- US attorney wants to appeal loss in Nevada cash seizure case Updated: Jul-03-15 6:17 am
LAS VEGAS - The top federal prosecutor in Nevada wants to appeal an order to return $167,000 seized from a Hawaii man who was stopped twice driving a motorhome on Interstate 80 near Elko in January 2013, but never charged with a crime.
- BLM, Nevada ranchers strike deal to resume livestock grazing Updated: Jul-03-15 6:10 am
BATTLE MOUNTAIN, Nevada - The U.S. Bureau of Land Management has reached an agreement in a year-old grazing dispute with northern Nevada ranchers that allows them to return some cattle to federal rangeland.
- Fireworks-filled van explodes on California freeway Updated: Jul-02-15 10:40 pm
IVANPAH, California - Jay Rutherford and his bandmates were mesmerized by the billowing smoke and small "psychedelic explosions" emanating from the van on the side of the freeway.
- California woman dies from brain-eating amoeba Updated: Jul-02-15 9:28 pm
RENO, Nevada - Health officials say a California woman has died after being infected with a brain-eating bacteria.
- Police shut down 2 suspected brothels in Las Vegas homes Updated: Jul-02-15 8:44 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police say they have shut down two suspected brothels in a Las Vegas residential neighborhood and arrested a man and woman facing charges of alleged sex-trafficking and prostitution.
- US wildlife agency won't list wild horse as endangered Updated: Jul-02-15 4:28 pm
RENO, Nevada - The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has rejected a proposal to list the North American wild horse as a threatened or endangered species.
- Las Vegas detective gets probation in prostitute attack case Updated: Jul-02-15 4:06 pm
LAS VEGAS - A suspended Las Vegas police detective has been sentenced to probation on a reduced charge in a plea deal that avoids trial in a case alleging that he attacked and injured a prostitute trying to get his money back.
- Las Vegas-area couple plead not guilty in child death case Updated: Jul-02-15 4:02 pm
LAS VEGAS - A man and woman accused of leaving a pregnant 17-year-old girl to care for their sickly 3-year-old daughter months before the child was found dead in a Las Vegas-area home pleaded not guilty Thursday to murder and child abuse charges.
- Nevada Democrats brace for life after Reid's retirement Updated: Jul-02-15 1:26 pm
LAS VEGAS - Local and state officials gathered near Hoover Dam in April to celebrate the groundbreaking of a highway bypass that might ultimately become part of an interstate connecting Las Vegas with Phoenix.
- 2 Nevada teachers honored by President Obama Updated: Jul-02-15 11:47 am
RENO, Nevada - Two northern Nevada teachers have been honored by President Obama for helping students succeed in the fields of math and science.
- New cigarette tax in Nevada Updated: Jul-02-15 10:19 am
RENO, Nevada - Cigarettes are now costing Nevada residents an extra dollar per pack due to a new tax that passed in the legislature this year.
- Groups finalize sale of recently-closed Reno casino Updated: Jul-02-15 10:14 am
RENO, Nevada - A Delaware-based company is the new owner of the Siena Hotel Spa Casino under a deal finalized this week.
- Competitive eating is more than just chowing down Updated: Jul-02-15 6:13 am
LAS VEGAS - Miki Sudo is downing oysters at the Orleans.
- Pony Express re-ride boasts family connection Updated: Jul-02-15 3:08 am
GARDNERVILLE, Nevada - Setting the scene where her husband and daughter carry the mail in and out of Mormon Station, Dianna Borges tells a story about a rider who was too drunk to finish his leg.
- Western wildfires: Progress against Washington fires Updated: Jul-02-15 2:07 am
Fire crews have reported progress fighting wildfires in tinder-dry, drought-stricken Washington state, as well as in Nevada.
- Henderson police arrest suspected bank robber Updated: Jul-01-15 9:17 pm
HENDERSON, Nevada - Police say they've arrested a 36-year-old man accused of robbing a U.S. Bank branch on June 23.
- Police suspect murder-suicide in deaths of man, woman Updated: Jul-01-15 9:02 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police investigating the deaths of a husband and wife found inside a Las Vegas home suspect the wife shot and killed her husband with a handgun before killing herself.
- Memorial for 2 Reno children killed in SUV crash into house Updated: Jul-01-15 8:23 pm
RENO, Nevada - The mother of two young Reno children killed when an SUV plowed through their home says she wishes she could have done more to protect them.
- Crews attacking spot wildfires in mountains near Las Vegas Updated: Jul-01-15 7:48 pm
LAS VEGAS - Fire crews are attacking four spot fires believed to have been sparked by lightning in the Spring Mountains northwest of Las Vegas, while firefighters declared full containment of another lightning-caused fire that charred almost 8 square miles in remote northern Nevada.
- Fugitive suspected in Modesto killing arrested in Nevada Updated: Jul-01-15 7:10 pm
RENO, Nevada - A 44-year-old California man has been arrested and is being held in the Washoe County jail without bail as a suspect in the fatal shooting of a man whose body was found last month in a garage in Modesto.
- Police: Party-goers mum after drive-by wounds Las Vegas girl Updated: Jul-01-15 7:05 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police say party-goers aren't cooperating and investigators don't have much to go on after a teenage girl was wounded by gunfire during a drive-by shooting at a Las Vegas home overnight.
- North Las Vegas says no polluted water leaks after EPA order Updated: Jul-01-15 6:42 pm
LAS VEGAS - North Las Vegas has been ordered by the Environmental Protection Agency to address water pollution violations, although the suburb said it doesn't believe there's been a leak into the water supply at Lake Mead.
- North Las Vegas demolishes 5th eyesore home since 2013 Updated: Jul-01-15 5:59 pm
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nevada - North Las Vegas has razed another vacant home deemed a neighborhood eyesore, a code-enforcement headache and a magnet for arsonists.
- IndyCar CEO: Rules package was off for Fontana race Updated: Jul-01-15 5:50 pm
The CEO of IndyCar said Wednesday that the series went too far with the rules package for last weekend's race at California, where many drivers sharply criticized what they said was dangerous pack racing.
- Inmate wounded by Nevada prison guard sues prison officials Updated: Jul-01-15 5:22 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Nevada prison inmate who was wounded by shotgun blasts that killed another prisoner has accused the state Department of Corrections chief, supervisors and guards of deliberate indifference and use of excessive force for shooting inmates.