- Key moments in the history of Playboy Updated: Oct-13-15 5:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - Here are some milestones in Playboy's history:
- Fan critically injured in fight outside Dodger Stadium Updated: Oct-13-15 5:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles police Chief Charlie Beck says two people involved in an assault outside Dodger Stadium that critically injured a baseball fan are believed to be a mother and son.
- Butler student awards little wishes to kids with cancer Updated: Oct-13-15 3:47 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Liz Niemiec remembers seeing the little boy in the casket, his tiny hands clutching a picture of his beloved dog. That dog was the one thing that brought him happiness in the final weeks of his life.
- Suge Knight, Katt Williams, ordered to trial in robbery case Updated: Oct-13-15 2:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - Marion "Suge" Knight and comedian Katt Williams should stand trial on charges they robbed a celebrity photographer of her camera last year, a judge ruled Tuesday.
- Former Dorner partner accuses LAPD of racial discrimination Updated: Oct-13-15 2:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles officer claims in a lawsuit against the Police Department that she is being made a scapegoat because of racial connotations attached to the claims of cop-turned-killer Christopher Dorner, who killed himself in a 2013 standoff with authorities.
- California to big-league ballplayers: Stop dipping Updated: Oct-13-15 1:42 pm
LOS ANGELES - California lawmakers have taken the first step toward accomplishing something Major League Baseball could never do on its own: Stop players from using smokeless tobacco.
- Hollywood actor returns home to fulfill 'Promise' Updated: Oct-13-15 5:03 am
CLINTON, Indiana - A native son of Clinton gladly returned to his Hoosier roots this month to fill a familiar role.
- Fight outside Dodger Stadium leaves 1 in critical condition Updated: Oct-12-15 9:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles police are reviewing surveillance video of a fight outside Dodger Stadium that left one person in critical condition.
- LA Kings' Dwight King out 8-10 weeks with broken foot Updated: Oct-12-15 3:33 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Los Angeles Kings forward Dwight King will be sidelined for at least two months after having surgery on his broken foot.
- LA County prosecutors warn of lottery scratch-off scam Updated: Oct-12-15 10:18 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County prosecutors are warning California Lottery players to beware of a scam in which merchants are cashing in on their unsuspecting customers' winning scratch-off tickets.
- Los Angeles woman wakes to find prowler in bedroom Updated: Oct-12-15 9:49 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles police say a woman managed to flee her apartment after she woke to find a prowler standing at the foot of her bed.
- Horse falls 60 feet down Los Angeles ravine, gets airlifted Updated: Oct-12-15 1:53 am
LOS ANGELES - A thoroughbred horse that fell about 60 feet down a ravine in the Hollywood Hills has been airlifted to safety.
- Bryant has 21 points, Lakers rout Maccabi Haifa 126-83 Updated: Oct-12-15 12:00 am
LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant scored 21 points and Roy Hibbert had 16 rebounds, leading the Los Angeles Lakers to a 126-83 exhibition rout of Israel's Maccabi Haifa on Sunday night.
- Electricity restored as Southern California heat eases Updated: Oct-11-15 10:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - Utilities have restored power to thousands of people who lost it during the worst of Southern California's heat wave.
- Jones makes 27 saves in Sharks' 2-0 win over Ducks Updated: Oct-11-15 2:12 am
SAN JOSE, California - After missing the playoffs last season for the first time since 2003, the San Jose Sharks wanted to make a statement this season while opening with games against their Southern California rivals.
- Utley's takeout slide breaks Tejada's leg in Game 2 of NLDS Updated: Oct-11-15 12:54 am
LOS ANGELES - New York Mets shortstop Ruben Tejada broke his right leg when a takeout slide by the Los Angeles Dodgers' Chase Utley's flipped the shortstop in the seventh inning of Game 2 of the NL Division Series on Saturday night.
- Man wanted for murder returned to US from Guatemala Updated: Oct-10-15 3:14 pm
LOS ANGELES - The FBI says a California man wanted for murder and attempted murder has been returned to the United States after a year on the run and two years in custody in Guatemala.
- Kershaw outdueled by deGrom in Dodgers' 3-1 loss in NLDS Updated: Oct-10-15 2:49 am
LOS ANGELES - Clayton Kershaw struck out 11 only to be thwarted again in the postseason.
- Records fall as high heat envelopes Southern California Updated: Oct-10-15 2:29 am
LOS ANGELES - A Southern California heat wave that's shattered records has left thousands of people without electricity.
- Max Domi scores in NHL debut, Coyotes beat Kings 4-1 Updated: Oct-10-15 2:18 am
LOS ANGELES - Max Domi just about did it all in his NHL debut, except collecting the puck from his first goal. Lucky for him, Steve Downie was there to pick up the touted rookie.
- LA hotel owner pleads not guilty in homeless killing Updated: Oct-09-15 11:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles hotel owner and an alleged gunman have pleaded not guilty in the killing of a homeless man.
- LA school district modifies campus filming ban Updated: Oct-09-15 8:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - A day after banning movie and TV filming on campuses, the Los Angeles Unified School District says there will be a handful of exceptions.
- Philanthropy, gender equity in focus at Power of Women lunch Updated: Oct-09-15 7:47 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Studio head Jim Gianopulos was the first man to be honored at Variety's annual Power of Women event, and he thinks few should follow him.
- Kings, Richards settle grievance over contract termination Updated: Oct-09-15 6:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - Center Mike Richards and the Los Angeles Kings settled their dispute Friday over the termination of Richards' contract after his arrest in June.
- Los Angeles orders quake retrofit for many older buildings Updated: Oct-09-15 2:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - Thousands of older wood and concrete apartment buildings vulnerable to collapse in a major earthquake would get costly upgrades under sweeping retrofitting rules passed Friday by the Los Angeles City Council.