- Nebraska Omaha defeats Northern Colorado 105-85 Updated: Nov-26-15 12:29 am
GREELEY, Colorado - Jake White made 8 for 11 field goals and converted all nine free throws to score 25 points and Nebraska Omaha beat Northern Colorado 105-85 Wednesday night.
- Urban farmers find that success leads to eviction Updated: Nov-25-15 11:17 am
OMAHA, Nebraska -
- Omaha police officer found not guilty of domestic assault Updated: Nov-25-15 7:07 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha police officer has been found not guilty of domestic assault.
- Omaha woman gets 51-65 years for kidnapping, brutal assault Updated: Nov-24-15 12:25 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha woman has been given 51 to 65 years in prison for kidnapping and savagely attacking a woman over her boyfriend's debt.
- Man accused of hitting mom with SUV in Nebraska gets prison Updated: Nov-23-15 3:53 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 33-year-old man accused of hitting his mother with an SUV in Nebraska has been given at least two years in prison.
- Colorado holds off upset-minded Nebraska-Omaha 87-82 Updated: Nov-22-15 6:47 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Colorado proved resilient once again - rallying from another double-digit deficit to earn yet another win.
- Omaha school district asks parents about tougher security Updated: Nov-22-15 6:45 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Omaha school district wants to know if parents and principals would support using metal detectors or drug-sniffing dogs in schools.
- Nebraska senators concerned $110M shortfall could grow Updated: Nov-22-15 9:37 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Is it a blip, or the tip of the iceberg?
- Omaha police to take part in seat belt use effort Updated: Nov-22-15 5:02 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Omaha Police Department is taking part in a nationwide "Click It or Ticket" campaign for the week of Thanksgiving.
- Hundreds attend Father Schlegel's funeral Mass in Omaha Updated: Nov-21-15 5:21 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Hundreds of people - including Gov. Pete Ricketts and Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert - attended the funeral Mass for the Rev. John Schlegel, who led Creighton University in Omaha for more than a decade.
- Omaha soybean processor to expand its Iowa biodiesel plant Updated: Nov-21-15 1:42 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - An Omaha, Nebraska, soybean processor is moving ahead with a $38 million expansion of its biodiesel plant south of Sioux City that will nearly double production of the soy-based fuel.
- How the Omaha zoo gets its animals Updated: Nov-21-15 11:02 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - When the zoo wants to buy an animal, like its three recently acquired giraffes, it uses a sort of animal matchmaker.
- Omaha native, baseball standout Kyle Peterson gets OPC honor Updated: Nov-21-15 7:01 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha native and former Major League player and ESPN baseball analyst Kyle Peterson is the latest person honored as the 147th Face on the Barroom Floor.
- Omaha man gets 5- to 6-year prison term for fatal punch Updated: Nov-19-15 8:47 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha man has been sentenced to five to six years in prison for a punch that led to the death of another Omaha man.
- ConAgra transformation continues, spins off Lamb Weston Updated: Nov-18-15 3:59 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - ConAgra is spinning off its frozen potatoes business and unloading a second major division as it works to intensify its focus on key name brand foods.
- Nebraska-Omaha defeats Missouri-Kansas City 95-89 in OT Updated: Nov-18-15 12:08 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Tre'Shawn Thurman scored a career-high 30 points with 11 rebounds as Nebraska-Omaha defeated Missouri-Kansas City 95-89 in overtime on Tuesday night.
- Omaha school officials discuss possible virtual school Updated: Nov-17-15 12:18 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Omaha Public Schools superintendent has proposed offering online classes through a district-run virtual school.
- Head of Sioux Falls Sports Authority leaving for Omaha job Updated: Nov-17-15 10:09 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls Sports Authority Executive Director Wes Hall is leaving to take the top job at the Omaha Sports Commission in Nebraska.
- Muslim group calls for probe of vandalism at Omaha mosque Updated: Nov-16-15 1:15 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A Muslim civil rights group wants the FBI and local police to investigate as a possible hate crime vandalism that may be related to the Paris terror attacks.
- Omaha program helps Karen community retain its language Updated: Nov-16-15 11:31 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha program is working to help children from Myanmar nurture their roots by devoting time to their native language.
- Former Creighton President Schlegel dies at 72 Updated: Nov-16-15 6:15 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Rev. John Schlegel, who led Creighton University in Omaha for more than a decade, has died at the age of 72.
- Omaha public ice skating rink to open this month Updated: Nov-16-15 5:01 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The University of Nebraska Medical Center will open its outdoor public skating rink later this month, following the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Man sued by his mother-in-law and sister-in-law over losses Updated: Nov-15-15 8:24 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha man's mother-in-law and sister-in-law say he mishandled their investments and cost them more than $1 million.
- Lincoln on track to be homicide-free in 2015 Updated: Nov-15-15 10:12 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - In a year that has seen cities across the country reporting a spike in violent crimes and homicides, Nebraska's capital city of Lincoln finds itself in the rare position of experiencing no homicides so far this year.
- UNMC doctor will talk about latest health technology Updated: Nov-15-15 5:01 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Technology is making it possible to monitor your health in new ways.