- Envoys from S. Korea, US, Japan discuss N.Korean nuke threat Updated: May-27-15 2:53 am
SEOUL, South Korea - The top nuclear envoys from South Korea, the United States and Japan agreed Wednesday on the need to increase pressure on North Korea and urged the country to engage in serious negotiations on its expanding nuclear weapons program.
- UN chief to visit inter-Korean factory park in North Korea Updated: May-19-15 8:01 am
SEOUL, South Korea - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said Tuesday that he will visit an inter-Korean factory park just north of the two Koreas' heavily fortified border, saying he hopes his trip to the last major cooperation project between the rivals helps improve ties.
- Kerry singles out North Korea for Internet abuse Updated: May-18-15 4:28 am
SEOUL, South Korea - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is singling out North Korea for repressing its citizens' use of the Internet, calling open and secure cyber access a global right.
- Kerry slams North Korea, vows security for South Updated: May-18-15 2:43 am
SEOUL, South Korea - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday accused North Korea of a litany of crimes and atrocities while reassuring South Korea of America's "ironclad" security commitments.
- North Korea says it tests ballistic missile from submarine Updated: May-09-15 8:07 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korea said Saturday that it successfully test-fired a newly developed ballistic missile from a submarine in what would be the latest display of the country's advancing military capabilities. Hours after the announcement, South Korean officials said the North fired three anti-ship cruise missiles into the sea off its east coast.
- For most, N. Korean online shopping not just a click away Updated: May-06-15 4:41 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - Online shopping has arrived in North Korea, though it's as isolated from the rest of the world as the country itself, and the vast majority of North Koreans lack the technology to use it.
- Review: 'North Korea Confidential' shows world slipping in Updated: May-04-15 9:40 am
"North Korea Confidential" (Tuttle Publishing), by Daniel Tudor and James Pearson
- North Korea officially squelches speculation of Kim trip Updated: May-04-15 5:55 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korea announced Monday that the head of its parliament will attend this month's Victory Day celebration in Moscow, squelching speculation that supreme leader Kim Jong Un would use the event to make his international debut.