- Look at key radical Islamist groups in Bangladesh Updated: Nov-27-15 7:29 pm
NEW DELHI - Gunmen attacked a Shiite mosque in Bangladesh, killing one person and wounding three others, in the latest in a wave of deadly assaults this year on foreigners, secular writers and members of the Shiite community in the Sunni-majority nation.
- Affiliate of IS group claims Bangladesh Shiite mosque attack Updated: Nov-27-15 4:27 am
NEW DELHI - An Islamic State group affiliate in Bangladesh said Friday it was behind an attack on a Shiite mosque in the country's north that killed one man and wounded three others.
- Bangladesh police investigate missing Japanese businesswoman Updated: Nov-24-15 9:29 am
NEW DELHI - Police in Bangladesh have opened a murder investigation in the disappearance of a Japanese businesswoman following reports that her body was buried in a graveyard under a false name.
- Italian priest attacked in Bangladesh Updated: Nov-18-15 4:08 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Three men fired shots at an Italian priest Wednesday as he rode his bicycle to church in northern Bangladesh, sending him to a hospital with head injuries amid a surge in militant violence this year.
- Bangladesh bloggers fear deadly backlash won't end soon Updated: Nov-13-15 9:07 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Omi Rahman Pial has changed homes five times in the last three months. He hasn't seen his young daughter in weeks and is afraid to be seen on the streets of Dhaka, Bangladesh's capital and home to several grisly killings of secular bloggers like him.
- Australia to go ahead with World Cup qualifier in Bangladesh Updated: Nov-12-15 9:55 pm
SYDNEY - Football Federation Australia said Friday the Socceroos will travel to Bangladesh as scheduled for their 2018 World Cup qualifier in Dhaka on Tuesday despite security concerns.
- India says Bangladesh hands over Indian rebel leader Updated: Nov-11-15 2:29 am
GAUHATI, India - Bangladesh on Friday handed over a jailed Indian rebel leader whose group has been fighting to free the northeastern Indian state of Assam from New Delhi's rule, officials said.
- Bangladesh police probe local radicals in latest attacks Updated: Nov-01-15 7:14 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Police in Bangladesh said Sunday that they were investigating the possibility a local radical Islamic group was behind two attacks on publishing houses in the capital this weekend that left a publisher of secular books dead and another critically wounded.