- Sheriff cleared of wrongdoing in suspect's death Updated: May-04-15 3:19 am
OCALA, Florida - A north Florida sheriff was cleared of wrongdoing in the death of an Ocala man whose stolen vehicle spun out of control during a high-speed chase after being bumped by the sheriff's SUV.
- Man abducts ex-girlfriend, threatens to cut off her head Updated: Apr-30-15 3:53 am
OCALA, Florida - Florida Highway Patrol officers have arrested a man who they say abducted his ex-girlfriend and threatened to cut off her head and slaughter her family.
- Homes damaged as tornado strikes near Ocala Updated: Apr-21-15 12:52 pm
OCALA, Florida - Authorities say a tornado touched down in an area of north Florida where dozens of homes were damaged by wind and failing trees.
- OSHA fines Duke Energy $90,000 in employee's death Updated: Apr-18-15 12:41 pm
REDDICK, Florida - Federal officials have fined Duke Energy Florida Inc. $90,000 in the death of an employee electrocuted at a north Florida substation.
- Florida cop killed in training accident to be buried in NY Updated: Apr-16-15 5:47 am
LOCKPORT, New York - The body of a western New York native accidentally shot during a police training session in Florida has been brought back to his hometown for burial.
- Ocala man sentenced for stabbing girlfriend's dog Updated: Apr-14-15 6:41 am
OCALA, Florida - A 50-year-old Ocala man has been sentenced to two years in prison for stabbing and beating his girlfriend's dog.
- Driver alleges he was pulled over by armored vehicle Updated: Apr-14-15 3:49 am
OCALA, Florida - The Alachua County Sheriff is investigating why an armored vehicle pulled over a driver who allegedly flipped them the bird.
- Ocala mourns officer accidentally shot during training Updated: Apr-11-15 3:56 pm
OCALA, Florida - A central Florida community is gathering to mourn a police officer accidentally shot during a training session at a gun range.