- Caldwell says he's done talking about controversial play Updated: Oct-06-15 6:51 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Jim Caldwell wants to turn his focus to Detroit's next game - and he's insisting his players do the same.
- Man who kept neighbor's body in closet convicted of murder Updated: Oct-06-15 6:31 pm
PONTIAC, Michigan - A suburban Detroit man accused of killing a neighbor and storing the body for weeks in a closet has been convicted of first-degree murder.
- Former US Rep. John Dingell hospitalized for heart procedure Updated: Oct-06-15 5:11 pm
DETROIT - Former U.S. Rep. John Dingell, the longest-serving member of Congress in U.S. history, has been hospitalized in Detroit for a heart procedure.
- Ex-manager of Catholic church pleads guilty to misdemeanor Updated: Oct-06-15 2:05 pm
TROY, Michigan - The former manager of a Catholic parish in suburban Detroit says she kept her divorced husband on the church's health insurance at a cost of $26,000.
- Clock is ticking on $328,000 lottery jackpot from 2014 Updated: Oct-06-15 1:03 pm
LINCOLN PARK, Michigan - Check your drawers and pockets: A $328,000 Michigan lottery prize expires next Monday.
- Judge orders $150K to heirs of lawyer in pension scandal Updated: Oct-06-15 11:01 am
DETROIT - A judge has ordered the federal government to refund $150,000 to heirs of a Detroit pension fund lawyer who died before being sent to prison for his role in a bribery and kickback scandal.
- New leadership team planned for Detroit's water system Updated: Oct-06-15 5:43 am
DETROIT - A new leadership team is planned for the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department as part of an effort to improve service and rebuild its aging infrastructure.
- Labor, civil rights activist Grace Lee Boggs dies at age 100 Updated: Oct-05-15 11:00 pm
DETROIT - Grace Lee Boggs, a longtime activist who was part of the labor, civil rights, black power, women's rights and environmental justice movements, died Monday at her Detroit home. She was 100.
- Red Wings hoping for seamless transition under Jeff Blashill Updated: Oct-05-15 9:25 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings have been a model of consistency, becoming the only NHL franchise to make the playoffs every year of the salary-cap era and 24 straight overall.
- Last-place Detroit Tigers face uncertain future Updated: Oct-05-15 8:37 pm
- Lawyer says US Rep. John Conyers doesn't want divorce Updated: Oct-05-15 8:33 pm
DETROIT - A lawyer for U.S. Rep. John Conyers says the Detroit Democrat doesn't want a divorce and hopes his 25-year marriage stays intact.
- Worms being put to work amid effort to improve vacant lots Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 pm
DETROIT - Worms are being put to work in Detroit to help improve a vacant lot on the city's east side as part of a broader effort to improve empty and blighted properties.
- Judge dismisses charge in Detroit-area student's pool death Updated: Oct-05-15 2:43 pm
EASTPOINTE, Michigan - An involuntary manslaughter charge has been dismissed against a teacher who was blamed for the death of a teenager at a high school pool in suburban Detroit.
- Benzinga moving headquarters to Detroit from suburbs Updated: Oct-05-15 12:45 pm
DETROIT - Financial news and data business Benzinga is moving its headquarters to Detroit from the suburbs.
- Al Abrams, Motown Records' 1st press officer, dies at 74 Updated: Oct-05-15 8:06 am
DETROIT - Al Abrams, the founding press officer and publicist for Motown Records, died Saturday following a battle with cancer, his wife said. He was 74.
- Mother not guilty by reason of insanity in son's strangling Updated: Oct-03-15 2:55 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit woman accused of strangling her 2-year-old son has been found not guilty by reason of insanity.
- Michigan: progress made to reduce phosphorus in Lake Erie Updated: Oct-03-15 10:56 am
MONROE, Michigan - Efforts in Michigan to cut down on the pollutants feeding algae in Lake Erie have been showing signs of success, state officials say.
- Detroit mayor to help recruit Angels' Night volunteers Updated: Oct-03-15 4:00 am
DETROIT - The city of Detroit is seeking volunteers to help protect neighborhoods from arsonists by being vigilant over the Halloween period.
- Red Wings reach deal with 1st-round pick Svechnikov Updated: Oct-02-15 8:56 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings have agreed to terms with first-round draft pick Evgeny Svechnikov on a three-year entry-level contract.
- Ex-City Council president seeks divorce from US Rep. Conyers Updated: Oct-02-15 5:33 pm
DETROIT - Disgraced former Detroit City Council president Monica Conyers has filed for divorce from her husband of 25 years, Democratic U.S. Rep. John Conyers.
- Red Wings' DeKeyser out 3-4 weeks with injured left foot Updated: Oct-02-15 4:16 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings will start the season without a key defenseman.
- Judge rejects plea deal for rogue doc in bad surgery case Updated: Oct-02-15 12:27 pm
DETROIT - A judge has rejected a plea deal instead of sentencing a Detroit-area doctor who admits he hurt patients and cheated insurers through fraudulent spinal surgeries.
- Court overturns gag order in Wayne County jail scandal Updated: Oct-02-15 9:42 am
DETROIT - The Michigan appeals court has struck down an order that bars lawyers and others from talking about a criminal case related to a disastrous Wayne County jail project.
- Woman charged with parents in alleged extortion plot dies Updated: Oct-02-15 6:15 am
ROMULUS, Michigan - A Detroit-area woman has died, months after she was charged with her parents in an alleged scheme to extort more than $2 million from a Detroit-area businessman whom she met in a strip club.
- Bulldozer, boat, cars among items in Wayne County auction Updated: Oct-02-15 4:01 am
BROWNSTOWN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Wayne County is selling off tractors, trucks, a wood chipper and more as part of its annual auction of surplus equipment.