- Man indicted in police shooting near Times Square Updated: Dec-04-13 6:52 pm
- NYers glad trains are back but mindful of deaths Updated: Dec-04-13 6:27 pm
- NY to free ex-Tyco executive Kozlowski on parole Updated: Dec-04-13 3:08 am
- Plant for processing radioactive sludge to cost $100M Updated: Dec-03-13 2:21 pm
- MTA: Yonkers-NYC subway bus service continues Updated: Dec-03-13 8:37 am
- Manhattan prosecutor says budget cuts will hurt Updated: Dec-03-13 6:55 am
- Man robbed, choked in NYC elevator Updated: Dec-03-13 5:31 am
- 4 dead in train crash reflected NY's diversity Updated: Dec-02-13 8:29 pm
- Madoff's right-hand man takes stand in NYC trial Updated: Dec-02-13 4:58 pm
- De Blasio pushes NY lawmakers for pre-k plan Updated: Dec-02-13 3:46 pm
- The Coens abide: Joel & Ethan on refusing maturity Updated: Dec-02-13 3:35 pm
- Fracking outgreens "green" energy Updated: Dec-02-13 11:17 am
- Manhattan wins close victory over Hofstra 66-59 Updated: Nov-30-13 6:38 pm
- Murdock: Fracking outgreens 'green' energy Updated: Nov-29-13 9:48 am
- Suspect sought in Manhattan homicide Updated: Nov-29-13 5:31 am
- Holiday shopping season begins on Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-29-13 2:04 am
- Balloons steal show at NYC parade after wind fears Updated: Nov-28-13 5:07 pm
- Cuomo and his NY staffers help out on Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-28-13 3:26 pm
- NYPD: 3 pedestrians and a bicyclist fatally struck Updated: Nov-27-13 11:26 pm
- NYPD optimistic Macy's parade balloons will fly Updated: Nov-27-13 4:54 pm
- What can we be thankful for this holiday season? Updated: Nov-27-13 1:50 pm
- Suspect sought in Manhattan ATM vestibule assault Updated: Nov-27-13 5:31 am
- Severe leads Fordham over Manhattan 79-75 Updated: Nov-26-13 10:21 pm
- Rain and snow threaten to snarl holiday travel Updated: Nov-26-13 6:49 pm
- Man gets life in prison in shootings in BMW in NYC Updated: Nov-26-13 5:22 pm
NEW YORK - A 35-year-old man was speaking to dead relatives he heard in his head and had tried to throw himself in front of cars to kill himself a block from Times Square in a night-time disturbance in which two bystanders were wounded and people went running for cover from police fire, according to court documents Wednesday.
NEW YORK - Commuters at a reopened Bronx railroad station were delighted Wednesday to have their trains back, but mindful they were just a few yards and a few days removed from the scene of a deadly high-speed derailment.
ALBANY, New York - A New York state parole board agreed Tuesday to release former Tyco chief executive Dennis Kozlowski on parole after more than eight years in prison for his conviction in a $134 million corporate fraud case.
12-03-13 - OAK RIDGE, Tenn. - A special facility to process highly radioactive sludges - including some waste that dates back to Oak Ridge's work on the World War II Manhattan Project - will cost at least $100 million to design and construct, according to the Department of Energy.
NEW YORK - Metro-North Railroad is providing bus service between Yonkers and the subway terminal at 242nd Street as repair work continues at the site of the Hudson Line derailment.
NEW YORK - The Manhattan U.S. attorney says continuing budget cuts and hiring freezes in the justice system may force his office to make difficult decisions about which cases to pursue.
NEW YORK - New York City police are looking for three suspects who choked and robbed a man inside an elevator in Manhattan's Lower East Side.
NEW YORK - The four New Yorkers who died in the commuter train that derailed over the weekend led lives that reflected the dynamic diversity of the city they had just entered - but will never see again.
NEW YORK - The modest office at 110 Wall Street didn't look special, but it was the breeding ground of Bernard Madoff's $17 billion Ponzi scheme, says longtime employee Frank DiPascali.
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor-elect Bill de Blasio took another step Monday to push lawmakers to pass his universal pre-kindergarten plan and said that a full-on campaign on the issue was imminent.
NEW YORK - "If you're trying to assign the trait of maturity to us, frankly, it won't wash."
WILLIAMSPORT, Pennsylvania - A constant, mild hiss.
HEMPSTEAD, New York - Michael Alvarado scored 23 points during a tightly contested matchup to lead Manhattan in a 66-59 victory over local rival Hofstra on Saturday.
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - A constant, mild hiss.
NEW YORK - A suspect is being sought after a man was found dead in an Upper Manhattan courtyard.
NEW YORK - Shoppers gobbled turkey, but saved the pumpkin pie for later on Thanksgiving Day.
NEW YORK - Revelers at this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade gave thanks for the giant balloons that flew above the city streets Thursday after a blustery storm accompanied by high winds nearly grounded them for only the second time in the parade's 87-year history.
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo has joined volunteers who served thousands of Thanksgiving meals in Albany, while high-ranking members of his administration volunteered at holiday community events from Manhattan to Buffalo.
NEW YORK - Separate auto accidents have killed two women pedestrians in Staten Island, an elderly woman crossing a street in Manhattan and a male bicyclist in Queens.
NEW YORK - The weather is looking up for Snoopy, Spidey and the rest of the giant balloons that take to the skies for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
What can we be thankful for this holiday season?
NEW YORK - The NYPD is looking for a suspect who repeatedly punched a woman inside an ATM vestibule.
RIVERDALE, New York - Jon Severe scored a career-high 30 points and two others scored in double figures to lead Fordham to a 79-75 victory over Manhattan Tuesday night.
NEW YORK - Thanksgiving travelers scrambled to book earlier flights Tuesday to avoid a sprawling storm bearing down on the East Coast with a messy mix of snow, rain and wind that threatened to snarl one of the busiest travel days of the year and ground giant balloon versions of Snoopy and SpongeBob SquarePants in the Macy's parade.
NEW YORK - A man has been sentenced to life in prison in the deadly shootings of three men in a luxury car near an Upper Manhattan campus.