- UNL to lead $13.5 million sorghum biofuel research effort Updated: Oct-03-15 5:05 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The University of Nebraska-Lincoln will lead a $13.5 million research effort looking at sorghum as a sustainable source for biofuel production.
- Lawmakers seek fixes for EMS shortages in rural Nebraska Updated: Oct-02-15 5:50 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers are looking for ways to bolster the state's rural emergency medical services, which providers said Friday rely heavily on volunteers despite difficult and time-consuming training requirements.
- Longtime Nebraska Capitol tour guide to retire next week Updated: Oct-02-15 5:14 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Nebraska Capitol tour guide who shared the state's history with nearly 500,000 students is retiring.
- Lincoln man gets year in prison in marijuana case Updated: Oct-02-15 3:43 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A man who Lincoln authorities say had more than 20 pounds of marijuana in his possession has been sentenced to a year and a day in federal prison.
- Retiring university chancellor reflects on successes Updated: Oct-01-15 4:29 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - As University of Nebraska-Lincoln Chancellor Harvey Perlman nears retirement, he's focusing on what he's helped the school accomplish during his tenure.
- Man shot by deputy near Capitol released from hospital Updated: Oct-01-15 4:50 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A 19-year-old man shot by a deputy near the Nebraska Capitol is out of the hospital and in jail.
- Woman convicted of vehicular homicide in Lincoln Updated: Sep-30-15 8:36 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A woman has been convicted in the crash death of an 81-year-old man in south Lincoln.
- Man pleads guilty to bilking $14M from Nebraska Medicaid Updated: Sep-30-15 4:10 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Lincoln pharmacist accused of defrauding Nebraska's Medicaid program out of $14 million has pleaded guilty to health care fraud.
- 5 California teens suspected of Nebraska ATM fraud Updated: Sep-29-15 11:29 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Five California teenagers who may be part of a national ATM fraud scheme have been arrested in Nebraska, authorities said.
- Hispanic Heritage Month event set at Nebraska Capitol Updated: Sep-29-15 5:01 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska is set to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with an event at the Capitol.
- Lancaster truancy project boosting grades, attendance Updated: Sep-28-15 4:50 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Lancaster County Truancy Diversion Project is seeing success in improving grades and attendance among students at the six participating schools.
- Nebraska's Riley: Pierson-El could play some against Illini Updated: Sep-28-15 4:39 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - De'Mornay Pierson-El, the dynamic punt returner who has been out since the preseason with a foot injury, will return to practice this week and might play a limited role in Saturday's Big Ten opener at Illinois.
- Today in Nebraska-October Updated: Sep-28-15 12:16 pm
- Black motorists stopped at disproportionate rate in Lincoln Updated: Sep-28-15 8:04 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Crime Commission says Lincoln police officers stopped black motorists at a disproportionately higher rate than other motorists last year.
- Lincoln's first female fire officer retires after 25 years Updated: Sep-27-15 2:33 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Jeanne Pashalek remembers her first "code," arriving at a house where a man, a big man, lay on the floor, not breathing.
- Nebraska lawmakers looking at options for Medicaid expansion Updated: Sep-27-15 9:57 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A new coalition of Nebraska lawmakers is considering options for expanding Medicaid coverage that could be approved by the Legislature, which has rejected similar measures three times in as many years.
- UNL to host Rural Opportunities Fair aimed at students Updated: Sep-27-15 5:05 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is hosting its first-ever Rural Opportunities Fair to connect students with rural communities and businesses.
- Lawsuit of man denied Lincoln liquor license can proceed Updated: Sep-26-15 4:20 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A federal judge has ruled that a lawsuit by a man can proceed with his lawsuit against the city of Lincoln for denying him a liquor license so that he could open a nightclub.
- Redevelopment of Lincoln's Veterans Affairs campus advances Updated: Sep-25-15 12:55 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Lincoln Historic Preservation Commission is backing a plan to redevelop the Department of Veterans Affairs hospital campus into a mix of apartments, town homes and medical offices.
- 3rd person reports being hit by blow dart in Lincoln Updated: Sep-25-15 9:02 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A third person has reported being struck by a blow dart in Lincoln.
- Man gets prison time for 97 pounds of marijuana found in car Updated: Sep-25-15 5:38 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A 38-year-old man has been sentenced to one to two years in prison after nearly 100 pounds of marijuana were found in his car during a traffic stop in Lincoln.
- Art project asks people to share ideas for Lincoln's future Updated: Sep-24-15 6:58 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A public art project in downtown Lincoln alley is offering residents the opportunity to share their hopes for a better future.
- UNL announces new push for childhood development research Updated: Sep-24-15 5:28 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has announced a new effort to boost research and support of early childhood development.
- Man pleads no contest in assault of Nebraska student Updated: Sep-23-15 7:58 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Texas man has pleaded no contest in an assault that left a University of Nebraska-Lincoln student critically injured.
- 2 Lincoln brothers charged in sexual assault of girl, 10 Updated: Sep-23-15 4:16 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Two brothers have been charged in the sexual assault of a 10-year-old girl in Lincoln.