- Farfan leaves Schalke to join Al Jazira in Abu Dhabi Updated: Jul-24-15 7:23 am
GELSENKIRCHEN, Germany - Schalke says Peru forward Jefferson Farfan is leaving the Bundesliga club to join Abu Dhabi club Al Jazira.
- Abu Dhabi to host 2020 short-course swimming worlds Updated: Jul-22-15 12:57 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates will host the 2020 swimming short-course world championships.
- United Arab Emirates issues anti-intolerance law Updated: Jul-20-15 11:18 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates issued new legislation aimed at combatting intolerance on Monday, outlawing actions that stoke religious hatred and discriminate based on religious or ethnic background.
- Developer of Louvre in Abu Dhabi reports first worker death Updated: Jul-20-15 7:46 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The developer of a branch of the Louvre being built in the Emirati capital says one of the workers on the project has died in the first such incident on the project.
- Muslim scholars use Ramadan to push for an Islamic renewal Updated: Jul-16-15 3:40 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - During the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, Muslims are called on to reflect on their faith as they conduct their daily fast. This past month, some clerics and scholars reflected on ways to reform the religious discourse in Islam to keep up with modern-day challenges and oppose extremism.
- Parts of next 'Star Trek' film to shoot in futuristic Dubai Updated: Jul-12-15 8:41 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - "Star Trek" is boldly going where it has not gone before.
- US, UAE launch anti-IS online messaging center in Abu Dhabi Updated: Jul-08-15 3:41 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The U.S. and Emirati governments launched a new Mideast digital communications center Wednesday focused on using social media to counter the Islamic State group's propaganda efforts online.