- Prisoner dies in Reno after multiple trips to hospital Updated: Nov-24-15 8:48 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada prison officials say a 29-year-old inmate has died at a Reno hospital after being hospitalized multiple times.
- Sierra storm bringing snow, 60 mph winds, power outages Updated: Nov-24-15 8:38 pm
RENO, Nevada - A snowstorm packing 50 mph winds blew into Lake Tahoe and northern Nevada on Tuesday, slowing mountain travelers getting an early start on the holiday, kicking up dust storms along U.S. Interstate 80 east of Reno and briefly knocking out power to thousands along the Sierra's eastern front.
- Vegas school bus driver facing child sex, lewdness charges Updated: Nov-24-15 6:53 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a 52-year-old Las Vegas-area substitute school bus driver faces felony charges following his arrest on child sex, child abuse and lewdness charges.
- State lawyers question school choice program's military perk Updated: Nov-24-15 6:06 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - State Treasurer Dan Schwartz is getting pushback from state lawyers over a rule he proposed to help military families and kindergartners more easily access Nevada's new education savings accounts.
- Nevada judge won't rule on sage grouse before Christmas Updated: Nov-24-15 5:26 pm
RENO, Nevada - A federal judge in Nevada is postponing a decision on whether to block U.S. regulations protecting the greater sage grouse, partly because she's not clear if the rules are really to blame for delays in construction of a rural water supply tank near Great Basin National Park along the border with Utah.
- Ballot proposal seeks to raise Nevada minimum wage to $13 Updated: Nov-24-15 5:18 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Voters might be able to weigh in on gradually raising Nevada's minimum wage from its current rate of $8.25 an hour to $13 over the next decade.
- Las Vegas airport traffic grows in October to 4.1 million Updated: Nov-24-15 2:54 pm
LAS VEGAS - The number of people traveling to and from Las Vegas is once again growing.
- GOP's Carly Fiorina coming to Reno after Las Vegas debate Updated: Nov-24-15 2:30 pm
RENO, Nevada - Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina is headed to Reno after the Republican debate in Las Vegas next month.
- Vegas police: Man shot by 3 officers after chase had a gun Updated: Nov-24-15 12:20 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police say three officers shot and killed an armed man who refused to surrender following a chase into an apartment complex in a neighborhood east of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Reno officials deny supporting refugee city application Updated: Nov-24-15 11:25 am
RENO, Nevada - Officials with the city say they did not support an application to make Reno a refugee city to take Syrian, Iraqi, Cuban and other refugees.
- Suspect in Grand Sierra Resort fire in custody Updated: Nov-24-15 11:14 am
RENO, Nevada - Reno authorities say a man has been arrested in connection to a small fire at the Grand Sierra Resort.
- Creighton pulls away in 2nd half to beat Rutgers 85-75 Updated: Nov-24-15 2:35 am
LAS VEGAS - Cole Huff scored 26 points, and Creighton broke open a close game with 13 consecutive points in the second half to beat Rutgers 85-75 Monday night in the Main Event tournament at the MGM Grand.
- No. 14 California beats Sam Houston State 89-63 Updated: Nov-24-15 1:57 am
BERKELEY, California - California made it through the warmup act unscathed. Now the Golden Bears get to see how good they really are when they get their first true tests of the season.
- Shepard, Hemsley lead SDSU to 79-54 win vs East Carolina Updated: Nov-24-15 12:53 am
SAN DIEGO - Winston Shepard and the rest of the San Diego State Aztecs got the message from coach Steve Fisher.
- Pastors call for calm after shooting near North Vegas school Updated: Nov-23-15 5:36 pm
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nevada - Pastors and school officials called for calm Monday at two North Las Vegas high schools where classes resumed following an after-school shooting on Friday left a 16-year-old student dead, a police official said.
- Utah, Nevada companies cited in solar energy tax scheme case Updated: Nov-23-15 5:22 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Authorities say companies in Nevada and Utah are selling solar energy parts for tax breaks in an alleged scheme that has cost the U.S. Treasury more than $4 million.
- Reno authorities say shooting, fire could be linked Updated: Nov-23-15 11:56 am
RENO, Nevada - Authorities say a shooting and an apartment fire in a south Reno neighborhood might be linked.
- Fire crews investigating Grand Sierra Resort fire in Reno Updated: Nov-23-15 11:44 am
RENO, Nevada - Reno authorities are investigating a fire at the Grand Sierra Resort.
- Body found in pool of blood outside Las Vegas apartments Updated: Nov-23-15 10:02 am
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas police say a woman's body was found lying face-down in a pool of blood outside Sky Pointe landing apartments.
- Project to link Vegas and California with train gets boost Updated: Nov-22-15 3:21 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A project to link Las Vegas and Southern California with a high-speed train got a boost this week when the newly formed Nevada High-Speed Rail Authority approved an exclusive relationship with long-suffering XpressWest.
- Man found shot to death in empty Las Vegas house Updated: Nov-22-15 1:41 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police are investigating the shooting death of a man whose body was discovered in a vacant Las Vegas home.
- Pedestrian struck, killed by van in Las Vegas identified Updated: Nov-22-15 12:11 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities have identified a man who was fatally hit by a car while walking past a driveway in Las Vegas.
- Coleman lifts Nevada over Pacific 85-82 in 2OT Updated: Nov-22-15 1:44 am
STOCKTON, California - Marqueze Coleman scored 31 points including the go-ahead jumper with 1:22 left in the second overtime of Nevada's 85-82 win over Pacific on Saturday night.
- Hagins scores 14 as Little Rock stuns San Diego St. 49-43 Updated: Nov-22-15 1:24 am
SAN DIEGO - First-year Little Rock coach Chris Beard was reading San Diego State's game notes on Saturday morning and he finally had to put them down.
- Utah State rallies past Nevada 31-27, becomes bowl eligible Updated: Nov-21-15 7:38 pm
LOGAN, Utah - Devante Mays ran for 133 yards and two touchdowns and Kyler Fackrell recovered a fumble in the end zone in the fourth quarter as Utah State became bowl eligible by scoring the final 24 points to beat Nevada 31-27 on Saturday.