- Suspect charged in fatal shooting of Brooklyn cab driver Updated: Jul-03-15 7:04 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD has arrested a suspect in connection with the shooting of a livery cab driver found dead in the front seat of a car in Brooklyn.
- NYPD: Private garbage truck hits, kills woman in Brooklyn Updated: Jul-03-15 5:34 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD says a 46-year-old woman died after being hit by a garbage truck while crossing a Brooklyn street.
- Brooklyn man gets prison time in biker melee Updated: Jul-02-15 6:41 am
NEW YORK - A New York man who took part in a 2013 assault on a sport utility driver by a group of motorcyclists is heading to prison.
- Pedestrian critically injured after Brooklyn crash Updated: Jul-01-15 7:05 pm
NEW YORK - A pedestrian has been critically injured after being struck by an out-of-control car in Brooklyn.
- NYPD: Student's selfie on Brooklyn Bridge railing illegal Updated: Jul-01-15 6:17 am
NEW YORK - The New York Police Department says a college student who perched on a Brooklyn Bridge side railing while taking a selfie was acting in an "irresponsible" and "illegal" manner.
- New York proposal would limit for-hire vehicles during study Updated: Jun-30-15 11:25 pm
NEW YORK - Staff and drivers for ride-hailing company Uber gathered outside City Hall on Tuesday to protest legislation that would put limits on for-hire vehicles while the city conducts a study on whether the sharp growth of the industry has an impact on traffic congestion.
- Private towers fund NYC waterfront public park Updated: Jun-30-15 9:38 pm
NEW YORK - Brooklyn is taking the next step toward turning New York City's most populated borough into a 21st century residential enclave - with two private towers helping fund 85 acres of public parkland set against the Manhattan skyline, officials announced Tuesday.
- NYPD: Man struck and killed as car backs up Updated: Jun-30-15 6:40 am
NEW YORK - New York City police say a man was struck and killed as a car parked in Brooklyn began to back up.
- Pre-Civil War baseball team card going on the auction block Updated: Jun-30-15 2:01 am
NEW YORK - For decades, a circa 1860s Brooklyn Atlantics team baseball card was tucked away, first inside a secret drawer of a bedroom set and then between the pages of a photo album.
- Brooklyn marine terminal is reactivated as shipping hub Updated: Jun-29-15 3:22 pm
NEW YORK - City, state and federal officials say a New York City marine terminal is reopening as a shipping hub.
- Central Park car ban goes into effect on Monday Updated: Jun-28-15 2:59 pm
NEW YORK - A ban on cars in Central Park north of 72nd Street is going into effect starting Monday.
- NYPD says teachers' assistant groped 13-year-old girl Updated: Jun-26-15 9:31 am
NEW YORK - Police say a teacher's assistant has been arrested for groping a 13-year-old girl with Down syndrome near the Brooklyn school where he works.
- NY man sentenced for killing pregnant girlfriend Updated: Jun-25-15 3:50 pm
NEW YORK - A Brooklyn man has been sentenced to 17 years in prison for fatally shooting his pregnant girlfriend.
- Food and art at the beach: Coney Art Walls Updated: Jun-25-15 3:15 pm
NEW YORK - Summer fun at Coney Island just got some new attractions in addition to the beach and amusement park rides. Now visitors can enjoy colorful murals and artisanal food vendors selling everything from truffle fries to hibiscus ice pops.
- Prosecutor filings detail fatal stairwell shooting by NYPD Updated: Jun-23-15 11:00 pm
NEW YORK - A rookie police officer was arguing with his partner over who should call their supervisor in the chaotic moments after he'd accidentally fired his gun into a darkened stairwell of a public housing complex, and he did nothing to help when he discovered later that he'd mortally wounded an unarmed man, the prosecution says in court papers.
- NYC to pay $6.25 million to man cleared in 1989 killing Updated: Jun-23-15 7:07 pm
NEW YORK - New York City has agreed to pay $6.25 million to a man who spent nearly 25 years in prison before being exonerated in a killing that happened while he was more than 1,000 miles away vacationing at Disney World, the city comptroller said Tuesday.
- NYPD: Man fatally shot in head in Brooklyn Updated: Jun-22-15 5:47 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD says a man is dead after he was shot in the head in Brooklyn.
- Lawsuit seeks to memorialize a less heroic side of 9/11 Updated: Jun-21-15 2:46 pm
NEW YORK - It has been nearly 14 years since the Sept. 11 attacks, but a lawsuit on behalf of Muslims rounded up in the aftermath has barely moved forward as lawyers try to show how frightening it was for hundreds of men with no ties to terrorism to be treated like terrorists, locked up and abused for months at a time.
- Mermaids, aquatic creatures turn out for Coney Island parade Updated: Jun-20-15 5:50 pm
NEW YORK - Tens of thousands of revelers turned out Saturday for Coney Island's 33rd annual Mermaid Parade despite gray skies and steady drizzle.
- NYC mayor's son and campaign star graduates from high school Updated: Jun-19-15 7:39 pm
NEW YORK - New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, who was propelled to office in part by a campaign ad featuring his son talking about racial injustice, spoke at the teenager's graduation ceremony on Friday and returned to that theme, imploring students not to give in to cynicism in the wake of the South Carolina church shooting.
- Police officer slashed, suspect shot dead outside NYC subway Updated: Jun-18-15 5:59 pm
NEW YORK - A New York City police officer shot and killed a knife-wielding man on Thursday after the officer was slashed in the neck while trying to stop the man from assaulting an elderly woman, authorities said.
- 2 men charged after officer menaced with a knife shoots man Updated: Jun-18-15 5:44 am
NEW YORK - Authorities say two men have been charged after police shot a man suspected of stealing tires last week in Brooklyn.
- NY authorities charge Brooklyn landlord in evictions case Updated: Jun-17-15 5:43 pm
NEW YORK - Authorities brought criminal charges Wednesday against a landlord they say drove tenants out of rent-regulated apartments by doing construction and demolition at his building and shutting off the heat.
- NYC residents express outrage after rent regulations expire Updated: Jun-16-15 2:54 pm
NEW YORK - Lynda Williams woke up Tuesday in her Brooklyn apartment of 34 years wondering about her future there, after the state's decades-old rent regulations expired overnight.
- Judge: Stalled Brooklyn project can proceed Updated: Jun-15-15 8:05 am
NEW YORK - A judge has ruled construction can proceed on a hotel and condominium complex that blocks some views of the Brooklyn Bridge.