- Heroin, cocaine-related deaths up in Connecticut Updated: Mar-10-14 4:37 pm
- Fair planned to help veterans with jobs, education Updated: Mar-09-14 4:46 pm
- Volunteers help revamp Cape Verde legal system Updated: Mar-09-14 8:04 am
- Dartmouth gets rare win at Yale, 69-61 Updated: Mar-08-14 10:12 pm
- Harvard beats Yale 70-58 to earn NCAA berth Updated: Mar-07-14 10:44 pm
- Ex-trader convicted of defrauding bailout program Updated: Mar-07-14 5:41 pm
- Former detective sentenced to 5 months in tax case Updated: Mar-06-14 5:05 pm
- Asbestos poisoning victims want Yale honor revoked Updated: Mar-05-14 10:23 am
- 'How We Die' author Nuland dies in Conn. at age 83 Updated: Mar-05-14 12:47 am
- Conn. nightclub sued over woman's shooting death Updated: Mar-04-14 9:57 am
- 2 charged with sex trafficking in Conn. Updated: Mar-03-14 6:50 pm
- UIL Holdings to buy Philadelphia Gas Works Updated: Mar-03-14 7:10 am
- Holder-Winfield sworn in as newest Conn. senator Updated: Feb-28-14 6:59 pm
- Conn. man sentenced to 53 years for store killing Updated: Feb-28-14 4:42 pm
- Judge allows black New Haven officers' lawsuit Updated: Feb-28-14 2:35 pm
- New Haven man convicted in 2000 double killing Updated: Feb-26-14 5:53 am
- Holder-Winfield wins special election in Conn. Updated: Feb-26-14 2:59 am
- No injuries reported in Conn. train derailment Updated: Feb-25-14 6:46 pm
- Conn. rail conductor apologizes for mix-up Updated: Feb-24-14 1:05 pm
- Probes find no wrongdoing in Yale prof's death Updated: Feb-24-14 12:52 pm
- Yale football helping Waterbury school Updated: Feb-23-14 5:49 pm
- Yale says it received alleged sex assault reports Updated: Feb-22-14 5:55 pm
- Montville man sentenced for social security theft Updated: Feb-22-14 1:10 pm
- Addiction agency counselor facing drug charges Updated: Feb-20-14 3:07 pm
- Blumenthal to meet with Metro-North chief in Conn. Updated: Feb-20-14 8:55 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Accidental heroin and cocaine deaths rose sharply in Connecticut last year from the previous year, the medical examiner's office reported Monday, as Attorney General Eric Holder called an increase in heroin-related deaths nationwide a growing public health crisis.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A resource fair will be held to help veterans with education, jobs, training, health care and other issues.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - David Soares was honored to receive the chance to provide service to his country of birth, Cape Verde.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Alex Mitola went off for 29 points, propelling Dartmouth to a 69-61 defeat of Yale on Saturday night - the first time Dartmouth has won in New Haven since the 1998-99 season.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Siyani Chambers scored 17 points and Harvard became the first team to clinch a berth in this year's NCAA tournament with a 70-58 win over arch-rival Yale on Friday night to capture the Ivy League title.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A former Wall Street investment banker was found guilty Friday of defrauding investment funds established as part of the federal government's response to the 2008 financial crisis.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A former Waterbury police detective has been sentenced to five months in prison for obstructing a tax investigation.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Victims of asbestos poisoning in Italy are urging Yale University to rescind an honorary degree given to a Swiss man later convicted of negligence in some 2,000 asbestos-related deaths.
HAMDEN, Connecticut - Dr. Sherwin Nuland, a medical ethicist who opposed assisted suicide and wrote an award-winning book about death called "How We Die," has died at age 83.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A West Haven woman has sued the nightclub where her daughter was fatally shot last year, claiming its negligence was at least partly to blame.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Two people arrested in Connecticut last week have been indicted by a federal grand jury on sex trafficking charges.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - UIL Holdings says it will expand its natural gas business by spending $1.86 billion in cash to buy the operations of Philadelphia Gas Works, which serves about 500,000 customers.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The newest member of the Connecticut Senate has been sworn into office.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A man has been sentenced to 53 years in prison for shooting a Meriden convenience store owner to death in a case that sparked debate about the state prison system's early release programs.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Connecticut judge is allowing a lawsuit to proceed by black police officers accusing New Haven of racial discrimination over a sergeant promotion test in the same city where the U.S. Supreme Court ruled white firefighters' civil rights were violated over a promotion test.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A New Haven man has been convicted of murder and gun charges in the killings of two innocent bystanders in a New Haven street shooting in 2000.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Democratic state Rep. Gary Holder-Winfield of New Haven has won a special state senate election to succeed veteran Toni Harp, who's now the mayor of New Haven.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Shoreline East train has derailed in New Haven with no injuries reported.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A conductor on the nation's second-busiest commuter railroad apologized Monday to riders in Connecticut for an express train that failed to show up, delaying their trip into New York City.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Police officers and jail guards committed no wrongdoing in the arrest and detention of a Yale University professor who died in a cell in November, according to internal investigations by the Connecticut Judicial Branch and New Haven police.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Yale football players are serving as role models for students at a Waterbury elementary school.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Yale University says it has received two anonymous reports of students having been sexually assaulted at a weekend party held at a fraternity house off campus earlier this month.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A federal judge in New Haven has ordered a Montville man to pay more than $42,100 in restitution and serve three years of probation for stealing the identity of someone else to secure social security benefits.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A counselor for the Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services is facing charges that he conspired to sell painkillers and sometimes used a child as a go-between to do so.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal is the latest Connecticut politician to meet with the new president of Metro-North Railroad.