- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal pipeline blast Updated: Apr-21-14 8:34 am
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in Colorado Updated: Apr-21-14 6:14 am
- Rollins gets key hits, Phillies beat Rockies 10-9 Updated: Apr-20-14 10:17 pm
- Pot smokers celebrate 4/20 in Golden Gate Park Updated: Apr-20-14 9:20 pm
- Mold is latest health worry on Treasure Island Updated: Apr-20-14 8:25 pm
- Bochy calls off Sunday BP after 3-1 loss to Padres Updated: Apr-20-14 12:53 am
- SF officer injured in crash with robbery suspects Updated: Apr-20-14 12:49 am
- San Francisco probe leading to entrapment claims Updated: Apr-19-14 5:55 pm
- Mom and son who died in San Francisco fire ID'd Updated: Apr-18-14 12:46 pm
- Federico Rocha new undersheriff of San Francisco Updated: Apr-18-14 11:41 am
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep Updated: Apr-17-14 8:14 pm
- ACLU files suit on timeliness of asylum interview Updated: Apr-17-14 8:10 pm
- California rail line fined for worker deaths Updated: Apr-17-14 7:53 pm
- 1 dead, 1 injured in California boating accident Updated: Apr-17-14 5:42 pm
- Firework injures fans during Dodgers-Giants game Updated: Apr-17-14 4:15 pm
- Facebook rolls out location-sharing feature Updated: Apr-17-14 4:13 pm
- Woman, 30, charged in shooting death of teen Updated: Apr-17-14 8:38 am
- Dodgers' Ramirez leaves after getting hit by pitch Updated: Apr-17-14 12:53 am
- Court rules for environmentalists in water fight Updated: Apr-16-14 10:32 pm
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall Updated: Apr-16-14 6:11 pm
- SF Sunday parking meter charge voted down Updated: Apr-16-14 8:54 am
- Dodgers' Wilson activated for game vs. Giants Updated: Apr-15-14 9:17 pm
- San Francisco considers ending rental ban Updated: Apr-15-14 9:17 pm
- Wireless industry makes anti-theft commitment Updated: Apr-15-14 8:58 pm
- 'Shrimp Boy' pleads not guilty in corruption case Updated: Apr-15-14 6:07 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Pacific Gas and Electric Co. officials are set to appear in court on Monday to face federal felony charges involving safety violations tied to a deadly 2010 natural gas pipeline explosion in the San Francisco Bay Area.
DENVER - Tens of thousands of revelers raised joints, pipes and vaporizer devices to the sky Sunday at a central Denver park in a defiant toast to the April 20 pot holiday, a once-underground celebration that stepped into the mainstream in the first state in the nation to legalize recreational marijuana.
DENVER - Jimmy Rollins and Ryan Howard led the way out of the Philadelphia Phillies' offensive slump.
SAN FRANCISCO - An annual 4/20 pot-smoking celebration is attracting thousands of marijuana smokers to San Francisco's Golden Gate Park.
SAN FRANCISCO - A growing number of residents and workers on Treasure Island are complaining about mold in aging buildings on the former Navy base in San Francisco Bay.
SAN FRANCISCO - A San Francisco police officer was injured after his patrol car collided with a vehicle driven by armed robbery suspects at the end of a chase.
SAN FRANCISCO - The FBI used millions of dollars, liquor and cigarettes seized in other cases and more than a dozen undercover operatives in an elaborate, seven-year sting operation targeting a San Francisco Chinatown association thought to be a front for a notorious organized crime syndicate.
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco fire officials say a woman and her 3-year-old son who died in an apartment blaze were found in the apartment's bathroom.
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi has named former interim East Palo Alto police Chief Federico Rocha as his new undersheriff.
SAN FRANCISCO - Hyun-Jin Ryu pitched for his country, doing anything he could from afar to lift spirits in South Korea after all the lives lost during a devastating ferry accident.
SAN FRANCISCO - Immigration advocates are filing suit against the federal government, saying immigration officials are violating their own rules by failing to provide a speedy hearing to some immigrants who face deportation.
SAN FRANCISCO - Workplace safety officials fined a San Francisco Bay Area commuter rail line $210,000 on Thursday over the deaths of two track workers who were killed by a train the officials said was operated by an inexperienced driver with inadequate supervision.
SAN FRANCISCO - What was intended to be a fun night of sailing turned deadly as one person was killed and another seriously injured when their sailboat collided with a channel marker buoy in the San Francisco Bay, authorities said Thursday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Police say several people suffered minor injuries when a fan threw a firework onto a walkway at the San Francisco Giants ballpark during a Dodgers-Giants game.
NEW YORK - Facebook users in the U.S. will soon be able to see which of their friends are nearby using a new feature the company is launching on Thursday.
RICHMOND, California - Prosecutors say a 30-year-old woman who surrendered to authorities in the shooting death of a San Francisco Bay Area teenager has been charged with murder.
SAN FRANCISCO - Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez has left the game against the San Francisco Giants after getting hit by a pitch on the top of his left hand. The team says X-rays on his hand were negative.
SAN FRANCISCO - An appeals court said Wednesday that federal officials should have consulted wildlife agencies about potential harm to a tiny, threatened fish before issuing contracts for water from the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta.
SAN DIEGO - California home prices surged to a six-year high in March amid lackluster sales at the start of the traditional buying season, a research firm said Wednesday.
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco residents and visitors won't need to feed parking meters on Sundays any more.
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco lawmakers are considering making it legal for city residents to rent out their homes on sites such as Airbnb, but only if they have liability insurance and meet other requirements, a newspaper reported.
SAN FRANCISCO - A trade group for wireless providers said Tuesday that that nation's biggest mobile device manufacturers and carriers will soon put anti-theft tools on the gadgets to try to deter rampant smartphone theft.
SAN FRANCISCO - Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow, a central figure in a sweeping San Francisco organized crime and public corruption case, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to money laundering and other charges related to the investigation.