- London 'We Will Rock You' to close after 12 years Updated: Mar-11-14 9:43 am
- British transit union leader Bob Crow dies at 52 Updated: Mar-11-14 8:25 am
- Jude Law, Judi Dench up for Olivier theater awards Updated: Mar-10-14 9:49 am
- UK anti-terror officer moved over spying scandal Updated: Mar-07-14 1:58 pm
- Trial begins in UK case against famous PR guru Updated: Mar-05-14 6:34 am
- Salmond: Independent Scotland would not be foreign Updated: Mar-04-14 6:11 pm
- UK's Hague: 'Options open' on Russia sanctions Updated: Mar-04-14 8:40 am
- Aide to UK's PM arrested in child pornography inquiry Updated: Mar-04-14 6:20 am
- Sanctions threat grows as Ukraine tensions rise Updated: Mar-03-14 11:46 am
- Prince Harry, Desmond Tutu, others honor Mandela Updated: Mar-03-14 10:16 am
- 'Made in Dagenham' musical coming to London stage Updated: Mar-03-14 10:07 am
- UK's anti-Europe party seeks gains in EU election Updated: Mar-01-14 11:38 am
- Ex-Gitmo inmate faces Syrian terror charges in UK Updated: Mar-01-14 7:11 am
- Anna Netrebko pulls out of 'Faust' role Updated: Feb-28-14 12:47 pm
- Full recovery for Schumacher unlikely, some say Updated: Feb-28-14 10:07 am
- 110 arrested in swoop on 'boiler room' fraud Updated: Feb-28-14 7:40 am
- 'Citizen Kane' script up for sale at Sotheby's Updated: Feb-27-14 1:37 pm
- International demos over jailed reporters in Egypt Updated: Feb-27-14 12:16 pm
- Merkel: We need strong UK in strong Europe Updated: Feb-27-14 9:01 am
- Man guilty of slaying UK soldier sentenced to life Updated: Feb-26-14 1:22 pm
- Ex-Barclays traders appear on rate-rigging charges Updated: Feb-26-14 11:32 am
- London races to mark 60 years since Bannister mile Updated: Feb-26-14 8:38 am
- Freedom for IRA man linked to 1982 Hyde Park bomb Updated: Feb-25-14 3:25 pm
- Oldest-known Holocaust survivor dies at 110 Updated: Feb-23-14 6:04 pm
- Chelsea stays top; Arsenal, Man City also win Updated: Feb-22-14 4:23 pm
LONDON - We Will Rock You" won't be rocking in London much longer.
LONDON - British transit union leader Bob Crow - a hero to many of his members but a scourge to London commuters - has died at the age of 52.
LONDON - Screen stars Jude Law, Tom Hiddleston and Judi Dench saw their stage work rewarded Monday with nominations for Britain's Laurence Olivier theater awards.
LONDON - London's top counterterrorism police officer was removed from his post Friday after he was implicated in a report that concluded the force spied on the family of a murdered teenager - a notorious killing whose aftermath exposed police racism and incompetence.
LONDON - The trial of public relations guru Max Clifford on charges of indecent assault is underway with jury selection at a central London court.
LONDON - Scotland's leader took his call for independence to the heart of opposition territory in London on Tuesday, arguing that a separate Scotland would not be a foreign country to England.
LONDON - Britain's foreign secretary said Tuesday that "our options are open" on stronger measures against Russia over the crisis in Ukraine, though a leaked document seemed to suggest the U.K. had ruled out economic sanctions.
LONDON - A senior aide to Prime Minister David Cameron has been arrested and has resigned after images potentially related to child pornography were found on computers.
LONDON - Fears of a tit-for-tat campaign of economic sanctions between Russia and Western powers over Ukraine ratcheted up Monday, with concerns largely centering on Russia's supplies of natural gas to Europe.
LONDON - Prince Harry, former Archbishop of Cape Town Desmond Tutu, and Prime Minister David Cameron have joined nearly 2,000 people in a memorial service for the late South African President Nelson Mandela.
LONDON - The story of a band of female workers who fight the powers at their Ford factory is heading to London's stage.
LONDON - Fruitcake-free and ready to roll: That was the message from the upstart United Kingdom Independence Party as it finished a two-day conference Saturday focused on winning more seats in the European Parliament.
LONDON - A former Guantanamo Bay detainee and human rights activist was arraigned Saturday in a London court on charges of promoting terrorism in Syria.
BERLIN - Anna Netrebko has pulled out of plans to play Marguerite in Charles Gounod's "Faust," saying she's decided that the role isn't right for her.
LONDON - Nearly two months after Michael Schumacher suffered serious head injuries in a skiing accident and was placed in a drug-induced coma, some neurologists say the seven-time Formula One champion seems unlikely to make a full recovery.
LONDON - Police have arrested 110 people in Britain, Spain, Serbia and the United States in a swoop targeting financial fraudsters.
LONDON - Orson Welles' personal draft script for "Citizen Kane" is up for sale - from the collection of an American almost as wealthy as the movie's monstrous newspaper mogul, though considerably more private.
LONDON - Groups of journalists and their supporters joined Thursday in protesting the detention of four Al Jazeera staffers in Egypt, sending gagged protesters into public squares, picketing Egyptian embassies, and packing newsrooms with journalists carrying signs: "Journalism is not a crime."
LONDON - German Chancellor Angela Merkel wooed a welcoming but skeptical audience of British lawmakers Thursday with a call for a strong, unified Europe with Britain at its heart.
LONDON - An al-Qaida-inspired extremist was sentenced to life without parole Wednesday for hacking an off-duty British soldier to death on a London street in front of horrified passers-by.
LONDON - Three former Barclays PLC employees appeared in a London court Wednesday on charges related to the rigging of a key market interest rate.
LONDON - The 60th anniversary of Roger Bannister breaking the four-minute mile will be marked with races over the distance in London.
DUBLIN - An Irish Republican Army veteran charged with the IRA killing of four soldiers in London's Hyde Park in 1982 has been freed from custody after a judge ruled that the British government misled the man into thinking he could travel to England without fear of arrest.
LONDON - Alice Herz-Sommer, believed to be the oldest Holocaust survivor, died at age 110 on Sunday, a family member said. The accomplished pianist's death came just a week before her extraordinary story of surviving two years in a Nazi prison camp through devotion to music and her son is up for an Oscar.
LONDON - Wins by Chelsea and Manchester City, and a potent attacking display by Arsenal, left the top of the Premier League unchanged Saturday.