aug-24-15 12:55 pm
LONDON - London subway workers say they are suspending strikes that had been planned for this week.
- UK imposes curbs on vintage aircraft after air show crash Updated: Aug-24-15 11:13 am
LONDON - Britain's aviation regulator on Monday issued immediate restrictions on flying displays by vintage aircraft, after a jet performing at an airshow crashed and killed at least 11 people over the weekend.
- Boston Symphony Orchestra kicks off European tour in London Updated: Aug-22-15 10:19 am
BOSTON - The Boston Symphony Orchestra is heading to Europe for its first tour of the continent since 2007.
- Rev. Jesse Jackson visits Julian Assange in London Updated: Aug-21-15 11:55 am
LONDON - American civil rights activist Rev. Jesse Jackson has visited WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange inside the Ecuadorean Embassy in London, where the Australian has been living for over three years.
- US defender Tim Ream switches English clubs to join Fulham Updated: Aug-20-15 1:13 pm
LONDON - United States defender Tim Ream has joined English second-tier club Fulham from Bolton.
- Queen Elizabeth II leads ceremonies in Britain for VJ Day Updated: Aug-15-15 11:50 am
LONDON - Veterans wearing medals, some in wheelchairs festooned with the Union flag, paraded through central London on Saturday to mark the 70th anniversary of the victory over Japan and the end of World War II.
- UK court grants bail to trader accused in 'flash crash' Updated: Aug-14-15 2:19 pm
LONDON - A British court has granted bail to the financial trader accused of contributing to the 2010 Wall Street "flash crash."
- Arrest threat prompts British ex-lawmaker to appear in court Updated: Aug-14-15 10:07 am
LONDON - A former British lawmaker diagnosed with severe dementia appeared briefly in court Friday after being threatened with arrest if he failed to attend a hearing on charges of sex crimes against children.
- Sweden drops some sex cases against Assange Updated: Aug-13-15 4:07 pm
HELSINKI - Swedish prosecutors on Thursday dropped cases of lesser sexual misconduct against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange but said they still want to question him on accusations of rape made after his visit to Stockholm five years ago.
- Correction: F1-Button Burgled story Updated: Aug-13-15 11:31 am
LONDON - In a story Aug. 7 about burglars ransacking the rented villa of Formula One driver Jenson Button, The Associated Press incorrectly reported the location of the villa. It was in Ramatuelle, not St. Tropez.
- UK counterterror police arrest 3 teenage girls, other family Updated: Aug-12-15 6:28 am
LONDON - British police say they have arrested five members of the same family, including three teenage girls, as part of a counterterrorism investigation.
- Pearson sells entire stake in Economist magazine publisher Updated: Aug-12-15 5:13 am
LONDON - London-based Pearson has agreed to sell its 50 percent stake in the publisher of the Economist magazine to Italian investment group Exor, as it sheds its media holdings to focus on education publications.
- Florida tourism board makes deal with UK soccer club Updated: Aug-11-15 5:57 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Florida's tourism board has entered into a sponsorship agreement with London's oldest soccer club.