- Ward, Marleau help lead Sharks past Flames 5-2 Updated: Nov-29-15 1:44 am
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks needed to start winning at home and they needed help from their special teams. They got both.
- Project to drain California reservoir a year behind schedule Updated: Nov-28-15 5:48 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The discovery of new "trace faults" near one of the San Francisco Bay area's largest dams has further stalled a $193 million project to strengthen it, pushing back plans for a seismic retrofit to early 2018.
- McNichols helps Boise St run away from San Jose St 40-23 Updated: Nov-27-15 7:43 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Jeremy McNichols scored three touchdowns, including a school-record 88-yard run, and Boise State ran away from San Jose State 40-23 on Friday.
- Cold air mass brings freeze warnings to California Updated: Nov-27-15 4:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - A cold air mass over California prompted widespread freeze warnings and watches Friday, raising concerns for crops in the agricultural San Joaquin Valley and for homeless people in urban centers, even as skiers and snowboarders took advantage of snowy slopes.
- Kane's 2 assists help Blackhawks beat Sharks 5-2 Updated: Nov-26-15 2:03 am
SAN JOSE, California - The Chicago Blackhawks count on getting production from Patrick Kane. When someone like Andrew Desjardins also gets into the act, they are even tougher to beat.
- Sharks sign F Dainius Zubrus Updated: Nov-24-15 6:28 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks have signed forward Dainius Zubrus to a one-year, two-way contract.
- Homeless helm new coffee carts in San Francisco Bay Area Updated: Nov-24-15 10:45 am
SAN JOSE, California - San Jose has joined other cities in a program that gives homeless people a chance to staff coffee carts to make money.
- California food pantry lacking 1,700 turkeys for needy Updated: Nov-23-15 10:43 am
SAN JOSE, California - One of the largest food pantries in Northern California needs another 1,700 turkeys this holiday season to feed the hungry.
- Sharks coach Peter DeBoer to miss game with personal matter Updated: Nov-21-15 11:29 am
SAN JOSE, California - San Jose Sharks coach Peter DeBoer will miss Saturday night's game in Pittsburgh to deal with a personal matter.
- Troubled California jail has 300 excessive force complaints Updated: Nov-18-15 10:10 am
SAN JOSE, California - Inmates at a troubled Northern California jail have filed more than 300 excessive force complaints against guards in the last five years.
- Man drives 125 mph, dies in chase with California police Updated: Nov-18-15 9:51 am
SAN JOSE, California - Authorities say a man driving a stolen car crashed and died after a high-speed chase with police.
- San Jose State ekes by Montana, 64-61 Updated: Nov-17-15 12:39 am
SAN JOSE, California - Frank Rogers scored 16 points and grabbed 10 rebounds and Princeton Onwas slammed home the final two points of the game to preserve a 64-61 win for San Jose State over Montana on Monday night.
- California crews pull 9 people from rough waters Updated: Nov-16-15 9:51 am
TOMALES, California - Authorities say nine people and a dog were rescued in two incidents during windy and high-surf conditions in the San Francisco Bay Area on Sunday.
- Callandret leads Idaho to 74-54 win over San Jose State Updated: Nov-15-15 1:14 am
SAN JOSE, California - Perrion Callandret scored 18 with five assists, both career highs, to help Idaho beat San Jose State 74-54 in the season opener for both teams Saturday night.
- San Jose students sleep outside in solidarity with homeless Updated: Nov-13-15 10:10 am
SAN JOSE, California - Nearly two dozen San Jose students slept outside on their university campus as part of an annual event meant to bring awareness to Silicon Valley's homeless population.
- Airport cabbies strike again in protest of Uber, Lyft Updated: Nov-11-15 12:51 pm
SAN JOSE, California - After two days of striking at San Jose International Airport, taxi cab drivers have called off a strike that was planned for Wednesday.
- Cyber attacks shut down San Jose police and city websites Updated: Nov-11-15 9:57 am
SAN JOSE, California - Authorities say the San Jose Police Department website and other city web pages were shut down intermittently for several days after being targeted by a cyber attacker.
- John Tavares scores twice to lead Islanders past Sharks 4-2 Updated: Nov-11-15 2:16 am
SAN JOSE, California - John Tavares was looking for a strong start. Not only did he accomplish that, he finished just as well.
- Gunman killed, woman found dead after standoff in San Jose Updated: Nov-10-15 4:32 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Police say a woman was found dead inside a home after officers killed a gunman in a shootout after an hours-long standoff.
- California students go back to classes after stabbings Updated: Nov-10-15 10:32 am
MERCED, California - Students at the University of California, Merced have returned to classes several days after a student stabbed four people before being killed by police.
- Company floats proposal for 1st wind farm off California Updated: Nov-08-15 3:39 pm
MORRO BAY, California - A Seattle company is floating a proposal for California's first offshore wind farm.
- Lobbyists outdo San Jose officials at reporting meetings Updated: Nov-08-15 12:22 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Elected officials in the tech hub of San Jose are falling short when it comes to disclosing meetings with lobbyists, the San Jose Mercury News says.
- Perry, Khudobin lead Ducks over Sharks 1-0 Updated: Nov-08-15 2:25 am
SAN JOSE, California - Corey Perry gave Anaheim the early advantage and then the Ducks fended off constant pressure to make it stand.
- BYU tops San Jose State 17-16 when 2-point attempt fails Updated: Nov-07-15 2:58 am
SAN JOSE, California - Tanner Mangum tied a BYU record for touchdown passes for a freshman and San Jose State failed on a two-point conversion attempt with 45 seconds to play and the Cougars held on to beat the Spartans 17-16 on Friday night.
- Getzlaf returns with 3 assists in Ducks' win over Columbus Updated: Nov-07-15 12:54 am
ANAHEIM, California - Anaheim captain Ryan Getzlaf had three assists in his first game back from an appendectomy, including one on defenseman Josh Manson's first NHL goal, and the Ducks beat the Columbus Blue Jackets 4-2 Friday night.