- Etihad Airways profit jumps by over half to $73 million Updated: May-28-15 10:21 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Etihad Airways, the United Arab Emirates' fast-growing national carrier, said Thursday its profit rose by more than half to $73 million last year but warned that "aggressive protectionist sentiment" in the West threatens its future prospects.
- United Arab Emirates launches national space agency strategy Updated: May-25-15 11:01 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates on Monday laid out a strategic framework for a newly created space agency that aims to integrate various arms of the Gulf federation's burgeoning space industry.
- Sailor from Chicago suburb dies on deployment in Abu Dhabi Updated: May-24-15 5:06 am
LISLE, Illinois - A U.S. sailor from the Chicago suburb of Lisle has died in a noncombat incident during his first deployment overseas.
- Fire breaks out for second time at Abu Dhabi's Masdar site Updated: May-17-15 5:46 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The company behind a high-profile green-energy technology community in Abu Dhabi says a fire has broken out on the site for the second time in a week.
- Flight from Cairo to Abu Dhabi diverted for security reasons Updated: May-10-15 8:02 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - An Etihad Airways flight from Cairo to Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, was diverted to a military air base in Dubai on Sunday for "security reasons," the airline said.
- Abu Dhabi to stop hosting international film festival Updated: May-07-15 10:49 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Organizers of the Abu Dhabi Film Festival said Thursday they are shutting down the annual international event after eight years, even as the oil-rich emirate attracts greater attention from Hollywood studios.