- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89 Updated: Feb-12-16 12:32 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Nick Emery sank 10 3-pointers and scored a career-high 37 points to propel BYU to a 114-89 win over San Francisco on Thursday night.
- Man killed by police had 20 gunshot wounds, drugs in system Updated: Feb-11-16 11:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - An autopsy report says Mario Woods had 20 gunshot wounds - many of them in the back - and there were drugs in his system when he was killed by San Francisco police in December.
- Uber to pay $28.5M to settle safety ad lawsuits Updated: Feb-11-16 11:37 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Uber said Thursday that it will pay $28.5 million to settle two lawsuits that said the ride-hailing firm misled customers about its safety procedures and fees.
- Timing, cost of high-speed rail project face legal scrutiny Updated: Feb-11-16 6:06 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Current state plans for a $68 billion high-speed rail system would not get passengers from San Francisco to Los Angeles in the time voters were promised when they approved the project, attorneys for a group of landowners opposing the system argued in court Thursday.
- The Latest: California high-speed rail lawsuit in court Updated: Feb-11-16 3:28 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The Latest on legal arguments over California's proposed high-speed rail project (all times local):
- California residents live on the edge of crumbling cliffs Updated: Feb-11-16 12:17 pm
PACIFICA, California - Sonja Thompson lives so close to the edge of an 80-foot bluff above the Pacific Ocean that when paragliders fly by "you can almost high-five them."
- Disappearing act: Twitter reports flatlining user growth Updated: Feb-10-16 7:24 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter set out to build a virtual town square bustling with billions of people. But it's starting to look more like a novelty stand as the masses flock to other services that strike a more personal chord.
- Twitter tweaks its timeline in pursuit of more users Updated: Feb-10-16 5:28 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter is tweaking the way that tweets appear in its users' timelines in its latest attempt to broaden the appeal of its messaging service.
- Nuns who help homeless face eviction in costly San Francisco Updated: Feb-10-16 1:11 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Sister Mary Benedicte wants to focus on feeding the hungry lined up outside a soup kitchen in a gritty part of San Francisco.
- San Francisco luxury store robbed of $10,000 in goods Updated: Feb-10-16 11:26 am
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco police are searching for a group of people who stole $10,000 worth of luxury items from a high-end San Francisco department store.
- Weather purges San Francisco Bay Area lakes of toxic algae Updated: Feb-10-16 10:45 am
OAKLAND, California - Heavy rain and a cold El NiÃ±o winter have purged three East Bay swim lakes of toxic algae that flourished in the drought last year and led to swim bans, lost lifeguard jobs and changed vacation plans.
- Former guard, wife found guilty of fraud Updated: Feb-10-16 8:47 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A former corrections officer and his wife have been found guilty of workers' compensation fraud.
- Super Bowl Minnesota delegation picks up tips in California Updated: Feb-10-16 8:16 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A delegation from the Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee has returned from California with the realization that there's much to be done before the big game comes to town in a couple years.
- Titans of Mavericks surf contest set for Friday Updated: Feb-09-16 6:10 pm
HALF MOON BAY, California - The renowned big-wave competition, Titans of Mavericks, has been set for Friday.
- Sex offenders challenge new federal passports law Updated: Feb-09-16 2:16 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A civil rights group has filed a lawsuit challenging a law that will require sex offenders to be identified on their passports.
- Yelp 4Q sales higher, loss worse than seen as CFO resigns Updated: Feb-08-16 2:15 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Restaurant reviews site Yelp Inc. posted a mixed bag of results Monday with higher revenue but lower profits than expected while saying its chief financial officer will step down.
- At least 2 killed, 1 injured in fight at complex; bats used Updated: Feb-08-16 1:42 am
MARIN CITY, California - Authorities say two men were killed and a third survived a gunshot to the head after an armed fight broke out at a large apartment complex in Marin City, north of San Francisco.
- The Latest: Broncos beat Panthers to win Super Bowl Updated: Feb-07-16 10:26 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The Latest on Super Bowl Sunday from AP reporters covering the game, the telecast, the commercials and fans around the world (All times local):
- Alicia Keys gives positive vibes at pre-Super Bowl show Updated: Feb-07-16 5:16 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Alicia Keys was energetic when she performed for a loud and excited audience at a pre-Super Bowl party, but she also got serious at the top of her show.
- 3 killed after brief police chase in San Francisco streets Updated: Feb-07-16 2:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Three people died in a fiery crash after a car fleeing authorities crashed into a taxi in San Francisco streets, officials said Sunday.
- Plagued by delays, California high-speed rail back in court Updated: Feb-07-16 1:46 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California voters embraced the idea of building the nation's first real high-speed rail system, which promised to whisk travelers from San Francisco to Los Angeles in under three hours, a trip that can take six hours or more by car. Eight years after they approved funding for it, construction is years behind schedule and legal, financial and logistical delays plague the $68 billion project.
- Backstage with Flea on Super Bowl, Bernie Sanders Updated: Feb-07-16 6:10 am
SAN FRANCISCO - It's been a busy weekend mixed with football and politics for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and bassist Flea wouldn't have it any other way.
- MVP Newton, Watt, Rivera, Berry big winners of NFL awards Updated: Feb-07-16 2:22 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Cam Newton is now a Super Bowl quarterback with an MVP award.
- Southern Oregon wines' gaining clout, could bring tourists Updated: Feb-07-16 2:05 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - The winsome wines of southern Oregon are gathering acclaim far beyond the Cascades and Siskiyous.
- Wife says singer and band leader Dan Hicks dies at age 74 Updated: Feb-07-16 1:45 am
MILL VALLEY, California - Dan Hicks, a musician whose work in the 1960s helped define San Francisco's psychedelic sound, has died. He was 74.