- Carson City teen serious after hit by pickup in crosswalk Updated: May-27-15 8:17 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A 13-year-old Carson City girl who was hit by a pickup truck while crossing South Carson Street in a marked crosswalk remains in serious condition at a Reno hospital.
- Nevada lawmakers approve money for execution chamber in Ely Updated: May-20-15 3:57 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada lawmakers on Wednesday approved spending about $860,000 on a new execution chamber at the remote Ely State Prison, the maximum security facility in eastern Nevada where the state's death row inmates are held.
- Nevada Appeal celebrates 150 years of local news Updated: May-18-15 2:02 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The Nevada Appeal is just several months younger than the state itself and like Nevada last year, the newspaper recently reached its own sesquicentennial milestone.
- Possible GOP presidential contender Santorum visits Nevada Updated: May-15-15 1:23 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Rick Santorum is the latest potential presidential candidate to visit Nevada this week.
- Owners of Carson City rental charged with discrimination Updated: May-09-15 9:05 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has charged the owners of a Carson City rental house with refusing to rent to a couple because they have children.
- Drug informant charged after fleeing ordered to stand trial Updated: May-09-15 8:37 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A man accused of fleeing with the sheriff's money after agreeing to be an informant in a Carson City drug sting operation has been ordered to stand trial.
- Amodei doesn't rule out race for Nevada governor in 2018 Updated: May-09-15 8:17 pm
RENO, Nevada - U.S. Rep. Mark Amodei says he won't run for the U.S. Senate next year, but he hasn't ruled out a race for governor or attorney general in 2018.
- 2 fallen Vegas officers honored at annual police memorial Updated: May-07-15 5:47 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada lawmakers and elected officials memorialized two police officers who were ambushed and killed last year while eating lunch in Las Vegas.
- Gov. Sandoval signs bill to fight prescription drug abuse Updated: May-05-15 2:10 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Gov. Brian Sandoval signed a bill Tuesday aimed at intervening before patients get hooked on painkillers and making it easier for people to access medicine that can reverse potentially deadly overdoses.
- Drought across West could create perfect storm fire season Updated: May-04-15 9:38 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Drought and weather conditions across the West could create ideal conditions for simultaneous wildfires and make it tougher for Nevada to get out-of-state aid, fire officials said.
- Despite conflicts, Assembly GOP optimistic as session closes Updated: May-03-15 1:46 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Eruptions of conflict between the 25 Nevada Assembly Republican caucus members become seemingly more and more routine over the first few months of the Legislature.
- Historic northern Nevada Indian school gets $20,000 donation Updated: Apr-30-15 3:25 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The organization that supported events celebrating Nevada's 150th birthday has donated $20,000 toward an oral history program at a historic northern Nevada Indian school.