- Man slain at site of former homeless camp in San Jose Updated: Sep-01-15 10:21 am
SAN JOSE, California - A man was fatally stabbed at the site of a former San Jose homeless encampment that was deemed the nation's largest before its closure late last year.
- State regulators fine PG&E for failing to secure substation Updated: Aug-31-15 11:44 pm
SAN JOSE, California - State regulators have fined California's largest utility $50,000 for failing to secure an electric substation in Northern California that was burglarized last year.
- San Jose beat Jacksonville 68-47 in ArenaBowl Updated: Aug-29-15 11:53 pm
STOCKTON, California - Darren Arbet walked through a cloud of confetti at Stockton Arena and pointed with both hands toward 89-year-old mother Clinso in the stands.
- Salinas, Earthquakes beat 10-man Galaxy for 4th straight win Updated: Aug-29-15 1:11 am
- Californians cut water without state imposing fines Updated: Aug-27-15 7:49 pm
FRESNO, California - For the second straight month, Californians exceeded hefty water conservation mandates during the relentless drought without the state imposing fines, officials said Thursday.
- Police: more possible victims in San Jose molestation case Updated: Aug-25-15 10:02 am
SAN JOSE, California - Police want to talk to other possible victims after a San Jose city employee was arrested on suspicion of molesting a minor.
- Nevada man pleads guilty to sending spam to Facebook users Updated: Aug-25-15 2:46 am
SAN JOSE, California - A Nevada man pleaded guilty Monday to sending more than 27 million spam messages to Facebook users, federal officials said.
- Man fatally shot in San Jose Updated: Aug-24-15 9:43 am
SAN JOSE, California - Police are searching for suspects in connection with the shooting death of a man in San Jose.
- SaberCats beat Rattlers 70-67 to advance to ArenaBowl Updated: Aug-23-15 12:18 am
STOCKTON, California - Erik Mayer threw a 6-yard touchdown pass to Reggie Gay with 8 seconds left to give the San Jose SaberCats a 70-67 victory over the Arizona Rattlers on Saturday night in the Arena Football League's National Conference championship game.
- Deputies investigate twin Pacheco killings as murder-suicide Updated: Aug-21-15 10:23 pm
PACHECO, California - The Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department is investigating the shooting deaths of two brothers that they say may have been the result of a murder-suicide.
- Complaint filed in shooting of unarmed suspect Updated: Aug-20-15 10:29 am
SAN JOSE, California - A recently-retired police auditor is saying a number of red flags are raised by the death of an unarmed suspect who was shot in the back while fleeing authorities.
- Suspect killed in officer-involved shooting in San Jose Updated: Aug-18-15 12:37 am
SAN JOSE, California - Police in San Jose are investigating their second officer-involved shooting in 24 hours that has left a suspect dead.
- Goodson gives San Jose Earthquakes 1-0 win over Colorado Updated: Aug-15-15 1:15 am
- Police: 81-year-old woman killed with hammer by daughter Updated: Aug-14-15 2:14 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - A Northern California woman was arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the beating death of her elderly mother with a hammer.
- Bleisure Bits: Apps make use of downtime on business trip Updated: Aug-13-15 11:25 am
One way to make the most of limited downtime when you're traveling is to load your phone with mobile apps and get comfortable using them.
- Cisco rises aftermarket as 4Q results top estimates Updated: Aug-12-15 6:01 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Cisco Systems posted solid fiscal fourth-quarter results Wednesday, sending the computer networking gear maker's shares higher in aftermarket trading.
- San Francisco Bay Area city approves use of police drone Updated: Aug-12-15 10:47 am
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Police Department is one step closer to using a drone for hostage or search-and-rescue incidents.
- California pension proposal cast similarly to failed bid Updated: Aug-12-15 2:08 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Proponents of a California pension initiative said Tuesday that state Attorney General Kamala Harris is once again favoring labor unions by using the same words she used to describe their previous failed bid to limit taxpayer spending on public pensions.
- Santa Clara water meter thefts mount to $40,000 in losses Updated: Aug-11-15 9:08 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Santa Clara police are looking for whoever is behind the theft of over $40,000 in water meters and back-flow regulators.
- San Jose police fatally shoot stabbing suspect Updated: Aug-10-15 1:55 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Two suspects died of gunshot wounds in separate incidents less than 13 hours apart after San Jose police officers opened fire, authorities said Monday.
- San Jose dog-hunt turns up missing K9 officer Updated: Aug-10-15 8:53 am
FREMONT, California - Fremont's newest police dog has been found after going missing for more than 12 hours.
- River that runs through major Northern Calif. city goes dry Updated: Aug-09-15 4:49 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The river that runs through America's 10th-largest city has dried up, shriveling a source of civic pride that had welcomed back trout, salmon, beavers and other wildlife after years of restoration efforts.
- Teen arrested after 4-year-old struck by vehicle Updated: Aug-05-15 10:11 am
SAN JOSE, California - A 16-year-old driver is in custody on suspicion of hitting a 4-year-old child and then driving away.