- Lucie Safarova wins Prague Open for 7th career WTA title Updated: Apr-30-16 9:03 am
PRAGUE - Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic came from a set down to win the Prague Open, overcoming Sam Stosur of Australia 3-6, 6-1, 6-4 in the final on Saturday.
- Gorilla gives birth unexpectedly at Prague zoo Updated: Apr-25-16 9:06 am
PRAGUE - It was an unexpected birth that took everyone at the Prague zoo by surprise.
- Talks stalled, Syrian opposition to stay in Geneva next week Updated: Apr-22-16 2:00 am
BEIRUT - The Latest on Syria's civil war and peace talks in Geneva (all times local):
- Czech policeman drinks and drives, hits 51 parked cars Updated: Apr-14-16 8:41 am
PRAGUE - Czech police say one of their officers drank too much and crashed his Jeep Grand Cherokee into a total of 51 parked cars in Prague.
- Deal signed to improve security of Czech Jewish sites Updated: Apr-05-16 12:37 pm
PRAGUE - The Czech Interior Ministry says it has signed an agreement with representatives of the Jewish community to better protect Jewish sites in Prague and across the country.
- 1st elephant conceived and born in Prague zoo's history Updated: Apr-05-16 10:02 am
PRAGUE - Prague zoo has announced the arrival of the first elephant both conceived and born at the zoo.
- In race to improve batteries, nanotechnology provides hope Updated: Apr-04-16 11:21 am
PRAGUE - In the global race to create more efficient and long-lasting batteries, some are betting on nanotechnology - the use of minuscule parts - as the most likely to yield a breakthrough.
- Former German foreign minister Genscher dies at 89 Updated: Apr-01-16 5:08 pm
BERLIN - Hans-Dietrich Genscher, the longest-serving German foreign minister who was one of the key architects of the country's 1990 reunification between east and west, has died at 89.
- Wife of Czech ex-PM to face again abuse of power trial Updated: Mar-31-16 11:09 am
PRAGUE - An appeals court has canceled the acquittal of the wife of former Czech Prime Minister Petr Necas of abuse of power charges in a case that brought down his government.