- Fire breaks out at Hagerstown Volvo plant Updated: Aug-27-15 11:20 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Officials say a fire broke out in a decommissioned cooling tower at the Volvo Group Trucks plant in western Maryland, but was quickly contained.
- Hagerstown medical marijuana-growing facility proposed Updated: Aug-27-15 9:28 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - The president of a newly formed medical marijuana company has proposed an indoor-growing facility in Hagerstown.
- Man pleads guilty in death of homeless man in Maryland Updated: Aug-26-15 1:16 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - A homeless man charged in the death of another homeless man in Hagerstown has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.
- Woman gets 5 years for texting in fatal crash Updated: Aug-24-15 6:42 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - A western Maryland woman who prosecutors say was texting while driving when she hit and killed a bicyclist has been sentenced to five years in prison.
- Officials find neglected horses with 3-foot-long hooves Updated: Aug-24-15 11:16 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - The Humane Society of Washington County is investigating a situation that recently resulted in the euthanization of a miniature mare and the rescue of two emaciated horses from a property in Washington County.
- West Virginia man gets prison time for pot shipment Updated: Aug-21-15 3:22 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - A West Virginia man is going to prison in Maryland for shipping himself 60 pounds of marijuana from California.
- Man killed in early morning shooting in Hagerstown Updated: Aug-20-15 3:53 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Police in Hagerstown are investigating a fatal shooting in a neighborhood a few blocks north of the central business district.
- Trial dates set for 3 in boy's fatal beating over cake Updated: Aug-19-15 11:38 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Trial dates have been set for three people accused of fatally beating a 9-year-old boy over a missing piece of birthday cake.
- EPA, 16 companies reach deal on cleanup of Hagerstown site Updated: Aug-17-15 5:26 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has reached a settlement with 16 companies for cleaning up the Central Chemical Superfund site in Hagerstown.
- Hagerstown police chief to retire after 26 years of service Updated: Aug-13-15 9:55 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - The chief of the Hagerstown Police Department has announced his plans to retire after 26 years of service.
- Man pleads guilty to stabbing woman he met to buy video game Updated: Aug-11-15 8:53 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - A man who prosecutors say slit the throat of a woman he met to buy a video game from has pleaded guilty to assault and robbery.
- Engineers continuing to assess damage to historic park tower Updated: Aug-10-15 6:20 am
BOONSBORO, Maryland - Engineers with the Maryland Department of Natural Resources are continuing to assess the damage to a 188-year-old stone monument in Washington County, after it was struck by lightning in June.
- 2 arrested at Maryland airports for gun possession Updated: Aug-07-15 1:16 pm
BALTIMORE - Transportation Security Administration officials say two men were arrested for bringing loaded guns into Maryland airports.
- Writing conference Nora Roberts helped launch in 3rd year Updated: Aug-07-15 8:31 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - A western Maryland fiction-writing conference that Nora Roberts helped launch is losing her name but retaining her support.
- No charges against police in Maryland stun gun death Updated: Aug-06-15 3:48 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Five Hagerstown police officers involved in the stun-gun-related death of a home invasion suspect won't be criminally charged, authorities said Thursday, citing an autopsy report's finding that the man died from drug-induced "excited delirium in the setting of police restraint."
- Mother pleads not guilty in birthday cake beating case Updated: Jul-31-15 8:30 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - The mother of a 9-year-old boy who was fatally beaten over what police say was a piece of missing birthday cake has pleaded not guilty to murder and child abuse charges.