- Maine hospital says nurses plan to strike later this month Updated: Jul-02-15 10:53 am
BANGOR, Maine - Representatives for a Maine hospital say a nursing union has informed the facility that its members plan to strike.
- Northern New England states fight, track invasive bugs Updated: Jul-02-15 10:35 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Ever vigilant, researchers in Northern New England have added more tools to help them track the spread of an invasive beetle that has destroyed millions of ash trees.
- Man sentenced on fraud, identity theft charges Updated: Jul-02-15 8:53 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A man from Windham, Maine, has been sentenced to three months in prison for applying for and using a credit card in another person's name.
- Maine man gets 7 years in prison for driving drunk Updated: Jul-02-15 8:22 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine man has been sentenced to seven years behind bars for his ninth drunken driving conviction, a longer prison term than prosecutors sought.
- Maine elder care provider to discontinue service Updated: Jul-02-15 7:08 am
PORTLAND, Maine - One of Maine's largest providers of personal care support for the elderly and disabled has announced that it is ending service in Maine.
- Police step up efforts to find Maine murder suspect Updated: Jul-02-15 6:52 am
PARKMAN, Maine - Maine police are stepping up efforts to track down a Parkman man wanted in connection with the killing of his ex-girlfriend.
- Maine rangers on the lookout for imported firewood Updated: Jul-02-15 4:05 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Forest rangers will be working to ensure people aren't bringing out-of-state firewood into Maine over the holiday weekend.
- Woman honored for work on brook restoration Updated: Jul-02-15 4:05 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - A woman has been honored by the Gulf of Maine Council for working on restoration of a stream that flows through Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- Maine crews use drone to rescue 2 boys from raging river Updated: Jul-01-15 5:26 pm
MECHANIC FALLS, Maine - Officials in Maine used a drone to help deliver a life jacket to a boy stranded on a rock in the middle of a raging river before bringing him and another boy to safety.
- Maine agency to probe blackmail claims against LePage Updated: Jul-01-15 4:28 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's watchdog agency will look into allegations that Republican Gov. Paul LePage threated to use public funds to punish a political opponent.
- Construction begins on 185-megawatt wind farm in Maine Updated: Jul-01-15 3:41 pm
BINGHAM, Maine - Construction has begun on a wind farm in Bingham that is anticipated to be the state's largest wind energy project.
- Maine heating prices drop around state as summer sets in Updated: Jul-01-15 2:10 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine government survey says the average statewide cash price for heating oil fell 5 cents from a month ago.
- 2 share pageant title after miscount, but one is upset Updated: Jul-01-15 1:54 pm
WINSLOW, Maine - One winner of a teenage Miss 4th of July pageant is upset. The other agreed to share the title but isn't talking. And the pageant organizer is defending herself from accusations she rigged the results.
- Alanna Durkin joins AP's Richmond, Virginia, bureau Updated: Jul-01-15 1:22 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Alanna Durkin, who has covered state government and politics for The Associated Press in Maine, has been named a reporter for the news cooperative in Richmond, Virginia.
- Maine mail carrier delivers a rescue of her route Updated: Jul-01-15 7:17 am
AUBURN, Maine - A mail carrier in Maine is being called a hero after helping save a 90-year-old man she spotted him on the ground while on her route.
- Officials: Inmate at Maine prison died of natural causes Updated: Jul-01-15 6:40 am
WINDHAM, Maine - State police say the inmate who died this week at the Maine Correctional Center in Windham died of natural causes and no foul play is suspected.
- Maine officials unveil new bridge to the public Updated: Jul-01-15 4:50 am
RUMFORD, Maine - Maine officials have unveiled a new bridge to the public.
- Maine lawmakers override LePage's veto of $6.7B state budget Updated: Jun-30-15 11:07 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers overturned Republican Gov. Paul LePage's veto of the $6.7 billion state budget Tuesday as they raced through dozens of remaining bills so they could head home to their districts for the summer.
- The Latest: Maine Legislature OKs $100M in bond proposals Updated: Jun-30-15 10:55 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The latest on the Maine Legislature's rush to finish its work for the session (all times local):
- Nature Conservancy in Maine purchases 6,500 forest acres Updated: Jun-30-15 4:58 pm
BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Nature Conservancy in Maine has purchased more than 6,500 acres of forest land to expand its existing Leuthold Forest Preserve to more than 16,000 acres.
- Portland, Maine, school board in no hurry to find new leader Updated: Jun-30-15 11:46 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The school board in Maine's largest city will not rush to fill the position that will become vacant when the current superintendent leaves for a new job in Kentucky.
- Maine town residents oppose national park plan in vote Updated: Jun-30-15 10:47 am
EAST MILLINOCKET, Maine - Residents in East Millinocket, Maine, are rejecting a controversial proposal to create a national park east of Baxter State Park.
- Police: 'Win an Inn' essay contest didn't violate Maine law Updated: Jun-30-15 10:37 am
CENTER LOVELL, Maine - A Maine innkeeper didn't violate state law in an essay contest in which her 210-year-old country inn was the prize, state police and the attorney general's office said Tuesday.
- Bird camera fans watch eagle steal osprey chicks from nest Updated: Jun-30-15 9:54 am
BREMEN, Maine - Followers of a popular live bird camera are reeling from a rare glimpse of nature in the raw after witnessing an eagle pluck two osprey chicks from a nest.
- 6 more people arrested in Houlton meth investigation Updated: Jun-30-15 7:53 am
HOULTON, Maine - An investigation into a methamphetamine manufacturing operation inside a Houlton apartment house has resulted in six more arrests.