- Complaint claims violations in governor's race Updated: Apr-24-14 9:43 pm
- Tape released of woman who pointed gun at Ford Updated: Apr-24-14 7:38 am
- State senators get ethics training after scandals Updated: Apr-23-14 9:04 pm
- Candidates tout reform in secretary of state race Updated: Apr-23-14 8:52 pm
- Timberwolves' Rick Adelman retiring after 23 years Updated: Apr-21-14 5:08 pm
- Construction may snarl Northern California traffic Updated: Apr-21-14 3:56 pm
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage Updated: Apr-19-14 5:50 pm
- Va. Beach mulls arena that could lure NBA, NHL Updated: Apr-19-14 11:50 am
- Family sues Sacramento over peanut allergy death Updated: Apr-18-14 6:08 pm
- California health care sign-ups exceed projections Updated: Apr-17-14 6:31 pm
- Sacramento Kings' 'new era' off to slow start Updated: Apr-17-14 1:41 pm
- Goodwin helps Suns to 104-99 win over Kings Updated: Apr-17-14 2:21 am
- Sacramento mayor to lead national mayoral group Updated: Apr-16-14 9:07 pm
- State Senate leader seeks review of GPS tracking Updated: Apr-16-14 8:34 pm
- Top Democratic lawmaker backs off 'carbon tax' Updated: Apr-14-14 7:49 pm
- Kings' Cousins suspended for 16th technical foul Updated: Apr-14-14 6:33 pm
- Trend persists of prisons as mental health housing Updated: Apr-14-14 5:16 pm
- Unruly man charged after jet diverts to Nebraska Updated: Apr-14-14 4:31 pm
- McCallum, Cousins rally Kings past Timberwolves Updated: Apr-14-14 12:32 am
- Truck driver in deadly California crash identified Updated: Apr-13-14 11:52 am
- Clippers beat Kings 117-101 for 56th win Updated: Apr-12-14 7:42 pm
- Wright's 3 gives Blazers 100-99 win over Kings Updated: Apr-10-14 1:38 am
- A look at the NBA playoff picture Updated: Apr-09-14 3:17 am
- Thunder beat Kings 107-92 as Durant's streak ends Updated: Apr-09-14 1:39 am
- Westbrook rests, Sefolosha returns for Thunder Updated: Apr-08-14 9:45 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A supporter of a rival Republican gubernatorial candidate filed a complaint Thursday with California's elections watchdog agency, claiming that state Assemblyman Tim Donnelly has failed to report the gift of a borrowed motor home as a campaign expense.
SACRAMENTO, California - Nearly 40 years after a former Manson family member pointed a gun at President Gerald Ford, the audiotape from her pretrial psychiatric examination has been made public.
SACRAMENTO, California - State senators participated in a two-hour ethics training session Wednesday, the fallout from a series of legal cases involving Democratic lawmakers this year that have damaged the Legislature's image.
SACRAMENTO, California - Four candidates vying to be the next secretary of state offered competing visions on Wednesday for controlling political fundraising and how they would best improve access and transparency for California elections.
MINNEAPOLIS - As his 23rd season as an NBA coach entered the home stretch, Rick Adelman looked tired.
SACRAMENTO, California - Repairs starting Tuesday at the convergence of three major freeways in Northern California could cause massive traffic delays for vehicles passing through the state capital.
SACRAMENTO, California - Sacramento County authorities are asking residents and business owners to provide video-surveillance footage to law enforcement investigators.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - The Virginia Beach metropolitan area is one of the largest in the country without a major professional sports team, and numerous attempts to lure one here have repeatedly left sports fans in the area disappointed.
SACRAMENTO, California - A Northern California couple has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the City of Sacramento in connection with the peanut allergy-related death of their 13-year-old daughter at a city operated camp.
SACRAMENTO, California - A late surge of sign-ups pushed California's health insurance exchange nearly 100,000 enrollees beyond the original projections of the Obama administration, state officials announced Thursday.
SACRAMENTO, California - This season was supposed to be the start of a "new era" for the Sacramento Kings, as owner Vivek Ranadive proclaimed over and over again when he took over last year.
SACRAMENTO, California - A season-ending victory proved meaningless for the Phoenix Suns, who will be remembered for having one of the best records in NBA history that wasn't good enough to make the playoffs.
SACRAMENTO, California - Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson was sworn in Wednesday as the new leader of the U.S. Conference of Mayors, a platform that raises the national political profile of the NBA All-Star.
SACRAMENTO, California - The leader of the state Senate is seeking an independent review of how parole officers tracked a sex offender charged with four Southern California slayings, a spokesman said Wednesday.
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Senate leader on Monday backed off an unpopular proposal for a so-called carbon tax on consumer fuels and instead wants to dedicate billions of dollars generated by California's greenhouse gas reduction law to affordable housing, mass transit and high-speed rail.
SACRAMENTO, California - The season is over for Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins.
SACRAMENTO, California - A federal judge's objection to what he called the horrific treatment of some mentally ill inmates in California prisons highlights a trend that has been building for decades in the state and across the country: As mental hospitals closed or were scaled back, prisons and county jails have become the de facto housing for many who are mentally ill.
OMAHA, Nebraska - A man removed from a California-bound Southwest Airlines aircraft after he allegedly tried to open a door during flight was charged Monday with interfering with the crew.
SACRAMENTO, California - Barring a change of heart from the league offices, Sacramento center DeMarcus Cousins has played his last game of the season.
SACRAMENTO, California - A family member has identified the driver of a FedEx truck that slammed into a charter bus carrying California high school students to a college tour, killing 10 people.
LOS ANGELES - The Clippers tuned up for the playoffs with a clinic on scoring in transition, whether it was going coast-to-coast for layups or ferocious dunks.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Dorell Wright hadn't hit a game-winner since high school, and certainly he'd never had a winner that was his only basket of the game.
A look at where things stand in the NBA playoff picture, with eight days remaining in the regular season:
SACRAMENTO, California - With Kevin Durant on the bench to start the fourth quarter, his Oklahoma City Thunder teammates put together a run that helped end one of the most impressive scoring streaks in NBA history.