- Smyly hit hard in Tigers' 11-6 loss to Angels Updated: Apr-19-14 12:42 am
- Pujols hits 497th homer, Angels beat Tigers 11-6 Updated: Apr-19-14 12:05 am
- Marshmallows fall from sky in Wayne County Updated: Apr-18-14 8:13 pm
- Gilbert, Penske on Detroit bankruptcy witness list Updated: Apr-18-14 7:31 pm
- Tigers call up Miller, send Collins down Updated: Apr-18-14 7:15 pm
- Angels call up Wall, send Alvarez down Updated: Apr-18-14 6:51 pm
- Murder charges for 2 in I-94 crash that killed 4 Updated: Apr-18-14 6:19 pm
- Defense lawyer amps up beating suspect's apology Updated: Apr-18-14 5:40 pm
- Judge interviews experts in Detroit bankruptcy Updated: Apr-18-14 5:31 pm
- Walk to Lansing protests exclusion of students Updated: Apr-18-14 5:10 pm
- Man: Sorry for killing, dismembering girlfriend Updated: Apr-18-14 4:22 pm
- Detroit man dies after being run over twice by car Updated: Apr-18-14 3:31 pm
- Imprisoned rapist charged with 3 Detroit killings Updated: Apr-18-14 2:07 pm
- Pistons using search firm to help find new GM Updated: Apr-18-14 1:34 pm
- Police: Girl, 4, finds pill inside Easter egg Updated: Apr-18-14 12:08 pm
- Wayne County executive to seek re-election Updated: Apr-18-14 11:40 am
- Judge sentences man whose daughter died in raid Updated: Apr-18-14 10:56 am
- Police: No injuries after Tech Center response Updated: Apr-18-14 8:34 am
- Lawmaker who mistakenly took tax break makes it up Updated: Apr-18-14 6:46 am
- Court chaos: Iraqi man convicted in wife's murder Updated: Apr-18-14 3:37 am
- Flint plans to start using own river water Monday Updated: Apr-17-14 8:31 pm
- Judge wants Detroit mayor to back bankruptcy plan Updated: Apr-17-14 6:25 pm
- Detroit-area doctor convicted in drug, fraud probe Updated: Apr-17-14 6:19 pm
- Fourth of July music event postponed until 2015 Updated: Apr-17-14 6:07 pm
- Tigers hold on for 7-5 win over Indians Updated: Apr-17-14 5:56 pm
DETROIT - Drew Smyly's return to the rotation was an inauspicious one.
DETROIT - Albert Pujols is quietly closing in on 500 home runs.
TRENTON, Michigan - Thousands of marshmallows dropped from the sky in the Detroit area.
DETROIT - The names of high-profile businessmen Dan Gilbert and Roger Penske are among those on a witness list for a court proceeding this summer on Detroit's plan to exit bankruptcy.
DETROIT - A woman and her boyfriend whose argument authorities say led to a high-speed chase and an expressway crash that killed four people in Detroit are charged with second-degree murder.
DETROIT - The lawyer for a Detroit teen accused of triggering a mob's severe beating of a suburban man who accidentally struck a 10-year-old with his pickup truck says his client is "extremely remorseful."
DETROIT - A former New York lieutenant governor was among the candidates interviewed Friday as a possible expert in the Detroit bankruptcy case.
DETROIT - More than 150 students and adults plan to march next week from Detroit to Lansing to protest what they say is the harmful and unnecessary suspension or expulsion of school children for often-minor offenses.
PONTIAC, Michigan - A suburban Detroit restaurant worker has apologized for strangling his girlfriend and then dismembering her body.
DETROIT - Authorities say a 24-year-old Detroit man ran over another man twice in a car and left him for dead after a fight at a gas station.
DETROIT - A 32-year-old man already serving 75 years in prison for multiple rape, kidnapping and robbery convictions has been charged with killing two women and a man in Detroit.
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - The Detroit Pistons will use the executive search firm Korn Ferry to help with their pursuit of a new general manager.
ROSEVILLE, Michigan - Police say a suburban Detroit pre-school student opened a plastic Easter egg following a school party and found a pill used to treat anxiety and other problems.
DETROIT - Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano plans to kick off his re-election campaign on Monday.
DETROIT - A Detroit man whose daughter was accidentally killed by police during a raid has been sentenced to 40 to 60 years in prison for second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of a teenager.
WARREN, Michigan - Police say a hazardous materials situation at a General Motors Co. facility north of Detroit has been cleared with no injuries.
DETROIT - A Michigan lawmaker who says she and her husband mistakenly took a property tax break on a rental property they own in suburban Detroit has paid $4,550 to Wayne County and a nonprofit to make up for the error.
EL CAJON, California - What began as a hate crime investigation two years ago has led to the murder conviction of an Iraqi immigrant, whose wife was found badly beaten with a threatening note labeling her a terrorist.
FLINT, Michigan - City officials have opened an intake pipe from the Flint River and plan to begin processing its water next week.
DETROIT - Looking years ahead, the judge overseeing Detroit's bankruptcy said Thursday he wants assurances from the mayor and other elected leaders that they'll follow a final plan that likely cuts pensions, sheds debt and plows millions into better services.
DETROIT - A Detroit-area doctor who would see more than 100 patients a day at his Hamtramck clinic has been convicted of 34 crimes, from fraud to illegal drug distribution.
DETROIT - A new version of the Detroit Electronic Music Festival is being shelved this year amid plans to bring back the event in 2015.
DETROIT - Ian Kinsler's first few weeks with Detroit have been just what the Tigers were hoping for.