- Conn. man with guns on campus, in car is charged Updated: Dec-04-13 5:10 pm
- Conn. univ. says weapons recovered, 1 in custody Updated: Dec-03-13 8:14 pm
- Police: Delayed death notification an 'oversight' Updated: Dec-03-13 6:28 am
- From 'shooting victim' to role model Updated: Dec-02-13 10:16 am
- Amtrak trains from NYC to Albany back in service Updated: Dec-01-13 3:39 pm
- Conn. university to test pot for contaminants Updated: Dec-01-13 1:05 pm
- Fire rips through New Haven condo building Updated: Nov-28-13 11:11 pm
- New Haven man gets 4 years for distributing crack Updated: Nov-28-13 11:01 am
- New Haven police issue alert for teen runaway Updated: Nov-28-13 9:02 am
- Yale professor dies after being taken to jail Updated: Nov-27-13 4:35 pm
- West Hartford senator to help run budget committee Updated: Nov-27-13 4:31 pm
- Police have image of caller in Yale lockdown probe Updated: Nov-26-13 3:13 pm
- Cambridge woman among 32 US Rhodes Scholars Updated: Nov-24-13 2:08 pm
- University of New Haven student stabbed in dorm Updated: Nov-24-13 11:11 am
- Yale falls 34-7 to Harvard in The Game Updated: Nov-23-13 5:22 pm
- Conn. veteran sues Army over diagnosis, benefits Updated: Nov-23-13 9:14 am
- Pride follows Harp's election as New Haven mayor Updated: Nov-23-13 1:09 am
- Harvard still has chance at Ivy title vs Yale Updated: Nov-22-13 6:20 pm
- New Haven sees no discipline bias in fire dept. Updated: Nov-20-13 8:40 am
- Conn. police arrest suspect in NYC man's death Updated: Nov-19-13 8:04 pm
- Conn. ex-tribal leader gets 18 months for theft Updated: Nov-19-13 2:07 pm
- Ex-union official to be sentenced in Donovan case Updated: Nov-16-13 12:28 pm
- Several injured when cruiser, bus crash in Conn. Updated: Nov-11-13 4:22 pm
- New Haven Fire Department facing retirements Updated: Nov-11-13 5:56 am
- Natural gas gains squeeze family-run oil companies Updated: Nov-07-13 6:44 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut college student arrested carrying two handguns on campus also had an assault rifle and bullets in his car, and police found 2,700 rounds of ammunition and newspaper clippings of the Colorado theater shooting at his home, authorities said Wednesday.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A person was taken into custody Tuesday and weapons were recovered following a report of a man near the University of New Haven campus with what appeared to be a rifle, the school said. No one was injured.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - New Haven police say the three-day delay in releasing information about the death of a Yale professor while in detention was an oversight.
This is about trying to be a role model.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Amtrak has restored service between New York City and Albany, New York, after a fatal Metro-North derailment in the Bronx but says delays can be expected.
WEST HAVEN, Connecticut - The microscope at the University of New Haven, set at 10-times magnification, shows a marijuana leaf covered with dozens of tiny bumps. It's mold, and someone, somewhere could be smoking similarly contaminated pot and not have a clue.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Investigators are working to determine what caused a Thanksgiving Day fire at a New Haven condo building, displacing more than a dozen residents.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A 23-year-old New Haven man has been sentenced to nearly four years in federal prison for distributing crack cocaine.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Police in New Haven have issued a Silver Alert for a missing 17-year-old boy they are calling an endangered runaway.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Yale University professor accused of fighting police officers who tried to handcuff him after a domestic-dispute complaint was taken to a jail and died the next day, authorities said Wednesday.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A West Hartford state senator is being named to help run the Legislature's powerful budget-writing committee.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Police say they have images from a surveillance camera of the suspect who made a phone call saying an armed man was heading to shoot up Yale University.
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Harvard University senior Elizabeth Byrne said she truly was shocked when she learned she was one of 32 Americans named as 2014 Rhodes Scholars this weekend.
WEST HAVEN, Connecticut - A University of New Haven student remains hospitalized in serious condition after police say he was stabbed several times by his roommate during an argument in their dorm.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Coach Tony Reno managed to find some encouraging signs in Yale's 34-7 loss to Harvard - their seventh consecutive loss in The Game.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Connecticut veteran of the Iraq War has sued the Army, saying he was denied full education and retirement benefits after he was diagnosed with adjustment disorder while actually suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Vera Esdaile, Nicole Murphy and Doris Dumas said they believe mayor-elect Toni Harp's victory was a momentous one for woman in the city.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - If only they still had ties.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - New Haven's lawyer says he's found no evidence backing allegations that black or Latino firefighters have been disciplined more harshly than their white co-workers.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Police have arrested a 27-year-old Bridgeport man in connection with the fatal shooting of a New York City man early Sunday.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The former chairman of the tribe that owns Foxwoods Resort Casino was sentenced Tuesday to 18 months in prison for embezzling more than $100,000 in tribal funds.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A former labor union official is facing sentencing for his role in a scheme to provide illegal contributions to last year's failed congressional campaign of ex-Connecticut House Speaker Christopher Donovan.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Connecticut Transit bus and a police cruiser responding to a call crashed in New Haven on Monday, sending more than a dozen people to hospitals, officials said.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The New Haven Fire Department has promoted members to drillmaster and assistant drillmaster, the first steps to rebuilding a department losing scores of specialists to retirement.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The black-and-white photo on the wall of Jennifer Tracey-Carlo's heating oil company shows her father and grandfather standing beside a small fleet of gleaming delivery trucks, offering a glimpse into a time when oil was king and honoring the two men who built the business.