- Officials ID shooting victim found outside hospital Updated: Jul-28-15 11:36 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Missoula County officials have released the name of a Washington state man who was found dead in a vehicle outside a western Montana hospital.
- Regulators to press ahead on Missoula water sale review Updated: Jul-28-15 6:40 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's Public Service Commission voted unanimously Tuesday to continue its review of a Canadian company's proposed purchase of Missoula's drinking water system while the city's attempt to acquire the system for itself plays out in court.
- Man accused in Reserve Street camp killing gets 40 years Updated: Jul-24-15 12:38 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A man convicted of killing another man and throwing his body into the Clark Fork River in Missoula has been sentenced to 40 years in prison.
- Wild, exotic animals may be banned from Missoula circus acts Updated: Jul-23-15 9:34 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Missoula council members will vote in August on a measure banning wild and exotic animals from circus acts.
- Missoula rejects company's valuation offer for water system Updated: Jul-23-15 8:43 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A judge is deciding whether to stay a case for Missoula to purchase its public drinking water system.
- Search under way for escapee from Butte Prerelease Center Updated: Jul-20-15 10:34 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A search is under way for a man who escaped from the Butte Prerelease Center.
- Griz receiver regains lost year of eligibility Updated: Jul-18-15 3:36 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Montana wide receiver Ellis Henderson has been granted another year of playing eligibility.
- Tennessee shooting victim attended University of Montana Updated: Jul-17-15 6:22 pm
HELENA, Montana - A U.S. Marine killed in a shooting attack in Tennessee briefly attended the University of Montana and met his wife while he was living in Missoula.
- Montana man sentenced in case alleging $70M in phone charges Updated: Jul-17-15 4:45 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A federal judge sentenced a Montana man Friday to two years in prison after prosecutors said he tricked people into paying as much as $70 million in unauthorized charges that were placed on phone bills nationwide.
- Montana, Northern Iowa football announce series Updated: Jul-16-15 11:12 am
MISSOULA, Montana - The football programs at Montana and Northern Iowa have announced a home-and-home series, with games in 2016 and 2018.
- Montana Editorial Roundup Updated: Jul-15-15 3:13 pm
The Billings Gazette, July 8, on Medicaid expansion:
- Missoula man, 66, dies after crashing motorcycle in Butte Updated: Jul-14-15 11:52 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A 66-year-old Missoula man who was involved in a motorcycle crash in Butte has died.
- 1 dead, 4 hurt on I-90 accident in Missoula County Updated: Jul-11-15 4:46 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The Montana Highway Patrol says one person is dead and four others injured in a single-vehicle accident on Interstate 90 in Missoula County.
- Tour of Montana cancels first 2 bike races in Missoula Updated: Jul-11-15 4:20 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Organizers of a bike racing festival in Missoula next week have canceled the first two races because of concerns over closing high-traffic city and state roads.
- Campus police meet requirements under federal settlement Updated: Jul-10-15 4:11 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The University of Montana campus police department has met federal requirements to improve its response to sexual assault reports, the Department of Justice announced Friday.
- Sheriff's office seeking to help Montana man who was scammed Updated: Jul-09-15 4:30 pm
DRUMMOND, Montana - The Missoula County sheriff's department is seeking donations on behalf of a 74-year-old man who lost his life savings on the false promise of receiving millions of dollars and a Mercedes Benz in a sweepstakes scam.
- Missoula budget committee approves $12 minimum wage Updated: Jul-09-15 5:07 am
MISSOULA, Montana - The Missoula City Council budget committee has approved a raise for city workers that would start with a raise to $12 an hour all the way up to $15 an hour by 2018.
- Searchers looking for woman missing on Clark Fork River Updated: Jul-08-15 1:30 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Police in Missoula are searching for a 31-year-old woman who went missing during a nighttime float on the Clark Fork River.
- Man who assaulted former reporter back in court Updated: Jul-07-15 11:40 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A man who assaulted a former Wall Street Journal and Missoulian reporter, costing him the sight in his left eye, was back in court after missing his sentencing hearing.
- Search for 74-year-old North Dakota man in west Montana Updated: Jul-05-15 9:25 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Search and rescue teams are looking for a 74-year-old North Dakota doctor missing in western Montana.
- Missoula elections office makes poll training videos Updated: Jul-05-15 4:58 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The Missoula County Elections Office has partnered with the Montana Secretary of State's Office to produce a series of informative election judge training videos.
- Record-breaking heat hastens Flathead cherry harvest Updated: Jul-05-15 3:35 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The record warm temperatures in northwest Montana have hastened the area's cherry harvest.
- Missouri maintains as state's rivers heat up Updated: Jul-04-15 1:47 pm
CRAIG, Montana - This fly-fishing hub was bustling with boat traffic Thursday as anglers launched boats onto a blue-ribbon stretch of the Missouri River that's Montana's No. 1 fishing destination.
- Red flag warning for northwest Montana Updated: Jul-04-15 11:41 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Red flag warnings have been posted for a large part of northwest Montana, including the Missoula and Kalispell areas.
- Low water levels prompt fishing restrictions through July 4 Updated: Jul-02-15 8:20 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Low water levels have state wildlife officials reducing fishing hours in certain western Montana waterways heading into Independence Day weekend.