- Truck carrying potato seed overturns in Linneus Updated: May-24-15 9:56 pm
LINNEUS, Maine - A truck carrying potato seed overturned as it rounded a corner in Linneus on Sunday, leading to a temporary road closure while authorities cleaned up the spill.
- Redford to college graduates: World needs you; be fearless Updated: May-24-15 9:20 pm
WATERVILLE, Maine - Two-time Academy Award winner Robert Redford is encouraging college graduates to be fearless in a world of challenges and to become collaborators with others and the environment to overcome life's daunting difficulties.
- Maine police say man fired at car; bullet lodges in car door Updated: May-24-15 3:08 pm
SCARBOROUGH, Maine - Maine police say a South Portland man faces multiple charges after firing a gun at another vehicle in what they described as a "road rage" incident.
- AP Was There: Muhammad Ali-Sonny Liston heavyweight rematch Updated: May-24-15 12:58 pm
EDITOR'S NOTE: On May 25, 1965, Muhammad Ali defeated Sonny Liston in the first round of a heavyweight bout that produced one of the strangest finishes in boxing history as well as one of sports' most iconic moments - photos of Ali hovering over Liston on the canvas, shouting at his opponent to get up.
- Maine college rugby player indicted on sex assault charge Updated: May-24-15 12:19 pm
FARMINGTON, Maine - A Maine grand jury has indicted a University of Maine at Farmington senior on a felony sex assault charge.
- With session's end nearing, lawmakers still have much to do Updated: May-24-15 11:56 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The state budget, welfare, minimum wage, mining, guns. The Maine Legislature's to-do list remains long and time is quickly running out.
- LePage designates $10,0000 to support veterans' services Updated: May-24-15 10:56 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage has designated $10,000 from his contingency fund to support a program for veterans.
- Browntail moth caterpillars worse than normal in Maine Updated: May-24-15 9:58 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine forestry officials are warning that the annual infestation of browntail moth caterpillars is going to be worse-than-normal this summer.
- Mainer to represent region in 'best warrior' competition Updated: May-24-15 9:53 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine National Guard soldier is going to be representing New England at a national "best warrior" competition.
- Maine man pleads guilty to manslaughter, sexual assault Updated: May-23-15 5:43 pm
AUBURN, Maine - A Maine man has been sentenced to 9 1/2 years in prison for the shooting death of a hunter and unrelated sexual assault of a girl.
- Maine wants fishermen's take on new sea urchin card system Updated: May-23-15 4:05 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine wants fishermen to tell state regulators what they think about a plan to create a new swipe card accountability system for the sea urchin fishery.
- Rumford mill to lay off about 50 workers Updated: May-23-15 3:31 pm
RUMFORD, Maine - Catalyst Paper is laying off about 50 workers at the Rumford mill.
- Last of 6 brothers gets degree from Bowdoin College Updated: May-23-15 3:08 pm
BOWDOIN, Maine - The last of six brothers has received his degree from Bowdoin College.
- Annual cleanup of Maine's Merrymeeting Bay is Saturday Updated: May-23-15 11:31 am
BOWDOINHAM, Maine - Friends of Merrymeeting Bay is holding its annual spring cleanup of the Merrymeeting Bay Wildlife Sanctuary in Bowdoinham.
- LePage, Maine's first lady to honor veterans on Memorial Day Updated: May-23-15 8:05 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage and First Lady Ann LePage are honoring veterans this weekend ahead of Memorial Day.
- Rockefeller makes rare appearance ahead of 100th birthday Updated: May-22-15 6:14 pm
MOUNT DESERT, Maine - David Rockefeller made a rare public appearance ahead of his 100th birthday to formally announce the donation of 1,000 acres bordering Acadia National Park in Maine.
- Maine man who ran over mother sentenced to 5 years in prison Updated: May-22-15 6:00 pm
ALFRED, Maine - A pickup truck driver who ran over his mother during an argument in Maine is going to prison for five years.
- LePage vetoes bill to identify young drivers, 5 other bills Updated: May-22-15 5:17 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage has vetoed a bill designed to help law enforcement and parents identify young drivers on the road.
- Panel backs bill aimed at boosting Maine vaccination rates Updated: May-22-15 3:01 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine legislative committee endorsed a bill Friday that seeks to bolster vaccination rates among schoolchildren but lawmakers balked at an effort to prohibit parents from using the philosophical exemption to send their unvaccinated kids to school.
- Boston man gets prison for taking 3 to work as prostitutes Updated: May-22-15 11:13 am
BANGOR, Maine - Federal prosecutors say a 28-year-old Boston man has been sentenced to nearly four years in prison for aiding and abetting the interstate transportation of women for prostitution.
- Lewiston police officials hope to hire Somali officers Updated: May-22-15 11:02 am
LEWISTON, Maine - Police leaders in southern Maine are talking with members of the city's large Somali population about future openings in law enforcement.
- Portland school evacuated because of smoke Updated: May-22-15 10:50 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Officials say a Portland, Maine, middle school has been evacuated because of smoke.
- Portland, Maine, police find body washed up near East End Updated: May-22-15 10:47 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland police say they are investigating the discovery of a woman's body that washed up on the shore near the city's East End.
- Maine Legislature could vote on raw milk bill next week Updated: May-22-15 10:07 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The sponsor of a Maine proposal to loosen the restrictions on raw milk sales in the state says the measure could go before the full Legislature for a vote soon.
- Fishery managers studying black sea bass population Updated: May-22-15 9:18 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A multistate management commission is working on an assessment of the health of the black sea bass population.