- UConn expanding role in scholarship program for New Haven Updated: Dec-01-15 11:43 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The University of Connecticut is expanding its role in the New Haven Promise college scholarship program.
- 'Dorm-room chemist' pleads guilty in college drug overdoses Updated: Nov-30-15 6:01 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A former Wesleyan University student pleaded guilty Monday to distributing drugs involved in a rash of on-campus overdoses.
- Police: 79-year-old New Haven man attacked by 5 youths Updated: Nov-30-15 7:59 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - New Haven police are investigating after a 79-year-old man walking home from work said he was beaten and robbed by a group of five youths.
- Jury selection set in suit accusing ex-NFL player of assault Updated: Nov-29-15 11:48 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A lawsuit accusing former NFL defensive end Hugh Douglas of assaulting his ex-girlfriend at a Connecticut hotel in 2013 is headed toward trial.
- 4 people meet for first time after 2 pairs of kidney swaps Updated: Nov-26-15 11:20 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Four people have met for the first time since a pair of kidney swaps at a Connecticut hospital.
- 2 arrested in attempted copper theft from old middle school Updated: Nov-26-15 9:51 am
HAMDEN, Connecticut - Police say they have arrested two New Haven men suspected of breaking into a former school building in Hamden and stealing copper pipes and wiring.
- Report: Connecticut motorists losing $5.1 billion annually Updated: Nov-24-15 3:01 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A national transportation research group released a report Tuesday that found Connecticut motorists are losing $5.1 billion annually due to congestion-related delays, higher vehicle operating costs and traffic crashes.
- Police ID New York man fatally shot in New Haven Updated: Nov-20-15 4:44 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Police have identified a New York man who was shot to death outside a New Haven residence.
- Judge: Man charged in Yale doctor murder should be medicated Updated: Nov-18-15 2:56 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Connecticut judge says a doctor accused of fatally shooting a Yale University physician should be medicated against his will so he can be competent to stand trial.
- FBI director: New Haven model for police-minority relations Updated: Nov-16-15 6:09 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - FBI Director James Comey says New Haven, Connecticut, is a model for the nation in improving relations between law enforcement and minority communities.
- Police: 3 officers rescue man from burning car after crash Updated: Nov-10-15 5:02 am
HAMDEN, Connecticut - Authorities say a 35-year-old man suffered several injuries after three police officers rescued him from a burning car following a crash in Connecticut.
- Police continuing to probe late night shooting in New Haven Updated: Nov-08-15 11:08 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Police are continuing to investigate after a 27-year-old man was found suffering from a gunshot wound in New Haven.
- Blumenthal: end 'paid patriotism' at sporting events Updated: Nov-07-15 3:38 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A U.S. senator from Connecticut is joining the chorus of critics calling for an end to taxpayer-funded patriotic displays at NFL games and other professional sports events.
- Lawyers for convicted killers seek end to death sentence Updated: Nov-06-15 6:27 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Lawyers for two killers convicted for the deaths of a mother and her two daughters in a 2007 home invasion have asked a judge to vacate their death sentences and impose a sentence of life in prison without parole.
- Police call off plan to remove valuables from unlocked cars Updated: Nov-05-15 4:18 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - New Haven police have called off a day-old initiative in a section of the city for officers to remove valuables from unlocked vehicles for safekeeping from burglars.
- New Haven man gets 17 years in prison in fatal shooting Updated: Nov-04-15 5:09 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A New Haven man who authorities say was involved in a robbery attempt that led to a fatal shooting has been sentenced to 17 years in prison.
- Police: New Haven woman killed in hit-and-run crash Updated: Nov-02-15 3:42 am
WOODBRIDGE, Connecticut - State police say a Connecticut woman whose body was found on the side of the road was killed in a hit-and-run crash.
- Police: 13-year-old boy shot in New Haven Updated: Nov-02-15 3:25 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Police say a 13-year-old boy has been shot in New Haven.