- Argentina's capital is world capital of bookstores Updated: May-01-15 12:50 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - All across Argentina's capital, lodged between the steakhouses, ice cream shops and pizzerias, is an abundance of something that is becoming scarce in many nations: bookstores.
- Uruguay urges ex-Guantanamo detainees to sign for housing Updated: Apr-27-15 7:38 pm
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay's foreign minister said Monday that six former Guantanamo Bay detainees resettled here will be out of a house and off public assistance unless they agree to terms they have so far rejected, the latest in an increasingly public battle over who is financially responsible for the men and for how long.
- Armenian archbishop in Argentina proud of pope Updated: Apr-23-15 12:07 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The head of the Armenian Apostolic Church in Argentina says he is proud, but definitely not surprised, that his friend Pope Francis recently called the 1915 mass killing of Armenians in Turkey "genocide."
- A leading candidate in Argentina would overhaul economy Updated: Apr-16-15 5:43 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The man who could be Argentina's next president wants to put an end to tight government currency controls, make peace with the nation's creditors and improve severely frayed ties to the United States. In short, Mauricio Macri is promising to undo much of what President Cristina Fernandez and her late husband Nestor Kirchner created over the past 13 years.
- Argentine judge orders arrest warrant for Justin Bieber Updated: Apr-10-15 3:29 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine judge has issued an arrest warrant for Justin Bieber, saying the singer failed to respond to summons related to a 2013 incident in Buenos Aires.