- Punitive damages sought in texting-driver case Updated: Mar-11-14 10:32 pm
- Law enforcement officials get hate crime prizes Updated: Mar-11-14 7:38 pm
- LA County task force to recommend Exide closure Updated: Mar-11-14 6:10 pm
- Bill for the Dodgers is about ready to come due Updated: Mar-11-14 5:42 pm
- Trial set for councilman sued by former aide Updated: Mar-11-14 10:28 am
- Man gets 11 years for phony Bieber concert scheme Updated: Mar-11-14 8:10 am
- Griffin's 37 points help Clippers beat Suns Updated: Mar-11-14 3:12 am
- More than 100 Los Angeles pot shops closed Updated: Mar-11-14 12:07 am
- Los Angeles man charged in severed head case Updated: Mar-10-14 11:46 pm
- Officer sues over Whitney Houston fallout Updated: Mar-10-14 9:17 pm
- Los Angeles Register newspaper to launch April 16 Updated: Mar-10-14 8:26 pm
- More choices, more rides bring transit renaissance Updated: Mar-10-14 7:55 pm
- Legendary racehorse to get new resting place Updated: Mar-10-14 5:50 pm
- Actor Robert Wagner recalls old Hollywood's style Updated: Mar-10-14 2:40 pm
- LA Marathon runners treated for heat injuries Updated: Mar-09-14 10:54 pm
- Meeks powers Lakers past Durant, Thunder 114-110 Updated: Mar-09-14 8:09 pm
- Ethiopians sweep LA Marathon Updated: Mar-09-14 3:11 pm
- Clippers outlast Hawks for 7th straight win Updated: Mar-09-14 3:32 am
- California's Brown hears fracking gripes Updated: Mar-08-14 6:46 pm
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition Updated: Mar-08-14 5:38 pm
- Man survives LA freeway wreck, killed by traffic Updated: Mar-08-14 5:07 pm
- LA area home to some of most crowded housing in US Updated: Mar-08-14 4:11 pm
- Controversy marks Newsweek's comeback Updated: Mar-08-14 8:37 am
- Mom of wandering toddlers charged with child abuse Updated: Mar-08-14 1:41 am
- Los Angeles officer killed in crash with big rig Updated: Mar-08-14 1:07 am
LOS ANGELES - A man who was hurt in a Los Angeles accident he blamed on a texting driver is asking a California appeals court for permission to seek punitive damages, his lawyers said Tuesday.
LOS ANGELES - Nearly two dozen law enforcement officials from across Southern California were honored Tuesday by the Anti-Defamation League for their efforts to fight hate crimes.
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County is creating a task force to recommend ways of closing a battery recycling plant after elevated lead levels were found in the soil at 39 surrounding homes and a school.
Fans of the Los Angeles Dodgers applauded as the team was sold for $2 billion, and cheered with each expensive new addition.
LOS ANGELES - The sexual harassment case against Los Angeles City Councilman Jose Huizar is going to a jury trial.
LOS ANGELES - Federal prosecutors say a Norwegian man has been sentenced in Los Angeles to 11 years in prison for a scheme where he convinced an investor to give $1 million toward phony Justin Bieber concerts in Scandinavia.
LOS ANGELES - Blake Griffin is nothing short of a lightning rod - for teammates, opposing players and referees. He also can play any kind of game required to keep the Los Angeles Clippers near the top of the Western Conference standings.
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles has shut more than 100 pot shops since it began enforcing new rules for medical marijuana dispensaries. But officials say many more continue to operate outside the law.
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County prosecutors have charged a man with killing his live-in boyfriend and dumping his severed head, hands and feet near the Hollywood sign two years ago.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - A Beverly Hills police sergeant is suing the city, claiming he faced retaliation after reporting that a detective made inappropriate remarks about Whitney Houston's body at her death scene.
LOS ANGELES - Freedom Communications Inc. said Monday that it has set April 16 as the launch date for its latest newspaper venture, the Los Angeles Register.
LOS ANGELES - With more trains and buses to take, and the appeal of using travel time for pursuits other than dodging traffic, Americans are taking greater advantage of a renaissance in public transit, according to a new report.
INGLEWOOD, California - The legendary racehorse Native Diver is being exhumed from the former Hollywood Park racetrack and will be moved to a new resting place in Southern California.
"You Must Remember This: Life and Style in Hollywood's Golden Age" (Viking), by Robert J. Wagner with Scott Eyman
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Marathon officials say 28 people were hospitalized and treated for mostly minor heat-related injuries after the race.
LOS ANGELES - From Jodie Meeks' big day to the final result, this was definitely a surprise.
SANTA MONICA, California - Amane Gobena ran two marathons in two months, and after winning the second in Los Angeles, she'll now have enough money for that dream home.
LOS ANGELES - Coming off a resounding victory over the Lakers in which they posted the largest winning margin in franchise history, the Los Angeles Clippers had to fight to the bitter end against the Atlanta Hawks after squandering an 11-point lead in the fourth quarter.
LOS ANGELES - In a year when California Democrats are worried about motivating their voters, Gov. Jerry Brown heard another unwelcome message Saturday: Some Democratic activists are bristling over his administration's policies on hydraulic fracturing, or fracking.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Los Angeles Police say that a rookie officer whose patrol car collided with a big rig in Beverly Hills is in stable condition.
LOS ANGELES - Police say that a teenager who survived a car crash with a big rig was killed as he tried to escape traffic on the freeway where the accident happened.
LOS ANGELES - Far from its reputation as the land of endless sprawl, Southern California has some of the nation's most crowded neighborhoods, according to a newspaper's analysis of population data.
NEW YORK - A mystery man. A splashy reveal. A media frenzy. Newsweek staked its return from the dead on a story it knew would get attention. A cover story claiming it had uncovered "the face behind bitcoin," the world's most popular digital currency.
LOS ANGELES - The mother of two toddlers who were found wandering filthy and alone in South Los Angeles has pleaded not guilty to child abuse and other charges.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - A veteran Los Angeles police officer was killed and his rookie partner was critically injured Friday when their patrol car collided with a big rig on a residential street. The truck driver also was injured.