- Sanchez lifts Giants over Dodgers 3-2 in 12 Updated: Apr-16-14 3:44 am
- Donaldson, A's rally in 11th to beat Angels again Updated: Apr-16-14 3:20 am
- Clippers beat Nuggets 117-105 for record 57th win Updated: Apr-16-14 2:35 am
- LAPD chief apologizes over patrol car tampering Updated: Apr-16-14 12:14 am
- State audits find spending abuse in LA-area city Updated: Apr-15-14 9:55 pm
- Torres uncertain for playoff opener Updated: Apr-15-14 6:50 pm
- Fire destroys most of San Pedro Elks Lodge Updated: Apr-15-14 5:40 pm
- Report: California utility plans job cuts Updated: Apr-15-14 4:59 pm
- New LA newspaper embraces print in digital world Updated: Apr-15-14 4:21 pm
- Low visibility impacts LA airport flights Updated: Apr-15-14 2:11 pm
- Man convicted in stabbing of transients gets life Updated: Apr-15-14 10:28 am
- Woman sentenced to prison in $25M health scam Updated: Apr-14-14 11:56 pm
- Higher fees, spending jump in Los Angeles budget Updated: Apr-14-14 8:56 pm
- Disgraced former city manager gets prison Updated: Apr-14-14 6:53 pm
- $26 billion budget proposed for Los Angeles County Updated: Apr-14-14 4:43 pm
- Woman killed, 2 men wounded in LA domestic dispute Updated: Apr-14-14 2:46 pm
- Arreola determined not to waste another title shot Updated: Apr-14-14 2:41 pm
- MTV Movie Awards big Hollywood studio plug-fest Updated: Apr-14-14 9:07 am
- 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith arrested at airport Updated: Apr-13-14 10:32 pm
- Gonzalez homers for 4th straight game, LA sweeps Updated: Apr-13-14 9:27 pm
- Panama Canal project could take away from Arizona Updated: Apr-13-14 3:59 pm
- Marilyn Monroe earrings auctioned for $185,000 Updated: Apr-13-14 2:59 pm
- Jennifer Lopez, Laverne Cox win GLAAD Media Awards Updated: Apr-13-14 4:46 am
- Ducks beat Kings 4-3 in SO, clinch West's top seed Updated: Apr-13-14 3:06 am
- Robbie Keane lifts Galaxy past Whitecaps, 1-0 Updated: Apr-13-14 2:11 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Hector Sanchez singled home the winning run with two outs in the 12th inning and the San Francisco Giants beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 3-2 Tuesday night after Brandon Belt's tying double in the ninth.
ANAHEIM, California - Even after every momentum swing, dramatic hit and terrible relief performance in an 11-inning game, the Oakland Athletics still were unshakably confident somebody would pull them through.
LOS ANGELES - Blake Griffin won't be playing in Portland, regardless of whether his 16th technical of the season is rescinded.
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck and top aides have apologized for failing to promptly alert the civilian Police Commission that officers had tampered with patrol car audio-video equipment to avoid being recorded.
SACRAMENTO, California - A gritty Los Angeles suburb targeted in a federal corruption probe had virtually no controls over how taxpayer money was spent, opening the way for officials to run up credit-card bills and take questionable leave time that in one case nearly doubled an employee's salary, state audits found Tuesday.
SAN JOSE, California - Raffi Torres is making progress but it's still unclear whether he'll play for the San Jose Sharks in their playoff opener Thursday night against the Los Angeles Kings.
LOS ANGELES - A huge fire destroyed most of the Elks Lodge in the San Pedro area of Los Angeles, but no one was injured in the blaze.
LOS ANGELES - One of California's largest utilities is poised to cut hundreds of jobs.
LOS ANGELES - Aaron Kushner believes he can launch and grow a print newspaper in a world gone digital.
LOS ANGELES - Fog pressing close in along the Southern California coast has hampered flights at Los Angeles International Airport.
LOS ANGELES - A man convicted in the murder and attempted murder of transients in the Hollywood area five years ago has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
LOS ANGELES - The former owner of a Los Angeles medical equipment company has been sentenced to more than six years in federal prison for submitting nearly $25 million in bogus Medicare bills.
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti is proposing an $8.1 billion city budget that avoids layoffs or across-the-board tax increases while boosting spending - but there's mixed news for taxpayers.
LOS ANGELES - The disgraced former city manager who became the face of a multimillion dollar corruption scandal in the small Los Angeles suburb of Bell was sentenced in federal court Monday to 33 months in prison for income tax evasion.
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County's chief executive officer has proposed a budget of just over $26 billion for fiscal year 2014-15.
LOS ANGELES - A woman has been killed and two men have been wounded in an apparent domestic dispute in the Hyde Park section of Los Angeles.
LOS ANGELES - Chris Arreola once wanted to win football championships at Southern California. Now that he's heading to the USC campus with a shot at a heavyweight title instead, he's determined not to waste it.
LOS ANGELES - Last year, the MTV Movie Awards moved up its broadcast date from June to April to incorporate a summer movie plug-fest. Sunday night's show cemented that change as clips from anticipated blockbusters debuted at the madcap ceremony.
LOS ANGELES - San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith was arrested Sunday at Los Angeles International Airport after authorities said he became belligerent during a security screening and threatened that he had a bomb.
PHOENIX - That dry desert air brought out the best of the Los Angeles Dodgers offense, especially Adrian Gonzalez.
PHOENIX - Economic trade winds could blow away from Arizona someday because of a multibillion-dollar project taking place thousands of miles away.
LOS ANGELES - A pair of rhinestone earrings Marilyn Monroe wore to a 1955 Hollywood film premiere have sold at auction for $185,000.
LOS ANGELES - Jennifer Lopez has added a couple of more trophies to her block.
CARSON, California - Robbie Keane scored 1:11 into the second half and the Los Angeles Galaxy held on to beat the Vancouver Whitecaps 1-0 on Saturday night.