- The Pizza Man delivers win in Hollywood Turf Cup at Del Mar Updated: Nov-26-15 6:11 pm
DEL MAR, California - The Pizza Man delivered a two-length victory in the $250,000 Hollywood Turf Cup on Thursday at Del Mar.
- Man charged in tourist's stabbing on Hollywood Walk of Fame Updated: Nov-20-15 1:47 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles man has been charged with attempted murder and assault in the unprovoked stabbing of a Russian tourist on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Remaining 2 NC Wyeth paintings stolen in 2013 are recovered Updated: Nov-19-15 7:33 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A pair of stolen N.C. Wyeth paintings worth up to $500,000 apiece have been recovered and will be displayed in Maine along with four other stolen paintings recouped nearly a year ago in California, officials said Thursday.
- Felon sentenced for strangling ex-Hollywood High teacher Updated: Nov-18-15 2:21 pm
LOS ANGELES - A felon convicted of strangling his prison pen pal, a retired Hollywood High School English teacher, has been sentenced to prison again.
- Michael Gross, who created 'Ghostbusters' logo, dies at 70 Updated: Nov-18-15 9:31 am
LOS ANGELES - Michael C. Gross, an artist, illustrator, film producer and personal designer who created two of the most iconic pop culture images of the 20th century - the enduring "Ghostbusters" logo and a dog with a gun to its head for the cover of National Lampoon - has died of cancer at age 70.
- Woman hit by tree branch on LA tour bus awarded $3.5 million Updated: Nov-13-15 6:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - A jury has awarded $3.5 million to a woman who says she was permanently disfigured when a tree branch hit her in the face as she rode on a Hollywood tour bus.
- Police: Man punches 'NCIS' actress near her Hollywood home Updated: Nov-13-15 6:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - "NCIS" actress Pauley Perrette says she felt "alone, terrified and trapped" when a man attacked her and threatened to kill her as she walked in front of her Hollywood home.
- Anomaly of 3 female-directed releases shows flaws in system Updated: Nov-13-15 1:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - This weekend, audiences can go deep underground with Antonio Banderas to experience the plight of the trapped Chilean miners in "The 33," sing Christmas carols with John Goodman and Diane Keaton in "Love the Coopers," and gawk voyeuristically at Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's well-heeled depressives in "By the Sea."
- Christina Aguilera offers well wishes to Shelton, Stefani Updated: Nov-13-15 3:28 am
WEST HOLLYWOOD, California - Christina Aguilera wishes nothing but the best for fellow "The Voice" mentors Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani.
- J.J. Abrams, 'Infinity Blade' maker join forces for new game Updated: Nov-11-15 8:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - Two years ago, when the creator of the hit mobile game series "Infinity Blade" joked at the latest iPhone unveiling that the device would boast "lens flares that would make J.J. Abrams proud," Chair Entertainment co-founder Donald Mustard was actually making an inside reference to his top-secret collaboration with the "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" filmmaker.
- Spike Lee shares worst film experience, top career moments Updated: Nov-10-15 8:35 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Spike Lee gets so excited when talking about movies, he can barely sit down. Reflecting on his career as he prepares to accept an honorary Oscar, the 58-year-old suddenly stands up and bounds around as he considers various ideas, at times bellowing so exuberantly, it echoes. Lee laughs as easily as he gets serious, and says he's profoundly touched by the film academy honor he'll receive Saturday at the seventh annual Governors Awards.
- Despite trolls, industry, public embrace diversity casting Updated: Nov-10-15 8:17 am
LOS ANGELES - "Spectre," the 24th James Bond film in 53 years, has just kicked off its theatrical release, scoring the second highest domestic opening in franchise history. Yet fans have been speculating for months who the next 007 will be, since four-timer Daniel Craig is nearing the end of his run.
- Hardwicke blasts back with Gaga video, dramedy Updated: Nov-07-15 12:30 pm
LOS ANGELES - Catherine Hardwicke is not bitter.
- George Barris, creator of TV's original Batmobile, has died Updated: Nov-05-15 7:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - George Barris, the legendary custom car builder who created television's original Batmobile and helped define California's car culture with colorfully designed vehicles ranging from the stunningly beautiful to the simply outrageous, died Thursday. He was 89.
- Kris Jenner, game studio sued over Kim Kardashian video game Updated: Nov-05-15 4:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - A video game company is suing a rival studio and Kris Jenner, saying its idea for a Kim Kardashian mobile game was stolen.
- Screenwriter for 'E.T.,' Melissa Mathison, dies at 65 Updated: Nov-05-15 12:46 pm
LOS ANGELES - Melissa Mathison never wrote down to her audiences.
- Fire damages singer Johnny Mathis' Los Angeles home Updated: Nov-03-15 4:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - A fire has damaged singer Johnny Mathis' longtime home in the Hollywood Hills.
- Will Smith quells 'Concussion' controversy at Film Awards Updated: Nov-02-15 9:33 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Will Smith isn't expecting any pushback from the NFL over his upcoming football drama, "Concussion."
- Bullock steps into a man's role in 'Our Brand is Crisis' Updated: Oct-28-15 11:30 am
LOS ANGELES - Is she going to be hot?