- Driver in fatal trooper crash says accelerator was stuck Updated: May-25-15 5:28 pm
LONGMONT, Colorado - The driver accused of killing a Colorado State Patrol cadet and critically injuring a trooper claims he crashed into them after his car malfunctioned, according to court documents.
- Ethiopia's Belete Assefa, Meskerem Assefa win Bolder Boulder Updated: May-25-15 5:16 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Runners from Ethiopia won the Bolder Boulder professional 10K race on Monday while two Colorado residents were the top man and woman in the citizens' race.
- Flood threat eases in northeastern Colorado Updated: May-25-15 4:35 pm
STERLING, Colorado - The flood threat in northeastern Colorado has eased for now but Logan County residents are being asked to remain alert because of additional storms expected during the week.
- Hidden ball trick helps Rye win Class 2A baseball title Updated: May-25-15 4:25 pm
PUEBLO, Colorado - Rye High School is celebrating its second Class 2A baseball championship in five years with help from a hidden ball trick.
- 400 attend Memorial Day ceremony at Denver's Fort Logan Updated: May-25-15 4:19 pm
DENVER - About 400 people honored service members who died serving their country at the annual Memorial Day ceremony at Fort Logan National Cemetery.
- Greeley bank selling trust accounts but staying in business Updated: May-25-15 3:38 pm
GREELEY, Colorado - One of the last surviving community banks in Greeley is getting out of the trust business but will continue to serve its other customers.
- Study: High altitude may boost babies' risks for SIDS deaths Updated: May-25-15 1:56 am
CHICAGO - Lofty living may make babies vulnerable to sudden infant death syndrome, according to a Colorado study that found higher risks above 8,000 feet (2,400 meters).
- Hudson struggles as Giants lose 11-2 to Colorado Updated: May-24-15 11:05 pm
- Bettis pitches Rockies past Giants 11-2 Updated: May-24-15 10:35 pm
DENVER - Chad Bettis came close to his first complete game. He settled for the best outing of his young career.
- Aspen-area poor having trouble with accessing health care Updated: May-24-15 4:38 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - About 4,500 county residents in the Aspen area live at or below the federal poverty level, and Pitkin County health officials are trying to find options to help the area's low-income families receive the care they need because many doctors are not accepting public health insurance.
- Giants 3B McGehee designated for assignment Updated: May-24-15 4:02 pm
DENVER - The San Francisco Giants on Sunday designated third baseman Casey McGehee for assignment and recalled right-hander Hunter Strickland from Triple-A Sacramento.
- Ailing boy gets wish come true at Parachute ranch Updated: May-24-15 3:21 pm
PARACHUTE, Colorado - Beaming with a nervous and wide grin - the sort of uncontrollable grin that accompanies living one's dream - Bradley Skinner mounted his horse, Kansas, for the first time earlier this month. Grasping the reins as tightly as his hardened hands would allow, the two traveled alongside renowned horse trainer John Lyons at his sprawling facility in Parachute. It was a moment he will never forget.
- Boulder-area trail runner rescued after large rock traps him Updated: May-24-15 10:47 am
BOULDER, Colorado - A 46-year-old trail runner has been rescued after a large rock fell on his foot near the summit of Bear Peak near Boulder.
- Colorado beats Vancouver to end 11-game home winless streak Updated: May-23-15 11:44 pm
COMMERCE CITY, Colorado - Lucas Pittinari scored his first MLS goal and Colorado beat the Vancouver Whitecaps 1-0 on Saturday night to end the Rapids' 11-game home winless streak.
- Lyles suffers sprained toe as Rockies fall to Giants 10-8 Updated: May-23-15 11:08 pm
- Colorado State Patrol cadet killed, trooper injured in chase Updated: May-23-15 6:11 pm
LONGMONT, Colorado - A Colorado State Patrol cadet was killed and a trooper critically injured after they were hit while trying to stop a fleeing car near Longmont.
- Colorado city going dark this weekend to help stargazers Updated: May-23-15 4:32 pm
TELLURIDE, Colorado - Telluride residents were asked to turn out the lights on Saturday night and early Sunday to help stargazers see the night sky free of light pollution.
- Rockies activate Roberts, place Brown on DL Updated: May-23-15 3:05 pm
- Federal judge seals civil case about Grand Junction airport Updated: May-23-15 2:26 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - A federal judge in Denver has sealed an entire civil case involving an FBI raid at Grand Junction Regional Airport offices.
- Driver killed after crashing into condominium Updated: May-23-15 12:32 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Police are investigating what caused a driver to veer off the road and crash into a condominium in Colorado Springs early Saturday.
- Boulder consultant criticized for profanity-laced speech Updated: May-23-15 11:41 am
BOULDER, Colorado - The consultant paid $150,000 by Boulder to expand community outreach has attracted criticism for delivering a speech peppered with profanities.
- Evans construction company to build maze at hotel Updated: May-23-15 11:02 am
EVANS, Colorado - An Evans construction company has been given the contract to build a maze based on the movie "The Shining" at the hotel that inspired the scary novel.
- Memorial Day DUI Enforcement underway in Colorado Updated: May-23-15 6:01 am
DENVER - Law enforcement officers across Colorado are out in force this weekend looking for people who are driving while impaired.
- Texas woman dies in Clear Creek rafting accident Updated: May-22-15 11:19 pm
GEORGETOWN, Colorado - Authorities say a Texas woman is dead after a rafting accident in Clear Creek just east of Idaho Springs.
- Aurora fire that left woman dead was intentionally set Updated: May-22-15 10:08 pm
AURORA, Colorado - Investigators say a mobile home fire in Aurora that left one woman dead was intentionally set.