- AutoMoto Film & Arts Festival coming this month in Detroit Updated: May-23-15 4:04 am
DETROIT - The AutoMoto Film & Arts Festival takes place this month in Detroit.
- McHugh, Astros done in by Martinez's homer in loss to Tigers Updated: May-22-15 11:26 pm
- J.D. Martinez homer lifts Tigers to 6-2 win over Astros Updated: May-22-15 11:17 pm
DETROIT - Alfredo Simon doesn't overpower opposing hitters, as much as he confuses them.
- Photo compilation marks milestone for Pure Michigan campaign Updated: May-22-15 7:53 pm
DETROIT - More than 1,000 photos are displayed along the Detroit riverfront as part of the state's Pure Michigan tourism campaign.
- Doctor accused of fraud in spinal surgeries pleads guilty Updated: May-22-15 7:29 pm
DETROIT - A doctor pleaded guilty Friday to committing conspiracy in California and fraud in Michigan, admitting that he hurt patients and cheated insurers with spinal surgeries that were unnecessary or not performed as promised.
- Unpublished Orson Welles draft memoir obtained by university Updated: May-22-15 6:59 pm
DETROIT - A "very raw draft" of an unpublished Orson Welles memoir has joined the University of Michigan's archives on the trailblazing filmmaker, the school says.
- Man competent for trial in hammer deaths of dad, 87, mom, 85 Updated: May-22-15 5:59 pm
PONTIAC, Michigan - A suburban Detroit man with a history of mental illness who is accused of beating his 87-year-old father and 85-year-old mother to death with a hammer has been found competent to stand trial.
- Babcock bids emotional farewell in Detroit Updated: May-22-15 2:59 pm
- Street artist Shepard Fairey finishes large Detroit mural Updated: May-22-15 1:32 pm
DETROIT - Street artist Shepard Fairey has finished work on a large mural in downtown Detroit.
- Michigan state senator awaits key hearing in assault case Updated: May-22-15 12:24 pm
DETROIT - A Michigan state senator accused of shooting at his ex-wife's car during a dispute at his Detroit home is due back in court next month for a key hearing.
- Plans call for restoring well-known bridge at Packard plant Updated: May-22-15 11:28 am
DETROIT - Plans call for restoring a well-known bridge that's part of the former Packard auto factory complex to the way it looked in the 1930s.
- Boy to remain in custody in school shooting threat case Updated: May-22-15 11:14 am
PONTIAC, Michigan - A teenager who was arrested after authorities say he threatened a shooting at his suburban Detroit high school will remain in juvenile detention for now.
- SUV crashes into tanning salon, injuring woman walking by Updated: May-22-15 8:41 am
MADISON HEIGHTS, Michigan - A woman has a broken ankle and other injuries after being struck by a sport utility vehicle as it crashed into a suburban Detroit tanning salon.
- Nonprofit secures artifacts from former Graystone Ballroom Updated: May-22-15 5:55 am
DETROIT - A nonprofit organization working to preserve and share Detroit's musical history says it has acquired artifacts from the former Graystone International Jazz Museum.
- Grand Rapids fastest grower in Top 10 Michigan communities Updated: May-21-15 7:10 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The U.S. Census Bureau says Grand Rapids added about 1,300 people in the latest population estimate, making Michigan's second-largest city the fastest growing among the state's 10 largest communities.
- Whites moving to Detroit, city that epitomized white flight Updated: May-21-15 5:56 pm
DETROIT - Whites are moving back to the American city that came to epitomize white flight, even as blacks continue to leave for the suburbs and the city's overall population shrinks.
- Mike Babcock faces 'massive challenge' as Maple Leafs' coach Updated: May-21-15 5:02 pm
TORONTO - Brendan Shanahan's first conversation with Mike Babcock about the Toronto Maple Leafs' coaching position was more of a disclaimer than a sales pitch. The club president wanted Babcock to know how far away the Leafs are from being a winning team.
- Water ferry returns for 2015 Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix Updated: May-21-15 2:26 pm
DETROIT - A water ferry service will return this year to take spectators from the mainland to the Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix auto race course.
- Detroit's police chief gets 2-year contract extension Updated: May-21-15 12:43 pm
DETROIT - Detroit's police chief is getting a 2-year contract extension.
- Wayne County commission approves consolidations to cut costs Updated: May-21-15 12:31 pm
DETROIT - The Wayne County Commission has approved a plan to consolidate several departments to cut costs.
- ACLU sues Michigan over transgender driver's licenses Updated: May-21-15 11:51 am
DETROIT - The state of Michigan is being sued over its refusal to change gender identities on driver's licenses without a new birth certificate.
- Belle Isle Conservancy: No hotel planned for island park Updated: May-21-15 6:46 am
DETROIT - Leaders of a nonprofit dedicated to preserving and improving Belle Isle say a hotel isn't expected as part of efforts to develop a strategic plan for the island park.
- Man enters plea in slaying of woman found in plastic drum Updated: May-21-15 6:23 am
MOUNT CLEMENS, Michigan - A Detroit-area man faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison without parole in the slaying of his girlfriend whose decomposed body was found concealed in a plastic drum.
- Brewers can't finish sweep, lose to Tigers 5-2 Updated: May-20-15 11:53 pm
- Castellanos' 3-run triple lifts Tigers over Brewers 5-2 Updated: May-20-15 11:21 pm
DETROIT - Nick Castellanos arrived at third base, clapped his hands joyously and bent over to slap the dirt.