- At least 3 candidates say they want Tulsa sheriff's job Updated: Oct-06-15 3:21 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - At least three candidates have emerged for the soon-to-be vacant Tulsa sheriff's position after its longtime leader was indicted and resigned last week, and all of the contenders pledged to restore public trust to an embattled agency.
- Sapulpa gun store owner loses license for illegal sale Updated: Oct-06-15 3:09 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The owner of a Sapulpa gun store has lost his federal firearms license after being convicted of selling a firearm to a convicted felon.
- Man found fatally shot in Tulsa alley identified Updated: Oct-06-15 3:11 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Police have released the name of a man found fatally shot northwest of downtown Tulsa.
- Man sentenced for starting fire that resulted in death Updated: Oct-05-15 4:44 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A Tulsa man has been sentenced to prison for life without the possibility of parole for starting a fire that resulted in a 5-year-old child's death.
- Indicted Oklahoma sheriff still faces state investigation Updated: Oct-05-15 4:25 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - An Oklahoma sheriff who was indicted following a grand jury investigation sparked by a volunteer deputy's fatal shooting of a restrained man still faces reviews by the state's top investigative agency and a firm Tulsa County hired to look into the sheriff's department's operations.
- Cherokee County fights ruling on jail altercation video Updated: Oct-03-15 12:43 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Cherokee County officials are contesting a judge's ruling that jail video recordings involved in an excessive-force civil rights lawsuit were improperly destroyed.
- Tulsa professors work to make edible algae for space travel Updated: Oct-03-15 12:32 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Professors and students at the University of Tulsa are developing a system to help astronauts grow their own food during future space missions.
- Oklahoma anti-abortion laws challenged by clinic in Tulsa Updated: Oct-02-15 6:16 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - New Oklahoma anti-abortion laws that ban a second-trimester abortion procedure and increase the waiting period for women seeking an abortion were challenged Friday in a lawsuit filed on behalf of a Tulsa reproductive services clinic.
- Oklahoma expected to meet new ozone limits Updated: Oct-02-15 5:20 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma's Department of Environmental Quality says the state is expected to be able to meet tighter ground-level ozone limits that were unveiled by the Environmental Protection Agency this week.
- 4 charged in man's shooting death at Tulsa convenience store Updated: Oct-02-15 3:01 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Four men have been charged in the shooting death of a man last month at a Tulsa convenience store.
- Wild West: AAC teams embracing offensive football Updated: Oct-02-15 2:40 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Philip Montgomery has experienced more than his share of shootouts in his nearly two decades as a football coach, both on the high school level and later at Houston and Baylor.
- Police: 2 students injured in Tulsa school bus collision Updated: Oct-02-15 3:10 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Authorities say two students have been injured after a Tulsa Public Schools bus carrying six students was struck by another vehicle.
- Attorney: 16-year-old should be granted juvenile status Updated: Oct-01-15 7:03 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The younger of two brothers charged in the stabbing deaths of their parents and three siblings is challenging the constitutionality of a state law that denies him juvenile or youthful offender status in the case.
- No. 15 Oklahoma has depth at receiver as Big 12 play begins Updated: Oct-01-15 2:58 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Last year, Oklahoma's passing game was stagnant when Sterling Shepard wasn't involved.
- The Latest: Sheriff says it's been honor to serve citizens Updated: Sep-30-15 7:10 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The latest on the grand jury investigation into the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office, which came under fire after a volunteer deputy fatally shot an unarmed man (all times local):
- Ex-Arrow Trucking CEO asks Tulsa judge for lighter sentence Updated: Sep-30-15 3:45 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The former CEO of Arrow Trucking Co. is asking a federal judge in Tulsa for leniency when he's sentenced for conspiracy and tax evasion.
- Man's lawsuit against city of Tulsa moving toward trial Updated: Sep-30-15 1:45 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A federal lawsuit filed against the city of Tulsa by a man who was freed after spending 16 years in prison likely will head to trial after both sides failed to reach a settlement.
- Tulsa foundation pledges $100,000 to Arkansas marshal museum Updated: Sep-29-15 1:39 pm
FORT SMITH, Arkansas - The Hille Foundation of Tulsa has pledged $100,000 toward the construction of the U.S. Marshals Museum in Fort Smith.
- Sooners prep for wide-open West Virginia offense Updated: Sep-28-15 5:54 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Whatever the name of the particular attack, Oklahoma's defensive bugaboo in recent years has been consistently slowing pass-happy offenses.
- Death of 11-month-old Owasso girl ruled a homicide Updated: Sep-25-15 12:17 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The state medical examiner's office has ruled the death of an 11-month-old Owasso girl a homicide due to "multiple blunt impact injuries."
- Big 12 reprimands Baylor coach who was on Oklahoma sideline Updated: Sep-24-15 12:54 pm
IRVING, Texas - The Big 12 Conference issued a public reprimand Thursday against the Baylor assistant coach who was on the sideline during an Oklahoma home game.
- Police: Man shot twice at Tulsa apartment complex Updated: Sep-23-15 2:19 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Police are investigating after a man was shot twice at a Tulsa apartment complex.
- The Baylor Effect: Spread energizes Bowling Green, Tulsa Updated: Sep-22-15 4:53 pm
Baylor's spread offense is spreading and making opposing defenses sick.
- No. 15 Oklahoma thriving with Riley's Air Raid Updated: Sep-21-15 6:15 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oklahoma is just scratching the surface of what new offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley's Air Raid offense can do, and the Sooners already are breaking school records and topping national leaderboards.
- Baylor assistant on sideline during Oklahoma game vs. Tulsa Updated: Sep-21-15 5:57 pm
Baylor coach Art Briles said Monday he was embarrassed to find out that one of his assistant coaches was on the sideline during an Oklahoma home game, the second potential NCAA rules violation by his staff to be disclosed in as many weeks.