- Gov. Sandoval signs bill to fight prescription drug abuse Updated: May-05-15 2:10 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Gov. Brian Sandoval signed a bill Tuesday aimed at intervening before patients get hooked on painkillers and making it easier for people to access medicine that can reverse potentially deadly overdoses.
- Drought across West could create perfect storm fire season Updated: May-04-15 9:38 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Drought and weather conditions across the West could create ideal conditions for simultaneous wildfires and make it tougher for Nevada to get out-of-state aid, fire officials said.
- Despite conflicts, Assembly GOP optimistic as session closes Updated: May-03-15 1:46 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Eruptions of conflict between the 25 Nevada Assembly Republican caucus members become seemingly more and more routine over the first few months of the Legislature.
- Historic northern Nevada Indian school gets $20,000 donation Updated: Apr-30-15 3:25 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The organization that supported events celebrating Nevada's 150th birthday has donated $20,000 toward an oral history program at a historic northern Nevada Indian school.
- Correction: Las Vegas Schools-Breakup story Updated: Apr-28-15 1:45 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - In a story April 27 about a bill to break up the Clark County School District, The Associated Press reported erroneously Legislative Counsel Bureau head Rick Combs' financial recommendation for a study. Combs recommended setting aside $500,000 for the project, not $800,000.
- Carson City man, 40, dies from injuries in weekend crash Updated: Apr-27-15 5:48 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A 40-year-old Carson City man has died from injuries he suffered in a single-car crash over the weekend on South Carson Street.
- Carson City firefighters rescue 12-year-old boy Updated: Apr-24-15 10:25 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A 12-year-old Carson City boy was rescued from his burning house on Thursday morning.
- Unions rally again as bills limiting bargaining advance Updated: Apr-23-15 6:55 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Union members say they're protesting for the third time this legislative session in hopes of keeping pressure on Nevada lawmakers to support pro-labor policies.
- Special use permit eyed for 10.5-acre project in Carson City Updated: Apr-18-15 9:46 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Developers are seeking a special use permit for a 10.5-acre project featuring a 10-story hotel and multi-story office structures in Carson City.
- Rite of Passage sues state over closure of Red Rock Academy Updated: Apr-17-15 7:43 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The contractor that ran Nevada's only maximum security youth prison is suing the state over the closure of Rite of Passage's Red Rock Academy north of Las Vegas.
- Wall honoring Nevada Guard to be unveiled in Carson City Updated: Apr-17-15 12:16 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Officials are unveiling a memorial wall with the names of nearly 3,000 Nevada National Guard soldiers and airmen who have served in combat zones since Sept. 11, 2001.
- 84-year-old inmate dies in northern Nevada prison Updated: Apr-16-15 8:22 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Authorities say an 84-year-old inmate in prison for second-degree murder and use of a deadly weapon has died.
- Lawsuits point to multiple inmate shootings at Nevada prison Updated: Apr-15-15 7:38 pm
LAS VEGAS - Lawsuits and data point to multiple cases of guards firing shotguns at inmates at a Nevada state prison where a handcuffed prisoner was killed by a corrections officer trainee last November.
- Nevada average gas price down a dime from March, now $2.78 Updated: Apr-15-15 6:14 am
RENO, Nevada - Gas prices in Nevada have dropped about a dime over the past month to $2.78 per gallon, but they vary widely across the state.
- Carson City man sentenced to 10 years on child pornography charges Updated: Apr-13-15 6:16 pm
RENO, Nevada - A 30-year-old Carson City man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison on child pornography charges after an FBI sting caught him with more than 6,000 pornographic images and videos on his cellphones.
- Drug informant charged after fleeing with sheriff's money Updated: Apr-13-15 3:05 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A man who agreed to be an informant in a drug sting operation but tried to flee with the sheriff's money is facing felony charges.
- Inmate dies at Northern Nevada Correctional Center Updated: Apr-11-15 9:47 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - An inmate serving time for Washoe County crimes has died at the Northern Nevada Correctional Center in Carson City.