- Redskins could play twice in London next season Updated: Nov-25-15 8:00 pm
LONDON - The Washington Redskins could become the first NFL team to play two games in London in one season - in consecutive weeks, no less.
- Dome operator: Rams must play in St. Louis, not London Updated: Nov-25-15 1:35 pm
ST. LOUIS - The NFL announced Wednesday that the Rams will play a home game in London next season and the operator of the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis responded almost immediately by saying the team's lease agreement prohibits it.
- Arsenal's Champs League hopes alive with 3-0 win over Zagreb Updated: Nov-24-15 6:22 pm
LONDON - Arsenal received a Champions League lifeline courtesy of Alexis Sanchez's double and assistance from Bayern Munich on Tuesday.
- Jewel heist gang leader dropped out after 1st try failed Updated: Nov-24-15 10:35 am
LONDON - If at first you don't succeed, give up.
- Nicole Kidman named best actress at Evening Standard awards Updated: Nov-23-15 5:17 am
LONDON - Nicole Kidman says her award-winning London stage performance as a scientist was a tribute to her late father.
- Players and fans join in tributes after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-22-15 6:02 pm
PARIS - For the second straight day, the security presence was increased around Europe's soccer stadiums in the wake of last week's deadly attacks in Paris, where 130 people died and hundreds more were injured.
- Brace for Kane as Tottenham beats West Ham in easy 4-1 win Updated: Nov-22-15 3:34 pm
LONDON - England striker Harry Kane scored twice as Tottenham brushed aside London rival West Ham in a convincing 4-1 victory at White Hart Lane on Sunday.
- London police apologize for sex behavior of undercover cops Updated: Nov-20-15 8:28 am
LONDON - Scotland Yard has settled legal claims from seven female activists who said undercover police had formed "intimate sexual relationships" with them while investigating protest movements.
- Actress Kim Cattrall ill; withdraws from London play Updated: Nov-20-15 8:24 am
LONDON - "Sex and the City" star Kim Cattrall has withdrawn from playing the title role in "Linda" on the London stage due to an unspecified health problem.
- Hold onto your helicopter: 'Miss Saigon' returns to Broadway Updated: Nov-19-15 1:38 pm
NEW YORK - That familiar sound of thwak, thwak, thwak is coming back to Broadway - the musical "Miss Saigon," complete with iconic helicopter, will land in New York again.
- British police arrest man in 1984 killing of policewoman Updated: Nov-19-15 8:03 am
LONDON - British police on Thursday announced "the first significant arrest" in the 1984 killing of London policewoman Yvonne Fletcher, shot dead from inside the Libyan embassy in an incident that solidified Libya's reputation as a rogue state.
- France, England soccer teams unite in defiance, respect Updated: Nov-18-15 12:28 am
LONDON - Uniting in a symbol of defiance and respect, players and fans of the French and English soccer teams delivered a moving display of solidarity at Wembley Stadium at a friendly staged four days after the deadly attacks in Paris.
- French national team to play England in act of defiance Updated: Nov-16-15 4:33 pm
LONDON - The Wembley Arch will be illuminated in the red, white and blue of the French flag. The French motto, "Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite" will be projected onto the front of the stadium. The words of "La Marseillaise," France's national anthem, will be shown on giant screens so that England fans can sing along with their French counterparts.
- Cynthia Payne, flamboyant British brothel owner, dies at 82 Updated: Nov-16-15 12:04 pm
LONDON - Cynthia Payne, the British madam made famous when police raided her home and found elderly men paying for lewd entertainment with lunch vouchers, has died. She was 82.
- Indian actor Jaffrey, known for 'Gandhi' and others, dies Updated: Nov-16-15 10:05 am
NEW DELHI - Saeed Jaffrey, an Indian actor acclaimed for his roles in international films including "Gandhi," ''A Passage to India" and "My Beautiful Laundrette," has died at age 86.
- India's Modi meets queen, rallies fans on 2nd day of UK trip Updated: Nov-13-15 12:59 pm
LONDON - Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi lunched with Queen Elizabeth II and rallied thousands of cheering supporters on the second day of his high-profile official visit to Britain, as royal officials announced Prince William and his wife Kate will visit India next year.
- Ukrainian cleared of planning to bomb Russia's UK embassy Updated: Nov-13-15 10:05 am
LONDON - A jury has cleared a Ukrainian man accused of plotting to blow up the Russian embassy in London after being radicalized by the conflict in eastern Ukraine.
- Betsy Drake, actress-wife of Cary Grant, dies aged 92 Updated: Nov-12-15 7:16 pm
LONDON - Betsy Drake, an actress who was also the third of Cary Grant's five wives and a survivor of the sinking of the ocean liner Andrea Doria, has died. She was 92.
- Trial opens for UK cult leader accused of rape, imprisonment Updated: Nov-12-15 10:51 am
LONDON - A trial has opened in London for the leader of a Maoist cult who is accused of sexually assaulting his followers and imprisoning his own daughter in a secretive commune for 30 years.
- A look at the key doping allegations against Russia Updated: Nov-12-15 6:43 am
MOSCOW - Russia faces expulsion from the marquee track and field events at next year's Olympics after a World Anti-Doping Agency report accused it of operating a vast state-sponsored doping program.
- Europe pays tribute to war dead on Armistice Day Updated: Nov-11-15 1:04 pm
PARIS - Church bells tolled and officials laid wreaths across Europe on Armistice Day on Wednesday to pay tribute to the millions of soldiers killed during World War I.
- Cameron: Britain's EU demands not 'Mission: Impossible' Updated: Nov-10-15 3:46 pm
LONDON - British Prime Minister David Cameron laid out his government's demands for European Union reform Tuesday, saying a looser "British model of membership" would let him campaign "heart and soul" for his country to stay in the 28-nation bloc.
- London mayor lashes out against 'foolish' Israel boycotters Updated: Nov-09-15 2:25 pm
TEL AVIV, Israel - The mayor of London has lashed out against boycotters of Israel as "lefty academics" who wield no real influence.
- Q&A on the Russian doping scandal Updated: Nov-09-15 2:02 pm
GENEVA - The report that damned Russia's record on doping in athletics was even more damaging than expected.
- Gibbs rescues point for Arsenal in 1-1 derby draw vs Spurs Updated: Nov-08-15 2:11 pm
LONDON - Kieran Gibbs was Arsenal's unlikely rescue act after coming off the bench in the north London derby on Sunday, scoring his second-ever Premier League goal to recover a 1-1 draw against Tottenham.