- Promoter cancels 2nd Asheville music festival Updated: Mar-10-14 4:11 pm
- UNC Asheville surges past Gardner-Webb 83-71 Updated: Mar-01-14 6:50 pm
- Asheville, Charlotte, newspapers honored by AP Updated: Feb-27-14 7:22 pm
- Company cited for Candler fuel spill Updated: Feb-27-14 10:01 am
- Chimney Rock park to remain closed a bit longer Updated: Feb-26-14 3:47 pm
- Investigators seek cause for NC mountain wildfire Updated: Feb-26-14 7:01 am
- Georgia school nixes merger with Montreat College Updated: Feb-25-14 3:32 pm
- Bloomington adds craft brewers, has room for more Updated: Feb-23-14 4:53 pm
- UNC Asheville tops Coastal Carolina 100-85 Updated: Feb-22-14 5:26 pm
- DOT looks to improve I-26-NC 191 interchange Updated: Feb-22-14 1:02 pm
- UNC Asheville holds off Charleston Southern 82-71 Updated: Feb-19-14 9:23 pm
- NC DOT to build bridge at casino site Updated: Feb-19-14 6:28 am
- NC lawmakers push Duke to clean up coal ash dumps Updated: Feb-15-14 12:28 pm
- Ex-Montreat worker gets more than 3 years in jail Updated: Feb-13-14 9:53 am
- Multitude at "Moral March" protest NC GOP policies Updated: Feb-08-14 6:47 pm
- UNC Asheville sneaks past Liberty 75-72 Updated: Feb-08-14 4:36 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - The electronic music festival that a company started in Asheville after dropping its work with Moogfest won't be held a second year.
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Jaron Lane finished with 24 points and eight rebounds, and D.J. Cunningham added 11 points with 14 boards and eight blocks to help UNC Asheville defeat Gardner-Webb 83-71 on Saturday.
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - The Asheville Citizen-Times and The Charlotte Observer are among the newspapers honored for excellence in writing and editing by The Associated Press in North Carolina.
CANDLER, North Carolina - North Carolina environmental officials have cited a company in Candler that the state says spilled thousands of gallons of diesel fuel.
CHIMNEY ROCK, North Carolina - Chimney Rock State Park will remain closed for a little longer due to winter weather which delayed repairs to the entrance.
BLACK MOUNTAIN, North Carolina - Fire investigators say it could take several days to determine what started a fire that destroyed two homes in the mountains of western North Carolina.
MONTREAT, North Carolina - Officials at a Georgia school have decided not to pursue a merger with Montreat College.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Craft beer lovers who appreciate a freshly pulled pint must feel like their mugs are about to run over. But when it comes to locally brewed beer, nobody knows the Bloomington area's limit.
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Jaron Lane scored 25 points, hitting 13 of 14 free throws, as UNC Asheville topped Coastal Carolina 100-85 on Saturday.
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Transportation officials plan to hold a public meeting about how they can improve traffic at one of the busiest intersections in the North Carolina mountains.
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Andrew Rowsey scored 23 points and UNC Asheville beat Charleston Southern 82-71 Wednesday night.
MURPHY, North Carolina - The North Carolina transportation department has awarded a contract to build a bridge to the site of a casino under construction in Cherokee County.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - As federal prosecutors launch a criminal investigation into Duke Energy's massive coal ash spill on the Dan River, two North Carolina lawmakers say they will push legislation to force the nation's largest electricity provider to clean out its leaky waste dumps across the state.
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - A former Montreat College administrator has been sentenced to more than three years in prison for taking more than $270,000 from the school
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Following a year marked by hundreds of arrests and national publicity but few policy victories, leaders of the movement opposing the Republican agenda in North Carolina vowed Saturday to keep fighting and to speak clearly at the ballot box in 2014.
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Jaron Lane scored a career-high 29 points, and Andrew Rowsey added 23, as UNC Asheville sneaked past Liberty 75-72 on Saturday.