- North Haven chaplain, 70, helps seafarers at Conn. ports Updated: May-23-15 3:05 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Ruth Setaro knew the man was trying to convey a serious problem.
- 2 ex-Wesleyan students face US charges over drug overdoses Updated: May-22-15 3:06 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Two former Wesleyan University students pleaded not guilty Friday to federal charges they distributed synthetic party drugs that resulted in on-campus overdoses and sent 11 people to hospitals.
- Connecticut man gets 2 years in prison for deadly crash Updated: May-22-15 2:59 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Connecticut man who drove drunk and caused a fiery crash that killed his wife has been sentenced to two years in prison.
- New Haven mother reports son and friend for having shotgun Updated: May-21-15 3:32 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Officials are praising the actions of a New Haven mother who reported her teenage son and a friend for having a sawed-off shotgun.
- New Haven, Connecticut, police looking for burglar named Bob Updated: May-18-15 4:16 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Connecticut police say they're looking for a burglar who goes by the name Bob.
- West Haven man to turn troubled nightclub into restaurant Updated: May-17-15 3:05 am
WEST HAVEN, Connecticut - The former Central Pub across Campbell Avenue from City Hall is closed. A new owner plans to open up a new restaurant and bar, Stevie B's, that he says will "provide a safe, fun, clean atmosphere"- and far less trouble.
- Feds: Wallingford police to improve communication with deaf Updated: May-15-15 4:07 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The U.S. Justice Department says the Wallingford police department has agreed to improve training of its personnel in dealing with deaf people.
- GOP lawmakers angered by Malloy's racism comments Updated: May-13-15 8:46 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Republican legislative leaders said they're outraged by Democratic Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's suggestion Wednesday that GOP opposition to part of his Second Chance Society legislation could be considered racially motivated.
- New Haven approves barrier in front of accident-prone home Updated: May-13-15 5:22 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - New Haven resident Bulent Ozalp is one unlucky landlord.
- Railroad president says things are improving after accidents Updated: May-11-15 6:37 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The president of the nation's second-biggest commuter railroad told state lawmakers on Monday that progress is being made toward improving safety and reliability following a series of high-profile accidents and service disruptions two years ago.
- 'Graduate' actress Elizabeth Wilson dies at 94 Updated: May-11-15 6:12 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Elizabeth Wilson, who built a career as a character actress in films such as "The Graduate" and "9 to 5," has died. She was 94.
- Character actress Elizabeth Wilson dead at 94 Updated: May-11-15 11:22 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Tony award-winning actress Elizabeth Wilson, who built a career playing character roles in films such as "The Graduate" and "9 to 5," has died. She was 94.
- Man pleads guilty to manslaughter in 2012 slaying of friend Updated: May-09-15 12:55 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A New Haven man accused of fatally shooting a close friend after an argument has pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter.
- Brush fire prompts Metro-North, Amtrak delays in Connecticut Updated: May-07-15 8:17 pm
WEST HAVEN, Connecticut - A large brush fire in Connecticut prompted Metro-North and Amtrak officials to halt the commuter rail services temporarily. Both services are returning to normal.
- New Haven man accused of hiding homicide with January fire Updated: May-06-15 6:10 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A 50-year-old New Haven man has been charged with murder and arson after police determined that his 56-year-old friend died before a fire that consumed his apartment in January.
- Connecticut hedge fund leader receives 2 years in prison Updated: May-05-15 7:43 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A man who fought drug trafficking in the Caribbean as a U.S. Navy officer before beginning a finance career in Connecticut was sentenced Tuesday to two years and nine months in prison for misleading investors about accounts in the Cayman Islands.
- OSHA investigating fatal crane accident in New Haven Updated: May-05-15 5:40 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating a fatal weekend accident at the Pearl Harbor Memorial Bridge construction site in New Haven.
- After serving Yale students, son of immigrant becomes one Updated: May-03-15 4:06 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Hacibey Catalbasoglu was serving his father's pizza to Yale students when he was a preteen, even making a pie or two.
- Man killed in wrong-way crash on Interstate 95 in Branford Updated: Apr-30-15 9:35 am
BRANFORD, Connecticut - Police say a 69-year-old New Haven man was killed when the minivan he was driving the wrong direction on Interstate 95 crashed head-on into pickup truck in Branford.
- Police: New Haven man arrested in stabbing over $12 debt Updated: Apr-28-15 5:22 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Police have charged a New Haven man with stabbing an acquaintance over a $12 debt.
- 2nd suspect arrested in Bridgeport store owner's killing Updated: Apr-27-15 9:23 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - The second man sought in the fatal shooting of a Bridgeport store owner earlier this month has been arrested.
- 87-year-old man pleads guilty to paying bribes in West Haven Updated: Apr-24-15 5:55 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - An 87-year-old West Haven man has pleaded guilty to bribing a town official.