- Herbert advances to Winston-Salem final Updated: Aug-28-15 5:29 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - French qualifier Pierre-Hughes Herbert advanced to the Winston-Salem Open final, beating 13th-seeded Steve Johnson of the U.S. 3-6, 7-6 (5), 6-2 on Friday.
- Parents sue Kernersville day care after child is attacked Updated: Aug-27-15 10:43 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - The parents of a 5-year-old boy have sued a Kernersville day care and a teacher where the boy was assaulted.
- Madison Jones dismissed from Wake men's basketball team Updated: Aug-25-15 10:35 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Wake Forest has dismissed guard Madison Jones from the men's basketball team for violating an undisclosed athletic department policy.
- Man who escaped from prison caught at Wake Forest Updated: Aug-24-15 7:55 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A man who escaped from a prison in Winston-Salem has been captured by police at Wake Forest University.
- BB&T to buy National Penn for $1.8B, expand in mid-Atlantic Updated: Aug-18-15 11:23 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - The commercial bank BB&T will renew its push into mid-Atlantic states with a roughly $1.8 billion acquisition of National Penn, which runs branches in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Maryland.
- Forsyth County jail facing lawsuit over inmate's death Updated: Aug-13-15 9:52 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Officials at the Forsyth County jail ignored an inmate's worsening mental and physical condition, neglect that ultimately led up to his death, the man's family has argued in a lawsuit.
- Shooting in crowd at large Winston-Salem party leaves 1 dead Updated: Aug-09-15 2:58 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Authorities say officers called to a crowded home for a noise complaint in Winston-Salem arrived at the same time someone in the crowd fired shots that killed a 22-year-old man.
- Stockpile of survival rations found in building's basement Updated: Aug-08-15 3:04 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - While looking for the shutoff valve for a broken water pipe a week ago Sunday, downtown developer Mike Coe found a stockpile of survival rations from the early 1960s.
- US judge: Sheriff didn't violate Hispanics' civil rights Updated: Aug-07-15 6:34 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - The U.S. Justice Department failed to prove a North Carolina county sheriff ordered deputies to target Hispanic residents in violation of their civil rights, a federal judge ruled Friday.
- Winston-Salem St adds ex-Wake DB to coaching staff Updated: Aug-07-15 3:47 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Winston-Salem State has added former Wake Forest defensive back Chip Vaughn to its coaching staff.
- 3rd payment made to investor victims in ZeekRewards Updated: Aug-07-15 9:41 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - The receiver for a defunct Lexington company that authorities say was an $850 million Ponzi scheme says most victims have gotten another check.
- Winston-Salem groups push for National Black Theater Hall Updated: Aug-06-15 7:40 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Three arts organizations in Winston-Salem are working to create a National Black Theatre Hall of Fame and Museum.
- Wake suspends 2 football players, adds Wisconsin transfer Updated: Aug-04-15 1:47 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Wake Forest has suspended two football players from the team and added a graduate transfer.
- Closing arguments completed in challenge to NC voter law Updated: Jul-31-15 8:01 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Closing arguments wrapped up Friday in the legal challenge to North Carolina's election law, leaving the fate of the controversial legislation in the hands of the federal judge who heard the case.