- Hamden man arrested in connection with fatal fire Updated: Feb-13-16 10:44 am
HAMDEN, Connecticut - A Hamden man has been arrested in connection with the death of a woman whose body was found in a burning house in December.
- Old, faulty police cruisers are driving officers crazy Updated: Feb-13-16 9:14 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Holes in the floorboards. Cracks in fenders and bumpers. Metal that sticks out of torn seats and rips uniforms. Gas gauges that don't work. Radio equipment that malfunctions. Occasional breakdowns. Peeling paint.
- Man sentenced to 10 years for sex trafficking in Connecticut Updated: Feb-12-16 2:06 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Jamaican man has been sentenced to more than 10 years in prison for sex trafficking of minors in Connecticut.
- Officials: Man killed, several displaced in apartment fire Updated: Feb-12-16 7:13 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Officials say a 90-year-old man died after a fire broke out a New Haven apartment building.
- 7 in critical condition after casino bus crash in snowstorm Updated: Feb-09-16 11:11 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Seven people remain in critical condition following a charter bus crash that injured three dozen during Monday's snowstorm on Interstate 95 in Connecticut.
- Jury selection underway for 2014 slaying trial Updated: Feb-09-16 4:03 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Jury selection is underway for the trial of a Stratford man charged with murder in the shooting death of a man in Hamden two years ago.
- Correction: Insider Trading-Charges story Updated: Feb-07-16 3:59 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - In a story Feb. 6 about a former executive accused of insider trading, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Harman International Industries Inc. was accused of allowing directors to buy or sell Harman securities during a declared trading period window. The company did allow directors to buy or sell Harman securities during a declared trading period window, but it is not accused of any wrongdoing.
- Teacher placed on leave for alleged student relationship Updated: Feb-07-16 2:18 pm
HAMDEN, Connecticut - A teacher at a college preparatory school has been placed on paid administrative leave following allegations she had an inappropriate relationship with a high school student.
- 1 dead, another injured after car hits tree Updated: Feb-06-16 3:03 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Police say one person was killed and another seriously injured in an early morning car crash.
- Malloy appoints 4 to state Board of Pardons and Paroles Updated: Feb-06-16 12:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is appointing four Connecticut residents to fill vacancies on the Board of Pardons and Paroles.
- Festival in New Haven to mark Chinese New Year Updated: Feb-06-16 9:23 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The city of New Haven is marking the Chinese New Year with a series of events.
- Man gets federal prison time for role in Maine drug ring Updated: Feb-05-16 7:12 am
BANGOR, Maine - A former Connecticut man who pleaded guilty to his role in a crack cocaine distribution ring in Maine has been sentenced to three years behind bars.
- Connecticut gas prices drop below $2 per gallon threshold Updated: Jan-28-16 8:37 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The average price of a gallon of gasoline in Connecticut has dropped below $2 for the first time in seven years.
- Racial disparities seen in police stun gun use Updated: Jan-27-16 3:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut officers who drew their stun guns on the job last year were more likely to fire when the suspect was black or Hispanic, according to a first-of-its-kind set of statistics that could stoke the nation's debate over race and police use of force.
- Police: Man crashed stolen truck, jumped into river Updated: Jan-26-16 3:16 pm
EAST HAVEN, Connecticut - An East Haven man is facing charges after police say he crashed a stolen truck and then jumped into a river to evade officers.
- New Hartford woman sentenced to prison for tax fraud Updated: Jan-25-16 3:02 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Authorities say a New Hartford woman has been sentenced to prison for tax fraud and structuring offenses.
- Connecticut Open becomes stop on men's senior series Updated: Jan-25-16 1:12 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Andre Agassi and John McEnroe have agreed to play this summer at The Connecticut Open tennis tournament, which has been added as a stop on the tour for over-30 men's players.
- US attorney for Connecticut builds closer ties with police Updated: Jan-24-16 10:36 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Federal law enforcement agencies are working more closely with big-city police departments in Connecticut to fight violent crime, the state's top U.S. prosecutor said in an interview.
- CT Transit shutting down service along shoreline due to snow Updated: Jan-23-16 1:53 pm
CT Transit says it's shutting down bus service along the Connecticut shoreline due to the snowstorm and deteriorating road conditions.
- Judge: Troopers' use of force reasonable in suicide case Updated: Jan-19-16 10:55 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A federal judge has ruled that four Connecticut state troopers did not use unreasonable force when they fired non-lethal weapons at a firefighter just before he shot himself to death during a standoff.
- Connecticut lawmakers mull more state aid for police cameras Updated: Jan-17-16 11:54 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut legislators expect to revisit a law passed last year to encourage municipal police departments to equip officers with body cameras, after some police chiefs expressed concern over what they call the huge cost of storing camera recordings.
- Pharmaceutical company begins relocation to New Haven Updated: Jan-16-16 12:22 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Connecticut pharmaceutical company is preparing to relocate to its new headquarters in New Haven.
- Man gets 8 years after admitting he robbed federal informant Updated: Jan-15-16 2:24 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Connecticut man has been sentenced to eight years in prison after admitting he robbed a federal confidential informant and later distributed information on a cooperating witness.