- Lions beat Bills 17-10 in preseason finale Updated: Sep-04-15 12:15 am
DETROIT - TJ Jones boosted his chances of staying in Detroit, turning a short pass into a 64-yard touchdown to help the Lions beat the Buffalo Bills 17-10 Thursday night.
- NY cities update emergency plans to deal with oil trains Updated: Sep-03-15 9:46 am
ALBANY, New York - Three years after the Port of Albany became a major hub for rail and barge shipments of highly flammable crude oil from North Dakota, emergency management officials are still grappling with training and response plans to deal with a potential disaster like the devastating derailment and explosion that killed 47 people in Quebec two summers ago.
- Pro lacrosse scoring leader Tavares retiring after 24 years Updated: Sep-02-15 3:33 pm
BUFFALO, New York - After 24 seasons, professional lacrosse's all-time leading scorer is moving on to coaching.
- Ex-Buffalo police officer who stole on duty to be sentenced Updated: Sep-02-15 3:07 am
BUFFALO, New York - A Buffalo police officer who was fired after stealing $130 from a woman's purse faces sentencing.
- Bills cutting Jackson surprises safety Aaron Williams Updated: Aug-31-15 7:27 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Bills safety Aaron Williams had tears welling in his eyes and wore his emotions on his back upon learning the team had cut Fred Jackson.
- Taylor named Bills starting quarterback over Manuel, Cassel Updated: Aug-31-15 6:11 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Quarterback Tyrod Taylor, who goes by the nickname "T-Mobile," got the call to be the Buffalo Bills' season-opening starter.
- Manuel excels in Bills' 43-19 preseason win over Steelers Updated: Aug-29-15 9:24 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Rex Ryan said it's finally time to select the Buffalo Bills starting quarterback.
- Upstate tour helps new NY speaker find his footing Updated: Aug-29-15 11:10 am
ALBANY, New York - The new leader of the New York state Assembly has spent much of the summer visiting Buffalo, Syracuse and other upstate communities in what he says is an effort to better understand the challenges facing parts of the state that sometimes feel neglected by Albany.
- Seneca Indian Nation to expand Buffalo casino Updated: Aug-28-15 5:49 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The Seneca Nation of Indians says it will expand its Buffalo casino.
- EJ Manuel to start at QB against Steelers in exhibition Updated: Aug-27-15 4:11 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Don't count EJ Manuel out of the Buffalo Bills quarterback competition just yet.
- University police: Buffalo forward Moss accused of stealing Updated: Aug-27-15 12:08 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Forward Justin Moss was one of three Buffalo men's basketball players accused of stealing $650 out of a dorm room in June, some three months before the Mid-American Conference player of the year was dropped from the team.
- "Craft wings" the feature at Buffalo chicken wing festival Updated: Aug-27-15 3:05 am
BUFFALO, New York - Buffalo's emerging craft beer scene will be part of the city's annual chicken wing festival this year. Organizers say the specialty beers will be paired with featured "craft wings."
- Western NY homes used by family drug ring being demolished Updated: Aug-25-15 5:38 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Six houses in Buffalo that were once used by a family of drug dealers are being demolished by authorities.
- Paul McCartney includes Buffalo in 'Out There' tour Updated: Aug-25-15 10:19 am
BUFFALO, New York - Paul McCartney has included a stop in Buffalo to his "Out There" tour.
- Feds: Florida man sentenced for $10M mortgage fraud scheme Updated: Aug-25-15 7:07 am
BUFFALO, New York - Federal prosecutors say a Florida man has been sentenced to more than seven years in prison for a $10 million mortgage fraud scheme that targeted a Buffalo-based bank and other financial institutions.
- Woman dies after being hit by car; driver charged with DWI Updated: Aug-24-15 7:28 am
BUFFALO, New York - Police say a 54-year-old man has been charged with vehicular manslaughter and driving while intoxicated after a pedestrian was fatally struck in a Buffalo neighborhood.
- Another sculpture added to Buffalo's public art collection Updated: Aug-23-15 9:16 am
BUFFALO, New York - The latest addition to Buffalo's expanding public art collection is a bronze sculpture called "Eden" installed in the city's Elmwood Village.
- Schumer calls for enhanced solar power tax credits Updated: Aug-23-15 9:04 am
BUFFALO, New York - U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer says the federal government needs to do a better job of encouraging solar power projects.
- Bills' Jackson, Watkins return to practice Updated: Aug-22-15 6:00 pm
PITTSFORD, New York - The Buffalo Bills are starting to get healthy again.
- Bowe, Johnson back at practice for Browns Updated: Aug-22-15 4:08 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Dwayne Bowe and Duke Johnson finally got off their bikes and into the huddle.
- Browns still satisfied with McCown over Manziel as starter Updated: Aug-21-15 5:30 pm
CLEVELAND - Josh McCown's right ring finger isn't badly injured. Still, the Browns won't let him raise his index finger just yet.
- AP-NY--New York News Digest,ADVISORY, 1:30 pm Update, NY Updated: Aug-21-15 2:08 pm
NEW YORK - Members can send stories and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org for upstate and email@example.com for the New York metro area. The New York City desk can be reached at 212-621-1670. The Albany desk can be reached at 518-458-7821. The photo desk is reachable at 212-621-1902. AP stories, along with the photos that accompany them, can also be obtained from http://www.apexchange.com .
- No criminal charges against driver who struck 2 kids in park Updated: Aug-21-15 1:16 pm
BUFFALO, New York - A driver who is believed to have fallen asleep before striking two children in a Buffalo park, killing one, will not face criminal charges.
- New leader named for Buffalo FBI office Updated: Aug-21-15 3:05 am
BUFFALO, New York - An FBI agent with experience investigating Internet and international terrorism has been chosen to lead the agency's Buffalo office.
- Former auto bureau rep took bribes for passing permit exams Updated: Aug-20-15 3:07 am
BUFFALO, New York - A former auto bureau clerk admits he took bribes from people seeking learner's permits.