- SJSU president names hate crime task force leader Updated: Dec-05-13 8:41 pm
- Search for missing plane resumes in Idaho Updated: Dec-04-13 6:28 pm
- Dan Walters: Detroit bankruptcy ruling puts public employee... Updated: Dec-04-13 9:48 am
- Toffoli lead Kings over Blues 3-2 Updated: Dec-03-13 2:11 am
- Trial begins in legal challenge to no-fly list Updated: Dec-02-13 8:04 pm
- Increased algae growth a concern for SF Bay Updated: Dec-02-13 1:20 pm
- Sharks top Ducks 4-3 in shootout Updated: Dec-01-13 2:30 am
- San Jose State stuns No. 16 Fresno State 62-52 Updated: Nov-29-13 9:23 pm
- San Jose State stuns No. 16 Fresno State 62-52 Updated: Nov-29-13 9:11 pm
- San Jose police kill man suspected of stabbing 3 Updated: Nov-28-13 7:14 pm
- Thornton lifts Sharks over Kings 3-2 in shootout Updated: Nov-28-13 2:24 am
- Hate crime reports decline in California in 2012 Updated: Nov-27-13 8:07 pm
- Auburn needs some magic to overcome No. 1 Alabama Updated: Nov-27-13 4:54 pm
- Travel Roundtable: Thanksgiving transit advice Updated: Nov-27-13 3:17 am
- Official: School failed student in harassment case Updated: Nov-25-13 6:10 pm
- Hannan, Kennedy score in SJ victory over Devils Updated: Nov-24-13 2:02 am
- San Jose State dominates Cal State Fullerton 81-59 Updated: Nov-23-13 7:27 pm
- Reynolds, Navy beat San Jose St 58-52 in 3OT Updated: Nov-23-13 2:05 am
- 4th student suspended in college hate crime case Updated: Nov-22-13 11:04 pm
- Wingels leads Sharks past Lightning 5-1 Updated: Nov-22-13 2:03 am
- Jury orders Samsung to pay Apple $290 million Updated: Nov-21-13 7:26 pm
- Psychic Sylvia Browne dies at 77 in California Updated: Nov-21-13 7:02 pm
- San Jose State edges Pepperdine 83-77 Updated: Nov-21-13 12:51 am
- Silicon Valley patent office to open in San Jose Updated: Nov-19-13 5:04 pm
- Walters: Bad decisions behind Calif. cities' pension... Updated: Nov-18-13 12:18 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The president of a California university where four white students are accused of racially tormenting their black roommate says he has set up a task force that will conduct an independent review of the harassment, which has sparked outrage on campus and throughout the Bay Area.
BOISE, Idaho - More than 60 search and rescue personnel scoured the central Idaho mountains Wednesday for five people, including four family members, who were onboard a plane that disappeared three days earlier.
A legal showdown over pension obligations in municipal bankruptcies was averted in both Vallejo and Stockton, largely because officials in both chose not to make that fight.
LOS ANGELES - Rookie Tyler Toffoli and backup goaltender Ben Scrivens have made enormous contributions lately for the Los Angeles Kings, whose depth has been tested by numerous injuries.
SAN FRANCISCO - An eight-year legal odyssey by a Malaysian university professor to clear her name from the U.S. government's no-fly list went to trial Monday in federal court in San Francisco.
SAN JOSE, California - San Francisco Bay waters are becoming clearer as the Gold Rush-era silt that clouded them is increasingly being swept to sea, but this new clarity is promoting a different problem: algae.
SAN JOSE, California - Joe Pavelski was being too creative in the shootout.
SAN JOSE, California - After watching two potent offenses march up and down the field with ease in the first half, San Jose State coach Ron Caragher knew he needed to do something bold to get an extra possession in the second.
SAN JOSE, California - Derek Carr finally ran into a quarterback who could match his prolific production. That's all it took to end Fresno State's bid for a BCS bowl.
SAN JOSE, California - A San Jose police officer on Thursday shot and killed a man suspected of stabbing three people and hijacking a van, police said.
SAN JOSE, California - When the shootout dragged on into the eighth round, San Jose coach Todd McLellan was running out of good options.
SACRAMENTO, California - The number of hate crimes reported in California declined about 12 percent last year and has dropped by more than one-third over the last decade, the state attorney general's office said Wednesday.
On the way to what is being billed as one of the most important Iron Bowls ever played, No. 1 Alabama and No. 4 Auburn have traveled similar roads - at least when it comes to schedules.
So you're heading out of town for Thanksgiving. Be warned: You're wading into a vast sea of people doing exactly the same thing, moving across the United States on one of the hugest travel weekends of all - with a lot of rough weather in the mix.
SAN JOSE, California - The president of a California university where four white students are accused of harassing a black student says the school failed to adequately intervene or impose sanctions.
SAN JOSE, California - Brent Burns kept waiting to see a replay of his shot that struck Martin Brodeur in the back of the neck and left the New Jersey Devils goalie flat on his back on the ice.
SAN JOSE, California - Keenan Reynolds set an NCAA record by scoring seven rushing touchdowns, including the game-winner in the third overtime, and Navy downed San Jose State 58-52 on Friday night.
SAN JOSE, California - A fourth student has been suspended in connection with an incident at San Jose State University involving alleged hate crimes against a black student.
SAN JOSE, California - Tommy Wingels fit right in with new linemates Logan Couture and Patrick Marleau after Brent Burns returned to the ice for the San Jose Sharks.
SAN JOSE, California - A Silicon Valley jury on Thursday added $290 million more to the damages Samsung Electronics owes Apple for copying vital iPhone and iPad features, bringing the total amount the South Korean technology titan is on the hook for to $930 million.
SAN FRANCISCO - Sylvia Browne once said she was just 3 when she discovered she could look into the future and know what was coming.
MALIBU, California - Jaleel Williams scored a career-high 22 points and Devante Wilson added 20 as San Jose State gave first-year head coach Dave Wojcik his first victory with an 83-77 win over Pepperdine Wednesday night.
SAN JOSE, California - The U.S. Commerce Department has announced plans to open a long-awaited patent office in Silicon Valley, the world's top region for patent filers.
DAN WALTERS - Sacramento Bee