- Man shot to death in Pasco identified Updated: Oct-08-15 6:48 pm
PASCO, Washington - The Franklin County Coroner's Office has identified an 18-year-old man fatally shot in the head in Pasco.
- Massive Hanford downwinders case is closing Updated: Oct-08-15 1:23 pm
RICHLAND, Washington - A long-running federal court lawsuit filed by people who contend their health was damaged by radioactive emissions from the Hanford Nuclear Reservation is finally ending.
- Prosecutor: Police justified in fatal Kennewick shooting Updated: Oct-07-15 7:32 pm
KENNEWICK, Washington - A Benton County prosecutor has cleared a police officer and sheriff's deputy in the fatal shooting of a man during a standoff in May.
- ACLU lawsuit: County jails people who can't pay court fines Updated: Oct-06-15 6:08 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - The American Civil Liberties Union sued a county in Washington state Tuesday, accusing it of sending people to jail or forcing them to toil on work crews if they fail to pay their court fines - a practice that makes the poor poorer and amounts to a "modern-day debtors' prison," the organization said.
- Richland lawyer appointed as new judge Benton-Franklin bench Updated: Oct-06-15 6:12 am
TRI-CITIES, Washington - Gov. Jay Inslee has appointed a Richland lawyer to a newly created position on the Benton-Franklin Superior Court.
- Pasco Police: Teen shot while trying to steal pot plants Updated: Oct-03-15 9:35 am
PASCO, Washington - A 16-year-old was shot while reportedly attempting to steal marijuana plants from a backyard in eastern Washington.
- Review: Officers did not violate policies in killing Updated: Sep-23-15 7:44 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Police officers did not violate policies and procedures when they shot an orchard worker to death in Washington state as he threw rocks at them in Pasco, according to an independent review released Wednesday.
- Federal grant to fund police radios in Franklin County Updated: Sep-15-15 2:07 pm
KENNEWICK, Washington - Members of law enforcement in Franklin County are getting new radios through a federal grant.
- Pasco teachers overwhelmingly approve contract, end strike Updated: Sep-14-15 3:54 pm
PASCO, Washington - Teachers in Pasco have voted overwhelmingly to approve a contract agreement and end their two-week strike.
- Richland Iraqi refugee's citizenship is stalled Updated: Sep-12-15 10:21 am
KENNEWICK, Washington - A lot has gone right for Mushtaq Jihad in past year or so.
- Seattle teacher strike keeps kids home on 1st day of school Updated: Sep-09-15 7:16 pm
SEATTLE - Thousands of Seattle teachers marched on picket lines Wednesday, striking for the first time in three decades amid increasing complaints that their salaries have not kept up with the city's booming tech economy.
- First phase completed at Tri-Cities Airport Updated: Sep-09-15 12:29 pm
KENNEWICK, Washington - The first phase of the Tri-Cities Airport will open in Pasco on Thursday.
- Portion of Hanford may be removed from hazardous list Updated: Sep-09-15 11:17 am
RICHLAND, Washington - For the first time, the state of Washington is proposing to remove a portion of the Hanford Nuclear Reservation from its list of hazardous sites.
- Spokane murder-for-hire suspect requests new trial location Updated: Sep-09-15 4:54 am
SPOKANE, Washington - A man accused of plotting a Spokane murder-for-hire has requested his trial be moved to Richland or another eastern Washington venue.