- Oklahoma prosecutors fail to show up in embezzlement case Updated: May-23-15 1:31 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Attorney General's Office failed to appear for the initial court appearance of a former Rogers County commissioner who was charged by the office with embezzlement.
- Oklahoma Museum of Popular Culture closer to reality Updated: May-23-15 10:38 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - State historians will finally have a space to display some of the 100,000 artifacts they've collected to help tell the story of Oklahoma's contributions to popular culture.
- Legislature approves $7.1 billion state budget, ends early Updated: May-22-15 7:36 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Legislature wrapped up work on a $7.1 billion budget and approved a bond issue for a pop culture museum in Tulsa on Friday before ending the 2015 legislative session one week early.
- House approves new $25M pop culture museum for Tulsa Updated: May-22-15 1:37 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - One day after failing to pass a $25 million bond proposal to build a new museum in Tulsa, the Oklahoma House reversed course and narrowly passed a plan to build the facility dedicated to the state's icons of popular culture.
- Man arrested in Texas in more than 20-year-old Tulsa slaying Updated: May-22-15 12:42 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Police in Tulsa say a man in Texas has been arrested on a murder charge in the 1994 beating death of a woman in Tulsa.
- Friends of man shot by deputy support outside investigation Updated: May-21-15 7:40 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Bringing in an outside prosecutor to investigate the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office will help restore the public's trust in an agency that's been hounded by criticism since a volunteer deputy fatally shot an unarmed and restrained man last month, according to those who knew the slain man.
- Senate OKs $25M bond plan to complete Oklahoma Indian museum Updated: May-21-15 6:16 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A planned Native American museum that has become a hulking shell along the banks of the Oklahoma River near downtown Oklahoma City received a $25 million infusion from the Legislature on Thursday, which is designed to push the decades-old project to completion.
- Planned $19.5M center aimed at enticing drivers on Route 66 Updated: May-21-15 5:02 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa officials have announced a $19.5 million center aimed at enticing travelers along the historic Route 66.
- Student loses bid to wear eagle feather on graduation cap Updated: May-21-15 3:51 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A Tulsa federal judge has ruled that an American Indian student at Caney Valley High School can't wear an eagle feather on her graduation cap.
- Former Oklahoma teacher sentenced in molestation case Updated: May-21-15 9:26 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - A Tulsa teacher who resigned after being charged with molesting a 12-year-old student has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
- Oklahoma court upholds life sentence in fatal stabbing Updated: May-20-15 7:23 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals has upheld the life prison sentence of a man convicted in the stabbing death of a 24-year-old man.
- 3 hospitalized after shootings in north Tulsa Updated: May-19-15 2:07 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Three people have been hospitalized after being shot at dozens of times while in a parked car in north Tulsa.
- Woman accused of removing dead rival's body parts rearrested Updated: May-18-15 7:07 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - An Oklahoma woman accused of slashing the corpse of her boyfriend's ex-girlfriend at a funeral home viewing last month was taken back into custody Monday after bond was set on an additional charge accusing her of removing body parts of the dead woman.
- Police: Oklahoma man arrested after shooting at vehicles Updated: May-18-15 10:42 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa police have arrested a man who they say shot at vehicles along an expressway with this son.
- Oklahoma Senate committee OKs bonds for Tulsa pop museum Updated: May-12-15 4:43 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A proposal to issue $25 million in bonds to build the Oklahoma Museum of Popular Culture in Tulsa has passed its first legislative hurdle.
- House speaker unveils plan to complete Indian museum Updated: May-11-15 6:32 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma House Speaker Jeff Hickman is unveiling a plan for a $25 million bond issue to complete a long unfinished Native American museum near downtown Oklahoma City, while a separate proposal has been released for a $25 million museum in Tulsa.
- Police: Man robs woman, strikes her friend with sledgehammer Updated: May-11-15 8:22 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa police say a man hit someone with a sledgehammer and used pepper spray during a robbery.
- 3 candidates challenging incumbent in Cherokee election Updated: May-10-15 3:44 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The three candidates vying to become the new leader of the Cherokee Nation next month disagree fundamentally on how they'd run one of the country's largest American Indian tribes if they got into office.
- No charges in stun gun death of Tulsa man by tribal officers Updated: May-09-15 2:20 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Osage Nation says tribal police officers will not be charged in the death of a man who was shocked with a stun gun.
- Tulsa students suspended after LGBT poster defaced Updated: May-08-15 3:33 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Nearly a dozen students at a Tulsa high school have been suspended after a poster encouraging awareness about bullying and harassment of LGBT students was defaced.
- Tulsa County to pay $300K in fees in same-sex marriage case Updated: May-07-15 6:13 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa County will pay nearly $300,000 in attorney fees that were incurred during its unsuccessful defense of Oklahoma's ban on same sex-marriage.
- Streetscaping competition planned for downtown Tulsa Updated: May-07-15 3:08 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - An annual streetscaping competition to beautify downtown Tulsa with colorful plants and flowers is about to get underway.
- Tulsa man accused of sexual abuse sentenced to 25 years Updated: May-06-15 3:10 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - A Tulsa man accused of sexually abusing a girl over a four-year period has been sentenced to 25 years in prison.
- Firefighters suspect arson after Tulsa business blaze Updated: May-05-15 9:10 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa firefighters say a blaze that consumed a midtown vacuum store was intentionally set.
- Tulsa Public Schools coach arrested for domestic assault Updated: May-04-15 2:46 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - A Tulsa Public Schools assistant wrestling coach has been arrested on a complaint of domestic assault and battery by strangulation.