- Police: 10 pounds of meth found in couple's car near Lincoln Updated: Sep-02-15 7:29 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A California couple has been arrested after authorities found more than 10 pounds of methamphetamine in their vehicle during a traffic stop near Lincoln.
- Lincoln man sentenced for sexual assault of 14-year-old girl Updated: Sep-01-15 6:56 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Lincoln man must serve more than 20 years in prison for sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl last year.
- Nebraska AP high school football rankings Updated: Sep-01-15 7:33 am
Here are the Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D2. Listings include name of school, season record, previous week's result and this week's opponent. The rankings are based on a formula that includes ratings from the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star plus experts for each class. Class A: Dale Miller, Grand Island Independent. Class B: Jeff Fielder, Scottsbluff Star-Herald. Class C1: Tom Behmer, Norfolk Daily News. Class C2: Brent Wasinius, Fremont Tribune. Class D1: Andrew Bottrell, North Platte Telegraph. Class D2: Nick Blasnitz, Hastings Tribune.
- Police: Man arrested for choking officer in Lincoln bank Updated: Sep-01-15 5:14 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A 21-year-old man has been arrested after police say he choked an officer at a bank in Lincoln.
- Riley's won over fans, so now can he win games at Nebraska? Updated: Aug-31-15 6:24 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Mike Riley's been coaching for 41 years, including three at the helm of an NFL team. But he has never worked at a place like Nebraska, where football is the biggest point of pride and a 365-day-a-year passion in this state of 1.8 million.
- Man arrested in attempted kidnapping of girl, 3, in Lincoln Updated: Aug-31-15 2:22 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A 33-year-old man has been arrested in the attempted kidnapping of a 3-year-old girl in Lincoln.
- Nebraska patrol still developing community outreach policy Updated: Aug-30-15 5:37 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The new head of the Nebraska State Patrol is defending his proposed outreach program that would encourage on-duty troopers to attend county fairs, public celebrations, sporting events and church services.
- Higher marriage fees, prison reforms among new Nebraska laws Updated: Aug-30-15 10:38 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A host of new laws took effect Sunday in Nebraska, leading to changes ranging from costlier marriage licenses to expanded opportunities for nonviolent prisoners to be released for parole and probation.
- Lincoln school board member to home-school his children Updated: Aug-29-15 7:10 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A newly elected Lincoln Board of Education member is coming under fire for home-schooling his elementary-aged children, despite his campaign promise to enroll them in public school.
- Central Nebraska officials mull more room for adult ventures Updated: Aug-29-15 6:25 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Hall County officials are mulling a proposal that would dramatically increase the amount of land zoned for strip clubs, cabarets, pornographic book and video stores, and other X-rated ventures.
- Wyoming has 14 in-state players on roster Updated: Aug-29-15 4:26 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - If Josh Harshman was two years older, he might not have landed at Wyoming.
- Nebraska State Penitentiary guard hospitalized after assault Updated: Aug-29-15 2:58 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Nebraska State Penitentiary correctional officer has undergone surgery for broken bones in his face after being attacked by an inmate.
- Orchard grows food, sprouts education on raising fruit trees Updated: Aug-29-15 10:46 am
SOUTH SIOUX CITY, Nebraska - It's hard to beat biting into a juicy apple plucked right from the tree.
- Man convicted of killing friend granted motion hearing Updated: Aug-28-15 6:01 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court on Friday ordered an evidentiary hearing be held for a Lincoln man convicted of murder who says his trial attorney failed him by not objecting to jurors being allowed to hear parts of recorded police interviews with him.
- Lincoln man accused of kidnapping, raping 8-year-old girl Updated: Aug-28-15 2:14 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Lincoln man described by his father as troubled is accused of kidnapping a sleeping 8-year-old girl from her home and raping her.
- Today in Nebraska for September Updated: Aug-28-15 1:38 pm
- Problems at new apartments in Lincoln remain unresolved Updated: Aug-27-15 4:12 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lincoln officials say problems at a new apartment complex remain unresolved but aren't serious enough to warrant action by the city.
- Nebraska National Guard leaving HQ in test of disaster plan Updated: Aug-27-15 8:28 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska National Guard officials say they're leaving their Lincoln headquarters as part of a disaster exercise that will continue through Sunday.
- 3 people accused of selling mislabeled synthetic marijuana Updated: Aug-26-15 12:53 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The owners of two Lincoln businesses face federal charges that they conspired to acquire and sell synthetic marijuana and commit other crimes.
- Program offers tips for first-generation college students Updated: Aug-25-15 5:08 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A new orientation program at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is helping students who are the first in their families to attend college prepare for the rigors of higher education.
- Lincoln attorney Hilgers to run for open legislative seat Updated: Aug-25-15 1:28 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Lincoln attorney who ran for the Nebraska Legislature in 2012 and the attorney general's office in 2014 is trying again.
- Lincoln man back home after finishing 2nd in TV show 'Alone' Updated: Aug-24-15 5:19 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A 22-year-old man is back home in Lincoln with his wife and friends after finishing second on a reality TV show contest called "Alone."
- First day of classes held at new Career Academy in Nebraska Updated: Aug-23-15 11:02 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - There are certain hiccups you can chalk up to first day jitters.
- Nebraska government email accounts linked to cheating site Updated: Aug-22-15 4:47 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Several Nebraska government email addresses are among the list of millions of subscribers leaked following the breach of the cheating website Ashley Madison.
- Firefighters say 2 dogs killed in Lincoln house fire Updated: Aug-22-15 1:28 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Firefighters say two dogs have been killed in a Lincoln house fire.