- Oklahoma lawmaker acknowledges criminal investigation Updated: Jul-28-15 5:10 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - An attorney for Oklahoma state Sen. Rick Brinkley has acknowledged that the lawmaker is under a criminal investigation related to his alleged embezzlement of more than $1 million from a nonprofit agency where he once worked.
- Correction: Church Bus Crash story Updated: Jul-28-15 8:58 am
ADAIR, Oklahoma - In July 27 and July 28 stories about a highway crash that injured 10 children in Oklahoma, The Associated Press, in some instances, erroneously referred to the vehicle that crashed as a bus. It was a van.
- Missing McAlester woman found dead in car in Tulsa Updated: Jul-27-15 10:14 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa police say a missing McAlester woman has been found dead inside her car in south Tulsa.
- Number of registered younger voters in Oklahoma is declining Updated: Jul-26-15 5:39 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Oklahoma election board records show a 40 percent decline in the number of 18-to-24-year-olds who are registered to vote, and some in the age group say the reason is the registration process is cumbersome and that candidates fail to connect with them.
- Tulsa man drowns after jumping from boat into Spring Creek Updated: Jul-26-15 4:23 pm
FORT GIBSON, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says the body of a Tulsa man has been recovered after he drowned in Spring Creek.
- South Korea's Eun Jong Seong wins US Girls' Junior Updated: Jul-25-15 9:06 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - South Korea's Eun Jeong Seong won the U.S. Girls' Junior on Saturday, beating Angel Yin 3 and 2 in hot conditions at Tulsa Country Club.
- Tulsa City Council OKs tax help for redevelopment project Updated: Jul-24-15 4:46 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa city leaders have approved tax help sought by the Tulsa World in efforts to renovate a historic downtown building and in the construction of another building.
- WNBA owners approve Tulsa Shock's move to Dallas area Updated: Jul-23-15 8:56 pm
WNBA owners unanimously approved a plan Thursday to move the Tulsa Shock to the Dallas-Fort Worth area next season.
- Latest: 2 dead identified as parents; adult son is suspect Updated: Jul-23-15 6:02 pm
BROKEN ARROW, Oklahoma - The latest on the stabbing deaths of an Oklahoma family (all times local):
- Oklahoma City, Tulsa roads rated among worst in the nation Updated: Jul-23-15 3:13 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Roads in Oklahoma City and Tulsa are rated among the most deteriorated in the nation by a transportation group that says the roads cost drivers more than $900 a year in vehicle operating costs.
- Tulsa man arrested in apartment complex stabbing Updated: Jul-23-15 4:17 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - A 29-year-old man has been arrested in the stabbing of another man at a Tulsa apartment complex.
- Tulsa Zoo celebrates second-highest annual attendance Updated: Jul-23-15 3:04 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Attendance is up at the Tulsa Zoo.
- Buyer snags trophy believed to belong to Miss America 1926 Updated: Jul-22-15 6:02 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A private Americana collector was the winning and only bidder for a trophy believed to be the one awarded to Miss America 1926.
- Grand jury's inquiry of Tulsa sheriff done in secrecy Updated: Jul-22-15 4:12 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A grand jury investigating a sheriff in Tulsa County, where a reserve deputy fatally shot an unarmed man, will do its work in secret. Even the room it meets in, what witnesses it calls, when it meets and for how long aren't public.
- Tulsa Shock try to fight through mounting distractions Updated: Jul-22-15 2:45 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Tulsa Shock have had more than a season's worth of distractions just halfway through.
- Developer pulls rezoning request of land for outlet mall Updated: Jul-21-15 8:04 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A company has withdrawn a rezoning request of private property for an outlet mall, but it said that it remains committed to bringing such a development to the Tulsa area.
- Dolson scores 18, leads Mystics past Shock, 76-69 Updated: Jul-21-15 3:57 pm
- Tulsa man drowns in Holdenville City Lake Updated: Jul-20-15 9:37 am
HOLDENVILLE, Oklahoma - A Tulsa man has drowned and a Holdenville man was injured trying to rescue him at Holdenville City Lake.
- Police: Man arrested in Tulsa after kidnapping ex-girlfriend Updated: Jul-20-15 4:08 am
BROKEN ARROW, Oklahoma - Police say a woman was rescued in Tulsa after being kidnapped by her ex-boyfriend.
- Maya Moore scores 32 points, Lynx top Shock 79-72 Updated: Jul-19-15 7:53 pm
- Zarrow Foundation gives $5M for Alzheimer's research Updated: Jul-19-15 4:29 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Anne and Henry Zarrow Foundation has donated $5 million to the Alzheimer's Association Oklahoma Chapter for research.
- June 26 death of 2-year-old girl classified as homicide Updated: Jul-19-15 12:26 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa police say the death last month of a 2-year-old girl who had been left with a young family member while the child's mother left the house will be classified as a homicide.
- Woman waives right to preliminary hearing in neglect case Updated: Jul-18-15 5:12 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A Tulsa woman who told police she was pregnant with 12 kids has waived her preliminary hearing on charges of child abuse and neglect after allegedly allowing her children to live in a trash-strewn home with no running water.
- 16-year-old girl dead after drive-by shooting in Tulsa Updated: Jul-18-15 3:53 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Police are searching for a suspect after a 16-year-old girl was fatally shot in what authorities say is a gang-related incident.
- Forecasters issue heat advisory for parts of Oklahoma Updated: Jul-18-15 1:32 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The National Weather Service has issued a heat advisory covering much of the state through the weekend.