- Trooper: Colleague broke law in roadside strip search Updated: Sep-03-15 10:40 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - An Illinois State Police supervisor testified Thursday that he was "shocked" after watching a videotape of a colleague's roadside strip search of a motorist during an East St. Louis traffic stop.
- Officials begin process of dissolving Belleville Township Updated: Sep-02-15 5:07 pm
BELLEVILLE TOWNSHIP, Illinois - Officials in a southwestern Illinois community have cleared the first hurdle in dissolving the 130-year-old township.
- Illinois investigates parole board members' bankruptcies Updated: Aug-30-15 1:44 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - Illinois is investigating bankruptcy filings by two state parole board members after recent newspaper reports highlighting the personal financial problems of several political appointees.
- Belleville man charged in St. Louis New Year's Eve crash Updated: Aug-29-15 11:10 am
ST. LOUIS - A 27-year-old southern Illinois man has been charged with involuntary manslaughter in connection with a New Year's Eve collision in St. Louis.
- Rauner signs bill allowing township government to dissolve Updated: Aug-28-15 5:13 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner has signed a bill that will allow a southern Illinois township board to vote to dissolve the unit of government to save taxpayer funds.
- Belleville hospital to align with St. Louis provider Updated: Aug-25-15 1:58 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A Belleville hospital has won state approval to align with a prominent St. Louis health care network.
- Group again asks high school to drop 'Midgets' nickname Updated: Aug-21-15 1:52 pm
FREEBURG, Illinois - A group representing people with dwarfism and some community members are again asking a southern Illinois high school to drop a 'Midgets' nickname they call offensive.
- Environmental reviews of possible spy agency sites delayed Updated: Aug-14-15 4:09 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - Environmental reviews of four possible sites for a federal spy agency's new St. Louis-area regional headquarters have been delayed by several months.
- Illinois housing agency offers federal down payment help Updated: Aug-08-15 4:09 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - Help with down payments for first-time home buyers is available from the Illinois Housing Development Authority.