- NC mountains experiencing drought for 1st time since 2012 Updated: Jul-27-15 4:43 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - State officials say the North Carolina mountains are experiencing drought for the first time in more than two years.
- Officials investigate inmate's death in Clay County Updated: Jul-24-15 2:04 pm
HAYESVILLE, North Carolina - Authorities are investigating the death of an inmate at the Clay County jail in Hayesville.
- 2 men receive settlement after conviction in NC man's death Updated: Jul-23-15 12:30 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Despite being considered guilty, two men have agreed to an undisclosed settlement with Buncombe County officials in a murder case the men say was botched.
- Environmental groups ask judge to dismiss part of Duke suit Updated: Jul-22-15 5:29 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A coalition of environmental groups is supporting Duke Energy's effort to dismiss part of long-running lawsuit over pollution leaking from the company's coal ash dumps.
- Asheville man sentenced for killing girlfriend's son, 4 Updated: Jul-22-15 4:20 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - An Asheville man will spend at least 18 years behind bars after pleading guilty to killing his girlfriend's young son.
- Part of Mountains-To-Sea trail closed due to small wildfire Updated: Jul-18-15 2:12 pm
NEBO, North Carolina - The National Forest Service has closed a portion of the Mountains-to-Sea trail in McDowell County because of a small wildfire,
- Man accused of causing wrecks, trying to collect insurance Updated: Jul-17-15 3:16 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Police in Asheville say a man involved in more than a dozen wrecks in three years is accused of deliberately causing the accidents and trying to collect insurance later.
- Organizers moving Moogfest from Asheville to Durham Updated: Jul-14-15 5:44 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - The multi-day music and art festival known as Moogfest will relocate to Durham in 2016.
- South Mountains State Park grows by more than 750 acres Updated: Jul-06-15 7:17 am
MORGANTON, North Carolina - A state park near Morganton has added more than 750 acres.
- Police investigating man's death after falling 10 stories Updated: Jul-06-15 6:41 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Authorities say an Asheville man has died after falling 10 stories from an apartment building.
- Affordable apartments planned for western NC teachers Updated: Jul-05-15 6:17 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Construction is expected to begin this fall on an apartment complex designed to provide reasonably priced housing for teachers in Asheville.
- Current slows for business on James River near Lynchburg Updated: Jul-04-15 10:10 am
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - The City of Lynchburg was birthed by a business on the James River.
- Police charge 4 in break-in at Asheville jewelry store Updated: Jul-02-15 3:18 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Police in Asheville say four people are facing felony charges in connection with a break-in at a jewelry store where they say $85,000 in jewelry was stolen.