- Torres uncertain for playoff opener Updated: Apr-15-14 6:50 pm
- Youth baseball coach sentenced for molestation Updated: Apr-15-14 4:26 pm
- San Jose police officer pleads not guilty to rape Updated: Apr-15-14 12:13 pm
- California coastal expanse preserved Updated: Apr-15-14 8:59 am
- 49er Culliver pleads not guilty to hit-run charges Updated: Apr-14-14 1:47 pm
- Crews to check building for possible fire victims Updated: Apr-14-14 10:25 am
- Woman who attacked officers with bat is shot Updated: Apr-14-14 8:23 am
- 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith arrested at airport Updated: Apr-13-14 10:32 pm
- Chris Wondolowski helps Earthquakes tie Crew Updated: Apr-13-14 8:12 pm
- Chris Wondolowski helps Earthquakes tie Crew Updated: Apr-13-14 5:20 pm
- Havlat scores 3 as Sharks beat Avalanche 5-1 Updated: Apr-12-14 1:50 am
- Sharks rookie Hertl returns to lineup Updated: Apr-11-14 9:33 pm
- Vandals damage statue of '68 Olympian Tommie Smith Updated: Apr-11-14 8:37 pm
- PG&E offers $250K reward in California grid attack Updated: Apr-10-14 7:58 pm
- EBay, Icahn settle proxy fight Updated: Apr-10-14 1:19 pm
- Ducks beat Sharks 5-2, clinch Pacific title Updated: Apr-10-14 2:21 am
- Woman running to raise money for Vietnam memorial Updated: Apr-08-14 7:04 am
- Correction: Patchy College Pipeline story Updated: Apr-07-14 3:04 pm
- 1 dead after car plummets into ravine in Richmond Updated: Apr-07-14 8:29 am
- Immigration protesters arrested in San Jose Updated: Apr-06-14 1:53 pm
- Hornqvist helps Predators beat Sharks 3-0 Updated: Apr-06-14 2:08 am
- Fisher, Wilson lead Predators past Ducks, 5-2 Updated: Apr-05-14 2:03 am
- Sex predator may land in Southern California home Updated: Apr-04-14 9:17 pm
- RSL: 'It keeps getting better' for Ned Grabavoy Updated: Apr-04-14 5:48 pm
- Sharks beat Kings 2-1 in possible playoff preview Updated: Apr-04-14 1:23 am
SAN JOSE, California - Raffi Torres is making progress but it's still unclear whether he'll play for the San Jose Sharks in their playoff opener Thursday night against the Los Angeles Kings.
MARTINEZ, California - A judge has sentenced a longtime San Francisco Bay Area youth baseball coach convicted of molesting children to nearly 11 years in prison.
SAN JOSE, California - A San Jose police officer accused of raping a woman while on duty has pleaded not guilty.
SANTA CRUZ, California - A nearly 6,000-acre expanse of coastal land north of Santa Cruz has been preserved after a conservation group donated it to the public.
SAN JOSE, California - San Jose firefighters are waiting for a charred former television news studio to be deemed safe before looking for possible victims of a five-alarm blaze.
SANTA CLARA, California - Santa Clara police say officers have shot and killed a woman who attacked them with a baseball bat.
LOS ANGELES - San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith was arrested Sunday at Los Angeles International Airport after authorities said he became belligerent during a security screening and threatened that he had a bomb.
SANTA CLARA, California - San Jose striker Chris Wondolowski headed home in the 51st minute to give the Earthquakes a 1-1 home draw against Columbus on Sunday.
SAN JOSE, California - Marty Havlat responded to a benching with his most productive game in years.
SAN FRANCISCO - Officials at a Northern California university said Friday that vandals may have damaged the statue of famed Olympic gold medalist Tommie Smith, who became renowned for his iconic black-gloved fist salute during the 1968 Summer Games in Mexico City.
SAN FRANCISCO - Pacific Gas & Electric Co. offered a $250,000 reward Thursday for information leading to an arrest and conviction in a startling attack mounted nearly a year ago on telephone lines and the power grid in Silicon Valley.
SAN JOSE, California - Ebay and billionaire activist investor Carl Icahn have settled their proxy fight ahead of the company's annual meeting.
ANAHEIM, California - When Jakob Silfverberg's short-handed goal rattled into the Sharks' empty net, the Anaheim Ducks could finally celebrate a division title that nearly got away.
ROCKLAND, Michigan - Two thousand one hundred eighteen miles. That's how far Rockland is from San Jose, California
SAN FRANCISCO - In a story April 5 about how few high school students are eligible for California's public universities, The Associated Press erroneously reported the methodology that UCLA professor John Rogers used to estimate the percentage that fail to meet entrance requirements. Rogers factored in students who dropped out or did not graduate in four years, rather than removing them from the equation.
RICHMOND, California - Authorities say a man was killed when his car veered off an expressway and plummeted more than 100 feet into a ravine in the San Francisco Bay Area.
SAN JOSE, California - Immigrant advocates and supporters were arrested in San Jose as part of a nationwide set of protests aimed at pushing President Barack Obama to put a freeze on deportations.
SAN JOSE, California - A night after giving San Jose an opening to the Pacific Division title by winning in Anaheim, the Nashville Predators might have closed it up again by beating the Sharks.
ANAHEIM, California - The Nashville Predators took advantage of their breaks and preserved their slim playoff chances.
SAN FRANCISCO - Authorities announced Friday that a landlord in a sparsely populated portion of Los Angeles County has agreed to rent a home to a serial rapist, but the Los Angeles County district attorney and others vowed to fight the move.
SANDY, Utah - There is no "S'' in Grabavoy. But there was on March 16, 2013. For one afternoon match at Rio Tinto Stadium, Real Salt Lake midfielder Ned Grabavoy was Ned Grabavoys.