- NC attorneys rest case in lawsuit challenging election law Updated: Jul-30-15 8:29 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Attorneys defending North Carolina's new elections law rested their case in federal court Thursday after presenting evidence they say shows that the new law is racially neutral and has no discriminatory intent.
- Resigned elections official held 2012 fundraiser for McCrory Updated: Jul-28-15 9:37 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A month before he won election, Gov. Pat McCrory attended a fundraiser hosted by an appointee to the state Board of Elections who resigned amid questions about his ties to an Internet sweepstakes magnate targeted by a campaign finance investigation.
- Shooting victim found dead inside Winston-Salem motel room Updated: Jul-26-15 3:59 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Authorities say a 34-year-old man has been found shot to death inside a Winston-Salem hotel room.
- 3 men cited after geese killed at golf course Updated: Jul-23-15 5:32 am
KERNERSVILLE, North Carolina - Three men have been charged in connection with the killing of several geese at a Forsyth County golf course.
- Expert: Lines at polls if NC voter law was in effect in 2012 Updated: Jul-21-15 8:23 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - An Ohio State University professor says voters would have encountered drastically longer lines in 2012 had many of the provisions of North Carolina's controversial election law been in effect.
- Man indicted in killing of his caregiver with a guitar Updated: Jul-21-15 3:25 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A grand jury has indicted a North Carolina man on a first-degree murder charge after police say he told officers he killed his 72-year-old caregiver with a guitar.
- Construction to close section of Business Interstate 40 Updated: Jul-18-15 4:05 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Motorists using Interstate 40 Business near Kernersville will encounter a shutdown next week as part of a construction project.
- Gov.'s legal counsel knew of board member interest conflict Updated: Jul-17-15 6:38 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The chief legal counsel for Gov. Pat McCrory knew almost a year ago that the law firm of a North Carolina Board of Elections member had received money from the target of an investigation into questionable political donations.
- Wake Forest QB Wolford sees bright future after tough 2014 Updated: Jul-17-15 11:08 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - As a freshman at Wake Forest last year, quarterback John Wolford won the starting job.
- Testimony continues on second day of NC election law trial Updated: Jul-14-15 9:17 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A witness testified that his attempt to vote in the 2014 elections in North Carolina was prevented by changes in the law authored by Republican legislators.
- Wake Forest AD expects programs to improve in 2015-16 Updated: Jul-14-15 3:17 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Many construction projects are taking place at Wake Forest.
- Victims identified in NC wrong-way wreck Updated: Jul-14-15 12:38 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Officials have released the names of the victims in a wrong-way wreck on Interstate 40 in Winston-Salem.
- Man charged after crashing into NC home, killing occupant Updated: Jul-14-15 10:06 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Charges have now been filed against a man whose car crashed into a house in Winston-Salem and killed a man living in the home.
- 400 employees of Novant Health to lose their jobs Updated: Jul-13-15 4:55 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Novant Health Inc. says it plans to lay off up to 400 employees across the Winston-Salem-based system as part of a reorganization that began last fall.
- Police: Winston-Salem to open 'speedy' lab for drug testing Updated: Jul-13-15 5:23 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Winston-Salem police say the city is working with National Medical Services-Integrated Forensic Laboratories to create a lab that will process tests for drug and alcohol cases in days instead of months and years.
- Man hurt after exchanging gunfire with Winston-Salem police Updated: Jul-11-15 5:32 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A man has been hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with a Winston-Salem officer.
- NC election board member's firm worked for target of probe Updated: Jul-10-15 6:09 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - For 17 months, a member of the North Carolina Board of Elections appointed by Gov. Pat McCrory demanded regular updates about the confidential investigation into $235,000 in political contributions to the campaigns of the governor and dozens of other elected officials.
- Officials: Worker killed at Wake Forest Innovation Quarter Updated: Jul-08-15 3:19 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Officials say a construction worker died while working on a project in the Wake Forest Innovation Quarter.
- NC teen gets at least 20 years for killing grandfather Updated: Jul-07-15 11:02 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A 15-year-old boy has pleaded guilty to killing his grandfather last year.
- Wake Forest University speeding toward fundraising goal Updated: Jul-07-15 4:04 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A fundraising campaign at Wake Forest University is quickly reaching its goal.
- Former Scoutmaster gets 6 months in 1980s molestation case Updated: Jul-03-15 12:44 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A former Scoutmaster will spend six months in prison and have to register as a sex offender for decades after pleading guilty to molesting two boys in a Winston-Salem Boy Scout troop 30 years ago.
- Winston-Salem police officer charged in fatal May wreck Updated: Jul-02-15 4:27 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A Winston-Salem police officer is facing charged after a 68-year-old man died when his pickup truck collided with a police cruiser.
- Herbalife expanding in Winston-Salem; adding 300 more jobs Updated: Jul-02-15 12:49 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Nutrition company Herbalife is expanding in Winston-Salem and will add 300 jobs by the end of 2018.
- 2 charged after human remains found in Forsyth County Updated: Jul-01-15 5:02 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Authorities in Forsyth County say two people are facing charges after human remains were found on a property in Pfafftown.