- California health care sign-ups exceed projections Updated: Apr-17-14 6:31 pm
- Sacramento Kings' 'new era' off to slow start Updated: Apr-17-14 1:41 pm
- Goodwin helps Suns to 104-99 win over Kings Updated: Apr-17-14 2:21 am
- Sacramento mayor to lead national mayoral group Updated: Apr-16-14 9:07 pm
- State Senate leader seeks review of GPS tracking Updated: Apr-16-14 8:34 pm
- Top Democratic lawmaker backs off 'carbon tax' Updated: Apr-14-14 7:49 pm
- Kings' Cousins suspended for 16th technical foul Updated: Apr-14-14 6:33 pm
- Trend persists of prisons as mental health housing Updated: Apr-14-14 5:16 pm
- Unruly man charged after jet diverts to Nebraska Updated: Apr-14-14 4:31 pm
- McCallum, Cousins rally Kings past Timberwolves Updated: Apr-14-14 12:32 am
- Truck driver in deadly California crash identified Updated: Apr-13-14 11:52 am
- Clippers beat Kings 117-101 for 56th win Updated: Apr-12-14 7:42 pm
- Wright's 3 gives Blazers 100-99 win over Kings Updated: Apr-10-14 1:38 am
- A look at the NBA playoff picture Updated: Apr-09-14 3:17 am
- Thunder beat Kings 107-92 as Durant's streak ends Updated: Apr-09-14 1:39 am
- Westbrook rests, Sefolosha returns for Thunder Updated: Apr-08-14 9:45 pm
- Kevin Johnson to lead search for NBPA head Updated: Apr-07-14 7:35 pm
- Lawmakers propose reforms to regain public trust Updated: Apr-06-14 11:43 pm
- Ellis, Mavs win 3rd straight, 93-91 over Kings Updated: Apr-06-14 9:51 pm
- Suspect in Home Depot lot killing pleads guilty Updated: Apr-06-14 3:13 pm
- Warriors rout Kings 102-69, sweep season series Updated: Apr-05-14 1:59 am
- AG candidate: death penalty for corrupt lawmakers Updated: Apr-04-14 8:08 pm
- Family files suit after veteran killed by police Updated: Apr-04-14 8:02 pm
- Firefighters battle blaze in commercial buildings Updated: Apr-03-14 11:59 pm
- Assembly Democrats denounce government outsourcing Updated: Apr-03-14 9:34 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A late surge of sign-ups pushed California's health insurance exchange nearly 100,000 enrollees beyond the original projections of the Obama administration, state officials announced Thursday.
SACRAMENTO, California - This season was supposed to be the start of a "new era" for the Sacramento Kings, as owner Vivek Ranadive proclaimed over and over again when he took over last year.
SACRAMENTO, California - A season-ending victory proved meaningless for the Phoenix Suns, who will be remembered for having one of the best records in NBA history that wasn't good enough to make the playoffs.
SACRAMENTO, California - Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson was sworn in Wednesday as the new leader of the U.S. Conference of Mayors, a platform that raises the national political profile of the NBA All-Star.
SACRAMENTO, California - The leader of the state Senate is seeking an independent review of how parole officers tracked a sex offender charged with four Southern California slayings, a spokesman said Wednesday.
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Senate leader on Monday backed off an unpopular proposal for a so-called carbon tax on consumer fuels and instead wants to dedicate billions of dollars generated by California's greenhouse gas reduction law to affordable housing, mass transit and high-speed rail.
SACRAMENTO, California - The season is over for Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins.
SACRAMENTO, California - A federal judge's objection to what he called the horrific treatment of some mentally ill inmates in California prisons highlights a trend that has been building for decades in the state and across the country: As mental hospitals closed or were scaled back, prisons and county jails have become the de facto housing for many who are mentally ill.
OMAHA, Nebraska - A man removed from a California-bound Southwest Airlines aircraft after he allegedly tried to open a door during flight was charged Monday with interfering with the crew.
SACRAMENTO, California - Barring a change of heart from the league offices, Sacramento center DeMarcus Cousins has played his last game of the season.
SACRAMENTO, California - A family member has identified the driver of a FedEx truck that slammed into a charter bus carrying California high school students to a college tour, killing 10 people.
LOS ANGELES - The Clippers tuned up for the playoffs with a clinic on scoring in transition, whether it was going coast-to-coast for layups or ferocious dunks.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Dorell Wright hadn't hit a game-winner since high school, and certainly he'd never had a winner that was his only basket of the game.
A look at where things stand in the NBA playoff picture, with eight days remaining in the regular season:
SACRAMENTO, California - With Kevin Durant on the bench to start the fourth quarter, his Oklahoma City Thunder teammates put together a run that helped end one of the most impressive scoring streaks in NBA history.
NEW YORK - Sacramento Mayor and former NBA All-Star Kevin Johnson will lead a search committee to select a new executive director for the NBA Players Association.
SACRAMENTO, California - A series of scandals that has tarnished the integrity of the state Legislature has prompted a wave of proposals aimed at strengthening political ethics and reforming laws governing campaign contributions.
SACRAMENTO, California - Prosecutors say a suspect wanted in the fatal shooting of an Iraqi man in a Home Depot parking lot in Northern California has confessed to the crime.
OAKLAND, California - After reserve Marreese Speights finished a one-handed dunk over Travis Outlaw in the fourth quarter, teammates Andre Iguodala and Stephen Curry jumped off the Golden State Warriors' bench and ran onto the floor in celebration.
SACRAMENTO, California - A Republican candidate for California attorney general said Friday that state lawmakers who are found guilty of crimes that endanger the lives of others should face the death penalty.
FRESNO, California - The family of a Gulf War veteran who was fatally shot by police filed a federal civil rights lawsuit claiming the officers used excessive force.
SACRAMENTO, California - Firefighters in Northern California battled Thursday evening to put out a suspicious two-alarm fire burning in two commercial buildings.
SACRAMENTO, California - A Democratic resolution denouncing the outsourcing of government functions to private contractors passed the Assembly on Thursday after prompting a spirited partisan debate about the role of government.