- A name for Britain's new princess: Charlotte Elizabeth Diana Updated: May-05-15 12:07 am
LONDON - It's a name that immediately evokes British royal history: Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.
- Britain's new princess can't expect fairy-tale life Updated: May-04-15 10:20 am
LONDON - William and Kate's new daughter is the first British princess who won't face royal discrimination because she's a girl, but that doesn't mean her life will be a fairy tale.
- Chelsea wins Premier League title for 1st time in 5 years Updated: May-03-15 7:21 pm
LONDON - Chelsea won the Premier League with three games to spare with a 1-0 victory over fellow London side Crystal Palace, while Paris Saint-Germain took a step closer to a third straight title with a 2-0 victory at Nantes in the French league.
- Pretty in Pink: Princess is good for nation of shopkeepers Updated: May-03-15 11:04 am
LONDON - Britain's retailers might just be rejoicing as much as Kate and Wills about the birth of a new baby princess.
- Should Britain stay in the EU? Question hovers in election Updated: May-03-15 9:50 am
LONDON - Ian Robinson, co-owner of a small investment firm in London, is watching Britain's general election this Thursday with unease.
- It's a girl: Timeline of William and Kate's relationship Updated: May-02-15 1:58 pm
LONDON - Prince William's wife Kate has given birth to the couple's second child, a daughter who becomes fourth in line for the throne. Here are some highlights of the couple's lives:
- Crime and mystery writer Ruth Rendell dies at 85 Updated: May-02-15 10:12 am
LONDON - Mystery writer Ruth Rendell, who brought psychological insight and social conscience to the classic British detective story, has died at the age of 85.
- Prince William and Kate face transition: new baby, new job Updated: May-02-15 6:52 am
LONDON - It is a period of transition for Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge, with the birth of a daughter even as William adjusts to a new job as a helicopter ambulance pilot.
- Beckham's influence grows as former soccer star turns 40 Updated: May-01-15 11:00 am
- Russell Brand steps into UK election with Miliband interview Updated: Apr-29-15 11:06 am
LONDON - Russell Brand doesn't vote, but his interview with opposition leader Ed Miliband has enlivened a staid, stage-managed British election campaign.
- Barclays sets aside $1.2 billion to cover scandal cost Updated: Apr-29-15 9:05 am
LONDON - Barclays set aside another 800 million pounds ($1.2 billion) on Wednesday to cover the cost of allegations that it manipulated foreign exchange markets as Britain's second-biggest bank seeks to put the scandals of the past behind it.
- 'American in Paris,' 'Fun Home' lead Tony nominations pack Updated: Apr-28-15 7:20 pm
NEW YORK - The musicals "An American in Paris" and "Fun Home" each received a leading 12 Tony Award nominations on Tuesday, showing two very different sides of this Broadway season.
- Swedish top court allows Assange to appeal detention order Updated: Apr-28-15 1:40 pm
HELSINKI - Sweden's highest court decided Tuesday to allow Julian Assange to appeal a detention order against the WikiLeaks founder over allegations of sex crimes.
- Sweet Surprise: Palace delivers pastry to royal fans Updated: Apr-28-15 10:07 am
LONDON - The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge offered a sweet surprise to die-hard fans on Tuesday, sending luxury pastries to thank them for camping outside the hospital and awaiting the birth of the royal baby.
- Kipchoge wins his 1st London Marathon in Kenyan top 4 Updated: Apr-26-15 1:50 pm
LONDON - Eliud Kipchoge won the London Marathon for the first time on Sunday, leading home a Kenyan top four ahead of defending champion Wilson Kipsang.
- Primary colors: Britain chooses artist to chronicle election Updated: Apr-26-15 5:38 am
LONDON - In this era of Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and selfies, Britain's Parliament has taken a step back to the 1700s, choosing an artist armed with pencil and paper to offer insight into the general election campaign.
- How London man may have helped trigger the 'flash crash' Updated: Apr-25-15 3:34 pm
NEW YORK - He operated from a modest suburban London home he shared with his parents, far from the city's glamorous financial center. He used off-the-shelf software anyone can buy.
- Tottenham could share new stadium with NFL team Updated: Apr-24-15 11:32 am
LONDON - Wembley Stadium may not be the only London venue in the NFL's future.
- HSBC considers moving headquarters from Britain Updated: Apr-24-15 11:29 am
LONDON - Global bank HSBC said Friday it is considering moving its headquarters from London due to tougher regulation since the 2008 financial crisis, a politically charged announcement two weeks before Britain's national election.
- Usain Bolt: Gay's reduced doping ban sends wrong message Updated: Apr-24-15 7:59 am
LONDON - Usain Bolt believes Tyson Gay should have been thrown out of the sport for doping, calling his American rival's reduced ban for cooperating with investigators "the stupidest thing I've ever heard."
- Deutsche Bank to pay $2.5B for interest rate violations Updated: Apr-23-15 2:31 pm
ALBANY, New York - Deutsche Bank has agreed to pay $2.5 billion in a settlement with U.S. and British authorities over the manipulation of benchmark interest rates used globally for its own financial gain.
- Nicole Kidman returning to London stage in DNA story Updated: Apr-23-15 11:42 am
LONDON - Nicole Kidman is returning to the London stage in a play about the woman who helped unlock the secrets of DNA.
- Sundance film festival to revive London offshoot in 2016 Updated: Apr-23-15 11:25 am
LONDON - Robert Redford's Sundance Film Festival is reviving its London offshoot, and continuing its spinoff event in Hong Kong.
- Noticing Nicola: SNP leader makes mark in race Updated: Apr-23-15 3:21 am
LONDON - She's 5-foot-4, favors fuchsia suits and isn't running in the British election.
- Still possessing record, Radcliffe ready for final marathon Updated: Apr-22-15 7:14 pm
LONDON - In front of Buckingham Palace, Paula Radcliffe will cross the finish line and bid farewell on Sunday.