- Funeral service held for Detroit man shot by federal agent Updated: May-06-15 7:10 pm
DETROIT - Funeral services were held Wednesday for a Detroit man shot to death by a member of a regional fugitive task force that was seeking him.
- New home development announced for Detroit's Brush Park Updated: May-06-15 5:58 pm
DETROIT - About 300 new residential units are planned as part of a $70 million development in a neighborhood just north of downtown Detroit.
- Hearing held for former Inkster officer in motorist beating Updated: May-06-15 4:37 pm
INKSTER, Michigan - A judge has scheduled a probable cause hearing for a police officer charged in the beating of a black motorist following a traffic stop in the Detroit suburb of Inkster.
- Detroit boy in basement: Stepmother put me there for 11 days Updated: May-06-15 3:28 pm
DETROIT - A boy reported missing for 11 days before he was found in his Detroit basement testified Wednesday that his stepmother ordered him down there and told him to "shut up and be quiet" while investigators scoured the neighborhood searching for him last June.
- Ex-Little League treasurer gets probation for embezzling Updated: May-06-15 1:27 pm
MOUNT CLEMENS, Michigan - A judge has sentenced an ex-Detroit-area Little League treasurer to five years' probation and making $165,000 in restitution for stealing from the youth baseball group.
- Roger Penske explores opening auto racing museum in Detroit Updated: May-06-15 6:54 am
DETROIT - Auto racing team owner and businessman Roger Penske says he's exploring opening an auto racing museum in downtown Detroit.
- Jury hears opening remarks in Michigan road rage killing Updated: May-05-15 9:52 pm
HOWELL, Michigan - A 69-year-old man charged with murder in the fatal shooting of another motorist in southeastern Michigan fired in self-defense after being punched in the jaw, a defense lawyer told jurors Tuesday.
- 2 Michigan officers suspended after man's videotaped beating Updated: May-05-15 7:37 pm
INKSTER, Michigan - Two police officers have been suspended without pay after the videotaped beating of a black man during a January traffic stop in suburban Detroit, it was announced Tuesday.
- Agency gets $2.2 million for unaccompanied child immigrants Updated: May-05-15 3:58 pm
DETROIT - The federal government is awarding $2.2 million to Lutheran Social Services of Michigan for programs to help immigrant children who are in the U.S. without their parents.
- Chrysler worker dies in accident at Detroit plant Updated: May-05-15 2:16 pm
DETROIT - A 53-year-old man has died while performing maintenance at a wastewater treatment plant at a Chrysler factory in Detroit.
- Man ordered to trial in Detroit wife's death; 2 kids missing Updated: May-05-15 2:11 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit man charged with killing his estranged wife has been ordered to trial after a judge heard testimony from a key witness in the case.
- Militia members lose appeal in lawsuit tied to FBI probe Updated: May-05-15 12:34 pm
DETROIT - Three members of a southern Michigan militia acquitted during a high-profile trial have failed to persuade an appeals court to reinstate a lawsuit against federal investigators.
- Firm donates $100K to tackle backlog of untested rape kits Updated: May-05-15 11:37 am
DETROIT - A Virginia-based social media firm has donated $100,000 to assist in the investigation of hundreds of Detroit-area rapes as the prosecutor's office works to address a backlog of untested rape kits.
- Boy, 4, shot once in head in suburban Detroit park Updated: May-05-15 5:40 am
CLINTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a 4-year-old boy is in the hospital after being shot once in the head in a suburban Detroit park.
- College settles lawsuit with sex offender for $36,000 Updated: May-05-15 4:04 am
DEARBORN, Michigan - A convicted sex offender who sued a suburban Detroit college over his dismissal settled the case for $36,000.
- Lawyer: Agent acted 'by the book' in fatal Detroit shooting Updated: May-04-15 5:41 pm
DETROIT - A lawyer says a federal agent who fatally shot a young Detroit man acted appropriately and "by the book."
- Denver, Colorado College to play outdoor game at Coors Field Updated: May-04-15 5:02 pm
DENVER - The University of Denver and Colorado College will play an outdoor hockey game at Coors Field in February.
- Walker promotes tax cuts before Michigan vote Updated: May-04-15 4:46 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Republican presidential contender Scott Walker on Monday touted tax cuts to boost the U.S. economy, a day before Michigan voters decide the fate of tax hikes to improve deteriorating road and bridge infrastructure.
- Woman, estranged husband dead after possible murder-suicide Updated: May-04-15 1:07 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Police in Dearborn are investigating the fatal shooting of a woman by her estranged husband who then shot and killed himself.
- Famed neurosurgeon Ben Carson announces White House campaign Updated: May-04-15 11:14 am
DETROIT - Retired surgeon Ben Carson has made it official, telling a crowd in his hometown of Detroit that he's running for president.
- 2 Michigan men admit role in Mississippi drug conspiracy Updated: May-04-15 9:43 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Two Michigan men have pleaded guilty to their roles in a conspiracy to distribute more than 5 kilos of cocaine and 1 kilo of heroin in South Mississippi.
- Vice President Biden touts community policing at NAACP event Updated: May-03-15 11:37 pm
DETROIT - Vice President Joe Biden has told a crowd at an NAACP event in Detroit that law enforcement officers and the people they are sworn to protect need to "see each other" to know one another.
- Detroit NAACP leader says blacks need help from Washington Updated: May-03-15 5:10 pm
DETROIT - The head of the Detroit branch of the NAACP is demanding that elected leaders in Washington fix the problem of jobs, education and training in black communities.
- Lions move toward filling Suh void with Wright in 4th round Updated: May-02-15 8:39 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Gabe Wright wore No. 90 in college, and he'd be happy to keep it when he joins the Detroit Lions.
- Family of girl killed in Detroit takes part in 'Unity Walk' Updated: May-02-15 5:17 pm
DETROIT - The family of a 16-year-old suburban girl fatally shot in Detroit helped organize and participate in a "Community Unity Walk" on Saturday that drew several hundred people.