- State budget woes stall progress on 2 Springfield projects Updated: Jul-13-15 4:21 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Renovation work at two Springfield historic sites is being affected by state budget negotiations, according to Illinois Historic Preservation Agency officials.
- 2-year Lincoln College aims for university status Updated: Jul-08-15 4:07 am
LINCOLN, Illinois - The new president of two-year Lincoln College in central Illinois hopes to lead the school to four-year, university status.
- Illinois city sells train cars as it fixes up station Updated: Jul-07-15 4:05 am
LINCOLN, Illinois - One central Illinois community has sold off two passenger cars and two cabooses as it renovates its downtown train station.
- Budget impasse shuts down program for troubled youths Updated: Jul-01-15 2:38 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A spokesman for the Illinois National Guard says about 90 staffers of the Lincoln's Challenge program for troubled youth have been asked not to report for work because of the state budget impasse.
- Lincoln College to become a university, new president says Updated: Jun-30-15 4:04 am
LINCOLN, Illinois - The newly installed president of Lincoln College says the central Illinois school will become a university with the addition of baccalaureate degrees.