- Indiana University working to house large freshman class Updated: Jul-29-15 5:11 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana University is working to accommodate dozens of freshmen after more students signed up for housing than the amount of available beds on its Bloomington campus.
- Asbestos halts work on Indiana University building Updated: Jul-29-15 2:40 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana University has temporarily halted renovation work on Franklin Hall after asbestos was discovered two weeks ago by construction crews.
- Indiana boy, 12, on dirt bike killed in crash with truck Updated: Jul-29-15 5:46 am
FREEDOM, Indiana - Authorities say a 12-year-old Indiana boy has died after the dirt bike he was riding was hit by a pickup on a rural road.
- Sweet success comes in small packages of chocolate Updated: Jul-28-15 5:04 am
SPENCER, Indiana - When Kristi Risk's plan to make and sell chocolate-coated jerky disintegrated - the chocolate just would not adhere to the slick meat surface - she was disheartened, but not discouraged.
- Volunteers helping to improve conditions at Lake Monroe Updated: Jul-21-15 5:04 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Volunteers from statewide fishing groups have helped to plant hundreds of bald cypress trees along the shoreline in the Fairfax State Recreation Area as the first project of many that are planned to help maintain and improve conditions at Lake Monroe.
- New Hope Family Shelter helps family after fire Updated: Jul-20-15 5:07 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - It started with a house fire.
- Residents celebrate law allowing alcohol at retirement homes Updated: Jul-18-15 5:22 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Residents of a Bloomington retirement home are enjoying their successful push for a change to state law to allow the serving of alcohol at Indiana's nursing homes and retirement communities.
- Role in short film is perfect summer job for Indiana actor Updated: Jul-15-15 5:04 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - For many area high school students, a summer job means flipping burgers at a restaurant, folding shirts at a retail shop or watching kids splash at the pool from the heights of the lifeguard's seat.
- Indiana's Blackmon to miss rest of summer after knee surgery Updated: Jul-14-15 11:35 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana sophomore James Blackmon Jr. will miss the rest of summer workouts because of a torn meniscus in his knee.
- Survey: Many Indiana counties not meeting public records law Updated: Jul-14-15 4:26 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - A survey has found that many county agencies around Indiana failed to comply with state laws requiring the disclosure of public records through electronic requests.
- 2 young bobcats rescued in southern Indiana now on the mend Updated: Jul-14-15 9:28 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Cats supposedly have nine lives. If that's true, then two rescued bobcat kittens have already used up most of theirs.
- Rep. Young joins Senate race for seat of retiring Coats Updated: Jul-12-15 2:51 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - U.S. Rep. Todd Young has announced he will run for the U.S. Senate to replace retiring Republican Dan Coats.
- I-69 construction work blamed for damage to rural roads Updated: Jul-11-15 6:08 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Some southern Monroe County residents say contractors building a section of the Interstate 69 extension are ripping up their rural, two-lane roads by using them to take heavy machinery and materials to construction sites.
- IU exploring its options for its next apparel contract Updated: Jul-11-15 10:15 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana University athletics officials say they're exploring their options for a more lucrative apparel contract as the school's contract with Adidas nears its end.
- Murder trial delayed for man accused in IU student's death Updated: Jul-08-15 4:07 am
NASHVILLE, Indiana - The trial for a Bloomington man charged with murder in the fatal beating an Indiana University student will not be held until next year at the earliest.
- Monroe County now has 3 trained bicycle deputies Updated: Jul-07-15 6:28 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Three deputies with Monroe County are now certified to patrol on bicycles.
- Man arrested in sexual assault of 73-year-old woman Updated: Jul-06-15 5:20 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Bloomington police say an arrest has been made in connection with the sexual assault of a 73-year-old woman during a home invasion last month.
- Indiana more than doubles price of firewood permits Updated: Jul-06-15 4:05 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana has more than doubled the price of firewood permits that allow the public to cut their own firewood in designated areas of state forests.
- Indiana's unusual green dragon plant has a fervent following Updated: Jul-04-15 12:58 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - The name sounds like a kind of craft beer, or maybe a species of lizard. Actually, it's an unusual species of plant that has its own following in Indiana and elsewhere.
- Indiana biologist spots bird usually found in South America Updated: Jul-02-15 8:04 am
LOOGOOTEE, Indiana - A bird biologist says she spotted a bird in southern Indiana that's usually found thousands of miles away in South America.