- Elko man gets back-to-back life sentence terms Updated: May-22-15 9:07 am
ELKO, Nevada - An Elko man has been sentenced to back-to-back life prison terms for molesting two young boys when he was a teenager.
- Popular downtown Elko bar loses liquor license Updated: May-20-15 12:12 pm
ELKO, Nevada - The Horseshoe Club has lost its liquor license after police said the popular Elko bar and strip club served minors and visibly intoxicated people.
- 2 arrested on gun, drug, theft charges at Elko hotel Updated: May-18-15 11:23 am
ELKO, Nevada - Two suspects are being held in the Elko County Jail on bail in excess of $300,000 after their arrest on gun, drug and theft charges.
- 3 arrested, guns confiscated after shooting threat in Elko Updated: May-18-15 11:01 am
ELKO, Nevada - Elko police have arrested three suspects and confiscated two handguns after security guards reported they were threatening to shoot people at the Red Lion Hotel.
- Elko police say May 3 homicide was justified, self-defense Updated: May-16-15 10:08 am
ELKO, Nevada - Elko police investigating a homicide two weeks ago say they've determined it was a justifiable case of self-defense and don't intend to file any charges against 28-year-old Frank Criswell.
- Deputy sheriff ordered to give up guns Updated: May-15-15 12:20 pm
ELKO, Nevada - A deputy sheriff accused of shooting his wife with a BB gun at the county shooting range has been ordered to give up all his firearms until November.
- Reward to $28,700 in hunt for Nevada cattle shooters Updated: May-08-15 3:33 pm
ELKO, Nevada - The Nevada Cattlemen's Association and others have upped the reward in the search for suspects who've been shooting dozens of cattle in northern Nevada after another one was found dead last weekend in Elko County near Wildhorse Reservoir.
- Snow, rain records in Nevada; Vegas advisory to 11a Saturday Updated: May-08-15 1:57 pm
RENO, Nevada - A winter weather advisory remains in effect until 11 a.m. Saturday north and west of Las Vegas, where up to 6 inches of snow is possible in the highest elevations around Red Rock Canyon and Death Valley National Park.
- Ex-Elko County sheriff's deputy Keema charged with theft Updated: Apr-30-15 4:57 pm
ELKO, Nevada - The Elko County district attorney has filed a felony theft charge against a former sheriff's deputy, accusing him of spending county funds on his own expenses.
- Drought could spell disaster for wild horses, cows Updated: Apr-29-15 10:25 am
ELKO, Nevada - A lack of rainfall and diminishing water on the range could leave wild horses and ranchers' cattle thirsty and in danger this summer.
- Elko man pleads not guilty to beating of 5-year-old girl Updated: Apr-28-15 2:55 pm
ELKO, Nevada - A 48-year-old Elko man has pleaded not guilty to felony child abuse charges in the severe beating of a 5-year-old girl in January.
- Driver killed by train in Elko was from Kansas Updated: Apr-28-15 11:07 am
ELKO, Nevada - The Elko County Sheriff's Office has identified the man died after pulling his car in front of an Amtrak train Sunday morning.
- Elko County fight over fish, forest road resumes in US court Updated: Apr-27-15 3:35 pm
RENO, Nevada - A 15-year-old legal battle between a Nevada county, the U.S. government and environmentalists resumed Monday in federal court in Reno, where Elko County officials once again are trying to prove a national forest road belongs to them based on claims it existed before the national forest was created more than a century ago.