- TV: 2 dead, 100 injured in Bangladesh from Nepal quake Updated: Apr-25-15 5:40 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A TV report says that two people were killed and more than 100 injured in Bangladesh in an earthquake that originated in Nepal.
- Bangladesh mourns anniversary of garment factory disaster Updated: Apr-24-15 10:04 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Survivors and relatives of victims of a garment factory collapse in Bangladesh marched Friday to demand better compensation on the second anniversary of the disaster that killed more than 1,100 people.
- Bangladesh guardedly welcomes Benetton factory victim pledge Updated: Apr-18-15 10:02 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A Bangladeshi garment industry leader on Saturday guardedly welcomed Italian retailer Benetton's pledge of more than $1 million to victims of a factory collapse that killed over 1,100 people two years ago, saying it had come late but was appreciated.
- Bangladesh on alert after execution, applauded by many Updated: Apr-12-15 3:53 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Thousands of Bangladeshis poured onto the streets to applaud the execution of an Islamist party official on charges of crimes against humanity during the country's 1971 independence war, while security forces were on alert Sunday for a possible backlash from his supporters.
- 36 dead, dozens hurt as tropical storms lash Bangladesh Updated: Apr-06-15 11:59 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Separate tropical storms that swept through parts of Bangladesh have left at least 36 people dead and scores injured.