- Syrians fleeing war face hardship in Balkans Updated: Nov-24-13 4:41 am
- Bulgarian students demand end to govt corruption Updated: Nov-17-13 7:28 am
- Bulgaria: pro- and anti-government rallies Updated: Nov-16-13 10:26 am
- Bulgarian police, protesters clash near parliament Updated: Nov-12-13 10:20 am
- Bulgaria: Thousands urge the government to resign Updated: Nov-10-13 9:08 am
- Former Bulgarian politician accused of tax fraud Updated: Nov-07-13 11:23 am
HARMANLI, Bulgaria - Idris Hassan, his wife and their three children fled the carnage of the Syrian war, hoping to find peace and safety in western Europe. Instead, they are stuck in an overcrowded Bulgarian refugee camp - living in a freezing tent without enough food or running water.
SOFIA, Bulgaria - Ivaylo Dinev believes the time has come to change his world. To do so, he's chosen a tactic straight from the 1960s - the sit-in.
SOFIA, Bulgaria - Tens of thousands of supporters of the main political parties are gathering in Bulgaria's two biggest cities at pro- and anti-government rallies, which reflect the deep division that has paralyzed the Balkan nation for months.
SOFIA, Bulgaria - Bulgarian protesters tried to blockade the parliament on Tuesday, clashing with police as they demanded the country's left-leaning government resign and early elections be called.
SOFIA, Bulgaria - Several thousand people are protesting in Bulgaria's capital to demand that the nation's Socialist-backed government step down to make way for early elections.
SOFIA, Bulgaria - Four days after a senior politician suddenly resigned in Bulgaria, authorities have announced they are investigating him on suspicion of tax fraud and money laundering.