- Downtown Detroit display offers chance to share life goals Updated: Jul-29-15 6:38 am
DETROIT - An interactive art display in downtown Detroit is offering people a chance to share their life goals.
- Lane closures set as pulled-down pedestrian bridge rebuilt Updated: Jul-29-15 5:32 am
DETROIT - Lane closures are planned on a Detroit freeway as the state rebuilds a pedestrian bridge that was pulled down last year by a trash truck.
- Harmonie Park to become Michigan Chronicle's new home Updated: Jul-29-15 4:10 am
DETROIT - Officials are expected to announce the relocation of a Detroit media company to a renovated building downtown.
- Couple says city wrongly filled in pool at Detroit home Updated: Jul-29-15 2:46 am
DETROIT - A couple who bought a Detroit home to move from Hawaii says a city contractor filled in the house's pool without their knowledge or permission.
- Michigan OKs $1.3 million incentive to Chinese auto supplier Updated: Jul-28-15 7:34 pm
DETROIT - Michigan has improved incentives for a Chinese auto industry supplier's planned $26.9 million Detroit facility that officials say will create 160 jobs.
- Lions sign free agent CB R.J. Stanford Updated: Jul-28-15 6:18 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Free agent cornerback R.J. Stanford has signed with the Detroit Lions.
- City Council OKs land swap with Ambassador Bridge owners Updated: Jul-28-15 6:10 pm
DETROIT - The owners of the Ambassador Bridge have acquired some city land that could be used to build a twin span from Detroit to Windsor, Ontario.
- Farmer helps suburban Detroit airport cut costs - and grass Updated: Jul-28-15 11:28 am
WATERFORD TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Officials say a farmer is helping a suburban Detroit airport cut costs - and grass.
- Nonprofit gets OK for no-kill animal shelter in Detroit Updated: Jul-28-15 11:07 am
DETROIT - A nonprofit group has secured licensing to operate a no-kill animal shelter in Detroit that it says could help the city deal with large numbers of stray and abandoned dogs.
- Fed up with crummy streets, residents patch city's potholes Updated: Jul-28-15 9:49 am
HAMTRAMCK, Michigan - Some Detroit-area residents fed up with the crummy condition of certain streets are taking matters into their own hands.
- Detroit launching mobile app as part of parking improvements Updated: Jul-28-15 8:59 am
DETROIT - Detroit is launching a mobile app as part of an effort to improve its parking system.
- Ally Financial tops 2Q profit forecasts Updated: Jul-28-15 8:56 am
DETROIT - Ally Financial Inc. (ALLY) on Tuesday reported second-quarter profit of $182 million.
- Trial opens for man in hammer deaths of dad, 87, mom, 85 Updated: Jul-27-15 7:04 pm
PONTIAC, Michigan - A trial has begun for a 53-year-old suburban Detroit man with a history of mental illness and substance abuse who's accused of beating his 87-year-old father and 85-year-old mother to death with a hammer.
- Parental rights ended for mom convicted of killing 2 kids Updated: Jul-27-15 6:18 pm
DETROIT - A judge has terminated the parental rights of a Detroit mother who was convicted of killing two of her four children and placed their bodies in a deep freezer in the family's home.
- Suit accusing Detroit-area chief of sex assault dismissed Updated: Jul-27-15 5:41 pm
PLEASANT RIDGE, Michigan - A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit by a woman who says a suburban Detroit police chief sexually assaulted her when she was a teenager decades ago.
- Detroit police arrest 2 in gang rape of woman, robbery Updated: Jul-27-15 4:35 pm
DETROIT - Two teens are being held in one of two gang rapes that occurred within hours of one another on Detroit's west side.
- Michigan math champ charts her path to career gold Updated: Jul-27-15 11:26 am
DETROIT - Jackie Bredenberg knows her way around an isosceles triangle, a parallelogram and anything else in the mathematics stratosphere.
- Police: 1 dead, 5 hurt in separate shootings in Detroit Updated: Jul-27-15 8:32 am
DETROIT - Detroit police say shootings at two separate outdoor gatherings left one person dead and five others wounded.
- AAA Michigan: Gas prices fall 10 cents in past week to $2.62 Updated: Jul-27-15 2:10 am
DEARBORN, Michigan - AAA Michigan says gas prices statewide have gone down by about 10 cents in the past week, making it the third straight weekly decline by at least that amount.
- Mass held to protest Satan statue that crowds lined up for Updated: Jul-26-15 6:08 pm
DETROIT - Several hundred people attended a Mass at a Detroit Catholic church to protest an 8½-foot-tall bronze statue of Satan that crowds of people also lined up to see.
- 26-mile Detroit bike project hangs on former rail line sale Updated: Jul-26-15 4:54 pm
DETROIT - Plans to create a 26-mile bicycle loop in Detroit are snagged on the lack of agreement for sale of 8 miles of unused railroad right of way.
- Civil rights panel backs effort to challenge anti-Arab bias Updated: Jul-26-15 3:17 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The Michigan Civil Rights Commission is backing a national campaign to challenge discrimination against U.S. Arabs and Muslims.
- Body found in Detroit River, 3 days after man's disappears Updated: Jul-26-15 2:30 pm
DETROIT - The U.S. Coast Guard says boaters have found a man's body in the Detroit River.
- Gay marriage fight could cost taxpayers nearly $2 million Updated: Jul-25-15 8:00 pm
DETROIT - Lawyers who won a historic legal battle to strike down Michigan's ban on gay marriage are seeking nearly $2 million from the state.
- Lost cat found in Honolulu traced to Detroit family Updated: Jul-25-15 6:08 pm
HONOLULU - When a family moved from Hawaii to Detroit, Michigan, more than a year ago, they thought they had lost their cat forever.