- A's considering temporary home if lease expires Updated: Mar-09-14 4:15 pm
- 3 detained after wounding of San Francisco officer Updated: Mar-09-14 1:17 pm
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency Updated: Mar-08-14 5:41 pm
- San Francisco beats San Diego 69-60 in WCC play Updated: Mar-08-14 5:21 pm
- 2 cities struggle to enforce ban on gun magazines Updated: Mar-08-14 4:01 pm
- No. 21 Gonzaga handles San Francisco 81-68 Updated: Mar-08-14 1:36 am
- Sports medicine pioneer Frank Jobe dies at 88 Updated: Mar-07-14 5:27 pm
- 'Batkid,' Spider-Man hang out after Oscars cut Updated: Mar-07-14 3:56 pm
- 5 things to know about Google's mystery barge Updated: Mar-06-14 8:10 pm
- FBI launches task force for "Gypsy Hill Murders" Updated: Mar-06-14 8:02 pm
- Giants fan attackers face federal charges Updated: Mar-06-14 5:43 pm
- CB Culliver continues outreach to LGBT community Updated: Mar-06-14 4:43 pm
- US hosts Azerbaijan, Turkey, Nigeria in warmups Updated: Mar-06-14 3:57 pm
- Silicon Valley boom eludes many, drives income gap Updated: Mar-06-14 2:38 pm
- 3 California men plead guilty in alleged pot grow Updated: Mar-06-14 1:31 pm
- Judge: California didn't weigh water bank's impact Updated: Mar-05-14 11:09 pm
- Claim filed against San Francisco in patient death Updated: Mar-05-14 8:29 pm
- Braun homers again as Brewers beat Athletics 7-2 Updated: Mar-05-14 7:36 pm
- 2 men guilty in sale of trade secrets to China Updated: Mar-05-14 7:22 pm
- West Coast Conference still making strides Updated: Mar-05-14 6:08 pm
- California bar bans Google Glass, fears recording Updated: Mar-05-14 1:58 pm
- Transgender teen recants allegations of attack Updated: Mar-05-14 10:04 am
- San Francisco supervisors ban bottled water sales Updated: Mar-04-14 10:20 pm
- California gold discovery spurs rush of theories Updated: Mar-04-14 8:22 pm
- 2 dead in apparent San Francisco murder suicide Updated: Mar-04-14 1:29 am
OAKLAND, California - Oakland A's owner Lew Wolff is considering moving the team to a temporary location if he can't extend a two-year lease with the Oakland Coliseum.
SAN FRANCISCO - Three people were detained early Sunday during a manhunt that followed the wounding of a San Francisco police officer, authorities said.
STANFORD, California - San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh is ready for a busy week ahead with the start of free agency and is moving forward from the recent news that the Cleveland Browns inquired about trading for him.
LAS VEGAS - Avry Holmes scored 19 points as third-seeded San Francisco held on to beat No. 6 seed San Diego 69-60 in the quarterfinals of the West Coast Conference tournament on Saturday.
SUNNYVALE, California - Enforcement issues surround two Northern California cities' bans on high-capacity magazines.
LAS VEGAS - Sonja Greinacher scored 22 points as No. 21 Gonzaga, top-seeded in the West Coast Conference, easily handled eighth-seeded San Francisco 81-68 in a WCC tournament quarterfinal game.
LOS ANGELES - Dr. Frank Jobe, a pioneering orthopedic surgeon who was the first to perform an elbow procedure that became known as Tommy John surgery and saved the careers of countless major league pitchers, died Thursday. He was 88.
SAN FRANCISCO - A California boy who was treated for leukemia and became famous as "Batkid" got to spend time with another superhero after his planned appearance at the Academy Awards was cut.
SAN FRANCISCO - A Google barge built with recycled shipping containers proved its seaworthiness Thursday as it cruised from the San Francisco Bay to Stockton. But many other details about the odd-looking vessel remain a mystery. Here are five things that we do know so far:
REDWOOD CITY, California - The FBI said Thursday it is launching a task force to re-examine a series of unsolved murders of young women that happened along the San Francisco Peninsula nearly 40 years ago that law enforcement think might be linked to a similar woman's killing in Nevada.
LOS ANGELES - Two men who beat a San Francisco Giants fan outside Dodger Stadium, leaving him severely brain-damaged, have now been charged with federal crimes.
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver is continuing his outreach to the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community more than a year after his anti-gay remarks leading up to the Super Bowl.
CHICAGO - The United States will prepare for the World Cup with home exhibition games against Azerbaijan, Turkey and Nigeria.
SAN JOSE, California - Arwin Buditom guards some of the most successful high-tech firms in America. Joseph Farfan keeps their heat, air and electric systems humming. But these workers and tens of thousands like them who help fuel the Silicon Valley's tech boom can't even make ends meet anymore. Buditom rooms with his sister an hour's drive from work. Farfan gets his groceries at a food pantry.
SAN FRANCISCO - Three Northern California men are each facing up to ten years in prison after pleading guilty to charges that they damaged federal conservation land while allegedly growing marijuana.
SAN FRANCISCO - A state judge ruled Wednesday that California water managers failed to consider the environmental impacts of running one of the nation's largest water banks.
SAN FRANCISCO - The adult children of a woman found dead in the locked stairwell of a San Francisco hospital 17 days after she went missing from her room have filed a negligence and wrongful death claim against the city.
SAN FRANCISCO - Two men were convicted Wednesday of stealing an American company's secret recipe for making a chemical used to whiten products from cars to the middle of Oreo cookies and selling it to a competitor controlled by the Chinese government.
SAN FRANCISCO - When Jamie Zaninovich looks at the West Coast Conference men's basketball tournament as commissioner, he envisions two teams from the conference reaching the NCAA tournament and putting the WCC on the national map once more.
SAN FRANCISCO - A San Francisco bar is banning Google Glass over concerns that the Internet-connected, head-mounted computer will be used to record customers.
SAN FRANCISCO - A 15-year-old transgender student in California who claimed to have been beaten and sexually assaulted in a school bathroom recanted after a police investigation failed to back up his story.
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco city leaders have voted to ban the sale of plastic bottled water on public property, making it one of the strictest bans in the country.
LOS ANGELES - Word last week that a Northern California couple found $10 million in gold coins while walking their dog has set off a Gold Rush of theories over who left behind all that loot.
SAN FRANCISCO - Police say two victims have been found dead in an apparent murder-suicide at a convalescent home.