- The Latest: Panel considers $500M plan for Detroit schools Updated: May-03-16 10:27 am
DETROIT - The Latest on the sick-out by teachers that's closed dozens of Detroit schools on Tuesday (all times local):
- Writer-in-residence program awards third Detroit home Updated: May-03-16 10:07 am
DETROIT - A writer is expected to receive a house on Detroit's eastside through a program that awards homes to new writers-in-residence.
- Teacher sick-outs close most Detroit schools for a 2nd day Updated: May-03-16 8:56 am
DETROIT - Nearly all of Detroit's public schools were closed for a second consecutive day Tuesday as hundreds of teachers called out sick over concerns that many may not get paid if the financially struggling district runs out of money.
- Stretch of I-275 shut down amid $80 million overhaul Updated: May-02-16 8:35 pm
FARMINGTON HILLS, Michigan - Part of Interstate 275 in the Detroit area is shut down until July amid an $80 million overhaul.
- No prison for Detroit-area woman who stole about $280K Updated: May-02-16 7:58 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit-area woman who stole nearly $280,000 from the federal government won't spend a day in prison.
- After strides at Michigan, Rudock gets NFL shot with Lions Updated: May-02-16 6:27 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - After his first game at Michigan last season, it was hard to tell if Jake Rudock would even make it through the year as the starting quarterback, much less play his way into an NFL opportunity.
- Lions pick up 5th-year option for 2017 on Ziggy Ansah Updated: May-02-16 1:27 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions have exercised the fifth-year option for 2017 on defensive end Ziggy Ansah.
- Police: Man found dead in ditch was hit-and-run victim Updated: May-02-16 1:01 pm
ARMADA TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a 21-year-old man found dead in a ditch north of Detroit was a hit-and-run victim.
- Fab Ford: Beatles exhibit to open at Henry Ford Museum Updated: May-02-16 9:59 am
DEARBORN, Michigan - A Detroit-area history attraction is marking a British invasion led by four marauding mop-tops.
- Detroit auditor: Feds subpoenaed documents in blight program Updated: May-01-16 11:40 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit auditor general says federal investigators subpoenaed his office requesting records related to the use of federal funds for the city's blight-removal program.
- Tuskegee Airman, 94, awarded Bronze Star at NAACP dinner Updated: May-01-16 7:30 pm
DETROIT - A 94-year-old Detroit native has been awarded the Bronze Star Medal for heroic service and meritorious achievement during World War II.
- Gathering seeks ways to improve health of Detroit residents Updated: May-01-16 5:09 pm
DETROIT - Health problems that disproportionally affect Detroit residents are the focus of a gathering at Wayne State University.
- Detroit to begin shutting off water Monday to those who owe Updated: May-01-16 3:36 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit water official says crews will begin shutting off service on Monday to people behind on bill payments.
- Lions add Michigan QB Rudock in 6th round as draft wraps up Updated: Apr-30-16 8:19 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions had already drafted three players who could provide protection for quarterback Matthew Stafford.
- Trouble-causing teenagers impacting festivals, other events Updated: Apr-30-16 11:52 am
ST. CLAIR SHORES, Michigan - Rowdy teens are impacting warm weather events in at least two suburban Detroit communities.
- Fab Ford: Beatles exhibit to open at Henry Ford Museum Updated: Apr-29-16 9:09 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - A Detroit-area history attraction is preparing to mark a British invasion led by four marauding mop-tops.
- Detroit lighting agency pays $540K in severances to 5 execs Updated: Apr-29-16 9:08 pm
DETROIT - The city of Detroit's public lighting agency has paid $540,000 to five officials who have left their jobs since 2015.
- Handyman charged in death of Detroit-area interior designer Updated: Apr-29-16 6:50 pm
GROSSE POINTE FARMS, Michigan - A handyman accused of stabbing a Detroit-area interior designer has been charged with murder after the victim died weeks after the attack.
- $21 million project links 20 miles of Detroit pathways Updated: Apr-29-16 5:52 pm
DETROIT - A $21 million project linking 20 miles of walking, running and biking paths in Detroit has wrapped up as part of an effort to boost recreation activities, better connect redeveloping neighborhoods and spur growth.
- Authorities: Girl, 6, dies after being pulled from pool Updated: Apr-29-16 9:10 am
BEVERLY HILLS, Michigan - Authorities say a 6-year-old girl who was found unresponsive last week in a pool at a club in suburban Detroit has died.
- Detroit schools again get inspector general to combat fraud Updated: Apr-29-16 6:51 am
DETROIT - Detroit's financially troubled school district has brought back an inspector general to combat fraud and misconduct after a federal investigation into bribery and kickbacks ensnared a dozen principals and an administrator.
- Winery near Traverse City paying for trees in state parks Updated: Apr-28-16 9:12 pm
OLD MISSION PENINSULA, Michigan - A winery near Traverse City is donating $10,000 to plant nearly 200 trees in Michigan state parks.
- Anthony Gose doubles, homers to lead Tigers over A's 7-3 Updated: Apr-28-16 8:03 pm
DETROIT - Detroit Tigers right-hander Anibal Sanchez thinks he is getting closer to finding the mechanics that deserted him last year.
- Michigan law limiting talk about elections won't be enforced Updated: Apr-28-16 7:57 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The state of Michigan won't enforce a law that blocks local government officials from talking about a ballot question before an election, under a deal approved Thursday by a federal judge.
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Updated: Apr-28-16 6:10 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - The Detroit Pistons have finally moved beyond the rebuilding stage.