- High-speed rail board approves revised California plan Updated: Apr-28-16 8:00 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The board that oversees California's high-speed rail project approved a revised $64 billion plan Thursday that calls for the train to go from the Central Valley to the San Jose area before it heads to Southern California, acknowledging the political reality that federal and private financing has fallen far short of what backers had hoped.
- The Latest: High-speed rail board approves revised plan Updated: Apr-28-16 7:31 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The Latest on a California board meeting to discuss the revised high-speed rail plan (all times local):
- California brothers arrested in parents' shooting deaths Updated: Apr-28-16 5:24 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Two California brothers were arrested Thursday in connection with the shooting deaths of their parents, who were popular fixtures at their mosque for three decades and had helped relatives emigrate from their native Bangladesh.
- Rested Sharks ready to face rolling Predators in 2nd round Updated: Apr-28-16 4:40 pm
- Slain husband and wife lauded for their kindness Updated: Apr-27-16 1:25 pm
SAN JOSE, California - A husband and wife who emigrated from Bangladesh 30 years ago and were found slain in their California home last weekend are being remembered for their kindness.
- Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office probe in-custody death Updated: Apr-27-16 10:18 am
SAN JOSE, California - Authorities say a 36-year-old inmate at a Santa Clara County jail died after he was rushed to a hospital earlier this week.
- Sharks wait a little longer to find out 2nd-round opponent Updated: Apr-26-16 5:12 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks are happy to wait a little longer before finding out their second-round playoff opponent.
- EBay shares rise as results beat Street 1Q forecasts Updated: Apr-26-16 4:54 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Shares of eBay Inc. rose on Tuesday after the e-commerce company reported better-than-expected quarterly results.
- Bingham, Wondolowski lead Quakes past Sporting KC, 1-0 Updated: Apr-24-16 6:28 pm
- Sharks use depth to get past Kings in 1st round of playoffs Updated: Apr-23-16 2:02 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks proved they are much more than just Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski and a handful of other stars.
- Sharks blow 3-goal lead, but rally to eliminate Kings 6-3 Updated: Apr-23-16 2:24 am
LOS ANGELES - The Sharks had just blown a three-goal lead in a potential series-clinching playoff game. Staples Center rocked with the combined power of the Kings' rally and the looming specters of San Jose's postseason failures.
- Group files lawsuit against Santa Clara over cross in park Updated: Apr-22-16 11:02 am
SANTA CLARA, California - An atheists' group has filed a lawsuit against the Northern California city of Santa Clara because of a large granite cross at a city park.
- California high-speed rail officials tinker with $64B plan Updated: Apr-21-16 7:55 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The board that oversees California's high-speed rail system put off a vote Thursday on a revised business plan to give state officials more time to assuage lawmakers and citizens upset by the recent decision to first send the train to Northern California rather than the Los Angeles area.
- Sharks score 3 power-play goals to beat Kings 3-2 in Game 4 Updated: Apr-21-16 2:19 am
SAN JOSE, California - Given another chance to win a playoff game with their power play, the San Jose Sharks did just that by getting goals instead of just generating chances.
- Deputy cleared in fatal 2013 shooting of mentally ill man Updated: Apr-21-16 12:39 am
SAN JOSE, California - Prosecutors have cleared a Santa Clara County sheriff's deputy in the 2013 fatal shooting of a mentally ill man outside a Saratoga tech company.
- California man hit by train, killed while walking on tracks Updated: Apr-19-16 9:15 am
SAN JOSE, California - Police say a man has died after being struck by a light-rail train in Northern California.
- Fight against non-native plant near end in San Francisco Bay Updated: Apr-18-16 2:05 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A non-native plant that became a threat to birds and wildlife in San Francisco Bay has been nearly eradicated more than four decades after federal officials introduced it to the region.
- Sharks look to bring road success back home against Kings Updated: Apr-18-16 2:28 am
SAN JOSE, California - The playoffs started the way much of this season has gone for the San Jose Sharks: a successful road trip where structured defense, strong goaltending and solid all-around play led to two straight wins in Los Angeles.
- Quakes top Red Bulls 2-0; Wondo takes 4th place in MLS goals Updated: Apr-14-16 12:40 am
- California man arrested in counterfeit money scheme Updated: Apr-13-16 11:30 pm
CUPERTINO, California - Northern California officials say deputies helped break up a counterfeit money scheme run out of Cupertino after fake $20 bills surfaced in Virginia.
- Sharks tab Martin Jones as Game 1 starter in goal Updated: Apr-12-16 4:25 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Martin Jones spent a Stanley Cup run as Jonathan Quick's backup in Los Angeles learning what it takes to thrive as a starting goaltender in the playoffs.
- California teens charged for threatening Snapchat video Updated: Apr-12-16 2:01 pm
MODESTO, California - Police in California have arrested two teen boys after a video was posted to social media that threatened a black student with a noose and a gun.
- Ducks beat Capitals, clinch Pacific Division Updated: Apr-10-16 11:37 pm
WASHINGTON - When the Anaheim Ducks lost nine of their first 10 games, making the playoffs looked like an uphill climb. Now they're Pacific Division champions for the fourth consecutive year.
- Rep. Mike Honda creates legal expense fund Updated: Apr-10-16 6:21 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Democratic U.S. Rep. Mike Honda has quietly set up a fund dedicated to collecting money to pay bills related to an ethics probe.
- Winnipeg Jets rally from 3 goals down to stun LA Kings 4-3 Updated: Apr-10-16 1:58 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Kings had a 3-0 lead late in the second period and a boisterous home crowd eager to celebrate the second division title in franchise history.