- Man indicted for murder after fatal stabbing at church Updated: Oct-09-15 3:53 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - A federal grand jury has indicted a man on a first-degree murder count in connection with a fatal stabbing inside a church on the Cherokee Indian Reservation.
- Heavy rains bring end to drought across North Carolina Updated: Oct-08-15 5:44 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - For the first time since May 12, North Carolina is free of drought.
- No charges in man's shooting death Updated: Oct-08-15 7:09 am
HENDERSONVILLE, North Carolina - The Henderson County district attorney says a woman will not be charged in the shooting death of her husband last month.
- Untreated sewage discharged from 2 pump stations in Brevard Updated: Oct-07-15 2:42 pm
BREVARD, North Carolina - Officials in the town of Brevard say heavy rains are to blame for at least 704,000 gallons of untreated sewage being discharged from two city sewer pump stations.
- Water system transfer by N. Carolina legislature upheld Updated: Oct-06-15 2:14 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina General Assembly had constitutional power to transfer control of Asheville's water system to a regional sewer district, the state Court of Appeals ruled Tuesday in a case involving one of many recent local government interventions by the legislature.
- Police arrest man for dousing victim, setting him on fire Updated: Oct-05-15 3:41 pm
HENDERSONVILLE, North Carolina - Police in Hendersonville say a man has been arrested after they say he doused another man with gasoline and set him on fire.
- Buncombe County schools buying 5,500 electronic devices Updated: Oct-02-15 5:37 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Buncombe County school board members have agreed to award a $2.26 million contract to buy 5,500 electronic devices to distribute to elementary school students next year.
- Essentials: Asheville from the Biltmore to the honey bar Updated: Oct-01-15 11:18 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Asheville, North Carolina, is an old soul of a city renewed by a hipster vibe. Attractions range from new beer breweries and a honey bar to the 120-year-old Biltmore mansion. You can see artists at work in the River Arts District, then go for a hike in the Blue Ridge Mountains. And while there's plenty to do year-round, fall is particularly lovely. Foliage usually peaks mid- to late October, but depending on weather, color at lower elevations can last into November.
- North Carolina distilleries can begin limited sales Updated: Oct-01-15 6:53 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - North Carolina distilleries can now begin limited sales directly to customers.
- 3 die in wreck on Interstate 40 near Asheville Updated: Sep-29-15 7:23 am
OTEEN, North Carolina - An Old Fort couple and their 10-month-old son have died in a wreck on Interstate 40 east of Asheville.
- 3 injured when camper explodes in East Tennessee Updated: Sep-28-15 10:57 am
DANDRIDGE, Tennessee - Officials say three people have been injured when a camper exploded in East Tennessee.
- Arrested drug suspect faces charges in 2013 Asheville death Updated: Sep-27-15 11:30 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Asheville police say a 29-year-old man originally arrested on a charge of trafficking heroin has now been charged with killing a man at a motel nearly two years ago.
- 2 dead in Asheville area homicides Updated: Sep-26-15 11:03 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Transylvania County deputies are investigating two homicides in the Asheville area.
- Motorist charged after causing 18-wheeler to roll over Updated: Sep-16-15 2:11 pm
COLUMBUS, North Carolina - The N.C. Highway Patrol has charged a Polk County man with driving while intoxicated and reckless driving after troopers say he caused a tractor-trailer to go off Interstate 26 and roll over.
- See you in 2115: Asheville officials prepare time capsule Updated: Sep-14-15 4:15 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Officials are preparing to place a new time capsule inside Asheville's Vance Monument, about six months after a time capsule from 1897 was discovered inside the now-empty space.
- Company cleaning up Superfund site won't change plan Updated: Sep-13-15 12:34 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Officials with the company responsible for a Superfund site in Asheville say they won't expand the scope of a cleanup right now even though federal environmental officials say the plan is incomplete.
- Asheville free graffiti cleanup deadline is Sept. 30 Updated: Sep-12-15 11:39 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Asheville building owners have until the end of September to apply for a free graffiti cleanup program.
- 3 people hurt in building collapse in Buncombe County Updated: Sep-11-15 6:36 am
FAIRVIEW, North Carolina - Three people were hurt after a garage they were building collapsed in Buncombe County.
- Asheville council approves historic preservation plan Updated: Sep-09-15 3:47 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - The Asheville City Council has voted unanimously to establish a plan to preserve historic buildings in the city and in Buncombe County.