- Rockport shelter opens with a new focus Updated: Mar-07-14 7:56 am
- DA defends decision not to prosecute in fatality Updated: Mar-07-14 7:30 am
- Police: 67-year-old woman died in Monmouth crash Updated: Mar-07-14 7:08 am
- Maine high court to reconsider beach access ruling Updated: Mar-07-14 6:26 am
- Augusta man wants trial in slaying Updated: Mar-07-14 6:10 am
- Maine treasurer urges LePage to release bonds Updated: Mar-07-14 4:34 am
- Maine man due in court in death of 5-month-old Updated: Mar-07-14 4:05 am
- Oil in Canada concerns Maine environmentalists Updated: Mar-06-14 7:04 pm
- Maine panel rejects proposed mining regulations Updated: Mar-06-14 6:50 pm
- Maine lawmakers advance series of gambling bills Updated: Mar-06-14 6:27 pm
- Canada regulator approves reversing pipeline flow Updated: Mar-06-14 6:22 pm
- Maine governor vetoes virtual charter school bill Updated: Mar-06-14 5:49 pm
- Police: Maine man charged in death of 5-month-old Updated: Mar-06-14 5:14 pm
- Flood potential currently frozen in place in Maine Updated: Mar-06-14 4:34 pm
- Police: Maine man died from natural causes Updated: Mar-06-14 2:30 pm
- Maine's Sen. Collins submits nominating petitions Updated: Mar-06-14 2:10 pm
- All Maine-born babies to get $500 for college Updated: Mar-06-14 1:18 pm
- Correction: Wood Pellet Shortage story Updated: Mar-06-14 1:10 pm
- Burst water main slows Maine traffic Updated: Mar-06-14 9:46 am
- Maine prison guards request purchase of stab vests Updated: Mar-06-14 7:40 am
- Bangor man charged with stealing from city library Updated: Mar-06-14 7:22 am
- Lewiston man pleads guilty to pill thefts Updated: Mar-06-14 6:20 am
- Police: Speed, icy road a factor in Standish fatal Updated: Mar-06-14 5:50 am
- Maine inmate to appear in court on murder charge Updated: Mar-06-14 4:34 am
- Maine gov taps maple tree to kick off syrup season Updated: Mar-06-14 4:07 am
ROCKPORT, Maine - A Rockport homeless shelter that closed a year ago has re-opened with a new approach aimed at ending the cycle of homelessness.
TENANTS HARBOR, Maine - A prosecutor in Maine is defending his decision not to bring charges against the driver of a car that went out of a control and killed a 9-year-old Massachusetts boy last summer.
MONMOUTH, Maine - Authorities have released the name of the woman who died in a head-on car crash in Monmouth.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's highest court has made a rare decision and agreed to hear oral arguments from attorneys who will ask justices to reconsider a Kennebunkport beach access case that could have statewide ramifications.
AUGUSTA, Maine - An Augusta man sentenced to 45 years in prison after pleading guilty to fatally stabbing another man he thought had flirted with his girlfriend has told a judge he now wants to go to trial.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine State Treasurer Neria Douglass says not selling bonds this summer will hurt the state's finances and delay much needed infrastructure projects.
BANGOR, Maine - A Maine man charged in the death of a 5-month-old child he was babysitting is due in court on a charge of manslaughter.
PORTLAND, Maine - Environmental groups say a decision by the Canadian National Energy Board shows how a crude oil pipeline could be repurposed to export large amounts of oil through the Maine city of South Portland.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine legislative panel has rejected a contentious proposal to overhaul the state's mining regulations.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's American Indian tribes that have long seen gambling as the remedy for high unemployment and sluggish economic growth in their communities are a step closer to being able to operate casinos after winning initial approval in the Democratic-controlled House on Thursday.
TORONTO - Canada's National Energy Board approved Thursday a plan by Enbridge to reverse the flow of a pipeline that would allow for Western Canadian oil to be transported to Eastern Canada.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage vetoed a bill on Thursday that would direct the state to work toward creating a state-run virtual charter academy, citing concerns with part of the proposal that places a moratorium on cyber schools until next year.
BANGOR, Maine - Bangor police say they've made an arrest in the death of a 5-month-old child.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's River Flow Advisory Commission says the spring flooding potential is currently frozen in place but that continued cold temperatures will simply delay the inevitable melt.
GARLAND, Maine - Maine State Police say a man whose body was found in a home in Garland died from natural causes.
PORTLAND, Maine - Republican Sen. Susan Collins, who's seeking a fourth term, has filed her nominating petitions with Maine elections officials.
PORTLAND, Maine - A scholarship program aimed giving every Maine newborn a $500 college savings down payment will begin automatically enrolling babies, ensuring the money is available to all of the 12,000 or so children born each year in the state, officials said Thursday.
DOVER, New Hampshire - In a story March 5 about a shortage of wood pellets in northern New England, The Associated Press misstated the weight of pellets the Maine Woods Pellet Company is hoping to produce this season. The company is trying to produce 110,000 tons of pellets, not 110,000 pounds.
BANGOR, Maine - A main road in Bangor is slick with ice after a six-inch water main broke in the downtown area.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The union representing Maine's prison guards has asked legislators to support the purchase of "stab vests" for its members following a fatal inmate stabbing at the Warren prison.
BANGOR, Maine - A Bangor man who volunteered at the city library has been charged with stealing $31,000 worth of the library's collection of Civil War-era photographs and other historical memorabilia.
PORTLAND, Maine - A Lewiston man has pleaded guilty to stealing packages of prescription drugs sent to veterans while he worked for United Parcel Service.
STANDISH, Maine - Police say speed and icy road conditions appear to be factors in a fatal two-car crash in Standish.
WARREN, Maine - A Maine State Prison inmate charged with stabbing another inmate 87 times is due in court.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage is helping kick off maple syrup season in the state.