- LA deputy accidentally shoots self during pursuit Updated: Feb-10-16 12:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County sheriff's officials say a deputy accidentally shot himself in the calf during a pursuit in Wilmington.
- Fugitive Los Angeles jail inmate due in Las Vegas-area court Updated: Feb-10-16 11:12 am
LAS VEGAS - A California murder suspect-turned-fugitive who was arrested in Nevada after authorities say he was mistakenly released from a Los Angeles jail is due for an extradition hearing.
- Westbound I-210 closed near Glendale after big rigs collide Updated: Feb-10-16 9:29 am
GLENDALE, California - Commuter traffic is backed up for miles on westbound Interstate 210 north of Los Angeles at the scene of a crash involving two big rigs.
- Parole hearing set for Robert Kennedy killer Sirhan Sirhan Updated: Feb-10-16 7:25 am
SAN DIEGO - For nearly 50 years, Sirhan Sirhan has been consistent: He says he doesn't remember fatally shooting Sen. Robert F. Kennedy in a crowded kitchen pantry of the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles.
- Records fall as winter heat wave hits Southern California Updated: Feb-10-16 2:17 am
LOS ANGELES - A midwinter heat wave baked Southern California again Tuesday, breaking more February records as temperatures soared into the 80s and 90s even as the Santa Ana winds that stoked the atmosphere began to fade.
- Authorities: 3-month-old shot and killed in Compton Updated: Feb-10-16 1:06 am
COMPTON, California - Authorities say a 3-month-old girl has been shot in the face and killed in a house in Compton, and they're seeking two men as suspects.
- President Obama visiting San Jose, Los Angeles Updated: Feb-09-16 11:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - President Barack Obama returns to California this week to attend Democratic fundraisers and make an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."
- Sports costs at ESPN weigh down Disney's Force-ful quarter Updated: Feb-09-16 7:56 pm
LOS ANGELES - ESPN, the sports network that drives Disney's profit engine, has hit a soft patch. Subscribers have fallen by about 7.2 million over the last three years, according to Nielsen, and it's coming off a round of layoffs in the latest quarter. As more people cut the cord to watch programming online, its perch on top of the pay TV empire is looking unsteady at best.
- Mother of unarmed man fatally shot in back is suing police Updated: Feb-09-16 6:38 pm
LOS ANGELES - The mother of an unarmed man fatally shot in the back by a Los Angeles police officer last year sued the city and its police chief Tuesday, saying the death is emblematic of a culture of excessive force.
- Clippers suspend Blake Griffin 4 games without pay for punch Updated: Feb-09-16 6:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - Blake Griffin was suspended four games without pay on Tuesday for punching a team staff member, and the Los Angeles Clippers will dock the star forward's pay for an additional game because he broke his shooting hand.
- LA city, county pass sweeping plans against homelessness Updated: Feb-09-16 6:00 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles city and county officials have approved sweeping plans to deal with homelessness at a cost of billions over a decade.
- Cosby's ex-lawyer dismissed from lawsuit Updated: Feb-09-16 5:21 pm
LOS ANGELES - A judge on Tuesday dismissed model Janice Dickinson's defamation claim filed against Bill Cosby's former lawyer for denying her allegations that the comedian had drugged and raped her in 1982.
- 56,000 place deposits for LA Rams season tickets Updated: Feb-09-16 4:57 pm
LOS ANGELES - More than 56,000 people have placed deposits on season tickets for the return of the Los Angeles Rams.
- 4 arrested after driver shot in car on Los Angeles street Updated: Feb-09-16 3:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - A man was found shot to death early Tuesday inside a bullet-riddled car at a Los Angeles intersection, and four suspected gang members were later arrested after a police pursuit on two freeways, authorities said.
- Love run: Los Angeles Marathon offers weddings for runners Updated: Feb-09-16 2:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - Love will be in the air at this weekend's Los Angeles Marathon.
- 2 firefighters hurt battling Los Angeles commercial fire Updated: Feb-09-16 2:15 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles authorities say two firefighters were hurt in falls while battling flames that tore through a downtown commercial building.
- George's big finish leads Pacers past Lakers 89-87 Updated: Feb-08-16 10:52 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Kobe Bryant gave Indiana Pacers fans one last thrill Monday night.
- Residents displaced by gas leak get more time to return Updated: Feb-08-16 10:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles residents displaced by a massive, 15-week natural gas leak will have more time to return to their homes once the well is plugged, under an agreement announced Monday between city officials and Southern California Gas Co.
- Chargers hire businessman to lead stadium initiative effort Updated: Feb-08-16 10:25 pm
SAN DIEGO - Chargers chairman Dean Spanos hired businessman and former developer Fred Maas on Monday to head the team's citizens' initiative process to get a measure for a new stadium on the November ballot.
- More debris found after planes collide off California coast Updated: Feb-08-16 8:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - Searchers have found more debris from one of two small aircraft that collided last week off the Southern California coast.
- The Latest: Paltrow's security guard testifies about letters Updated: Feb-08-16 7:47 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on the trial of a man accused of stalking Gwyneth Paltrow (all times local):
- Skier killed in accident at Los Angeles County mountain Updated: Feb-08-16 9:55 am
LOS ANGELES - Authorities say a 61-year-old man was killed in a weekend skiing accident on a Los Angeles County mountain.
- 16-year-old shot, killed by police in Los Angeles Updated: Feb-08-16 5:17 am
LOS ANGELES - Authorities say Los Angeles police have fatally shot a teenager who was armed with a gun during a confrontation.
- Divers find 2 bodies, wreckage of small plane off California Updated: Feb-08-16 12:18 am
LOS ANGELES - Two bodies and the wreckage of a small plane were found Sunday by divers searching in the water off Southern California for evidence following a midair collision believed to have killed three people, authorities said.
- The Latest: Divers found 2 bodies, wreckage of 1 plane Updated: Feb-08-16 12:13 am
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on a midair collision between two small planes (all times local):