- Seoul: NK artillery launched near Chinese flight Updated: Mar-05-14 11:32 pm
- Missionary says North Korea interrogated him daily Updated: Mar-05-14 8:37 am
- North Korea deports Australian missionary Updated: Mar-02-14 11:56 pm
- SKorean missionary jailed in North seeks mercy Updated: Feb-27-14 9:55 am
- As tearful Korean reunions end, more seen unlikely Updated: Feb-25-14 4:11 am
- Far from Sochi, North Koreans hone skiing skills Updated: Feb-23-14 4:08 am
- Australia unaware where NKorea holding missionary Updated: Feb-20-14 8:49 am
- Family: Australian missionary held in North Korea Updated: Feb-19-14 8:36 pm
- In China, Kerry talks NKorea, regional tensions Updated: Feb-14-14 2:53 pm
- Family of American detained in North Korea reacts Updated: Feb-10-14 6:53 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean officials on Thursday criticized a North Korean artillery launch that they say happened minutes before a Chinese commercial plane reportedly carrying 202 people flew in the same area.
CANBERRA, Australia - An Australian missionary detained in North Korea for trying to spread Christianity said Wednesday he was interrogated for four hours a day and kept under 24-hour guard during his grueling 13-day investigation.
BEIJING - North Korea on Monday deported an Australian missionary detained for spreading Christianity in the country, saying he apologized for his anti-state religious acts and requested forgiveness.
PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korea on Thursday presented to the media a South Korean Baptist missionary who it says was arrested more than four months ago for allegedly trying to establish underground Christian churches in the country. With officials watching, he said he was sorry for his "anti-state" crimes.
SEOUL, South Korea - The 88-year-old North Korean man stretched his arms out the bus window to grasp the hands of his South Korean sister one final time before the end of rare reunions Tuesday between hundreds of family members separated for decades by war and politics.
MASIK PASS, North Korea - For North Korean skiers, Sochi was a distant dream. The country didn't send a single athlete to the Winter Olympics and has never won a downhill medal. But as the rest of the world watches this year's Olympic pageant wrap up in Russia, North Koreans are flocking to the slopes of a lavish new ski resort all their own - and many have a gold medal in mind four years from now, when the winter games will be held in South Korea.
MANILA, Philippines - Australia's foreign minister said Thursday her government was trying to find out where an Australian missionary was being held and what his condition was in North Korea.
HONG KONG - Australia's prime minister on Thursday urged citizens abroad to obey the laws of foreign countries after an Australian missionary who carried Christian pamphlets was detained in North Korea.
BEIJING - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Friday he had won a commitment from China to help bring a belligerent North Korea back to nuclear disarmament talks, even as he butted heads with Chinese leaders over a series of increasingly aggressive steps Beijing has taken to assert itself in territorial disputes with its smaller neighbors.
SEATTLE - The family of a Washington state man imprisoned in North Korea for more than a year expressed alarm and sadness Monday after an invitation was cancelled for a U.S. envoy to visit Pyongyang and discuss Kenneth Bae's release.