- Newton defends actions after Super Bowl: I will not conform Updated: Feb-09-16 12:24 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said Tuesday that he's "sore loser," but defended walking out of a press conference after the Super Bowl by saying he didn't feel like talking to the media after Carolina's 24-10 loss to the Denver Broncos.
- The Latest: Broncos beat Panthers to win Super Bowl Updated: Feb-07-16 10:26 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The Latest on Super Bowl Sunday from AP reporters covering the game, the telecast, the commercials and fans around the world (All times local):
- Teammates, coaches say Cam Newton's success not by accident Updated: Feb-06-16 2:55 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Cam Newton didn't just stumble into becoming the NFL's best player.
- No. 17 Miami takes care of Notre Dame, 79-70 Updated: Feb-03-16 9:54 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Anthony Lawrence Jr.'s breakout game for Miami caught Notre Dame off guard.
- Panthers' fast starts in playoffs keyed run to Super Bowl Updated: Jan-28-16 7:45 pm
- More charges added for man accused in Good Samaritan's death Updated: Jan-26-16 10:30 pm
NEWTON, North Carolina - Additional charges have been filed against the man accused in the shooting death of a Good Samaritan who tried to help the suspect after his car spun off a North Carolina road during last week's winter storm.
- Newton, Panthers rout Cardinals, 49-15 for NFC title Updated: Jan-25-16 3:14 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - For all his daring and dabbing and Superman persona, Cam Newton quickly reminds everyone that football is all about team.
- Newton, Panthers rout Cardinals, 49-15 for NFC title Updated: Jan-24-16 11:46 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Superman is bringing his cape and his pen to Super Bowl 50. He's leaving behind his camera.
- THE LATEST: Newton excited for Super matchup against Manning Updated: Jan-24-16 10:35 pm
The Latest from the NFL conference championship games Sunday. (All times EST)
- Panthers QB Newton confident, thriving in 5th season at helm Updated: Jan-21-16 4:25 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - In the waning moments of a strange 35-35 game against the New York Giants, as things seemed to be collapsing all around him and tempers were flaring after every whistle, Cam Newton stood calmly on the sideline, his hands tucked firmly inside his shoulder pads near his neck as he nodded his head confidently.
- Panthers No. 1 offense shining in Newton's 5th season Updated: Jan-18-16 5:43 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers have a reputation of being a defensive team.
- Panthers to meet Cardinals in NFC championship game Updated: Jan-17-16 9:56 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Cam Newton. Larry Fitzgerald.
- Panthers build 31-0 lead, hold on to beat Seahawks 31-24 Updated: Jan-17-16 8:42 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Four games into his playoff career, Cam Newton recognizes the key element to success. He calls it "Big Mo," and there couldn't have been a better example than Carolina's 31-24 victory over Seattle on Sunday.
- NAACP, Confederate veterans group meet to discuss flag Updated: Jan-11-16 1:10 pm
NEWTON, North Carolina - The NAACP in Catawba County met with the Sons of Confederate Veterans to discuss the Confederate flag and its use in an upcoming parade.