- 3 suspected of terror attack on train in Czech Republic Updated: May-06-15 7:49 am
PRAGUE - A prosecution official says Czech authorities have detained three suspects for allegedly planning a terrorist attack on a train.
- Report: harassment, threats against Czech Jews rise Updated: May-04-15 9:52 am
PRAGUE - A new report by Prague's Jewish community has registered a significant increase of cases of harassment and threats against Jews last year.
- Kenya's Kandie wins Prague international marathon Updated: May-03-15 6:30 am
PRAGUE - Felix Kipchirchir Kandie of Kenya won the Prague International Marathon on Sunday while Yebrgual Melese of Ethiopia claimed the women's race.
- Top-seeded Karolina Pliskova wins Prague Open for 4th title Updated: May-02-15 8:06 am
PRAGUE - Top-seeded Karolina Pliskova rallied from a set down to claim her fourth WTA title by defeating qualifier Lucie Hradecka 4-6, 7-5, 6-3 in an all-Czech final of the Prague Open on Saturday.
- Sidney Crosby to lead Canada at hockey worlds Updated: Apr-30-15 6:20 am
PRAGUE - Unlike previous editions, this year's hockey world championship is bringing out the best.
- Czech president: Russian attack on Baltics would be suicidal Updated: Apr-21-15 2:02 pm
PRAGUE - Russia is unlikely to launch a military thrust against the Baltics because President Vladimir Putin "is not suicidal," Czech President Milos Zeman said Tuesday.
- Former Czech PM Stanislav Gross dies at age 45 Updated: Apr-16-15 5:58 am
PRAGUE - Stanislav Gross, who became the Czech Republic's youngest prime minister but was forced to resign nine months later, has died at the age of 45.
- Russian sentenced in Prague over plane emergency landing Updated: Apr-13-15 10:42 am
PRAGUE - A Prague court has handed a 30 month prison sentence to a Russian who forced a passenger plane to make an emergency landing by claiming he was carrying a bomb.
- Escalator missing en route to Prague airport Updated: Apr-10-15 9:59 am
PRAGUE - The good news for visitors to the Czech capital: the newly expanded A line of Prague's subway network that opened this week will comfortably take them from downtown closer than ever to the city's international airport.
- Czech PM not opposing president's disputed Russian trip Updated: Apr-08-15 12:25 pm
PRAGUE - Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka says he is not opposing the president's trip to Moscow, the subject of Milos Zeman's dispute with the U.S. ambassador.
- Kvitova to play Fed Cup semis for Czechs against France Updated: Apr-08-15 8:03 am
PRAGUE - Petra Kvitova has returned from a month's break to play for defending champion Czech Republic in next week's Fed Cup semifinals against France.