- Measure to close Buffalo-area bars at 2 a.m. gets rejected Updated: Feb-05-16 8:46 am
BUFFALO, New York - Bars in the Buffalo area can continue to have last call at 4 a.m. after the Erie County Legislature rejected a measure that would have pushed closing time back to 2 a.m.
- Ryan Spooner leads Bruins past Sabres 3-2 in shootout Updated: Feb-04-16 11:49 pm
- Buffalo Sabres, cancer center launch prevention campaign Updated: Feb-04-16 3:10 am
BUFFALO, New York - The Buffalo Sabres and an upstate cancer center have announced a partnership aimed at helping hockey fans prevent and detect cancer.
- Buffalo announced as site of New York Republican convention Updated: Feb-03-16 3:05 am
BUFFALO, New York - Buffalo has been chosen the site of the 2016 New York State Republican Convention.
- From O'Brien to Vinatieri, Super Bowl's most crucial kicks Updated: Feb-03-16 2:13 am
SAN FRANCISCO - When the Super Bowl comes down to the kicker, all eyes are on the smallest, least athletic guy on the field.
- Worker injured when 1,200-lb. slab of granite falls on him Updated: Feb-02-16 9:17 am
WHEATFIELD, New York - Authorities say an employee of a Ohio company is hospitalized with injuries to his back and legs after a slab of granite weighing more than half a ton fell on him at a western New York business
- Woman charged with setting rooming house fire that killed 2 Updated: Feb-02-16 7:38 am
BUFFALO, New York - Police have charged a 40-year-old woman with murder and arson in connection with the deaths of two men in a fire at a Buffalo rooming house last fall.
- Feds indict western NY man on multiple bank robbery charges Updated: Feb-02-16 6:48 am
BUFFALO, New York - Federal officials say a 37-year-old man is accused of being behind a string of bank robberies in western New York.
- Postal carrier admits handling drug deliveries for bribes Updated: Jan-29-16 3:10 am
BUFFALO, New York - Federal prosecutors say a 56-year-old postal carrier has pleaded guilty to bribery for taking money from Buffalo drug dealers in exchange for handling drug deliveries.
- New York doc guilty of fraudulently prescribing painkillers Updated: Jan-29-16 3:08 am
BUFFALO, New York - A western New York doctor has pleaded guilty to improperly prescribing painkillers, some of which he took himself.
- Former NY nurse admits to stealing pain meds from patients Updated: Jan-28-16 6:35 am
BUFFALO, New York - A 54-year-old woman has admitted to injecting herself with her patients' pain medications and refilling medicine bottles with useless saline while she worked as a nurse at a western New York hospital.
- Ryan O'Reilly making All-Star impact in 1st year in Buffalo Updated: Jan-27-16 1:50 pm
BUFFALO, New York - It's a half hour after practice, and not all of the Buffalo Sabres are off the ice. When coach Dan Bylsma's formal session ends, forward Ryan O'Reilly takes over by working a handful of teammates through a series of drills.
- Sabres enter NHL All-Star break by demoting 3 to minors Updated: Jan-27-16 12:14 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The Buffalo Sabres have assigned three forwards to the minors as the team enters its weeklong NHL All-Star break.
- Ex-public defender gets 5 years for pot-growing operation Updated: Jan-27-16 7:24 am
BUFFALO, New York - A former western New York public defender is heading to prison after admitting he had guns to protect his marijuana-growing operation.
- Buffalo downs Ball State 76-64 behind Bearden Updated: Jan-26-16 9:38 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Lamonte Bearden scored 18 points with six assists, Blake Hamilton added 14 points and grabbed nine rebounds and Buffalo beat Ball State 76-64 on Tuesday night.
- Brassard has career-high 5 points, Rangers beat Sabres 6-3 Updated: Jan-25-16 11:31 pm
NEW YORK - Derick Brassard ended a month of scoring woes with the best night by a New York Rangers' player in five years.
- Former NY doctor sentenced for bogus pain prescriptions Updated: Jan-25-16 1:18 pm
BUFFALO, New York - A former physician has been sentenced to two years in prison for illegally writing prescriptions for painkillers that prosecutors say contributed to western New York's opioid epidemic.
- Honor Flight Buffalo to dissolve; coordinated 18 flights Updated: Jan-24-16 9:01 am
BUFFALO, New York - The Buffalo chapter of an organization that flies World War II veterans to Washington is dissolving.
- NFL's first female scout applauds Bills' coach hiring Updated: Jan-23-16 9:11 pm
NEW YORK - Armed with notepads, pens and a keen eye for talent, Connie Carberg is still scouting football players.
- Rookie Dylan Larkin leads Red Wings to 3-0 win over Sabres Updated: Jan-22-16 11:10 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Dylan Larkin took a stick to the face before taking over for the Detroit Red Wings.
- Ryan saw Kathryn Smith's coaching potential with the Jets Updated: Jan-22-16 6:11 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Bills coach Rex Ryan remembers the first moment he had an inkling of Kathryn Smith's potential to one day become an assistant coaching candidate.
- Holtby expected to be OK after leaving game with dehydration Updated: Jan-17-16 9:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Goaltender Braden Holtby is expected to be OK after leaving the Washington Capitals' game against the New York Rangers on Sunday because of dehydration.
- Williams has hat trick; Capitals bounce back, beat Rangers Updated: Jan-17-16 9:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Justin Williams remembered that the last time he recorded a hat trick was 2006 when he played for the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Western New York driver pleads guilty in motorcyclist death Updated: Jan-17-16 7:01 am
BUFFALO, New York - A drunken driver who crashed into the back of a motorcycle at a traffic light has pleaded guilty to vehicular manslaughter.
- Kane and Johnson help Sabres beat Capitals and Holtby, 4-1 Updated: Jan-16-16 11:25 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Phil Varone barely slept last night and Tim Schaller hadn't scored in more than a year. Together, they helped the Buffalo Sabres hand Washington goalie Braden Holtby a rare loss.