- Alonso plays down talk of taking a year off Updated: Nov-28-15 10:54 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Fernando Alonso has played down suggestions he could take a sabbatical from Formula One in 2016 due to McLaren's poor performance this season.
- Rosberg takes pole for Abu Dhabi GP, ahead of Hamilton Updated: Nov-28-15 10:01 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Nico Rosberg extended his streak of pole positions to six when he edged Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton in Saturday's qualifying session for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
- Mercedes wants F1 ruling on aerodynamic collusion Updated: Nov-28-15 8:16 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Mercedes has demanded clarification from Formula One authorities on rules restricting aerodynamic testing and preventing collusion between rival teams.
- Israel 'soon' to open Abu Dhabi office for renewable energy Updated: Nov-27-15 1:35 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel "soon" will open an office focused on renewable energy in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates - even though the two nations have no diplomatic relations, an Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman said Friday.
- Formula One grapples major problems on the track and off Updated: Nov-27-15 7:02 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Wounded by another predictable and dull championship, and locked in a decision-making paralysis, the end of the Formula One season comes more as a relief than a climax.
- Parched Emirates relies on sea as groundwater runs out Updated: Nov-24-15 1:54 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - As skyscrapers and gleaming towers rose with lightning speed across the United Arab Emirates over the past two decades, the Gulf nation's thirst for water grew at an enormous rate - so much so that today, it threatens to dry up all of the country's groundwater in as little as 15 years, experts say.
- UAE court sentences Islamist Kuwaiti politician for critique Updated: Nov-23-15 2:53 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates' state news agency says the country's Federal Supreme Court has convicted a former Islamist lawmaker from Kuwait of insulting the country's leadership and spreading false rumors in a televised interview
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to defeat Islamic State Updated: Nov-23-15 11:07 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - The United States is seeking new military, counterterrorism and diplomatic ideas to destroy the Islamic State group faster, Secretary of State John Kerry said Monday, acknowledging the difficulty in eliminating extremists who've exploited four years of chaos in the Middle East to become a global threat. He said greater military cooperation with Russia was possible under the right circumstances.
- Spieth, Fowler to play Abu Dhabi with McIlroy Updated: Nov-11-15 10:53 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Masters and U.S. Open champion Jordan Spieth completed his early-season Asia swing with Wednesday's announcement that he will play the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship in January.
- Strain of low oil prices apparent even at plush Gulf meeting Updated: Nov-09-15 12:34 pm
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - On stage only a short time after the United Arab Emirates said it would increase its oil production despite low worldwide prices, the oil and gas minister of neighboring Oman didn't pull any punches.
- UPenn enters deal with Abu Dhabi-based VPS Healthcare Updated: Nov-02-15 7:35 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - The University of Pennsylvania Health System has entered a partnership with Abu Dhabi-based VPS Healthcare.