- University of Nebraska Foundation tops $200M in fundraising Updated: Oct-07-15 1:49 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The University of Nebraska Foundation says it has raised more than $200 million in gifts and pledges for the third straight year.
- Small plane crash in western Nebraska kills 1 Updated: Oct-07-15 1:16 pm
CHADRON, Nebraska - One person has died in a small plane crash in western Nebraska.
- Ideas crop up for soon-to-be-vacant Creighton Medical Center Updated: Oct-07-15 1:15 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Ideas about what to do with soon-to-be-vacant Creighton University Medical Center in Omaha are emerging as a real estate marketer is looking to sell the property.
- Man charged in hit-run death pleads guilty to homicide Updated: Oct-07-15 1:06 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha man charged in a fatal hit-and-run crash earlier this year has pleaded guilty to felony motor vehicle homicide.
- Sister files police harassment complaint against brother Updated: Oct-07-15 12:14 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A sibling spat between an Omaha woman and her brother has now become a police matter.
- Public hearing to be held on Hall County adult businesses Updated: Oct-07-15 9:19 am
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Public business discussed by Hall County officials on Wednesday could get racy.
- 2 people injured - 1 critically - in Omaha house fire Updated: Oct-07-15 8:54 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Firefighter say two people have been injured, one critically, in an apartment house fire in south Omaha.
- 13 animals killed in northeast Omaha housefire Updated: Oct-07-15 7:38 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A house fire in northeast Omaha's Ponca Hills has killed more a dozen family pets.
- Man gets life in prison in beating death of ex-girlfriend Updated: Oct-07-15 6:11 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 43-year-old man convicted of first-degree murder in the beating death of his ex-girlfriend in Omaha has been sentenced to life in prison.
- Keystone XL developer seeks different approval for route Updated: Oct-06-15 5:13 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Canadian company that wants to build the Keystone XL pipeline is taking steps to circumvent one of the major roadblocks in Nebraska.
- Mayor: Omaha mall project slowed over city funding talks Updated: Oct-06-15 2:10 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert says the proposed redevelopment of Crossroads Mall has slowed because of a lack of an agreement on the city's contribution.
- Lawyer: Proposed regulations could prevent wind project Updated: Oct-06-15 1:16 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - An attorney representing an energy company planning a wind farm in Lancaster and Gage counties said proposed regulations may prevent the project from happening.
- Man arrested in case of stolen coins in western Nebraska Updated: Oct-06-15 12:32 pm
GERING, Nebraska - A Gering man has been arrested on suspicion of stealing $1,500 to $2,000 worth of coins and silver medallions.
- Dodge man gets 50 years in prison for child sex assault Updated: Oct-06-15 12:10 pm
FREMONT, Nebraska - A Dodge man who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting an 8-year-old girl has been sentenced to decades in prison.
- City of Beatrice latest to ban sky lanterns Updated: Oct-06-15 10:19 am
BEATRICE, Nebraska - The city of Beatrice is now off-limits to sky lanterns.
- Nebraska man gives Holdrege YMCA $1 million Updated: Oct-06-15 9:22 am
HOLDREGE, Nebraska - A Holdredge man has given $1 million to the local YMCA - a gift he says is intended to both help local children and to honor his own late parents.
- Man arrested following fiery crash into gas pumps Updated: Oct-06-15 8:33 am
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Police in Grand Island say a driver was drunk when he crashed into a station's gas pumps, causing an inferno that destroyed the pumps and the vehicle.
- Nebraska man convicted of robbing grandparents sentenced Updated: Oct-06-15 7:39 am
GERING, Nebraska - A 24-year-old man who said a drug addiction led him to tie up and rob his grandparents earlier this year has been sentenced to six to 10 years in prison.
- Woman gets prison time in attempt to drive man off road Updated: Oct-06-15 5:28 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A woman accused of trying to drive her ex-boyfriend off Interstate 80 in Lincoln has been sentenced to three to six years in prison.
- With Nebraska next, Wisconsin looks to start offense back up Updated: Oct-06-15 2:14 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin is out of the Top 25 and keeps losing key players to injuries on an offense that is sputtering to start Big Ten play.
- Riley: Huskers facing great mental challenge after 2-3 start Updated: Oct-05-15 5:52 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Mike Riley has long admired the loyalty of Nebraska fans. It's part of why he took the coaching job.
- Big Ten officials say mistake cost Illinois a down Updated: Oct-05-15 4:13 pm
ROSEMONT, Illinois - The Big Ten officials' organization says a third-quarter officiating mistake cost Illinois a down in its 14-13 win Saturday over Nebraska.
- Student's fossil find leads to discovery of new species Updated: Oct-05-15 2:25 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Fossils found by a University of Nebraska-Lincoln student in New Mexico have led to the discovery of a new genus and rodent-like species.
- Experts: Rural Nebraska lacks access to mental health care Updated: Oct-05-15 2:03 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Experts say the lack of access to mental health care in rural areas of Nebraska isn't improving.
- Health advisories issued for lakes at 4 Nebraska rec areas Updated: Oct-05-15 10:28 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission has issued health advisories for lakes at four state recreation areas.