- Elko County eyeing more future oil exploration Updated: Dec-08-13 2:59 pm
- No. 24 Fresno St beats Utah St 24-17 for MW title Updated: Dec-08-13 3:39 am
- Nevada slips past UC Davis 87-81 in OT Updated: Dec-08-13 1:05 am
- Skiers happy as Sierra storm drops 3 feet of snow Updated: Dec-07-13 9:06 pm
- Douglas Co. judge charged with bicyclist's death Updated: Dec-07-13 6:44 pm
- No. 18 UCLA falls to Missouri, 80-71 Updated: Dec-07-13 5:00 pm
- Lyerla hopes to leave for Las Vegas Updated: Dec-07-13 4:53 pm
- Missouri upsets No. 18 UCLA 80-71 Updated: Dec-07-13 4:33 pm
- Arrest in killing of man at reservation near Elko Updated: Dec-07-13 10:04 am
- Ex-Reno reporter may be prosecuted for deer hunt Updated: Dec-06-13 8:32 pm
- Ex-Assemblywoman Vivian Freeman dies at 86 Updated: Dec-06-13 7:53 pm
- Tina Kunzer-Murphy named UNLV athletic director Updated: Dec-06-13 6:56 pm
- Chill grips Nevada, flurries possible in Vegas Updated: Dec-06-13 6:41 pm
- Ex-Reno newspaper writer sentenced for date rapes Updated: Dec-06-13 5:19 pm
- Johnson and Knaus are NASCAR's magical combination Updated: Dec-06-13 5:11 pm
- Texas man held in Las Vegas bus station shooting Updated: Dec-06-13 4:32 pm
- Reno man convicted of murder in toddler's death Updated: Dec-06-13 3:07 pm
- Deputies want info about woman wandering near Reno Updated: Dec-06-13 7:05 am
- Ely BLM taking applications for summer fire work Updated: Dec-06-13 6:13 am
- Regulators block casino executive from license Updated: Dec-05-13 9:43 pm
- Yellow Cab of Reno faces disability bias suit Updated: Dec-05-13 8:35 pm
- Stenhouse beats girlfriend for top rookie title Updated: Dec-05-13 7:06 pm
- Tony Stewart wins prestigious Myers Brothers award Updated: Dec-05-13 6:58 pm
- Earnhardt wins 11th Most Popular Driver award Updated: Dec-05-13 6:45 pm
- Bail lowered for ex-teacher in teen harboring case Updated: Dec-05-13 6:41 pm
ELKO, Nevada - Noble Energy officials say it may still be as far as a decade away, but they're confident they'll be drilling for oil in northeast Nevada eventually.
FRESNO, California - All the records and accolades Derek Carr earned became secondary in a sea of red at Bulldog Stadium when fans poured out of the stands to celebrate a long-awaited conference championship.
DAVIS, California - Jerry Evans, Jr. scored 25 points, making the last two free throws in overtime, to help Nevada slip past UC Davis 87-81 Saturday night.
RENO, Nevada - A storm dropped up to 3 feet of snow in the Sierra Nevada, helping build up the slopes and giving a fun run to skiers and snowboarders Saturday.
MINDEN, Nevada - A Nevada judge has been charged with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter in the August death of a bicyclist.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - UCLA appeared on its way toward another victory before the Bruins' prolific offense dried up.
EUGENE, Oregon - Former University of Oregon football player Colt Lyerla wants a judge to let him move to Nevada to train for National Football League draft.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri guard Earnest Ross thinks it's "pretty cool" when he makes 3-pointers. His teammates agree, especially when they're dropping in big games.
RENO, Nevada - An Elko man has been arrested on suspicion of murder in the shooting death of another man on the South Fork Indian Reservation.
RENO, Nevada - Humboldt County prosecutors are considering filing misdemeanor criminal charges against a former outdoor writer for the Reno Gazette-Journal accused of illegally shooting a deer at the Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge.
RENO, Nevada - Former Assemblywoman Vivian Freeman, who championed the causes of women and children, conservation and education, has died at the age of 86.
LAS VEGAS - Nevada university regents have approved making Tina Kunzer-Murphy the permanent athletic director at UNLV.
Northern Nevada shivered Friday in bone-chilling temperatures, and forecasters said colder weather was yet to come in the state, with tourists possibly seeing snow flurries over the weekend against the neon marquees of the Las Vegas Strip.
RENO, Nevada - A former freelance writer for a Reno newspaper has been sentenced to 40 years in prison for the brutal date rapes of two women he met online.
LAS VEGAS - Rick Hendrick remembers the stress-filled days in 2001 when he was trying to launch a new team with an unproven driver.
LAS VEGAS - A 64-year-old Texas man accused of shooting wildly at a downtown Las Vegas bus terminal had been asked to leave the building at other times, police said Friday.
RENO, Nevada - A 23-year-old Reno man has been convicted of murder in the beating death of his girlfriend's toddler.
RENO, Nevada - Washoe County sheriff's deputies are asking for the public's help in an investigation into a woman who was wandering along U.S. Highway 395 north of Reno trying to flag down cars on the night before Thanksgiving.
ELY, Nevada - Federal officials in Ely are accepting applications for seasonal wildfire suppression work in Caliente, Ely and Pony Springs.
LAS VEGAS - LAS VEGAS - Nevada gambling regulators have blocked a former Golden Nugget and Wynn Resorts Ltd. executive from taking the first step toward a gambling license.
RENO, Nevada - A longtime taxi driver and his disabled wife have sued his former employer, claiming he was fired for complaining about fellow Yellow Cab drivers refusing rides to the couple and their service dogs from the Reno airport.
LAS VEGAS - Ricky Stenhouse Jr. quickly learned an important lesson in his race with girlfriend Danica Patrick for NASCAR's rookie of the year award.
LAS VEGAS - Tony Stewart thought he was making a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas to play the role of supportive team owner.
LAS VEGAS - Dale Earnhardt Jr. set a record Thursday with his 11th consecutive win as NASCAR's most popular driver.
LAS VEGAS - A judge has lowered bail to $130,000 for a 45-year-old former Las Vegas kindergarten teacher being held on felony charges of harboring a runaway teenager.