- San Francisco man charged in PlayStation 4 killing Updated: Dec-04-13 8:44 pm
- Vogelsong signs $5 million, 1-year contract Updated: Dec-04-13 8:38 pm
- 49ers' Joe Looney takes on key offensive line role Updated: Dec-04-13 7:35 pm
- 9 go to hospitals after California train problem Updated: Dec-04-13 7:11 pm
- Timm Herdt: Role reversals ahead in 2014 campaigns Updated: Dec-04-13 10:20 am
- DC Council unanimously approves minimum wage hike Updated: Dec-04-13 9:52 am
- 49ers prepare to stay composed in emotional game Updated: Dec-03-13 9:51 pm
- 'Curb Appeal' co-host dies in San Francisco crash Updated: Dec-03-13 5:00 pm
- Judge rejects Mississippi woman's divorce request... Updated: Dec-03-13 2:18 pm
- Rome comes alive in 'The Great Beauty' Updated: Dec-03-13 1:48 pm
- Pilot who struck Bay Bridge won't get license back Updated: Dec-03-13 8:28 am
- Treasure Island cleanup forces dozens to move Updated: Dec-03-13 8:19 am
- Giants don't offer contracts to Peguero, Rosario Updated: Dec-03-13 1:20 am
- Trial begins in legal challenge to no-fly list Updated: Dec-02-13 8:04 pm
- Apple buys Topsy in pursuit of more Twitter tips Updated: Dec-02-13 7:02 pm
- Back on track, 49ers prepare for rival Seahawks Updated: Dec-02-13 5:11 pm
- Federal appeals court to live stream proceedings Updated: Dec-02-13 3:43 pm
- Bonds pays $4,100 stemming from conviction Updated: Dec-02-13 2:11 pm
- Increased algae growth a concern for SF Bay Updated: Dec-02-13 1:20 pm
- Yardsmart: Seed catalog showcases history and capability of... Updated: Dec-02-13 12:50 pm
- Manning, Broncos own Chiefs and AFC West lead Updated: Dec-02-13 4:01 am
- 5 things to know after 49ers pass Rams 23-13 Updated: Dec-02-13 3:33 am
- Man killed in SF by suspect who answered online ad Updated: Dec-01-13 10:23 pm
- Rams fail to slow down 49ers' passing game in loss Updated: Dec-01-13 9:14 pm
- Another big day for Boldin as 49ers beat Rams Updated: Dec-01-13 8:50 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A Northern California man was charged with murder Wednesday in the fatal shooting of another man who was trying to sell him a Sony PlayStation 4 gaming system.
SAN FRANCISCO - Once Ryan Vogelsong got over the hurt and frustration that followed when the Giants declined his option last month, the pitcher realized he still wanted to stay put in San Francisco.
SANTA CLARA, California - A little-known offensive lineman with less than one full game of NFL experience could find himself starting for San Francisco in its biggest game of the year yet.
OAKLAND, California - A San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit train's emergency brakes malfunctioned Wednesday, stranding hundreds of passengers in a tunnel and sending at least nine people to hospitals, officials said.
Early indications are that Californians might be in for some topsy-turvy election campaigns next year, with high-profile candidates from both parties seeking to co-opt issues that have in recent years been strengths of the opposing party.
WASHINGTON - The D.C. Council voted unanimously Tuesday to increase the District of Columbia's minimum wage to $11.50 an hour, one of the nation's highest.
SANTA CLARA, California - The San Francisco 49ers are ready for some serious chatter coming from that brash, big-talking Seattle secondary.
SAN FRANCISCO - A co-host of the HGTV show "Curb Appeal" has been killed in a motorcycle accident in San Francisco.
12-03-13 - A Mississippi woman's bid to have the state recognize her California marriage to another woman so that Mississippi could then grant a divorce was rejected Monday, with a judge telling her Mississippi's constitution and statutes prevented him from doing anything.
If you know Federico Fellini's "La Dolce Vita," you'll be unable to watch "The Great Beauty" without thinking about it. This gorgeous Italian movie, like its predecessor, balances pungent satire and a more melancholy mood in portraying the dissolute world of the upper crust in contemporary Rome.
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal judge has refused to reinstate the license of the pilot of the oil tanker that sideswiped the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge six years ago, causing a 50,000-gallon oil spill.
SAN FRANCISCO - Residents of six buildings on San Francisco's Treasure Island are being forced from their homes so the Navy can clean up toxic material buried in an old waste disposal site.
SAN FRANCISCO - An eight-year legal odyssey by a Malaysian university professor to clear her name from the U.S. government's no-fly list went to trial Monday in federal court in San Francisco.
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple has bought Topsy Labs in a deal that will provide the iPhone maker with more insights about the chatter on Twitter.
SANTA CLARA, California - Donte Whitner realizes how different the San Francisco 49ers are now from the team that got whipped at Seattle in Week 2.
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal appeals court that meets in San Francisco and other Western cities will soon stream some of its hearings live over the Internet, the court announced on Monday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Barry Bonds has paid $4,100 in penalties stemming from his obstruction of justice conviction two years ago.
SAN JOSE, California - San Francisco Bay waters are becoming clearer as the Gold Rush-era silt that clouded them is increasingly being swept to sea, but this new clarity is promoting a different problem: algae.
It's almost as thick as a fashion week issue of Vogue at a whopping 354 full pages of veggie seed bliss. That's why I didn't realize my favorite heirloom seed source was behind "The Whole Seed Catalog" that arrived in the mail.
This was the kind of passing clinic for which Peyton Manning has become famous.
SAN FRANCISCO - A passing game scrutinized for weeks suddenly is on a nice roll for San Francisco. At the perfect time, too, with a playoff berth at stake.
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco police say a man was robbed and killed by someone who answered his online ad to sell a video game console.
SAN FRANCISCO - The St. Louis Rams arrived in San Francisco ready to grab some momentum for the December push with a third straight victory.
SAN FRANCISCO - Colin Kaepernick let his guard down just enough to razz Michael Crabtree about not scoring on a flashy 60-yard catch and run in his season debut.