- Police: Maine woman crashed hard cider truck into barn Updated: Dec-01-15 9:44 pm
LIMERICK, Maine - A Maine woman is accused of stealing a hard-cider truck and crashing it into a barn following a high-speed police chase.
- Man shot, killed by Bangor police officer Updated: Dec-01-15 8:58 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Authorities say a Bangor police officer has shot and killed a man.
- Soldier who lost all 4 limbs hopes book inspires others Updated: Dec-01-15 7:38 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A soldier who lost all four limbs during an explosion in Afghanistan hopes to inspire others with his story of how he recovered from his injuries and got on with his life partly by helping other amputees.
- Man in murder case waives right to lawyer via interpreter Updated: Dec-01-15 4:03 pm
AUBURN, Maine - A Lewiston man charged with killing his pregnant girlfriend last year has waived his right to have a lawyer represent him at his murder trial.
- New bill would have states sign off on national monuments Updated: Dec-01-15 3:50 pm
WASHINGTON - A U.S. representative is proposing a bill that would require national monument designations to receive approval from a state's governor and Legislature.
- 2 in court after arrest in Bangor killing case Updated: Dec-01-15 3:41 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Two men charged with killing a Bangor man and wounding another person are slated to appear in court.
- Maine woman tapes free coats to light poles for the needy Updated: Dec-01-15 10:58 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A woman in Portland, Maine, is starting a campaign to encourage people to tape free coats to light poles to help the needy this winter.
- Riverview ex-patient sues state over pepper spray incident Updated: Dec-01-15 10:47 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A former patient at a Maine psychiatric hospital who was pepper-sprayed and restrained by a worker is suing the state over the incident.
- James Conneely tapped to lead UMaine at Augusta Updated: Dec-01-15 10:34 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The former president of a small liberal arts college in Maryland has been tapped to lead the University of Maine at Augusta.
- Ex-Maine Guard chief of staff denies ethics violations Updated: Dec-01-15 10:31 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A former chief of staff for the Maine Army National Guard says a new report accusing him of abusing his rank and title for personal gain is a "malicious work of fiction."
- Vigil to be held for Planned Parenthood shooting victims Updated: Dec-01-15 7:42 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Faith leaders are joining members of Planned Parenthood of Northern New England in a candlelight vigil in Maine for the victims and the community of Colorado Springs, Colorado, following a fatal shooting at a clinic there.
- Federal judge rules to release Nova Star ferry from custody Updated: Dec-01-15 6:57 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A federal magistrate judge has ruled that the Nova Star ferry may be released from custody after the ship was seized while the ferry service settled its financial affairs.
- Donated island off Maine coast becomes 'living laboratory' Updated: Dec-01-15 6:54 am
SACO, Maine - The University of New England has transformed a recently donated island off the coast of Saco into a "living laboratory" to allow students the opportunity to examine marine life and the effects of climate change.
- Maine's winter hunting seasons get started with bobcat hunt Updated: Dec-01-15 4:35 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's winter hunting seasons are getting into full swing as the fall big game hunts wrap up.
- Cross Insurance executive dies at 58 Updated: Nov-30-15 3:08 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Brent Cross, son of the founder of Cross Insurance, has died after a battle with cancer. He was 58.
- Maine legislature won't take up earned sick time bill Updated: Nov-30-15 2:05 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A bill designed to allow workers at companies with 11 or more employees to earn paid sick leave will not come up for debate in the coming legislative session.
- Price of gas in Maine up nearly a penny Updated: Nov-30-15 9:40 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The average retail price of gasoline has gone up nearly a penny per gallon in the past week.
- 2 die in crashes in Maine over weekend Updated: Nov-30-15 7:35 am
MEDWAY, Maine - Maine State Police say a woman was killed and her husband was injured in a one-car crash on Interstate 95 just south of Medway.
- Police investigating bullet found at Portland hotel room Updated: Nov-30-15 6:56 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Police are investigating after a bullet was found embedded in a second-floor room of a Portland hotel over the weekend.
- Church boots sex offender support group at college's request Updated: Nov-30-15 6:53 am
BRUNSWICK, Maine - A Brunswick church has complied with a request by Bowdoin College to stop renting space to an independent support group for sex offenders following an alleged rape and an attempted assault near the school's campus.
- Columbus Crew, Portland Timbers advance to MLS final Updated: Nov-29-15 10:46 pm
- Maine picks up its 2nd win in a row, holds off CCSU 81-74 Updated: Nov-29-15 6:25 pm
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - Kevin Little scored 19 points and Ilija Stojiljkovic grabbed 11 rebounds and Maine picked up its first road win of the season, holding off Central Connecticut State, 81-74 on Sunday afternoon.
- NJIT easily handles Maine-Fort Kent 89-60 Updated: Nov-29-15 4:09 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Tim Coleman scored 21 points and NJIT had little trouble with Maine-Fort Kent, knocking off the USCAA member 89-60 on Sunday.
- Maine marine engineer cousins crafting custom snow skis Updated: Nov-29-15 3:30 pm
BETHEL, Maine - Two cousins in Maine - both marine engineers - have teamed up to design and manufacture recreational skis.
- Maine ski resort focuses on safety after chairlift accidents Updated: Nov-29-15 1:04 pm
CARRABASSETT VALLEY, Maine - A Maine ski resort that's responsible for two of three chairlift mechanical failures that led to injuries in the past five years is working to make sure it doesn't happen again.