- 2 men found slain in northeast Omaha, police say Updated: May-05-15 9:46 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Police say two men whose bodies were found at a northeast Omaha residence were victims of homicide.
- Gay teacher ousted from Catholic school finds new job Updated: May-05-15 7:13 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A gay teacher whose Omaha Catholic school contract is not being renewed has found a new job.
- Fired National Park Service official says she's a scapegoat Updated: May-04-15 3:49 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A former National Park Service official in Iowa says she was unfairly blamed and fired for approving illegal construction projects that damaged a sacred American Indian burial site.
- Omaha archers aiming to host competition in Bellevue Updated: May-04-15 12:08 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha archers hope to hit a bull's-eye with their competition proposal that would require Bellevue officials to change a city ordinance for it to happen.
- Omaha crash kills Berkshire Hathaway investor from India Updated: May-03-15 4:49 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An investor from India who attended Berkshire Hathaway's annual meeting Saturday has died in a two-vehicle crash, and three other people were hospitalized with injuries.
- Berkshire Hathaway shareholder events continue Sunday Updated: May-03-15 11:23 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Berkshire Hathaway shareholders are wrapping up their annual celebration of capitalism with a day of shopping, steak dinners and other events.
- Omaha group has fun flying kites Updated: May-03-15 10:55 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Don Murphy's skies aren't just blue.
- Ex-doctor seeks 2 separate trials for 2008, 2013 killings Updated: May-02-15 5:40 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A former doctor charged with killing four people with ties to an Omaha medical school in separate attacks in 2008 and 2013 is seeking separate trials for the killings.
- Buffett says next Berkshire CEO needs operations background Updated: May-02-15 5:19 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Billionaire Warren Buffett says Berkshire Hathaway's next CEO will need to have experience running a company, not just investing.
- Warren Buffett defends practices, showers advice at meeting Updated: May-02-15 5:19 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Berkshire Hathaway shareholders always celebrate Warren Buffett at the annual meeting, but amid the praise Saturday, investors also questioned a couple of the conglomerate's recent business moves.
- Omaha public school teachers, district strike pay deal Updated: May-02-15 4:01 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha Public Schools and its teachers union have struck a deal for a new contract that would give teachers raises over the next three years and increase the starting salary for new teachers.
- Berkshire Hathaway's top execs confident company will endure Updated: May-02-15 12:11 pm
- Berkshire Hathaway's first-quarter profit up 10 percent Updated: May-01-15 7:25 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Warren Buffett's company said Friday its first-quarter profit jumped 10 percent on the strength of its railroad and insurance businesses.
- Omaha choir offers release for people with disabilities Updated: May-01-15 6:24 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A choir group for people with physical and cognitive disabilities has held its first performance on the University of Nebraska at Omaha campus.
- Air Force says some crew members treated after fire on jet Updated: May-01-15 11:00 am
OFFUTT AIR FORCE BASE, Nebraska - The Air Force says some air crew members were treated for smoke inhalation after their jet made an emergency stop on the runway before it could take off from a base near Omaha.
- Nebraska state budget bills advance after spending debate Updated: Apr-30-15 9:44 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers gave initial approval Thursday to an $8.6 billion budget with new spending for property tax reductions, education and a controversial dental-school project in Omaha.
- Doctors keep mom's body functioning so baby could survive Updated: Apr-30-15 5:10 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A brain-dead woman was kept on life support for more than seven weeks so the baby she was carrying could survive, Omaha doctors said.
- Newspaper asks: Are public officials' texts public records? Updated: Apr-30-15 3:14 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Are public officials' texts public records?
- Case dismissed in drive-by shooting of birthday girl Updated: Apr-30-15 7:38 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A judge has dismissed a case filed against a 20-year-old man accused in a drive-by shooting of a 6-year-old girl celebrating her birthday in Omaha.
- Berkshire unit says it plans to build Nebraska wind farm Updated: Apr-30-15 6:31 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Officials say a subsidiary of Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc. plans to build a 400-megawtt wind farm in northeast Nebraska and sell all the power to Omaha Public Power District.
- Catholic high school students show support for gay teacher Updated: Apr-30-15 5:41 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Students from an Omaha Catholic high school have used an annual fundraiser to show support for a gay teacher whose contract will not be renewed after he informed school officials he was engaged to his partner.
- Omaha investors to convert theater into shooting range Updated: Apr-29-15 1:09 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A group of Omaha businessmen are planning to transform a vacant movie theater into a family-friendly recreational shooting range and firearms retailer.
- Man accused of hitting mom with SUV convicted in other case Updated: Apr-29-15 7:20 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 32-year-old man who police say twice struck his mother with an SUV in an attempt to evade an officer has been convicted in a related case.
- Lawmakers advance tax breaks for Nebraska zoos, aquariums Updated: Apr-28-15 7:27 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska zoos are one step closer to getting a tax break, although some lawmakers continue to criticize the measure as a snub to residents to whom they've promised property tax relief.
- Judge: Teen must stand trial in shooting of Omaha student Updated: Apr-28-15 3:08 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha teen has been ordered to stand trial in the shooting of a classmate, leaving him paralyzed from the shoulders down.