- Police charge 4 in break-in at Asheville jewelry store Updated: Jul-02-15 3:18 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Police in Asheville say four people are facing felony charges in connection with a break-in at a jewelry store where they say $85,000 in jewelry was stolen.
- Vandals target Confederate monuments in half-dozen states Updated: Jun-26-15 6:34 am
ST. LOUIS - Vandals have targeted monuments dedicated to the leaders and soldiers of the Confederacy, painting the slogan "Black lives matter" on memorials in a half-dozen states where the landmarks stand tall in parks and outside government buildings.
- State investigating an Asheville officer-involved shooting Updated: Jun-26-15 4:37 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - The State Bureau of Investigation is looking into an officer-involved shooting near Biltmore Village.
- Filming of "Dirty Dancing" remake in North Carolina delayed Updated: Jun-24-15 7:43 am
ASEHVILLE, North Carolina - A television remake of the movie "Dirty Dancing" scheduled to film in the Asheville area has been delayed.
- Asheville City Council candidate charged with shoe throwing Updated: Jun-19-15 4:27 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - An Ashveville City Council candidate has been charged with assault by shoving and throwing firecrackers and shoes, less than three weeks after he was charged with violating a domestic violence protective order.
- Asheville hotel attracts 70,000 new lodgers - honeybees Updated: Jun-12-15 12:32 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - The Renaissance Asheville Hotel has started offering 70,000 free lodging spaces to visitors. The catch? The spots are open to honeybees only.
- SoCon hoops tourneys to remain in Asheville through 2021 Updated: Jun-10-15 2:47 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Asheville and the Southern Conference basketball championships are staying together into the next decade.
- Montreat College to help Clearwater Christian students Updated: Jun-10-15 7:19 am
MONTREAT, North Carolina - Montreat College in western North Carolina is offering to allow students at Clearwater Christian College to complete their degrees as the Florida school is closing.
- Asheville works to address shortage of affordable apartments Updated: Jun-09-15 11:29 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - As Asheville wrestles with a shortage of affordable apartments, the city is considering changes to make it easier to put apartments in or near existing homes.
- Tourists vs. residents: Asheville debates spending room tax Updated: Jun-07-15 11:35 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Some leaders in Asheville think the city should spend some of its hotel room tax proceeds to pay for police or other services.
- Fewer students enrolling at western NC community colleges Updated: Jun-05-15 5:40 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - An improving economy and a dwindling unemployment rate have led to a decline in enrollment at community colleges in western North Carolina, school officials said.
- 2 armed suspects found at elementary school in custody Updated: Jun-05-15 3:10 am
FRANKLIN, North Carolina - Macon County Sheriff's Office deputies have taken two armed suspects into custody after the pair was discovered on the campus of South Macon Elementary School in Franklin.
- A-B Tech to eliminate jobs, cut budget ahead shortfall Updated: Jun-03-15 6:05 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Officials say Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College plans to eliminate positions as the school tries to balance its budget and make up an expected shortfall in state dollars.