- Election board rejects early voting at Winston-Salem school Updated: Feb-11-16 7:58 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - The North Carolina State Board of Elections is supporting an early voting plan that excludes the campus of Winston-Salem State University.
- Winston-Salem man accused of having 2 wives Updated: Feb-11-16 5:30 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A Winston-Salem man has been arrested on a bigamy charge after authorities say they determined that he had two wives.
- Man dies in weekend shooting in Winston-Salem Updated: Feb-07-16 3:15 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Police are investigating after a weekend shooting in downtown Winston-Salem left a man dead.
- Beasley scores 16 as Seminoles beat Deacons, 91-71 Updated: Feb-06-16 3:10 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Florida State's players have finally figured out that it takes more than scoring to win games - it takes a little defense, as well.
- HanesBrands misses Street 4Q forecasts Updated: Feb-04-16 7:39 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - HanesBrands Inc. on Thursday posted worse-than-expected quarterly results and issued weak guidance, sending its shares down in extended trading.
- 2 die in wreck in Winston-Salem Updated: Feb-04-16 10:25 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Two people have been killed in a wreck in Winston-Salem.
- Clemson dominates 2nd half to win at Wake Forest 76-62 Updated: Feb-02-16 10:42 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Jaron Blossomgame had 22 points and 13 rebounds to help Clemson beat Wake Forest 76-62 on Tuesday night.
- Ruling may be weeks away on North Carolina voter ID mandate Updated: Feb-01-16 10:48 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A federal judge's decision appears to be at least several weeks away in litigation over North Carolina's photo ID mandate for voters, making it likely that the new requirement will begin when early in-person voting begins March 3.
- The Latest: Trial over on North Carolina voter ID lawsuits Updated: Feb-01-16 4:43 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - The latest on a federal trial over North Carolina's law requiring voters to provide a picture ID to cast a ballot. (all times local):
- Microfibres closing Winston-Salem plant, lay off 125 Updated: Jan-28-16 4:31 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Microfibres Inc. says it is shuttering its Winston-Salem manufacturing plant, eliminating 125 jobs.
- Burr campaign to report $818K in 4th quarter, $5.3M in bank Updated: Jan-27-16 4:48 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - U.S. Sen. Richard Burr had $5.3 million in his campaign coffers starting the new year in his bid to represent North Carolina on Capitol Hill for another six years.
- 'It just hurts': Frustrated Wake Forest hopes for turnaround Updated: Jan-27-16 12:27 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Wake Forest keeps finding ways to lose, leaving the Demon Deacons' strong start this season as nothing more than a distant memory.
- NAACP president testifies at trial on Voter ID law Updated: Jan-27-16 10:38 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - The president of the NAACP in North Carolina says he thinks that the state's law requiring a photo identification to vote is unconstitutional.
- No. 11 Virginia stuns Wake Forest 72-71 on Thompson's late 3 Updated: Jan-26-16 10:18 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - No. 11 Virginia seemingly couldn't get a 3-pointer to fall - until the final minute, when the Cavaliers simply couldn't miss one.
- Person with gun prompts lockdown at North Carolina college Updated: Jan-26-16 1:48 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A person with a gun prompted a lockdown at a central North Carolina college, although it is not believed any shots were fired.
- The Latest: 1st witness testimony heard at voter ID trial Updated: Jan-25-16 1:21 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - The Latest on a federal trial going on challenging North Carolina's new photo identification requirement to vote (all times local):
- Wake Forest discussion looks at Medicaid expansion prospects Updated: Jan-25-16 5:06 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Representatives from think tanks, interest groups, the General Assembly and health industry CEOs are talking about the future of Medicaid expansion in North Carolina.
- US high court ruling sends NC police officers' case to trial Updated: Jan-21-16 3:19 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Three North Carolina police officers will get a court hearing for their federal lawsuit alleging they were fired after accusing their police chief of corruption, racial discrimination and other misdeeds.
- Syracuse cruises past Wake Forest 83-55 behind Cooney Updated: Jan-16-16 3:20 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Syracuse wasted little time making itself at home in the first game of a weekend road trip through North Carolina, as Trevor Cooney feasted on Wake Forest's anemic defense.
- Judge says dad can't be defendant in lawsuit over soup burns Updated: Jan-16-16 11:15 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A federal judge has ruled that the dad of a toddler who was burned by hot soup can't be made a defendant in a lawsuit stemming from the injury.