- Man arrested after woman stabbed to death in Aurora Updated: Feb-10-16 10:03 pm
AURORA, Colorado - Police have arrested a man suspected of stabbing a woman to death in an Aurora condominium.
- Woman linked to overdose death of teenager gets probation Updated: Feb-10-16 9:17 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A woman arrested in connection with the drug overdose death of a Colorado Springs teenager over the summer has been sentenced to six years of unsupervised probation.
- Inmate killed at prison in Ordway; few details released Updated: Feb-10-16 7:35 pm
ORDWAY, Colorado - Corrections officials are investigating after an inmate was killed at a prison in Ordway.
- Colorado still working on clean-air plan despite court delay Updated: Feb-10-16 7:28 pm
DENVER - Colorado officials say they'll keep working on the state's plan to comply with the Obama administration's clean-power regulations despite a U.S. Supreme Court order delaying enforcement of the rules.
- Correction: Super Bowl-Broncos Parade story Updated: Feb-10-16 6:57 pm
DENVER - In a story Feb. 9 about Denver celebrating the Broncos Super Bowl victory, The Associated Press erroneously reported the name of a fan and several of her relatives. The fan was Dorothy Ayze, not Ayce. Her daughter is Judy Klade, not Judy Ayce. Her granddaughter is Amanda Skenadore, not Amanda Ayce.
- Police: Jay Cutler's dead brother-in-law dealt with paranoia Updated: Feb-10-16 6:42 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The brother-in-law of NFL quarterback Jay Cutler was paranoid about being followed by gang members when he crashed his car in a remote part of Utah and wandered off to his death in frigid temperatures, according to police reports obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press.
- Lawmakers reject plan to make death penalty easier to give Updated: Feb-10-16 6:40 pm
DENVER - A bill that would make it easier for Colorado juries to give the death penalty failed Wednesday when a Republican senator joined Democrats in saying that unanimous verdicts for capital punishment should stay a requirement.
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Feb-10-16 6:19 pm
The Durango Herald, Feb. 3, on end-of-life choices for the terminally ill:
- Colorado mountain bike dog attack suit settled for $1M Updated: Feb-10-16 5:14 pm
EAGLE, Colorado - Lawyers for a woman attacked by two sheep dogs during a Colorado mountain bike race say they've settled a lawsuit against the dogs' owners for $1 million.
- Prosecutors: Man drove to Colorado for sex with minors Updated: Feb-10-16 4:15 pm
DENVER - A Connecticut man accused of driving across the country to have sex with minors in Colorado has been indicted by a federal grand jury.
- Unruly passenger diverts Boston-San Diego flight to Denver Updated: Feb-10-16 4:10 pm
DENVER - A plane heading to San Diego was diverted to Denver after witnesses say a passenger started yelling threats.
- Fort Collins police make arrests in fatal stabbing Updated: Feb-10-16 4:09 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - Fort Collins police have arrested two people after one woman died and another woman was wounded after being stabbed.
- Colorado agency: Fraud checks could delay some tax refunds Updated: Feb-10-16 3:12 pm
DENVER - Colorado officials are carefully reviewing tax returns after seeing an increase in fraud, meaning taxpayers might have to wait longer than usual for refunds, a spokeswoman said Wednesday.
- Few oil-gas companies say they can't meet new flood rules Updated: Feb-10-16 2:25 pm
DENVER - Only four of the estimated 500 oil and gas companies operating in Colorado say they can't meet the April 1 deadline to implement new safety rules to limit spills during major floods, according to regulators.
- Boy found dead in Denver home; deputy hurt on way to scene Updated: Feb-10-16 1:38 pm
DENVER - Authorities say they found a 6-year-old boy dead and a man suffering self-inflicted stab wounds inside a suburban Denver home where a woman said she was sexually assaulted at knife-point.
- WPX sells northwest Colorado operation for $910 million Updated: Feb-10-16 1:07 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - WPX Energy has sold its large natural gas operation in northwestern Colorado for $910 million.
- Durango officials explore housing for homeless population Updated: Feb-10-16 10:49 am
DURANGO, Colorado - Durango officials are considering long-term housing options for the city's homeless population.
- Horvat's 2 points lead Canucks past Avalanche 3-1 Updated: Feb-10-16 12:44 am
DENVER - The Vancouver Canucks got defensive Tuesday night to help stop their four-game skid.
- Colorado marijuana sales total close to $1 billion in 2015 Updated: Feb-10-16 12:03 am
DENVER - New state data shows that Colorado marijuana businesses sold nearly $1 billion in recreational and medical cannabis last year.
- Man sought in stabbing kills himself in Wyoming Updated: Feb-09-16 10:54 pm
DENVER - Investigators say a man suspected of stabbing a woman in suburban Denver killed himself during a standoff at a motel in Wyoming.
- Man hit by vehicle while lying in road, dies at hospital Updated: Feb-09-16 10:21 pm
DENVER - The Colorado State Patrol is investigating after a man was hit by a vehicle while lying in a road in Adams County.
- Colorado Springs passes new version of sit-lie ordinance Updated: Feb-09-16 10:09 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Colorado Springs officials have passed a revised version of an ordinance that prohibits sitting and lying on public sidewalks after months of pushback from homeless advocates.
- Evans man gets 20 years for biting girlfriend's eyelid off Updated: Feb-09-16 9:50 pm
GREELEY, Colorado - An Evans man who strangled his girlfriend and permanently disfigured her by biting one of her eyelids off has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- Documents: Men shipped Colorado pot in furniture, packages Updated: Feb-09-16 6:37 pm
DENVER - Authorities say five men conspired to send hundreds of pounds of Colorado pot to other states by hiding it in furniture and shipping it on commercial trucks.
- House approves bill to tighten control on VA construction Updated: Feb-09-16 5:19 pm
WASHINGTON - The House on Tuesday approved a bill to increase oversight and management of large construction projects at the Department of Veterans Affairs after a new VA hospital outside Denver tripled original cost estimates.