- Va. leaders honor law enforcement who died in line of duty Updated: May-06-15 2:26 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe and law enforcement leaders are paying tribute to a Norfolk police officer and a Spotsylvania County deputy sheriff who both died while on duty.
- Va. museum to unveil portrait of US President James Monroe Updated: Apr-22-15 3:07 am
FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia - A painting of the nation's fifth president is being unveiled at the James Monroe Museum in Fredericksburg this weekend.
- Authorities say Mary Washington student was strangled Updated: Apr-21-15 12:17 pm
FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia - Authorities say a University of Mary Washington student found slain in a Fredericksburg house had been strangled.
- Virginia Railway Express fares to increase on July 1 Updated: Apr-20-15 7:41 am
DALE CITY, Virginia - The cost of a Virginia Railway Express ticket will increase by 4 percent beginning July 1.
- Fredericksburg paper takes VPA Sweepstakes Award Updated: Apr-18-15 11:04 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - The Free Lance-Star of Fredericksburg, the Northern Virginia Daily of Strasburg and Style Weekly of Richmond received the sweepstakes awards for news, advertising and general excellence Saturday at the annual meeting of the Virginia Press Association in Roanoke.
- Roommate charged in Virginia university student's death Updated: Apr-18-15 2:26 pm
FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia - The University of Mary Washington offered counseling to students Saturday after the slaying of a student and the arrest of her roommate on charges that he killed her.
- University of Mary Washington president to retire in '16 Updated: Apr-17-15 10:35 am
FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia - University of Mary Washington President Richard V. Hurley has announced his retirement next year.
- UMW drops test requirement for high-achieving applicants Updated: Apr-17-15 8:02 am
FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia - Students with a high school grade-point average of at least 3.5 won't have to take standardized admissions tests to be admitted to the University of Mary Washington.
- 3 people arrested at protest of Mary Washington investments Updated: Apr-16-15 7:23 am
FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia - University of Mary Washington police have arrested three people who refused to leave a sit-in protesting the school's investments in fossil fuels.
- Nonprofit to manage battlefield land in Orange County Updated: Apr-12-15 2:38 pm
ORANGE, Virginia - A nonprofit will help the state manage 48 acres in Orange County near the Wilderness Battlefield that once was eyed by Wal-Mart Stores Inc. for a store.