- Ex-Elko County sheriff's deputy Keema charged with theft Updated: Apr-30-15 4:57 pm
ELKO, Nevada - The Elko County district attorney has filed a felony theft charge against a former sheriff's deputy, accusing him of spending county funds on his own expenses.
- Drought could spell disaster for wild horses, cows Updated: Apr-29-15 10:25 am
ELKO, Nevada - A lack of rainfall and diminishing water on the range could leave wild horses and ranchers' cattle thirsty and in danger this summer.
- Elko man pleads not guilty to beating of 5-year-old girl Updated: Apr-28-15 2:55 pm
ELKO, Nevada - A 48-year-old Elko man has pleaded not guilty to felony child abuse charges in the severe beating of a 5-year-old girl in January.
- Driver killed by train in Elko was from Kansas Updated: Apr-28-15 11:07 am
ELKO, Nevada - The Elko County Sheriff's Office has identified the man died after pulling his car in front of an Amtrak train Sunday morning.
- Elko County fight over fish, forest road resumes in US court Updated: Apr-27-15 3:35 pm
RENO, Nevada - A 15-year-old legal battle between a Nevada county, the U.S. government and environmentalists resumed Monday in federal court in Reno, where Elko County officials once again are trying to prove a national forest road belongs to them based on claims it existed before the national forest was created more than a century ago.
- Elko deputy on leave after alleged BB gun shot at wife Updated: Apr-22-15 1:58 pm
ELKO, Nevada - Elko County Undersheriff Clair Morris says a deputy accused of shooting his wife with a BB gun has been placed on paid administrative leave.
- $5k reward offered in elk poaching case in Elko County Updated: Apr-19-15 9:56 pm
ELKO, Nevada - A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the conviction of the person or persons responsible for poaching a bull elk in northern Elko County.
- Carlin man admits murdering mother, shooting brother Updated: Apr-15-15 1:35 pm
ELKO, Nevada - A 24-year-old Carlin man has pleaded no contest to murdering his mother and attempting to murder his brother in a plea deal with prosecutors that will make him eligible for parole in 50 years.
- Elko school trustees mulling flawed West Wendover school bid Updated: Apr-14-15 10:46 am
ELKO, Nevada - School trustees in Elko are being asked to let a contractor withdraw from a flawed $20 million bid for a new West Wendover elementary school.
- Lack of doctors leading to lengthy waits for Nevada veterans Updated: Apr-09-15 12:06 pm
LAS VEGAS - LAS VEGAS - In the months after lawmakers and federal officials vowed to do something about long waits for care in the Veterans Affairs health care system, many people who served in uniform are still waiting.
- Nevada game wardens seek clues in elk-poaching case Updated: Apr-04-15 9:49 pm
ELKO, Nevada - Nevada game wardens are searching for leads in an elk-poaching case in northern Elko County.