- Krakauer, state return to Montana Supreme Court over records Updated: Jul-07-15 3:59 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Montana University System officials are returning to the state Supreme Court to appeal a district judge's order that it release information on any action the commissioner of higher education might have taken after a University of Montana court recommended the football team's quarterback be expelled over a rape complaint.
- Search for 74-year-old North Dakota man in west Montana Updated: Jul-05-15 9:25 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Search and rescue teams are looking for a 74-year-old North Dakota doctor missing in western Montana.
- Missoula elections office makes poll training videos Updated: Jul-05-15 4:58 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The Missoula County Elections Office has partnered with the Montana Secretary of State's Office to produce a series of informative election judge training videos.
- Record-breaking heat hastens Flathead cherry harvest Updated: Jul-05-15 3:35 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The record warm temperatures in northwest Montana have hastened the area's cherry harvest.
- Missouri maintains as state's rivers heat up Updated: Jul-04-15 1:47 pm
CRAIG, Montana - This fly-fishing hub was bustling with boat traffic Thursday as anglers launched boats onto a blue-ribbon stretch of the Missouri River that's Montana's No. 1 fishing destination.
- Red flag warning for northwest Montana Updated: Jul-04-15 11:41 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Red flag warnings have been posted for a large part of northwest Montana, including the Missoula and Kalispell areas.
- Low water levels prompt fishing restrictions through July 4 Updated: Jul-02-15 8:20 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Low water levels have state wildlife officials reducing fishing hours in certain western Montana waterways heading into Independence Day weekend.
- Manhattan new home to animal tooth lab Updated: Jul-02-15 5:06 am
MANHATTAN, Montana - There's a good chance that hundreds of bears, elk, caribou, raccoons and other animals are running around in the wild missing a tooth.
- Montana Supreme Court reverses police seizure of Hummer Updated: Jul-01-15 6:55 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court has ruled that Missoula police were wrong to seize a Hummer titled to the mother of a murderer.
- Mountain Water requests delay in its acquisition by Missoula Updated: Jul-01-15 2:29 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Mountain Water Co. has asked for a delay the city of Missoula's attempt to acquire the utility.
- Man charged with girlfriend's head stabbing Updated: Jul-01-15 11:42 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A man is being held on a $250,000 bond on charges that he stabbed his girlfriend in the head.
- Montana counties banning fireworks because of fire danger Updated: Jun-30-15 7:37 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Several Montana counties on Tuesday banned or were considering banning fireworks on public and private land ahead of the Fourth of July weekend, saying hot, dry weather has increased the danger of wildfires.
- Grizzly euthanized after killing sheep near Lincoln Updated: Jun-30-15 3:46 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - State wildlife officials euthanized a 425-pound male grizzly bear after it killed domestic sheep near Lincoln for the second time in four years.
- Missoula police looking for burglary suspect Updated: Jun-30-15 3:20 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Police in Missoula are searching for a man who reportedly entered a woman's residence early Tuesday with a knife and said he was looking for money and marijuana.
- Montana autopsies to be outsourced to other states in July Updated: Jun-28-15 2:03 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Montana autopsies will have to be done in other states in the coming weeks because the state's only two forensic medical examiners qualified to assist county coroners are leaving.
- Judge rejects environmentalists' open-meetings lawsuit Updated: Jun-28-15 1:00 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A Helena judge has rejected three environmental groups' claims that Gov. Steve Bullock violated the state's open-meeting laws by holding discussions before nominating 5.1 million acres of forest land for priority federal management.
- Helena man loses lawsuit against Forest Service for tasing Updated: Jun-28-15 12:38 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A federal judge has sided with the federal government in a lawsuit filed by a Helena man who said a U.S. Forest Service employee caused him brain damage in using a Taser on him in 2010.
- Rattlesnake bites hospitalize man in western Montana Updated: Jun-26-15 9:58 am
MISSOULA, Montana - An unidentified man is recovering from three rattlesnake bites sustained in western Montana.
- Water company owner appeals condemnation ruling Updated: Jun-24-15 11:02 am
MISSOULA, Montana - The equity firm that owns Missoula's water system has appealed a judge's order that forces it to sell the water company to the city.
- Spokane man pleads guilty to drug, racketeering charges Updated: Jun-24-15 10:37 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A Spokane man is facing 10 years in prison under his guilty pleas entered Tuesday on charges that he ran heroin, methamphetamine and women from Washington to the Missoula, Montana area.
- Former ski area near Missoula for sale for $3 million Updated: Jun-23-15 2:09 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - An iconic ski area northeast of Missoula is up for sale more than a decade after its pink chairlifts stopped running.
- Proposed AmeriCorps budget cuts threaten Montana programs Updated: Jun-23-15 5:06 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A group that works to support the public's access to AmeriCorps is worried about the effect proposed budget cuts at the national level with have on the service program's work in Montana.
- Officials identify man killed in ATV crash Updated: Jun-22-15 6:10 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Missoula County authorities have released the name of a Missoula man who was killed in weekend all-terrain vehicle crash near Evaro.
- Man dies in crash near Huson Updated: Jun-22-15 3:48 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A 65-year-old man died in a single-vehicle crash on Interstate 90 northwest of Missoula.
- UM trade center finds export opportunities in Canada Updated: Jun-21-15 4:23 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The Montana World Trade Center at the University of Montana recently completed a trade mission to Canada.