- Vegas Strip closed after several vehicles crash near Caesars Updated: May-04-16 6:33 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say the Las Vegas Strip is closed while officers investigate a multi-vehicle crash with at least one person injured near the Caesars Palace resort.
- Gov. Sandoval plans to vote for Trump after Kasich drops out Updated: May-04-16 5:26 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval says he plans to vote for Donald Trump after fellow governor John Kasich and all other major Republican candidates dropped out of the presidential race.
- Vegas court hearing due for defendant in 2013 double slaying Updated: May-04-16 5:26 pm
LAS VEGAS - A 32-year-old man who was extradited from Mississippi to Las Vegas is due for a preliminary hearing Thursday in a 2013 double murder case that could get him the death penalty.
- 9th Circuit to hear appeal again in 1995 Carson City killing Updated: May-04-16 4:14 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt is asking a federal appeals court to reinstate a 1996 murder conviction the U.S. Supreme Court struck down because prosecutors may have failed to prove the 14-year-old killer knew what he did was wrong.
- Bank of the West goes after Whittemores' Lake Tahoe house Updated: May-04-16 3:46 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Nevada lawyer and lobbyist and his wife are being sued by Bank of the West over the family's Lake Tahoe house.
- 2 arrested, 3rd sought in Vegas liquor store robbery-killing Updated: May-04-16 2:58 pm
LAS VEGAS - Two ex-felons are jailed in Las Vegas on charges that could get them the death penalty in the killing of a liquor store clerk who couldn't open a safe, authorities said Wednesday. A third suspect is being sought.
- Prosecutors: Man defrauded investors out of more than $5M Updated: May-04-16 2:12 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Federal prosecutors in New Jersey say a Nevada man defrauded investors out of more than $5 million dollars.
- Lawsuit: Nevada worker fired for not accepting Scientology Updated: May-03-16 11:30 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Catholic woman fired from her job at a bottled water company led by a Nevada lawmaker has filed a federal lawsuit against the business, saying she was pressured to watch videos on Scientology and was denied pay raises because of her religious beliefs.
- New medical clinic to open in Tonopah Updated: May-03-16 11:01 pm
LAS VEGAS - A health facility is opening up in Tonopah, nearly a year after the only hospital in the area for 100 miles closed down due to financial troubles.
- Court date set for 2 accused of harboring Los Angeles inmate Updated: May-03-16 7:23 pm
BOULDER CITY, Nevada - A Henderson couple accused of helping a murder suspect hide in a motel room in this quiet Nevada town after he'd been mistakenly freed from a Los Angeles jail got a new court date Tuesday.
- Ex-driver, 22, facing misdemeanor in fatal Vegas bus crash Updated: May-03-16 3:35 pm
LAS VEGAS - A 22-year-old has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor charges almost four months after the public transit bus he was driving jumped a curb, plowed through a passenger shelter and killed a 39-year-old woman on a sidewalk near the Las Vegas Strip, authorities said Tuesday.
- Whittemore finishes sentence in San Francisco halfway house Updated: May-03-16 3:26 pm
RENO, Nevada - Former Nevada lobbyist Harvey Whittemore is a free man after spending 21 months of a two-year prison term in federal custody for breaking campaign contribution laws.
- Vegas teen pleads not guilty to murder in fatal stabbing Updated: May-03-16 3:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas 16-year-old has pleaded not guilty as an adult to murder, robbery and conspiracy charges in the stabbing death of a man at a fast-food restaurant.
- Truckee community college names new president Updated: May-03-16 1:21 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada's Truckee Meadows Community College has named a new president.
- Golden lion statue stolen from Las Vegas median found Updated: May-02-16 11:00 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a golden lion statue that was taken from an art installation on a Las Vegas street median has been found.
- Commerce tax foes, defenders argue in Nevada Supreme Court Updated: May-02-16 9:02 pm
LAS VEGAS - Lawyers on opposite sides of a new tax on businesses argued before the Nevada Supreme Court on Monday about whether the language and budgetary impact of a proposed tax-repeal measure should keep it off the November ballot.
- Reno doctor accused in drug ring appears in CA court Updated: May-02-16 7:05 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Reno doctor accused of running an illegal drug ring out of his family practice has made his initial appearance in federal court in San Francisco.
- Nevada Democrats beat GOP in new registrations in April Updated: May-02-16 6:44 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Officials say new Democratic voter registrations in Nevada outnumbered new Republican registrations two to one in April.
- Trump's Washoe County delegates meeting in Sparks Monday Updated: May-02-16 6:29 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Washoe County Republican delegates supporting Donald Trump are gathering in Sparks to plan for the state GOP convention in Reno later this month.
- US agency's Nevada boss urges roundup of 4,000 mustangs Updated: May-02-16 4:13 pm
RENO, Nevada - Concerned about continued deterioration of drought-stricken rangeland in Nevada, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management's state director wants to round up 4,000 wild horses in Elko County - more mustangs than were gathered across 10 Western states combined last year.
- 2 killed in stunt 'air combat' plane crash near Vegas Updated: May-02-16 4:06 pm
LAS VEGAS - The two men killed when a stunt plane crashed near Las Vegas were performing "air combat" maneuvers as part of a paid flight experience provided by a tourism company catering to extreme adventure-seekers.
- 2 wounded, shooter sought after wedding gunfire in Nevada Updated: May-02-16 12:53 pm
PAHRUMP, Nevada - Two people were wounded and sheriff's deputies in Nye County are looking for their assailant after gunfire erupted at a weekend wedding reception in rural Pahrump.
- Delta announces nonstop flights between Atlanta, Reno Updated: May-02-16 11:58 am
RENO, Nevada - Delta Air Lines will once again offer nonstop service between Reno-Tahoe International Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- Oregon trails crews to get help from BLM mustangs Updated: May-02-16 10:20 am
PENDLETON, Oregon - Some of Nevada's wild horses will be lending a hoof to Oregon trails crews this summer.
- Jazz fest's last day finishes soggy, but strong Updated: May-01-16 9:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Wind, rain and a lightning strike beside the stage where Bonnie Raitt was singing didn't stop the soggy last day of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival from rollicking to a close.