- Citing fraud, Maine to put photos on EBT cards Updated: Apr-18-14 6:41 pm
- Former Maine tribal official caught in elver case Updated: Apr-18-14 5:58 pm
- Federal officials eye improving fall chinook runs Updated: Apr-18-14 4:58 pm
- Conservative think tank CEO headed to Virginia Updated: Apr-18-14 4:38 pm
- Medicaid, welfare to play big in Maine campaigns Updated: Apr-18-14 4:18 pm
- Police: 2 fatal crashes in Vassalboro, Waldoboro Updated: Apr-18-14 3:58 pm
- Severe winter ends turkey season in northern Maine Updated: Apr-18-14 2:46 pm
- Marijuana trade show coming to Bangor Saturday Updated: Apr-18-14 2:11 pm
- Maine unemployment falls to 5.9 percent in March Updated: Apr-18-14 11:52 am
- Dental therapist position approved by Maine Senate Updated: Apr-18-14 8:55 am
- Portland man faces child exploitation charge Updated: Apr-18-14 7:49 am
- Suspended Lewiston student likely involved in game Updated: Apr-18-14 6:46 am
- Ex-teller sentenced for stealing from customers Updated: Apr-18-14 6:32 am
- Ex-Biddeford pastor pleads guilty child porn Updated: Apr-18-14 5:52 am
- American Indian tribe gets cards for elver catch Updated: Apr-18-14 4:05 am
- US premiere for film set in Maine's potato country Updated: Apr-18-14 4:04 am
- Maine lawmakers OK $50 million in bond proposals Updated: Apr-17-14 11:35 pm
- Lawyer who made bomb threats to leave law practice Updated: Apr-17-14 5:55 pm
- Democrats make final attempt at Medicaid expansion Updated: Apr-17-14 2:58 pm
- LePage: Maine faces $7M in welfare-related fines Updated: Apr-17-14 10:33 am
- Maine elver season starts slow due to cold weather Updated: Apr-17-14 10:33 am
- 10th-grader suspended for having yellow squirt gun Updated: Apr-17-14 10:29 am
- Dogs found at shelter, porcupine quills in mouths Updated: Apr-17-14 8:55 am
- Bates student faces assault charge Updated: Apr-17-14 7:47 am
- Winterport man sentenced on sex charges Updated: Apr-17-14 7:10 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine will begin putting photo identification on welfare benefit cards this month, first in Bangor and then across the state in an effort to target fraud and abuse, Gov. Paul LePage's administration said on Friday.
PORTLAND, Maine - New York authorities have arrested a former Passamaquoddy tribal representative to Maine's Legislature and seven other people on charges of illegally harvesting baby eels on Long Island's East End.
LEWISTON, Idaho - Officials at the fisheries division of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration are working on a long-range plan that could lead to delisting fall chinook in the Snake River.
PORTLAND, Maine - The CEO of the Maine Heritage Policy Center is resigning at the end of April to lead Virginia-based State Budget Solutions, a think tank that aims to help states develop fiscally sound budgets.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Democrats have fallen short so far in their attempt to expand Medicaid under the federal health care law this year, and Republicans didn't get their wish to overhaul welfare programs, either. But that won't stop them from trying to transform those failures into successes on the campaign trail as they now return to their districts to drum up votes for the November election.
VASSALBORO, Maine - Police are investigating two fatal crashes in Vassalboro and Waldoboro that have killed three people.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The severe winter has put an end to the turkey hunt in parts of northern Maine.
PORTLAND, Maine - The largest medical marijuana trade show in New England is in Bangor on Saturday.
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine officials say the state's unemployment rate fell to 5.9 percent in March.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A bill supporters say will increase access to dental care in rural areas of Maine has been approved by the state Senate.
PORTLAND, Maine - A Portland man has been arrested on charges that he made a video of himself having sex with a 15-year-old girl.
LEWISTON, Maine - School officials and police think the Lewiston High School 10th-grader suspended for having a bright yellow squirt gun at school was likely involved in a game called "Assassin."
BANGOR, Maine - A former teller at a Searsport bank has been sentenced to one month in prison and seven months of home confinement for stealing about $26,000 from customers.
ALFRED, Maine - The former pastor of a Biddeford church has avoided prison time after pleading guilty to child pornography charges.
WHITING, Maine - Fishermen in an American Indian tribe may now pick up electronic swipe cards that will allow them to fish for elvers in Maine and record sales of the baby eels.
PORTLAND, Maine - Two filmmakers who won acclaim for their documentary about Maine troop greeters are ready for the U.S. premiere of their new film, "Beneath the Harvest Sky."
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's Democratic-led Legislature has approved roughly $50 million in bond proposals that would support small businesses and water infrastructure projects.
WILTON, Maine - An attorney who represented high-profile defendants in Maine has resigned two years after being charged with making bomb threats against two Wilton schools.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers will finish their legislative session with a familiar debate: whether to accept federal dollars to provide health care coverage to roughly 70,000 low-income people under the health care law.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage says Maine faces more than $7 million in federal fines because it's not meeting work participation requirements for welfare recipients.
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine elver fishermen and dealers are reporting small catches and reduced prices in the first week and half of the state's season for immature eels.
LEWISTON, Maine - A 10th-grader in Maine has been suspended for 10 days for having a bright yellow squirt gun.
WATERVILLE, Maine - Two dogs are recovering after they were left at a Maine animal shelter with their mouths full of porcupine quills.
LEWISTON, Maine - A Bates College student who's listed as a captain of the football team and a member of the lacrosse team is facing charges for allegedly bursting into a stranger's home and knocking over the elderly resident.
BELFAST, Maine - A Winterport man has been sentenced to nine months in jail for sexually abusing a child.