- 5 suspects arrested in attack on Bangladesh pastor Updated: Oct-12-15 9:46 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Police in northwestern Bangladesh said they have arrested five suspected members of a banned radical group for alleged involvement in an attempt to kill a Christian pastor.
- Expats spooked after 2 foreigners gunned down in Bangladesh Updated: Oct-09-15 5:45 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - The cafes and restaurants are empty. The chatter of guests in hotel lobbies has gone quiet. The high-walled embassy compounds are even more closely guarded.
- Christian pastor survives knife attack at home in Bangladesh Updated: Oct-06-15 9:42 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A Bangladeshi pastor survived an attempt on his life by three men who came to his home pretending to want to learn about Christianity, police and the victim said Tuesday.
- Murders test Bangladesh claims that radical Islam in check Updated: Oct-02-15 7:00 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A string of slayings claimed by radical Islamic groups has Bangladesh scrambling to contain what appears to be a rising tide of extremism, and it couldn't have come at a worse time - the country's fragile economic growth is faltering this year amid renewed political unrest.
- Islamic State group says it guns down Italian in Bangladesh Updated: Sep-29-15 5:06 pm
DHAKA, Bangladesh - The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for gunning down an Italian aid worker in the diplomatic quarter of Bangladesh's capital, according to an intelligence group that monitors jihadist threats, while the government said it had no evidence to back up that claim.
- Bangladesh says it meets US factory safety conditions Updated: Sep-23-15 8:54 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Bangladesh said it has met the conditions put forward by the United States for better safety and workers' rights in its factories that were essential to regain preferential trade status the impoverished South Asian nation lost in 2013 after two disasters killed 1,500 garment workers.