- Real Salt Lake, Los Angeles Galaxy play to scoreless draw Updated: May-07-15 12:53 am
- Los Angeles chief concerned after police kill homeless man Updated: May-06-15 10:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said Wednesday he has yet to see evidence that would justify one of his officers fatally shooting an unarmed homeless man near Venice Beach.
- LAPD officer charged with trying to smuggle man into US Updated: May-06-15 9:13 pm
SAN DIEGO - A Los Angeles police officer and his girlfriend have been charged with trying to smuggle a Mexican man into the U.S. in the trunk of his car.
- 3 accused of operating fictitious police department Updated: May-06-15 8:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - Three people, including one who works for California Attorney General Kamala Harris, were charged after claiming to operate a police department with jurisdiction in 33 states and Mexico and that traces its roots back 3,000 years, authorities said Wednesday.
- LA man charged with killing roommate; body found in closet Updated: May-06-15 6:36 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles man has been charged with killing his roommate, whose body was stashed in a closet for days.
- Appeals court says police can withhold license plate scans Updated: May-06-15 5:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - Police don't have to disclose license plate records that advocacy groups sought to gauge how high-tech surveillance was being used, a California appeals court ruled Wednesday.
- Woman known for trying to sneak on planes jailed in Chicago Updated: May-06-15 3:41 pm
CHICAGO - A woman with a history of trying to sneak onto planes without a ticket has been arrested twice in recent days at both of Chicago's international airports after being spotted loitering in terminal areas, police said Wednesday.
- 14-month-old girl abducted in Los Angeles is found safe Updated: May-06-15 3:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - Police say a 14-month-old girl abducted from her grandmother's home in Los Angeles has been returned and officers are searching for the child's father.
- Police shoot armed man on South Los Angeles roof Updated: May-06-15 3:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - Police say officers shot and wounded a man pointing a gun at them from a rooftop in South Los Angeles.
- Small quakes shake Southern, Northern California communities Updated: May-06-15 1:19 pm
HEMET, California - Small earthquakes hundreds of miles apart have rattled communities east of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Pass first? Point guards look to show you can score, win Updated: May-06-15 1:14 pm
- Los Angeles to pay $450,000 to settle wrongful death lawsuit Updated: May-06-15 6:13 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County will pay a man $450,000 after a 2yearold boy was killed by his mother's boyfriend in 2011 despite repeated calls to county social workers about ongoing abuse.
- Former brokerage CEO pleads guilty in LA real estate scam Updated: May-05-15 7:16 pm
LOS ANGELES - The former president of a Los Angeles brokerage firm has pleaded guilty to federal charges stemming from a real estate scam that cost investors nearly $4 million.
- Los Angeles sues Wells Fargo, alleging fraud by employees Updated: May-05-15 4:52 pm
LOS ANGELES - Wells Fargo Bank employees driven by strict sales pressure issued unwanted credit cards and opened unauthorized accounts that charged customers fees and damaged their credit, according to a lawsuit filed by the city of Los Angeles.
- Reforming Baltimore police will be time-consuming, costly Updated: May-05-15 10:11 am
BALTIMORE - Months before Freddie Gray died of the broken neck he suffered during what Baltimore's top prosecutor called an illegal arrest, the city's mayor and police commissioner said the department needed reform and asked the Justice Department for help reviewing officer misconduct.
- Ex-teacher faces charges for sexual abuse of second student Updated: May-05-15 3:08 am
LOS ANGELES - A former teacher at a private girls' high school in Los Angeles accused of sexually abusing a student is facing 10 additional sex crimes involving a second 16-year-old student.
- Man gets prison for LA construction site hammer killing Updated: May-04-15 7:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - A man who bludgeoned his friend to death with a sledgehammer at a Los Angeles construction site has been sentenced to 16 years to life in prison.
- 'Django Unchained' actress ordered to apologize to police Updated: May-04-15 6:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - An actress who accused Los Angeles police of racial profiling when they investigated a report she was having sex with her boyfriend in a parked car was ordered Monday to apologize to officers.
- Scientists: Recent LA quakes likely not linked to oil field Updated: May-04-15 1:52 pm
LOS ANGELES - Scientists say recent small earthquakes in southwestern Los Angeles County are likely due to tectonics, not activities at the Inglewood Oil Field.
- Grandal's 13th-inning homer lifts Dodgers over D-Backs 1-0 Updated: May-03-15 9:48 pm
- Paul lifts Clippers past Spurs, 111-109 in Game 7 Updated: May-03-15 12:27 am
LOS ANGELES - It figured that the most entertaining first-round series in the NBA playoffs would come down to a play involving Chris Paul and Tim Duncan.
- Stars speak out about Baltimore; others won't risk it Updated: May-02-15 2:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - As the events in Baltimore continue to grip the nation, a few celebrities are raising their voices for the city and the cause. But experts say many stars are reluctant to address such heated emotional issues publicly.
- California May Day activists rally on police, labor issues Updated: May-02-15 2:34 am
OAKLAND, California - Hundreds of May Day protesters decried racism, police brutality and income inequality on Friday in a plaza outside Oakland City Hall.
- May Day demonstrators clash with police in Pacific Northwest Updated: May-02-15 1:44 am
SEATTLE - Demonstrators clashed with police in two cities in the Pacific Northwest late Friday, with marchers throwing rocks and chairs at officers as the evening gatherings spiraled into mayhem.
- Japan prime minister touts economic synergy with US in visit Updated: May-01-15 8:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - The United States and Japan will work toward strengthened economic ties, including promoting more direct investment in each other's markets and approval of a Pacific trade agreement, officials said Friday.