- Parents oppose paying to keep school choice program on hold Updated: Feb-07-16 8:00 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A group opposed to Nevada's new Education Savings Account program says it shouldn't have to post a quarter-million-dollar bond to cover the costs of putting the program on hold.
- Nevada among states outlawing guns for domestic abusers Updated: Feb-06-16 10:55 am
LAS VEGAS - As convicted felons with criminal histories including violence against former domestic partners, neither Keith Junior Barlow nor Robert Brown Jr. should have had a gun.
- 1 dead after suspect strikes deputy's car after chase Updated: Feb-05-16 1:14 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Highway Patrol is investigating after a high speed chase in Carson City ended with a man's death.
- Lee, Roberson have money lead in Nevada House primaries Updated: Feb-01-16 8:37 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The state of play in Nevada's four congressional races is coming into sharper focus after candidates filed quarterly financial reports over the weekend with the Federal Election Commission. Here's a look at who's ahead in the campaign money game:
- Carson judge overturns Vegas assemblyman's DUI conviction Updated: Jan-27-16 2:43 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A Carson City judge overturned a Nevada assemblyman's convictions of driving under the influence and possessing a firearm while intoxicated, agreeing with defense lawyers who argued a blood test taken at the time of his arrest last year shouldn't have been admitted as evidence.
- Jobless rates inch down in Nevada's main metro areas Updated: Jan-26-16 7:26 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Unemployment rates are ticking down in Nevada's three main metropolitan areas.
- 7 people now charged in Carson City shooting Updated: Jan-26-16 8:44 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Police say seven people have now been arrested in connection with an 18-year-old's shooting death in Carson City.
- Nevada asks supreme court for speedy school choice appeal Updated: Jan-21-16 5:10 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Attorney General Adam Laxalt has filed a formal request that the Nevada Supreme Court speed up a decision about the state's halted school choice program.
- Proposal to raise Nevada minimum wage to $13 moves forward Updated: Jan-20-16 7:49 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A Carson City judge says a proposed ballot measure to gradually raise Nevada's minimum wage to $13 can move forward.
- Inmate dies at Northern Nevada Correctional Center Updated: Jan-19-16 10:32 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - An inmate who had been committed from Washoe County has died at the Northern Nevada Correctional Center in Carson City.
- Special session for Faraday costlier than 1 for Tesla Updated: Jan-18-16 10:34 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A special legislative session to lure electric carmaker Faraday Future to Nevada cost about twice as much as one to attract Tesla's battery factory, even though the deal itself was a fraction of the size.
- Panel denies requests to pause rooftop solar-rate hike Updated: Jan-13-16 10:57 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada energy regulators won't pause a controversial rate hike for rooftop solar customers, in spite of hours of pleas from hundreds of solar energy users, a supportive tweet from presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders and even a cameo from a movie star.