- Elko declared disaster area due to drought Updated: Jul-31-15 6:15 am
ELKO, Nevada - Elko County has been declared a natural disaster area due to damage caused by the severe drought in the region.
- 2 wildfires stopped in Elko County in northeast Nevada Updated: Jul-30-15 7:52 pm
ELKO, Nevada - An official says firefighters in northeast Nevada stopped a wildfire that charred nearly 3.5 square miles of grassland and sage in less than a day.
- Homeless look down the road Updated: Jul-24-15 6:15 am
ELKO, Nevada - The sun beat down on Bruce Alexander, who sat in shorts, socks and a beanie at a plastic table in Elko's homeless camp.
- Newmont, Nevada contractor cited for worker's death Updated: Jul-14-15 1:56 pm
ELKO, Nevada - Newmont Mining Corp. and one of its Nevada contractors have been cited for federal safety violations in the death of a worker in January at the Leeville mine north of Carlin.
- Oregon man arrested for stealing $47K from Nevada house Updated: Jul-11-15 2:17 pm
ELKO, Nevada - Authorities say an Oregon man contracted to do repairs on an Elko house instead robbed the homeowner of $47,000 in cash as well as other items.
- Altitude may have contributed to hiker's death Updated: Jul-10-15 10:25 am
ELKO, Nevada - A California man died of a heart attack while hiking in northeastern Nevada.
- Man seriously injured protecting children from dog Updated: Jul-09-15 6:14 am
ELKO, Nevada - An Elko man was seriously injured while protecting children from a dog that was attacking.
- Hearing postponed for former Elko deputy facing theft charge Updated: Jul-08-15 11:55 am
ELKO, Nevada - A judge postponed for one month a court hearing for a former Elko County sheriff's deputy facing felony theft charges alleging that he used a county credit card for more than $3,000 worth of personal expenses.
- US attorney wants to appeal loss in Nevada cash seizure case Updated: Jul-03-15 2:35 pm
LAS VEGAS - The top federal prosecutor in Nevada wants to appeal an order to return $167,000 seized from a Hawaii man who was stopped twice on Interstate 80 near Elko but never charged with a crime.
- BLM, Nevada ranchers strike deal to resume livestock grazing Updated: Jul-03-15 6:10 am
BATTLE MOUNTAIN, Nevada - The U.S. Bureau of Land Management has reached an agreement in a year-old grazing dispute with northern Nevada ranchers that allows them to return some cattle to federal rangeland.