- Rangers ripped again by CJ Cron in 5-2 loss to LA Angels Updated: Sep-05-15 2:12 am
ANAHEIM, California - C.J. Cron's latest monster game against Texas might have had the Rangers thinking they traded for the wrong streaky Angels slugger earlier this season.
- CJ Cron's 5 RBIs lead desperate LA Angels past Texas, 5-2 Updated: Sep-05-15 2:00 am
ANAHEIM, California - C.J. Cron realizes the Los Angeles Angels are down to their last few chances to make a playoff run.
- California man sentenced for eating roommate's rabbit Updated: Sep-04-15 10:31 pm
LOS ANGELES - A North Hollywood man who ate his ex-girlfriend's pet rabbit has been sentenced to community service and counseling.
- Near LA's Koreatown, pastor tries to lift veil on drug abuse Updated: Sep-04-15 4:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - In a blue-and-white church on the outskirts of Los Angeles' Koreatown, pastor Young Ho Han is trying to lift the veil on a problem silently afflicting his community: drug abuse among young Korean-Americans.
- 3 shot as Los Angeles deals with spike in deadly violence Updated: Sep-04-15 3:47 pm
LOS ANGELES - Bullets riddled a car in South Los Angeles early Friday, killing one person and wounding two others in the latest episode of violence that has sent the number of homicides surging this summer.
- Man found guilty of kidnapping girl from LA home, raping her Updated: Sep-04-15 3:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - A California man was found guilty Friday of kidnapping a 10-year-old girl from her Los Angeles bedroom at knifepoint and repeatedly raping her before letting her go and fleeing to Mexico.
- Record Labor Day weekend travel expected at LAX Updated: Sep-04-15 9:14 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles International Airport is expecting a record number of travelers during the Labor Day weekend.
- Parker, Ogwumike lead L.A.'s comeback over Mystics, 93-91 Updated: Sep-04-15 1:24 am
LOS ANGELES - Candace Parker posted her 12th double-double in 15 games and Nneke Ogwumike did the same in her first game back after missing seven games to an injury to power Los Angeles to a 93-91 win over the Washington Mystics on Thursday night.
- Assembly Democrats elect next speaker from Los Angeles area Updated: Sep-03-15 8:56 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Democrats in the California Assembly have unanimously elected their next leader after the current speaker tried to stave off a vote until next year.
- Los Angeles reduces kill rate at animal shelters Updated: Sep-03-15 8:42 pm
LOS ANGELES - An audit says one in four animals at Los Angeles shelters was euthanized last year but the city is making progress toward its goal of becoming a "no-kill" city.
- ACLU wants feds to withhold funds from LAPD for body cameras Updated: Sep-03-15 6:56 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Police Department's effort to equip officers with body cameras has run up against an unlikely obstacle - the ACLU of Southern California.
- California freeway wildlife corridor is feasible, study says Updated: Sep-03-15 4:14 pm
LOS ANGELES - Mountain lions and other animals would be able to cross a busy Southern California freeway and find new homes if the state adopts a proposal to build a long-planned wildlife bridge, according to a new study.
- Inmate captured after escaping from LA re-entry facility Updated: Sep-03-15 3:32 pm
LOS ANGELES - State prison officials say an inmate who escaped from a Los Angeles re-entry facility where he was finishing out his sentence is back in custody.
- Competition launched to redesign LA's Pershing Square Updated: Sep-03-15 3:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles is launching an international competition to redesign Pershing Square, the city's oldest park and a downtown landmark that's been largely ignored since its last upgrade two decades ago.
- Fall Movie Preview: A season strong in LGBT dramas Updated: Sep-03-15 1:33 pm
NEW YORK - Ellen Page was first approached about the true-life gay rights drama "Freeheld" when she was 21, just coming off her breakthrough in "Juno." It was seven years before the Supreme Court ruled that same-sex marriage is a right, and six before Page, herself, came out.
- Brief downtown Los Angeles outage hits 20 large buildings Updated: Sep-03-15 1:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - About 20 large buildings lost power briefly in downtown Los Angeles at the start of the business day.
- Los Angeles considers raising cat limit from 3 to 5 Updated: Sep-03-15 6:05 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles City Council wants to keep cats out of shelters and in order to do so is considering changing city code to raise the household limit on feline friends from three to five.
- Downtown Los Angeles sees sharp rise in violent, other crime Updated: Sep-03-15 6:05 am
LOS ANGELES - Downtown Los Angeles has seen a sharp rise in crime this year as gentrification changes the area, putting hip apartments at odds with the neighborhoods poverty and homelessness.
- Kershaw's 15 Ks lead Dodgers over Giants 2-1 Updated: Sep-03-15 2:08 am
LOS ANGELES - Once Dodgers manager Don Mattingly crossed the foul line without signaling the bullpen in the ninth inning, Clayton Kershaw knew he was safe to finish off the San Francisco Giants.
- Los Angeles taxi carjacker sentenced to 15 years in prison Updated: Sep-03-15 12:32 am
LOS ANGELES - A man who carjacked three taxis and led police on a high-speed chase near Los Angeles International Airport has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.
- Shootout at Los Angeles funeral leaves 1 critically injured Updated: Sep-02-15 10:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - A shootout at the Los Angeles funeral for a man killed in a gang attack has left one person critically wounded.
- California data shows racial disparity in arrests, deaths Updated: Sep-02-15 8:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - Just 6 percent of Californians are African American, yet they are involved in 17 percent of all arrests in the state and a quarter of in-custody deaths, according to what officials called a nationally unprecedented release of data Wednesday.
- Los Angeles will pay $5 million over trash truck death suit Updated: Sep-02-15 8:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles will pay $5 million to the family of a woman who was struck and killed by a city garbage truck.
- Federal Sony data breach lawsuit settled, lawyer says Updated: Sep-02-15 8:04 pm
LOS ANGELES - Former Sony Pictures Entertainment employees whose personal information was posted online last year after a massive data breach have reached a settlement in a proposed class action lawsuit, their attorneys said Wednesday.
- Man charged in connection with OJ Simpson Heisman theft Updated: Sep-02-15 7:52 pm
LOS ANGELES - A man arrested in connection with the theft of a copy of O.J. Simpson's Heisman Trophy more than 20 years ago from the University of Southern California pleaded not guilty Wednesday to receiving stolen property.