- Mexico slaying suspect was in Calif. jail 4 months Updated: Dec-05-13 9:26 pm
- High-speed rail officials say plan is on schedule Updated: Dec-05-13 7:39 pm
- Calif. has new home for parks department artifacts Updated: Dec-05-13 4:14 pm
- Durant leads Thunder to 97-95 win over Kings Updated: Dec-04-13 1:57 am
- Man suspected in Sikh killing is arrested in India Updated: Dec-03-13 8:37 am
- Sacramento atheists spark debate with billboards Updated: Dec-02-13 6:48 pm
- Dan Walters: Gov. Brown's vision of California lacks... Updated: Dec-02-13 11:16 am
- Curry's free throws help Warriors edge Kings Updated: Dec-01-13 10:22 pm
- Pacers 16-1 after 105-100 win over Clippers Updated: Dec-01-13 7:49 pm
- Ongoing FBI probe could have fallout for Democrats Updated: Dec-01-13 2:32 pm
- UC Irvine knocks off Sacrament State 79-53 Updated: Dec-01-13 12:47 am
- Clippers beat Kings in overtime without Paul Updated: Nov-30-13 2:00 am
- California man arrested in wife's death Updated: Nov-29-13 3:10 pm
- Walters: Hollywood's state tax credit tarnished by scandal... Updated: Nov-29-13 2:17 pm
- AP Exclusive: Calif jail violence rises on reforms Updated: Nov-28-13 6:13 pm
- Woman suspected of abandoning newborn Updated: Nov-28-13 2:38 pm
- Northern California restaurant owner found dead Updated: Nov-27-13 5:32 pm
- 3 arrested in suspected kidnapping over texts Updated: Nov-27-13 8:32 am
- Authorities ID 2 dead bodies in Delta houseboat Updated: Nov-27-13 1:28 am
- Sacramento St. edges past UC Davis 73-67 Updated: Nov-27-13 1:08 am
- Wall stays hot, Wizards beat Lakers 116-111 Updated: Nov-26-13 11:03 pm
- Inmate beats guard in Northern Calif. state prison Updated: Nov-25-13 7:56 pm
- Judge blocks sale of Calif. high-speed rail bonds Updated: Nov-25-13 7:16 pm
- Pass the turkey, then start the money talk Updated: Nov-25-13 11:51 am
- Snap, tap, done. Mobile banking from smartphones is on the... Updated: Nov-25-13 11:48 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A man wanted in the slayings of eight Mexican municipal government officials was held in a California jail for four months on drug charges, officials said Thursday, but overcrowding forced his release before authorities made a connection to the 13-year-old killings.
SACRAMENTO, California - California high-speed rail officials sought to allay concerns about the future of the project Thursday after a series of legal and regulatory rulings that appear to jeopardize some parts of the $68 billion plan.
SACRAMENTO, California - The state parks department has a new warehouse for its collection of historical artifacts, and the building will soon be open to the public.
SACRAMENTO, California - The Oklahoma Thunder took the fourth quarter off and almost paid for it against the Sacramento Kings.
SACRAMENTO, California - A fugitive who escaped arrest after allegedly gunning down a 26-year-old man at a Sikh sports festival in Sacramento County five years ago has been arrested in India.
SACRAMENTO, California - Amid the barrage of Christmas advertising, a group of non-believers is blanketing California's capital city with billboards proclaiming their lack of faith - and that atheists can be "good moral people, too."
(, Sacramento Bee - Column)
SACRAMENTO, California - After Golden State's difficult road loss two nights ago in Oklahoma City, Stephen Curry was anxious to avoid a repeat performance Sunday against the Sacramento Kings.
LOS ANGELES - Despite having the NBA's best record, the Indiana Pacers realize there's always room for improvement.
SACRAMENTO, California - An ongoing federal investigation of a California senator is roiling the Democratic leadership in Sacramento and threatens to complicate relations in the majority party when lawmakers reconvene in January.
SACRAMENTO, California - Chris McNealy had 15 points and six rebounds to lead UC Irvine to a 79-53 victory over Sacramento State Saturday night.
SACRAMENTO, California - No Chris Paul? No problem for the surging Los Angeles Clippers, who simply turned to their bench for help.
FOOTHILL FARMS, California - A Sacramento-area man who sheriff's officials say called 911 to report finding his wife dead has been arrested on suspicion of killing her.
The term "rent-seeking" entered the economic lexicon in the mid-1970s, meaning the employment of political pull to obtain a monopoly or some other unearned economic benefit.
SACRAMENTO, California - County jails that account for the vast majority of local inmates in California have seen a marked increase in violence since they began housing thousands of offenders who previously would have gone to state prisons.
GALT, California - A 30-year-old woman is in custody on suspicion of attempted murder after police say she abandoned her newborn girl in a flower bed in Sacramento County minutes after giving birth.
SACRAMENTO, California - The co-owner of a Sammy Hagar-themed restaurant that is the centerpiece of a revitalization effort in a Sacramento suburb was found dead by recreational divers off the coast in far Northern California, authorities said Wednesday.
SACRAMENTO, California - Sacramento County Sheriff's officials say two men and a teenage boy have been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and beating up a 17-year-old boy who had exchanged text messages with one of their relatives, a 13-year-old girl.
SACRAMENTO, California - The dead bodies of two men were found Monday in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta on a houseboat possibly used to manufacture methamphetamine, authorities said.
DAVIS, California -
WASHINGTON - The Los Angeles Lakers are playing the waiting for Kobe game - trying to stay respectable without one of the NBA's all-time greats.
SACRAMENTO, California - A state prison guard suffered broken bones in his face and other injuries during what officials say was a severe beating by an inmate at a Sacramento-area prison.
SACRAMENTO, California - A judge on Monday tore up California's funding plans for what would be the nation's first bullet train, issuing separate orders that could force the state to spend months or years redrawing its plans for the $68 billion rail line and could choke off some of its funding.
As families gather this week for Thanksgiving dinner, some might have more on their plate than turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie. Family gatherings can be an ideal time to dish up something extra: the money talk.
Snap, tap and done. - That's the catchy mantra of mobile banking, increasingly touted by financial institutions as a way to oh-so-easily pay bills, check balances and deposit checks from your cellphone. And consumers are heeding the call.