- Aspen-eating caterpillars won't kill trees near Santa Fe Updated: Jun-28-15 11:15 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Thousands of blackish-blue Western tent caterpillars have eaten the leaves of aspen trees in forests around Santa Fe.
- Vandals slash Durango outfitter's rafts Updated: Jun-28-15 11:04 am
DURANGO, Colorado - Vandals have slashed a Durango outfitter's rafts, causing $25,000 damage.
- Conservative group wrapping up Denver meeting Updated: Jun-28-15 4:04 am
DENVER - About 4,000 conservative activists gathered in Denver this weekend are wrapping up their meeting Sunday after hearing from six presidential hopefuls.
- GOP WH hopefuls deride gay marriage ruling Updated: Jun-28-15 12:04 am
DENVER - Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee told conservatives Saturday that the Supreme Court tried to "unwrite the laws of nature and the laws of nature's God" when it legalized gay marriage across the nation.
- State agency accused of violating rights of disabled Updated: Jun-27-15 4:20 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment has determined that human services officials violated the privacy, dignity and respect of people with disabilities during body checks to determine whether residents at state-run group homes had been abused.
- Colorado couple accused of starving 6-year-old girl Updated: Jun-27-15 2:50 pm
EVERGREEN, Colorado - An Evergreen couple has been arrested and accused of starving their 6-year-old daughter, who was brought to Children's Hospital Colorado weighing only 25 pounds.
- Denver commute times slightly longer than national average Updated: Jun-27-15 12:50 pm
DENVER - It's not in your head - driving to work in the Denver metro area can be a hassle, and people are taking slightly longer to get to their jobs than the national average commute time.
- Perlman named president, COO of Steamboat Ski Area Updated: Jun-27-15 12:35 pm
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colorado - Intrawest has announced the promotion of Rob Perlman, Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp.'s vice president of sales and marketing, to president and chief operating officer.
- Judge in theater shooting possesses cool head, strong will Updated: Jun-27-15 11:58 am
CENTENNIAL, Colorado - It was an agonizing decision. Should prosecutors be allowed to show a paralyzed mother a photo of her slain 6-year-old daughter while she testified in the Colorado theater shooting trial? Or would the image make her break down in tears and unfairly bias jurors against the gunman, James Holmes?
- Body recovered in the lake at the Broadmoor hotel Updated: Jun-27-15 11:48 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The Colorado Springs Fire Department says the body of a man has been recovered from the lake by the Broadmoor hotel.
- Officers focus on boating under the influence Updated: Jun-27-15 5:58 am
LITTLETON, Colorado - Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the Lake County Sheriff's Office are taking part in a nationally coordinated effort to reduce the number of accidents and deaths related to boating under the influence.
- Trial set for man involved in ATV crash that killed woman Updated: Jun-26-15 10:21 pm
LOVELAND, Colorado - A Fort Collins man who was arrested after an ATV crash that killed a woman is scheduled to go to trial in February.
- Juror found in contempt in murder trial gets 10 days in jail Updated: Jun-26-15 9:17 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - A juror accused of lying about her experience with domestic violence, triggering a retrial in a murder case in Grand Junction, has been sentenced to 10 days in jail and fined $10,000.
- Man missing after jumping into Animas River near Durango Updated: Jun-26-15 8:59 pm
DURANGO, Colorado - Search crews are looking for a 20-year-old man who went missing after he jumped into the Animas River north of Durango.
- Nuggets pick Mudiay ready to step into lineup Updated: Jun-26-15 8:46 pm
DENVER - Emmanuel Mudiay says he's ready to step into the Denver Nuggets' lineup and help lead the franchise to its first championship.
- Doctor who found Holmes insane didn't watch much of video Updated: Jun-26-15 8:41 pm
CENTENNIAL, Colorado - A defense psychiatrist who found James Holmes was insane when he killed 12 people in an attack on a suburban Denver movie theater spent Friday answering a barrage of questions, including more than two dozen from jurors about his methods.
- Freight train hits, kills pedestrian in Denver Updated: Jun-26-15 8:16 pm
DENVER - Union Pacific Railroad officials say a person was struck and killed by a freight train in Denver.
- Colorado trades O'Reilly to Buffalo Updated: Jun-26-15 8:08 pm
- Colorado GOP committee backs chair in blackmail scandal Updated: Jun-26-15 7:10 pm
GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colorado - The Colorado Republican Party's executive committee on Friday voted overwhelmingly to support the party's chairman after he contended that the state attorney general and others tried to force him to resign his post by threatening to release details of an affair he denies.
- Swollen Colorado rivers force rafters to seek calmer waters Updated: Jun-26-15 5:11 pm
DENVER - Rapidly melting snow and heavy spring rains are sending Colorado's rivers tumbling out of the mountains, so far claiming the lives of at least 11 people and forcing some whitewater rafting companies to seek out calmer rapids and stock extra safety gear.
- Critics of Jeffco school board launch recall effort Updated: Jun-26-15 4:55 pm
GOLDEN, Colorado - Critics of the Jefferson County school board are launching an effort to recall the board's conservative majority.
- Westminster police investigate shooting Updated: Jun-26-15 3:28 pm
WESTMINSTER, Colorado - Westminster police are investigating a shooting after passers-by found a car they thought was involved in a crash.
- Man arrested after co-worker stabbed in Boulder County Updated: Jun-26-15 3:11 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - A 51-year-old man has been arrested after investigators say he stabbed a co-worker in the ribs following an argument at the Boulder County property they were contracted to work on.
- Colorado woman finds 8.52 carat diamond at Arkansas park Updated: Jun-26-15 2:23 pm
MURFREESBORO, Arkansas - An 8.52 carat diamond has been found by a Colorado woman at Arkansas' Crater of Diamonds State Park at Murfreesboro.
- Four-week-old's death investigated as a homicide Updated: Jun-26-15 12:36 pm
PARACHUTE, Colorado - Parachute police are investigating the death of a 4-week-old child as a homicide.