- Australia appoints 2 new counterterrorism coordinators Updated: May-25-15 1:39 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia on Monday moved to increase cooperation between its security agencies against the threat of Islamic State group militants by appointing two new counterterrorism coordinators.
- From middle-class Australian to Islamic State bride Updated: May-20-15 9:18 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - Quietly - almost secretly - Zehra Duman morphed from private school student to Islamic State bride and online recruiter for the movement. Her family did not see it coming.
- Melbourne Victory win A-League title, beat Sydney FC 3-0 Updated: May-17-15 6:47 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Albanian striker Besart Berisha added to his team-leading goal total in the biggest match of the season, helping the Melbourne Victory to a 3-0 win over Sydney FC in the A-League grand final Sunday.
- Stuttgart, Germany awarded 2019 world gymnastics titles Updated: May-16-15 10:09 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - The International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) has awarded the 2019 world championships to Stuttgart, Germany.
- Gymnastics federation reduces Olympic team sizes to 4 from 5 Updated: May-15-15 9:42 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - The International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) said Saturday it had approved "with an overwhelming majority" a new format that will see the number of gymnasts in the team competition be reduced from five gymnasts to four for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
- A-League final: anybody got a ticket for Sydney vs Victory? Updated: May-14-15 8:33 pm
The Melbourne Victory will host Sydney FC in the A-League's grand final on Sunday in a stadium that, quite frankly, is only about half as big as they'd prefer.
- Cricket Australia orders review into Phillip Hughes death Updated: May-14-15 2:33 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Cricket Australia will commission an independent review into the death of batsman Phillip Hughes in an attempt to prevent such on-field accidents from occurring in the future.
- WADA to appeal decision in Essendon supplements case Updated: May-11-15 11:54 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - The World Anti-Doping Agency is set to appeal against the Australian Football League anti-doping tribunal's findings in the Essendon supplements case.
- Sydney FC advances to A-League grand final against Victory Updated: May-09-15 8:03 am
SYDNEY - Captain Alex Brosque scored goals minutes before and after halftime Saturday to lead Sydney FC to a 4-1 win over Adelaide United and a berth in the A-League grand final against the Melbourne Victory.
- Melbourne City beats Wellington 2-0 in A-League playoff Updated: May-03-15 5:20 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Melbourne City will meet top-ranked Melbourne Victory in a semifinal derby after beating Wellington 2-0 Sunday in a playoff match in Australian football's A-League.
- Melbourne Victory finish A-League season in 1st place Updated: Apr-26-15 5:33 am
SYDNEY - Adelaide United will play Brisbane and Wellington will host Melbourne City in next weekend's first round of playoff matches in Australian football's A-League.