- Arrest made in chase after California officer shot Updated: Mar-09-14 7:47 pm
- A's considering temporary home if lease expires Updated: Mar-09-14 4:15 pm
- Niemi, Sharks beat Canadiens 4-0 Updated: Mar-09-14 1:45 am
- Fresno State runs past San Jose State 69-56 Updated: Mar-09-14 12:32 am
- Husband arrested in 'Quilt Cold Case' murder Updated: Mar-07-14 8:43 pm
- Cyberbully law proposed after girl's suicide Updated: Mar-07-14 3:43 pm
- 2 suffer burn injuries in San Jose home fire Updated: Mar-07-14 10:01 am
- Sharks rally past Penguins 5-3 Updated: Mar-07-14 2:15 am
- Silicon Valley boom eludes many, drives income gap Updated: Mar-06-14 2:38 pm
- Sharks stand pat at trade deadline Updated: Mar-05-14 5:29 pm
- City accepts Facebook funding for officer Updated: Mar-05-14 8:19 am
- Hurricanes beat Sharks 3-2 in OT Updated: Mar-05-14 2:12 am
- Chris Wondolowski works to make US World Cup team Updated: Mar-04-14 6:20 pm
- New details in Northern California teen's slaying Updated: Mar-03-14 3:45 pm
- Utah State coasts to 75-58 win over San Jose St. Updated: Mar-01-14 11:06 pm
- Sabres trade Ryan Miller, Steve Ott to Blues Updated: Mar-01-14 1:58 am
- San Jose firefighter won't face child sex charge Updated: Feb-28-14 7:43 pm
- Federal complaint filed over campus assaults Updated: Feb-27-14 9:31 pm
- Court: School can ban US flag shirts for safety Updated: Feb-27-14 7:26 pm
- San Diego State routs San Jose St 90-64 Updated: Feb-26-14 2:50 am
- San Diego State routs San Jose St 90-64 Updated: Feb-26-14 2:29 am
- Youth counselor charged in prostitution case Updated: Feb-25-14 5:54 pm
- Sharks reassign Kearns to AHL Updated: Feb-25-14 3:22 pm
- Correction: Public Pensions Boards story Updated: Feb-24-14 6:54 pm
- Stanford University ending tobacco sales Updated: Feb-24-14 8:23 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Police said Sunday that they arrested the driver of a car that led them on a 90-mile chase throughout the San Francisco Bay Area after a police officer was shot and wounded.
OAKLAND, California - Oakland A's owner Lew Wolff is considering moving the team to a temporary location if he can't extend a two-year lease with the Oakland Coliseum.
SAN JOSE, California - When Tommy Wingels scored a fluky, short-handed goal in the opening minutes, it was clear this was going to be San Jose's night.
SAN JOSE, California - Paul Watson made 4 of 8 3-point attempts, totaling 16 points, to lead Fresno State to a dominating 69-56 victory over San Jose State Saturday night.
SAN JOSE, California - Two brothers in Northern California face murder charges in the case of a woman found strangled to death in her car nearly 25 years ago, authorities said Friday.
SARATOGA, California - Juveniles who sexually assault unconscious victims could be tried as adults under proposed California legislation brought in response to the suicide of a 15-year-old girl who was sexually battered while passed out at a party then humiliated by photos circulated to classmates.
SAN JOSE, California - Investigators are looking into the possibility that arson was to blame for an early-morning house fire in San Jose that left a man and woman with serious burn injuries.
SAN JOSE, California - As soon as the San Jose Sharks started taking the body, they took over the game.
SAN JOSE, California - Arwin Buditom guards some of the most successful high-tech firms in America. Joseph Farfan keeps their heat, air and electric systems humming. But these workers and tens of thousands like them who help fuel the Silicon Valley's tech boom can't even make ends meet anymore. Buditom rooms with his sister an hour's drive from work. Farfan gets his groceries at a food pantry.
SAN JOSE, California - San Jose Sharks general manager Doug Wilson stood pat at the trade deadline for a change.
MENLO PARK, California - A Silicon Valley city has approved a plan to let Facebook pay for a full-time sworn police officer to work out of a substation near the social media giant's new campus.
SAN JOSE, California - Anton Khudobin found the perfect way to celebrate his new contract.
SAN JOSE, California - For years, Chris Wondolowski waited for this chance. He kept pushing through training as he was passed over to play for his country, hoping the opportunity would eventually come.
SAN JOSE, California - A Northern California teenager charged in the alleged thrill-killing of a high school classmate told police his religion, Satanism, allowed him to kill and he had already killed a rabbit and a cat, according to a recently released transcript of his interview with investigators.
SAN JOSE, California - Jarred Shaw scored 19 points and hauled in a career-high 17 rebounds to lead Utah State to a 75-58 victory over San Jose State on Saturday night.
BUFFALO, New York - Once the shock and emotions of leaving Buffalo and the Sabres began to wear off, goalie Ryan Miller began looking forward to the challenge he and Steve Ott will face in living up to the St. Louis Blues' expectations.
SAN JOSE, California - Prosecutors have declined to charge a veteran Northern California firefighter who was arrested in a drug sting with child molestation, but still plan to pursue felony charges of selling and possessing methamphetamine against him.
BERKELEY, California - A group of current and former students at the University of California, Berkeley, have filed a federal complaint against the school over how it handles sexual assaults.
SAN FRANCISCO - Officials at a Northern California high school acted appropriately when they ordered students wearing American flag T-shirts to turn the garments inside out during the Mexican heritage celebration Cinco de Mayo, a federal appeals court ruled Thursday.
SAN DIEGO - The final numbers were ugly, and that doesn't include the score.
SAN DIEGO - It was an easy one for No. 13.
SAN JOSE, California - A Northern California mental health counselor for teens has been indicted on charges of child sex trafficking.
SACRAMENTO, California - Correction: Public Pensions Boards story
STANFORD, California - Stanford University is eliminating sales of cigarettes, chewing tobacco and e-cigarettes starting next month.