- Calmer bike rally weekend reported at South Carolina beach Updated: May-25-15 10:38 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Authorities say this year's Atlantic Beach Bikefest has been much quieter than last year's violence-marred event.
- At least 3 presumed drowned while swimming on SC coast Updated: May-24-15 12:10 pm
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Authorities along the coast in South Carolina are looking for at least three swimmers they think have drowned over the Memorial Day weekend.
- Same Myrtle Beach hotel sees 2 shootings in 12 hours Updated: May-24-15 12:07 pm
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Authorities are investigating two separate shootings within 12 hours of each other at the same Myrtle Beach hotel.
- 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' actor arrested in Myrtle Beach Updated: May-19-15 7:41 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - An actor who starred on the TV show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and was in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, for XCon World Comic Convention was arrested on a public intoxication charge.
- 7-day vacation rentals have declined on Grand Strand Updated: May-15-15 10:25 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Full-week vacation rentals on the South Carolina Grand Strand have noticeably declined this spring, but tourism officials do not seem too worried about the latest numbers.
- Couple accused of towing infant behind moped during storm Updated: May-12-15 6:53 pm
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Myrtle Beach police have accused a couple of strapping their 7-month-old daughter into a bicycle trailer and towing it behind their moped during Tropical Storm Ana.
- Tropical Storm Ana causes beach erosion on SC's north coast Updated: May-12-15 10:38 am
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Tropical Storm Ana has caused extensive erosion along the shore in the Cherry Grove section of North Myrtle Beach.
- Ana weakens to depression, dumping rain along NC, SC coasts Updated: May-10-15 6:46 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Tropical Storm Ana lost the last of its strength and was downgraded to a depression as it created wet and windy conditions along the North and South Carolina coasts.
- Tropical storm Ana, a bit weaker, near coast of Carolinas Updated: May-10-15 5:11 am
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Tropical Storm Ana weakened slightly as it lumbered just off the coast of South Carolina, sending pounding surf crashing against Atlantic beaches as it prepared to bluster inland, forecasters said.
- Myrtle Beach area will have extra officers for Memorial Day Updated: May-09-15 12:07 pm
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Extra police officers will be used in the Myrtle Beach area over Memorial Day weekend to help out as visitors attend festivals including Atlantic Beach Bikefest.
- National Hurricane Center director visiting Myrtle Beach Updated: May-06-15 4:04 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - The director of the National Hurricane Center is visiting Myrtle Beach as part this year's national Hurricane Awareness Tour.
- Construction delayed on new Myrtle Beach hotel tower Updated: May-05-15 8:55 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - There has been a delay in construction on a new oceanfront hotel tower in Myrtle Beach.
- Religious leaders plan prayers during Bikefest Updated: May-04-15 9:29 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Religious leaders on the Grand Strand will pray for the safety of those attending the Atlantic Beach Bikefest this month after violence marred the event last year.
- Police searching for man who exposed himself at 2 Wal-Marts Updated: May-04-15 3:01 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Horry County police are looking for a man they say exposed himself in two Wal-Mart stores in Myrtle Beach.
- 2K acres of Intracoastal Waterway could open to development Updated: May-03-15 3:22 pm
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Horry County officials say a years-old proposal to relax restrictions on development along the Intracoastal Waterway is getting some traction, although the process will be long and expensive.
- Former sheriff headed to prison to donate political money Updated: May-03-15 12:28 pm
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - An attorney for James Metts says the former Lexington County sheriff who's been sentenced to prison plans to give almost $105,000 in unused political contributions to charities.
- While SC tourism booming, golf lagging Updated: May-01-15 2:56 pm
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - While low gas prices and a brisk economy are expected to mean another record year for South Carolina's $18 billion tourism industry, the golf industry is lagging.
- Long-awaited dredging of canals on SC coast delayed Updated: Apr-28-15 2:43 pm
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - There's been a delay in a more-than $16 million project to deepen canals in North Myrtle Beach that have not been dredged in 60 years.