- USC rolls past No. 22 UCLA 40-21, takes Pac-12 South title Updated: Nov-28-15 8:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - Cody Kessler blinked back tears after he ascended the stepladder and raised his sword to lead the Southern California band in his final act on the Coliseum turf.
- Man fatally wounded crashes car, injuring 5 others Updated: Nov-28-15 2:13 pm
LYNWOOD, California - Authorities say a man who was fatally wounded in a Southern California shooting crashed his car into another vehicle as he attempted to flee, injuring five people.
- San Diego to Los Angeles rail service restored after crash Updated: Nov-27-15 6:36 pm
SAN CLEMENTE, California - Rail service between San Diego and Los Angeles has been restored after more than 12 hours of delays caused by a semi-truck that overturned onto the tracks.
- Cold air mass brings freeze warnings to California Updated: Nov-27-15 4:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - A cold air mass over California prompted widespread freeze warnings and watches Friday, raising concerns for crops in the agricultural San Joaquin Valley and for homeless people in urban centers, even as skiers and snowboarders took advantage of snowy slopes.
- More than 130 Los Angeles families relocated due to gas leak Updated: Nov-27-15 12:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - More than 130 families have been temporarily relocated from a Los Angeles neighborhood due to a leak at a massive natural gas storage facility that's causing a sickening stench.
- Los Angeles considers 'john letters' to fight prostitution Updated: Nov-26-15 7:12 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles City Hall proposal to send "john letters" to the owners of cars seen in areas known for prostitution has drawn criticism from a California civil liberties group.
- Jazz beat Clippers 102-91 to snap 13-game skid against LA Updated: Nov-26-15 2:34 am
LOS ANGELES - Gordon Hayward uncorked the emotions that had been building through nearly four years of losing to the Clippers.
- Casey Kasem's widow sued for wrongful death Updated: Nov-25-15 8:36 pm
LOS ANGELES - Three of the radio personality Casey Kasem's children and his brother sued his widow on Wednesday, claiming her actions led to his death in 2014.
- Patrol at homeless encampment turns up machine guns Updated: Nov-25-15 4:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County authorities have arrested a homeless man who had five firearms, including two operable World War II-era machine guns.
- Angels complete staff with new bullpen coach Scott Radinsky Updated: Nov-25-15 1:41 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Scott Radinsky has been named the Los Angeles Angels' new bullpen coach.
- Catcher Geovany Soto and Angels agree to $2.8 million deal Updated: Nov-25-15 12:30 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Free-agent catcher Geovany Soto and the Los Angeles Angels have agreed to a $2.8 million, one-year contract.
- Warriors make NBA history as first team to start season 16-0 Updated: Nov-25-15 2:10 am
OAKLAND, California - Interim coach Luke Walton believes the time will come when the Golden State Warriors finally lose a game.
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Updated: Nov-25-15 2:04 am
PULLMAN, Washington - Cal State-Los Angeles agreed to play Washington State largely for the paycheck, but it was the Cougars who cashed in big on the basketball court Tuesday evening.
- Jury awards $177,500 in suit against Kabbalah Centre Updated: Nov-24-15 8:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles jury has awarded more than $177,000 to a former student of the Kabbalah Centre who claimed a so-called "Rabbi to the Stars" made unwanted sexual advances.
- John Stamos pleads no contest to driving under the influence Updated: Nov-24-15 3:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - John Stamos was sentenced to three years of probation Tuesday after he pleaded no contest to driving under the influence of a drug earlier this year.
- Person struck, killed by Metro train in Los Angeles Updated: Nov-24-15 3:21 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles authorities say a person has been struck and killed by a Metro Gold Line train.
- Dallas-Hawaii flight diverts to LAX after mechanical warning Updated: Nov-24-15 2:54 pm
LOS ANGELES - American Airlines says a flight from Dallas to Honolulu made an emergency landing in Los Angeles after a mechanical warning on the Boeing 767.
- DNA frees rape convict; evidence points to fugitive rapist Updated: Nov-24-15 1:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - Even after Luis Vargas was sent to prison for a rape conviction that would mean he would probably never be free, his young daughter never stopped believing in him.
- Metro Blue Line tracks remain shut following train-car crash Updated: Nov-24-15 8:22 am
LOS ANGELES - Metro Blue Line commuters will be shuttled via buses in the Compton and Willowbrook areas as crews continue to repair the tracks and rail systems following Monday's train-car collision.
- Dodgers hire Dave Roberts as team's 1st minority manager Updated: Nov-23-15 10:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - Dave Roberts overcame long odds during his playing days in the major leagues and survived a bout with cancer in recent years. He had no managerial experience when he went after the vacant Los Angeles Dodgers' job.
- 2 brothers gunned down while playing basketball in East LA Updated: Nov-23-15 9:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Authorities say two brothers were shot and killed while playing basketball at an East Los Angeles park.
- The Latest: California man's rape convictions exonerated Updated: Nov-23-15 5:34 pm
LOS ANGELES - The latest on a judge's decision to vacate a California prisoner's rape convictions (All times local):
- Los Angeles to host Navy Fleet Week starting next year Updated: Nov-23-15 4:30 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles will begin hosting U.S. Navy vessels in an annual Fleet Week starting next year.
- LA Clippers dance squad to get reality series Updated: Nov-23-15 3:34 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Clippers' dance squad is getting its own reality series.
- Part of Los Angeles commuter train derails after hitting car Updated: Nov-23-15 2:09 pm
LOS ANGELES - The front end of a commuter light rail train derailed after crashing into a car and injuring the driver Monday during morning rush hour in Los Angeles, authorities said.