- Boca president says Tevez is returning to Buenos Aires club Updated: Jun-26-15 1:19 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The president of Boca Juniors says Carlos Tevez is leaving Juventus to return to the Buenos Aires club.
- Pope to stay away from homeland during South American visit Updated: Jun-23-15 12:08 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Pope Francis' homeland of Argentina is not on the itinerary for his South American tour in July.
- Argentine president stepping away from gov't role after term Updated: Jun-21-15 6:52 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - President Cristina Fernandez of Argentina won't seek another office when her second term ends Dec. 10, defying recent speculation she might run for congress.
- Argentines wanted in FIFA probe turn themselves in Updated: Jun-18-15 12:12 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Two Argentine businessmen wanted in the United States in a FIFA bribery case turned themselves in to authorities on Thursday after ignoring arrest warrants and staying out of sight for three weeks.
- AP names Pisarenko chief photographer for Southern Cone Updated: Jun-15-15 4:25 pm
MEXICO CITY - Natacha Pisarenko, a photojournalist who has covered major news and sports events across Latin America and around the world, has been named chief photographer for The Associated Press for the Southern Cone countries of Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay and Chile.
- Argentine Congress considers making street harassment crime Updated: Jun-09-15 9:32 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - When she left her house each day, Aixa Rizzo would brace for a barrage of sexually laden comments from male electricians working on a project in her neighborhood.
- Clowns required for public hospitals in Argentine province Updated: Jun-05-15 5:05 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Tapping into the healing power of laughter, specially trained clowns will be hired by public hospitals in Argentina's largest province thanks to a new law that requires they be available to help treat child patients.
- Son of former Argentine president detained for weapons Updated: Jun-02-15 1:19 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The son of former Argentine President Carlos Menem has been detained for cocaine and arms possession.
- South American official says 2016 Copa America in 'question' Updated: Jun-01-15 9:09 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - South American soccer's second most powerful official says the bribery scandal surrounding FIFA puts in "question" next year's Centennial Copa America tournament scheduled to be played in the United States,
- Argentine police didn't use gloves in dead prosecutor's home Updated: Jun-01-15 6:16 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The lead investigator in the mysterious death of a prosecutor who had accused Argentina's president of wrongdoing came under sharp criticism Monday for a video showing police working without latex gloves where Alberto Nisman's body was found.
- Argentine judge who reduced child abuser sentence resigns Updated: Jun-01-15 4:28 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A judge in Argentina has resigned amid sharp criticism for reducing the sentence of a convicted child abuser because the 6-year-old victim supposedly showed signs of being gay.