- Judge: St. Louis residents don't need vote on stadium funds Updated: Aug-03-15 8:57 pm
ST. LOUIS - The effort to build a new riverfront football stadium in St. Louis got a big boost Monday when a judge ruled that approval from city voters is not necessary to use city tax money for the project.
- 2 women dead from suspected drug overdoses at music fest Updated: Aug-03-15 8:03 pm
POMONA, California - Two women died from suspected drug overdoses at a popular weekend music festival at the Los Angeles County fairgrounds, prompting calls for an investigation and concern over the use of drugs at youth-oriented events.
- Special Olympics athlete found after disappearing from LAX Updated: Aug-03-15 7:45 pm
LOS ANGELES - An autistic teenage Special Olympics athlete who vanished from Los Angeles International Airport was found Monday afternoon, hours after another missing competitor turned up safe 350 miles away in Northern California.
- Los Angeles public schools' food director leaves after audit Updated: Aug-03-15 5:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - The director of food services for the nation's second-largest school district has resigned following a scathing audit that found inappropriate spending and mismanagement in the division.
- Closing ceremonies held for Los Angeles Special Olympics Updated: Aug-03-15 1:03 am
LOS ANGELES - Thousands of athletes said goodbye to Los Angeles on Sunday in an emotional closing ceremony for the Special Olympics marked by cheers, tears and pride.
- Ethier's 2 HRs help Dodgers beat Angels 5-3 in 10 Updated: Aug-02-15 8:53 pm
LOS ANGELES - Andre Ethier always wanted to be the guy who made the game-winning 3-pointer or catch the game-winning touchdown pass in the end zone as time expired. In baseball, his only chance at sudden death is a walkoff home run - which he has done six times in his major league career.
- Limousine, 2 other vehicles crash near LA; 11 people injured Updated: Aug-02-15 4:40 pm
SANTA CLARITA, California - Five people are in critical condition after a crash involving a limousine and two other cars in Southern California.
- Los Angeles officers pull unconscious man from engulfed car Updated: Aug-01-15 11:46 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Police Department officers pulled an unconscious man from a car that went up in flames after a collision.
- Haren dealt by Marlins to Cubs for 2 minor leaguers Updated: Aug-01-15 10:38 am
- USOC: 3 cities being contacted to replace Boston in 2024 bid Updated: Aug-01-15 8:35 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - U.S. Olympic leaders have started contacting Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington about the possibility of bidding for the 2024 Games and believe the demise of Boston's candidacy will be "ancient history" by the time the host city is selected in 2017.
- Angels send C.J. Wilson to DL, make no late move at deadline Updated: Jul-31-15 9:00 pm
LOS ANGELES - Bill Stoneman decided the Los Angeles Angels shouldn't give up too much of their future to improve this season's title chances down the playoff stretch.
- Kershaw, Greinke switch starts for Dodgers in Freeway Series Updated: Jul-31-15 8:45 pm
LOS ANGELES - Clayton Kershaw's next start for the Los Angeles Dodgers has been bumped to Saturday, and Zack Greinke has been moved up to start Friday night against the Angels.
- Pirates acquire starter Happ, 1B Morse in trades Updated: Jul-31-15 8:08 pm
CINCINNATI - The Pittsburgh Pirates didn't enter the final 24 hours before the trade deadline looking for a starting pitcher. The state of A.J. Burnett's elbow quickly made them change their mind.
- Washington St's Leach ready for another entertaining season Updated: Jul-31-15 8:05 pm
BURBANK, California - Looking for a date in the greater Spokane area? Washington State coach Mike Leach has a few ideas.
- Amid California drought, fears rise of trees dying, falling Updated: Jul-31-15 5:34 pm
LOS ANGELES - As Californians and the communities they live in cut back water use and let lawns turn brown, arborists and state officials are worrying about a potentially dangerous ripple effect: City trees going neglected and becoming diseased or even falling.
- Alleged leader of Israeli organized crime ring gets 32 years Updated: Jul-31-15 5:20 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles man who prosecutors say was a leader of an Israeli organized crime ring that moved drugs and money across the globe was sentenced Friday to 32 years in prison.
- Southern California thunderstorm threat easing Updated: Jul-31-15 5:07 pm
LOS ANGELES - The thunderstorm threat in Southern California eased Friday as some communities cleaned up muddy messes left by downpours that triggered flash flooding, toppled trees and caused power outages.
- Dodgers bolster pitching in huge deal with Braves, Marlins Updated: Jul-31-15 12:46 pm
- 3 arrested after Los Angeles lifeguard attacked Updated: Jul-31-15 12:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - Authorities say a Los Angeles County lifeguard is recovering after he was attacked by three people as he climbed down from the Venice Pier tower.
- Invisible Women? Hollywood's female superhero problem Updated: Jul-31-15 8:29 am
LOS ANGELES - Batman. Spider-Man. Iron Man. Ant-Man.
- Judge leaves Katy Perry's bid to buy convent in limbo Updated: Jul-31-15 1:49 am
LOS ANGELES - Katy Perry's dream of owning a hilltop convent near Hollywood is going to have to wait a while longer.
- Castro's 9th-inning homer gives Astros 3-0 win over Angels Updated: Jul-31-15 12:57 am
- Castro's 9th-inning homer gives Astros 3-0 win over Angels Updated: Jul-31-15 12:44 am
HOUSTON - Few expected the Houston Astros to be contenders entering this season.
- Hollywood's Relativity files for bankruptcy with $681M owing Updated: Jul-30-15 9:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - Relativity Media, the struggling "mini major" Hollywood studio behind movies such as "Immortals" and "Mirror Mirror," filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection Thursday.
- US marshal convicted in Los Angeles man's fatal shooting Updated: Jul-30-15 6:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - A deputy U.S. marshal has been convicted of providing misleading statements to authorities who investigated his fatal shooting of a Los Angeles man.