- $50,000 reward offered for info about missing New Haven mom Updated: May-06-16 8:21 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Authorities are offering a $50,000 reward for information about what happened to a New Haven woman who disappeared more than a decade ago.
- Defense: Forcing doctor to take medicine violates his rights Updated: May-05-16 3:21 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A mentally ill doctor should not be forced to take medicine in a bid to make him competent to stand trial for the killing of a Yale University physician, a public defender told Connecticut's highest court on Thursday.
- Man pleads guilty to molesting teen in church bathroom Updated: May-04-16 8:12 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A New Haven man charged with sexually molesting a 13-year-old boy in the bathroom of a Bridgeport church has pleaded guilty just before his trial was about to start.
- Police arrest New Haven man in connection with fatal crash Updated: May-03-16 2:56 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Police have arrested a man in connection with a fatal hit-and-run crash in New Haven.
- Lawsuit accuses Connecticut rabbi of sexual abuse Updated: May-03-16 1:23 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut rabbi is accused of raping and molesting a teenage boy hundreds of times when the boy was a student at a Jewish boarding school in New Haven from 2001 to 2005, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday in federal court.
- The Latest: Connecticut rabbi denies sexual abuse claims Updated: May-03-16 12:22 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Latest on a lawsuit accusing a Connecticut rabbi of sexually abusing a Jewish boarding school student (all times local):
- Portraits proclaim 'changing narrative' of childhood cancer Updated: May-02-16 9:33 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Two words, five syllables, thrust Sumbul Naqvi into a dark depression.
- New Haven man's story of liquor store arrest spurs protest Updated: May-02-16 6:41 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Demonstrators and Black Lives Matter activists gathered in front of the New Haven Police Department headquarters to protest a 27-year-old man's arrest at a liquor store over the weekend.
- Home invasion prosecutor retiring after 46-year career Updated: May-01-16 1:28 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A prosecutor for 46 years, New Haven State's Attorney Michael Dearington says the job was about more than just putting away criminals, even when it came to one of Connecticut's most infamous crimes - the killing of a woman and her two daughters during a home invasion in 2007.
- Former bookkeeper at veterans group gets prison for fraud Updated: Apr-30-16 12:30 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Darien woman has been sentenced to prison for embezzling nearly $800,000 from a Connecticut veterans group.
- Visiting Syrian bishop to discuss Christians' persecution Updated: Apr-30-16 9:37 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Syrian archbishop is visiting New Haven this weekend to talk about the persecution of Christians and other religious minorities in Iraq and Syria.
- Tracking the flow of guns used in crime is inexact science Updated: Apr-28-16 5:35 pm
SMYRNA, Georgia - Adventure Outdoors is an 80,000-square-foot store with walls lined with long guns, cases packed with handguns and aisles jammed with all the accessories an avid outdoorsman would need: coolers, clothing, ammo. At the customer service counter is a government-issued poster that warns: "Don't lie for the other guy."
- Instagram videos lead to arrest in reckless driving case Updated: Apr-28-16 1:57 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Connecticut State Police say a man's own Instagram videos led to his arrest in a reckless driving investigation.
- Yale to keep name of college honoring supporter of slavery Updated: Apr-27-16 7:50 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Yale University has decided to keep the name of a residential college named for 19th-century alumnus John C. Calhoun, who was an ardent supporter of slavery.
- Yale president defends Ivy League school's tax-exempt status Updated: Apr-27-16 4:53 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Yale's president defended his school's tax-exempt status Wednesday as Connecticut lawmakers consider allowing New Haven to tax some university buildings.
- New Haven man gets 7 years in shooting case Updated: Apr-27-16 8:20 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A man authorities say shot at a pursuing New Haven police detective during a foot chase through a dark residential neighborhood has been sentenced to seven years in prison.
- Jury orders Guilford nurse to pay $4.2M for patient's death Updated: Apr-26-16 6:53 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Connecticut jury has ordered a psychiatric nurse to pay $4.2 million to the estate of a house painter who took his own life following treatment at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
- New York City man charged in 2013 fatal nightclub shooting Updated: Apr-25-16 4:38 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A New York City man has been charged in a 2013 fatal shooting at a New Haven nightclub.
- Bed bugs cause stir at Yale, New Haven city schools Updated: Apr-24-16 9:28 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Bed bugs are causing a stir in New Haven, where the blood-sucking parasites have been making unwelcome appearances in places including Yale University.
- Presidential candidate visits to Connecticut step up Updated: Apr-22-16 3:27 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The presidential candidates are stepping up visits to Connecticut before Tuesday's primary.
- New Haven father and son charged in multiple burglaries Updated: Apr-22-16 10:36 am
ORANGE, Connecticut - A 69-year-old Connecticut man and his 23-year-old son are facing a total of 75 charges in connection with a string of home burglaries.
- Amtrak train hits couple on tracks in Wallingford, killing 1 Updated: Apr-20-16 11:10 am
WALLINGFORD, Connecticut - Police say a woman was killed and a man was injured when they were struck by an Amtrak train while trespassing on railroad tracks in Wallingford.
- State sees increase in newborns exposed to opioids Updated: Apr-18-16 10:08 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Jessica had been hooked on heroin for two years when she found out she was 4 1/2 months pregnant.
- 2 men hospitalized after head-on crash on I-95 Updated: Apr-16-16 12:02 pm
MILFORD, Connecticut - Police say two men were hospitalized after a head-on crash on the highway early Saturday morning.
- Metro-North train kills pedestrian, rail service delayed Updated: Apr-15-16 5:00 pm
STRATFORD, Connecticut - A Metro-North train struck and killed a 46-year-old man near the Stratford station in Connecticut, forcing officials to suspend service for about an hour. Continuing delays are reported.