- Teen arrested in theft of part from Walker crash Updated: Dec-06-13 1:10 am
- LA sues Wells Fargo, Citigroup over foreclosures Updated: Dec-05-13 11:49 pm
- LA-Ontario airport lawsuit on hold for talks Updated: Dec-05-13 10:08 pm
- Sparks sign head coach Ross to contract extension Updated: Dec-05-13 6:42 pm
- AP Source: Wilson, Dodgers agree on one-year deal Updated: Dec-05-13 5:48 pm
- LA County children's social workers go on strike Updated: Dec-05-13 2:44 pm
- $5K tip for real, Washington bar owner verifies Updated: Dec-05-13 2:20 pm
- Made-for-movie model of USS Nevada being restored Updated: Dec-05-13 2:04 pm
- Getting Hired: Use key words, keep resume readable Updated: Dec-05-13 1:49 pm
- Motorcycle officer breaks leg in hit-and-run crash Updated: Dec-05-13 12:17 pm
- California cities make moves against e-cigarettes Updated: Dec-04-13 11:14 pm
- Big Banksy piece from gas station up for auction Updated: Dec-04-13 7:15 pm
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production Updated: Dec-04-13 5:59 pm
- Athletics finalize two-year contract with Kazmir Updated: Dec-04-13 5:51 pm
- LA Democrat will be youngest in Legislature Updated: Dec-04-13 4:32 pm
- LA police department seeing fewer applicants Updated: Dec-04-13 1:34 pm
- Lawsuits target Los Angeles Kabbalah Centre Updated: Dec-04-13 11:38 am
- Wags and barks speak volumes when talking to dogs Updated: Dec-04-13 11:10 am
- Woman found dead in fire-damaged LA apartment Updated: Dec-04-13 10:52 am
- King's shootout goal puts LA Kings past Ducks 3-2 Updated: Dec-04-13 2:08 am
- Boy, 7, dies of injuries from Los Angeles shooting Updated: Dec-04-13 12:50 am
- 1st Wienerschnitzel stand named LA landmark Updated: Dec-03-13 10:31 pm
- Britney Spears makes official Las Vegas entrance Updated: Dec-03-13 10:02 pm
- Toys"R"Us settles suit alleging overcharges in CA Updated: Dec-03-13 8:33 pm
- Sarkisian plans immediate title contention at USC Updated: Dec-03-13 7:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Detectives arrested a teenager Thursday accused of stealing some wreckage from the Porsche that "Fast & Furious" star Paul Walker was in when he died in a crash, and a second suspect was planning to turn himself in, authorities said.
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles city attorney sued Wells Fargo and Citigroup on Thursday, alleging the companies engaged in mortgage discrimination that led to a wave of foreclosures in minority communities during the housing crash.
ONTARIO, California - A lawsuit over control of Southern California's Ontario International Airport has been put on hold to allow Los Angeles and Ontario time to try to settle.
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Sparks say they have signed head coach Carol Ross to a multi-year contract extension.
Brian Wilson will be wearing Dodger Blue for at least another season.
LOS ANGELES - About 4,000 children's social workers for Los Angeles County were on strike Thursday after contract talks broke down over the timing of a pay raise and the number of caseloads the workers must handle, union officials said.
12-05-13 - PORT ORCHARD, Wash. - Christmas got a whole lot jollier for waitress-bartender Amanda Retrum and 10 other employees who worked the late shift at a bar here - they'll share a $5,000 tip left that night by an anonymous customer.
RENO, Nevada - From the time Nevada's namesake battleship, the USS Nevada, was launched in 1914, it has held a special place in the hearts of the state's residents.
12-05-13 - Peter Bowes, BBC News, Los Angeles, contributed the following:
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles authorities are looking for a driver who left a police motorcycle officer with a broken leg in a hit-and-run collision.
RICHMOND, California - Two California cities have voted to ban electronic cigarettes in public places, and Los Angeles on Wednesday moved to prohibit their sale to minors.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Eytan Rosenberg had no idea that the man he let paint a mural on the side his family's gas station in Hollywood was the darling of the art world.
NEW YORK - Universal Pictures has shut down production on "Fast & Furious 7" indefinitely following the death of its star, Paul Walker.
OAKLAND, California - If those independent league road trips weren't humbling enough for Scott Kazmir, starting over from square one with his delivery and mechanics sure did the trick.
SACRAMENTO, California - A 26-year-old Democrat who won a special legislative election will become the youngest member of the Legislature.
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Police Department is struggling to recruit enough qualified candidates as fewer people are applying to join the nation's third-largest police force.
LOS ANGELES - Former supporters of the Kabbalah Centre have sued the Los Angeles-based spiritual organization, claiming more than $1 million in contributions was used fraudulently.
LOS ANGELES - If a dog's bark or tail doesn't convey an understandable message, check the animal's eyes, ears, nose or the tilt of its head for clues. A veterinarian says it's important that humans get the right message if they want to communicate well with their pets.
LOS ANGELES - Authorities say a woman has been found dead inside a fire-damaged apartment in Los Angeles, and investigators say the cause of the blaze appears to be suspicious.
ANAHEIM, California - Martin Jones' NHL debut ended in a nine-round shootout, with the Anaheim Ducks' high-scoring lineup taking turns bearing down on the Los Angeles Kings' new goalie.
LOS ANGELES - Police say a 7-year-old boy has died of injuries sustained in a drive-by shooting in West Los Angeles.
LOS ANGELES - Der Wienerschnitzel isn't just a hot dog stand anymore - it's a tasty bite of history.
LAS VEGAS - Fire-breathers, contortionists, snake charmers and hunky dancers welcomed Britney Spears to the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino on Tuesday afternoon in a staged event kicking off the pop icon's two-year Las Vegas residency.
LOS ANGELES - Toys"R"Us has agreed to pay nearly $180,000 to settle a consumer protection lawsuit alleging that the retailer overcharged customers in Los Angeles and San Diego counties.
LOS ANGELES - Steve Sarkisian confidently strode into the John McKay Center on Tuesday and immediately embraced both the lofty standards set by past Southern California coaches and the sky-high hopes of all Trojans football fans.