- Poplar Bluff man accused of arson, bomb threat Updated: Sep-30-15 9:09 am
POPLAR BLUFF, Missouri - A southeast Missouri man is jailed after allegedly setting two fires and phoning in a threat to blow up a building.
- China pact would benefit Missouri rice growers Updated: Sep-26-15 1:25 pm
POPLAR BLUFF, Missouri - Experts say rice growers in Missouri could see a boon if a sanitary protocols agreement with China is reached soon.
- Missouri woman convicted in man's death gets 12-year term Updated: Sep-22-15 10:09 am
POPLAR BLUFF, Missouri - A southeast Missouri woman has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for fatally shooting a man and an unrelated drug charge.
- Missouri House roll call on right-to-work legislation Updated: Sep-17-15 12:36 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The 96-63 roll call vote Wednesday to override Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon's veto of a measure that would prohibit union contracts with employers that allow the collection of fees from nonmembers, sometimes called right to work. The bill was 13 votes short the two-thirds majority needed to override Nixon and enact right to work.
- Teacher bitten by copperhead, returns to school next day Updated: Sep-13-15 2:09 pm
POPLAR BLUFF, Missouri - A southeast Missouri teacher didn't let a bite from a poisonous snake keep her off the job.
- Missouri man pleads guilty in baseball bat attack on parents Updated: Sep-11-15 11:11 am
NEW MADRID, Missouri - A southeastern Missouri man has pleaded guilty to felony charges related to his 2013 baseball bat attack that killed his father and critically injured his mother.