- Second set of human remains found in California county Updated: Feb-12-16 2:37 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Human remains have been discovered in Santa Clara County for the second time this week.
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania reassigns questioned dean Updated: Feb-12-16 12:19 pm
INDIANA, Pennsylvania - Indiana University of Pennsylvania has reassigned one of its deans after a newspaper questioned more than $35,000 in spending linked to him.
- NTSB: Mechanical failure, alcohol not to blame in bus crash Updated: Feb-12-16 10:12 am
SAN JOSE, California - A national safety board investigation has found that a 58-year-old bus driver whose Greyhound bus rolled over last month, killing two, did not have drugs or alcohol in his system.
- Hudler wins it for the Flames 6-5 over Sharks in shootout Updated: Feb-12-16 2:44 am
SAN JOSE, California - Jonas Hiller was more spectator than participant and was only concerned that Calgary had taken too many penalties in the third period. Then, he found himself on the ice in a thankless position.
- Plane lands safely in Los Angeles after declaring emergency Updated: Feb-11-16 5:15 pm
LOS ANGELES - An American Airlines plane with a mechanical problem landed safely Thursday after declaring an emergency and diverting to Los Angeles International Airport.
- The Latest: 8 evaluated after jet's emergency landing at LAX Updated: Feb-11-16 4:56 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on an emergency landing at Los Angeles International Airport (all times local):
- Cisco tops Street fiscal 2nd-quarter forecasts Updated: Feb-10-16 7:11 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Cisco Systems Inc. reported better-than-expected quarterly results and announced a stock buyback plan and dividend increase, sending its shares higher in extended trading.
- Man died after being swept from Pacifica Pier Updated: Feb-10-16 11:59 am
PACIFICA, California - A man who tripped and fell into the ocean while walking on the Pacifica Pier has died.
- Fireworks possibly cause blaze at San Jose shopping mall Updated: Feb-09-16 10:26 am
SAN JOSE, California - Authorities say fireworks from a Lunar New Year celebration may be to blame for a fire at a San Jose strip mall.
- San Jose police adopt formal ban on chokeholds Updated: Feb-09-16 10:07 am
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Police Department has adopted a formal ban on the use of chokeholds to subdue suspects in the wake of community concern.
- Amtrak train hits, kills pedestrian in Berkeley Updated: Feb-08-16 11:52 pm
BERKELEY, California - Officials say an Amtrak train struck and killed by a man as he was trying to cross the tracks in Berkeley.
- $10,000 reward offered for info on fatal BART shooting Updated: Feb-08-16 8:13 am
OAKLAND, California - Oakland officials are offering a reward of up to $10,000 for any information that leads to an arrest in connection to a Jan. 9 fatal shooting on a commuter rail train.
- Both teams have spirited final practices before Super Bowl Updated: Feb-05-16 8:51 pm
- Trust launches $25 million plan to protect Bay Area farms Updated: Feb-04-16 9:20 am
HALF MOON BAY, California - A Palo Alto-based nonprofit organization intends to spend $25 million over the next 10 years to increase protected farmland in San Mateo County.
- San Jose State dumps Fresno State 65-53 Updated: Feb-04-16 12:24 am
SAN JOSE, California - Freshman Brandon Clarke had a career-high 15 rebounds and 14 points to record his third double-double in the last seven games as San Jose State beat Fresno State 65-53 Wednesday night.
- Cisco to buy Jasper in move into 'Internet of Things' Updated: Feb-03-16 7:54 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Cisco Systems Inc. is buying Jasper Technologies for $1.4 billion in cash in a move to help its customers connect, automate and manage billions of Internet-connected devices ranging from cars to jet engines to implanted pacemakers.
- Denver Broncos' Ryan Murphy questioned in prostitution sting Updated: Feb-03-16 2:48 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Broncos coach Gary Kubiak says he's disappointed he had to send home one of his practice squad players who was caught up in a prostitution sting a few miles from the team hotel.
- Ducks stop Thornton, Sharks 3-2 for 4th consecutive victory Updated: Feb-03-16 2:16 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks are making their own breaks after the break.
- Denver Broncos Ryan Murphy questioned in prostitution sting Updated: Feb-03-16 12:25 am
SAN JOSE, California - Denver Broncos practice squad safety Ryan Murphy was sent home after being questioned by authorities during a prostitution sting in San Jose.
- Man killed in San Jose when tree falls on him at park Updated: Feb-02-16 10:01 am
SAN JOSE, California - A man was killed when a 70-foot tall eucalyptus tree fell on him at a park in San Jose.
- The Latest: Panthers linebacker Davis returns to practice Updated: Feb-01-16 11:06 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The latest on the Carolina Panthers and Denver Broncos meeting reporters at media day, now known as Super Bowl Opening Night (all times local):
- Broncos, Panthers arrive in Bay Area for Super Bowl Updated: Feb-01-16 8:16 am
SAN FRANCISCO - They're here.
- Body found in killing where co-worker already charged Updated: Jan-29-16 1:14 am
SAN JOSE, California - Authorities say they have now found the body in a homicide case where the victim's co-worker had already been charged with murder.
- Man accused of molesting, killing girlfriend's 2-year-old Updated: Jan-28-16 5:19 am
SAN JOSE, California - San Jose police say they have arrested a 22-year-old man in connection with the death of his girlfriend's toddler son.
- Prosecutors charge man in slaying of missing co-worker Updated: Jan-28-16 12:52 am
SAN JOSE, California - A Northern California man was charged Wednesday in the slaying of his missing co-worker after police investigators linked him to a bloody crime scene.