- Dive team explores wreckage of Tuskegee Airman's WWII plane Updated: Aug-21-15 2:22 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - Kamau Sadiki traveled from the nation's capital to Michigan to join a dive team charged with officially documenting for the first time the wreckage of a plane that was piloted by a member of the famed Tuskegee Airmen.
- Initiative announced to oppose Canadian nuclear waste plan Updated: Aug-19-15 11:02 am
FLINT, Michigan - A member of Congress wants people in Michigan to share opposition to a Canadian proposal to store nuclear waste underground less than a mile from the Lake Huron shore.
- Rally planned to fight nuke waste disposal near Lake Huron Updated: Aug-16-15 4:04 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - Groups opposed to a Canadian plan to bury radioactive waste less than a mile from the Lake Huron shore are planning a protest rally in Port Huron.
- Oil spill drill set for pipelines in Straits of Mackinac Updated: Aug-14-15 3:22 am
MACKINAW CITY, Michigan - A massive exercise is in the works that would test a company's ability to respond to a spill from oil pipelines under the Straits of Mackinac (MAK'-ih-naw).
- Michigan lawmakers seek study on Canadian nuclear waste plan Updated: Aug-10-15 7:58 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Members of Congress from Michigan announced a new effort Monday to prevent the burial of Canadian nuclear waste near the Lake Huron shore, calling for a study by an agency that represents both nations in boundary waters disputes.