- 1 dead after tree falls on I-80 outside Sacramento Updated: Mar-09-14 10:20 pm
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law Updated: Mar-09-14 11:45 am
- Sacramento stomps Montana State 84-59 Updated: Mar-09-14 12:17 am
- Kings lose F Landry to season-ending knee injury Updated: Mar-08-14 3:12 pm
- Burglars may have targeted museum's Golden Spike Updated: Mar-07-14 8:58 am
- Montana beats Sacramento State 70-55 Updated: Mar-07-14 12:35 am
- GOP candidate: Brown oversaw middle-class downfall Updated: Mar-06-14 8:40 pm
- Scandals prompt ethics bills from Senate Democrats Updated: Mar-06-14 8:19 pm
- Sacramento Kings sign Royce White to 10-day deal Updated: Mar-06-14 1:35 pm
- Thomas lifts Kings past Bucks 116-102 Updated: Mar-06-14 2:41 am
- Judge: Fine GOP brothers for campaign violations Updated: Mar-05-14 4:05 pm
- Man who hid assets gets 17-year prison term Updated: Mar-05-14 1:14 pm
- Sacramento to launch 'cash for grass' program Updated: Mar-05-14 8:49 am
- Pelicans beat Lakers 132-125 to end 8-game skid Updated: Mar-05-14 2:29 am
- Task Force: California storms didn't end drought Updated: Mar-04-14 11:08 pm
- California inmate dies while awaiting execution Updated: Mar-04-14 8:52 pm
- Peralta has solid outing, but Brewers lose to A's Updated: Mar-04-14 8:23 pm
- Judge OKs second phase of high-speed rail lawsuit Updated: Mar-04-14 1:46 pm
- Report: Flu hit poverty areas hardest Updated: Mar-04-14 9:00 am
- 4 Californians charged in Sparks credit card scam Updated: Mar-04-14 6:15 am
- Cousins, Thomas lead Kings past slumping Pelicans Updated: Mar-04-14 2:30 am
- Leader says lost supermajority won't hinder Senate Updated: Mar-03-14 8:29 pm
- California lawmaker accused of corruption on leave Updated: Mar-03-14 12:16 am
- Judge says 2 California laws are unconstitutional Updated: Mar-02-14 7:07 pm
- Sacramento sheriff's deputies kill armed man Updated: Mar-02-14 5:34 pm
VACAVILLE, California - The California Highway Patrol says one person was killed after a tree fell on a highway southwest of Sacramento.
SAN FRANCISCO - California's greenhouse gas reduction law already has shaken up the state's industrial sector, costing it more than $1.5 billion in pollution permit fees.
SACRAMENTO, California - Mikh McKinney scored 19 points and grabbed six rebounds as Sacramento State stomped Montana State 84-59 on Saturday night in the regular season finale for both teams.
SACRAMENTO, California - The Sacramento Kings say reserve forward Carl Landry will miss the remainder of the season with a medial meniscus tear in his right knee that will require surgery.
SACRAMENTO, California - Police in Sacramento are investigating a possible failed attempt to steal the Golden Spike from the California State Railroad Museum.
SACRAMENTO, California - Jordan Gregory scored 18 points, all on 3-pointers, and Montana clinched a berth in the Big Sky tournament with a 70-55 victory over Sacramento State on Thursday night.
SACRAMENTO, California - Republican gubernatorial candidate Neel Kashkari on Thursday blamed Gov. Jerry Brown for what he sees as California's decline over the past three decades, saying poverty and unemployment have climbed during the time that Brown was a member of the state's political elite.
SACRAMENTO, California - Stung by criminal charges against two colleagues, the leader of the state Senate and other Democratic lawmakers on Thursday proposed tightening rules on lawmakers and lobbyists.
SACRAMENTO, California - The Sacramento Kings have signed forward Royce White to a 10-day contract.
MILWAUKEE - So far, so good on the latest road trip for the Sacramento Kings.
SACRAMENTO, California - Two brothers should be fined for illegally transferring money between their campaigns in 2008 when both were running for separate seats in the state Assembly in 2008, an administrative law judge said in an opinion made public Wednesday.
SACRAMENTO, California - A California businessman accused of declaring bankruptcy and hiding his assets to avoid paying child support and alimony following a contentious divorce was sentenced to more than 17 years in prison.
SACRAMENTO, California - The Sacramento City Council has voted to launch a "cash for grass" program that will provide rebates to homeowners who replace their water-guzzling grass lawns with drought-tolerant landscaping.
LOS ANGELES - In one year, Anthony Davis has gone from Hornet to Pelican - and become one of the NBA's top young stars after getting selected with the first overall pick in the 2012 draft.
MERCED, California - Two recent storms that washed over bone-dry California delivered welcome rain and snow, but officials from the state's Drought Task Force said Tuesday that much more is needed to alleviate the crisis.
SACRAMENTO, California - A 66-year-old inmate has died while awaiting execution at San Quentin State Prison for a 1988 murder in Sacramento County.
PHOENIX - Wily Peralta gave up one hit in three scoreless innings in his first spring start, but Luke Montz hit a two-run homer in a three-run ninth to rally an Oakland Athletics' split-squad to a 6-4 victory Tuesday over the Milwaukee Brewers.
SACRAMENTO, California - A Sacramento County Superior Court judge says a trial in the second phase of a lawsuit against California's high-speed rail project can go ahead.
SACRAMENTO, California - A newspaper analysis found that this flu season in Sacramento County hit hardest in low-income, densely packed neighborhoods.
SPARKS, Nevada - Four Northern California men who went on shopping sprees at a Sparks sporting goods store have been arrested on suspicion of credit card fraud.
SACRAMENTO, California - Major issues facing the Legislature, including a water bond and reshaping the state's rainy day fund, can be addressed this year despite the loss of Democrats' supermajority, the state Senate leader said Monday.
SACRAMENTO, California - A California state lawmaker facing federal corruption charges alleging he took kickbacks while in office said Sunday evening he has taken an indefinite leave of absence from the Legislature while he awaits trial.
SACRAMENTO, California - A federal judge has ruled two California laws enacted through the initiative process are unconstitutional because they retrospectively increase the punishments for crimes committed before the laws came into effect.
SACRAMENTO, California - Two Sacramento County Sheriff's deputies shot and killed a man armed with an assault rifle on Sunday morning after he pointed a handgun at them.