- England crushes Uruguay before inquest into RWC failure Updated: Oct-10-15 6:23 pm
MANCHESTER, England - England thrashed Uruguay 60-3 in its last Rugby World Cup pool match on Saturday, ending an otherwise miserable campaign that raised questions about its ability to compete at the highest level.
- Tearful Aguero injures hamstring, faces spell out Updated: Oct-09-15 4:05 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero was carried off on a stretcher, in tears, with a hamstring injury during Argentina's 2-0 loss to Ecuador in a World Cup qualifier and faces a spell on the sidelines.
- Aguero nets 5 goals as Man City beats Newcastle 6-1 Updated: Oct-03-15 12:35 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Sergio Aguero scored five goals in a 20-minute spell as Manchester City used a second-half onslaught to beat Newcastle 6-1 Saturday and provisionally reclaim top spot in the Premier League.
- Marseille midfielder Diarra earns call back with France Updated: Oct-01-15 9:58 am
PARIS - Marseille midfielder Lassana Diarra is back in France's squad for upcoming friendlies against Armenia and Denmark, five years after his last game with the national team.
- Ings, Alli get 1st England call-up for final qualifiers Updated: Oct-01-15 7:40 am
LONDON - Liverpool striker Danny Ings and Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli have been called up by England for the first time for the last two European Championship qualifiers.
- Another record for Ronaldo, another win for Madrid Updated: Sep-30-15 7:02 pm
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo surpassed the 500-goal mark and Real Madrid hailed him as the club's all-time leading scorer on Wednesday, while Manchester United and Manchester City rebounded from opening losses to remain in contention in the Champions League.
- Mata inspires Man United to 2-1 victory over Wolfsburg Updated: Sep-30-15 5:49 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Juan Mata scored one goal and set up another as Manchester United came from behind to beat Wolfsburg 2-1 on Wednesday for its first win in Group B of the Champions League.
- Humbled in CL, English to restore pride in Europa League Updated: Sep-30-15 7:49 am
LONDON - While Premier League sides struggle in the Champions League, the Europa League offers Liverpool and Tottenham the chance to restore some credibility for English teams competing in Europe.
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP Global Football 10 Updated: Sep-29-15 12:49 pm
LONDON - Quotes from voters in this week's Associated Press Global Football 10:
- Rooney on target as Manchester United beats Sunderland 3-0 Updated: Sep-26-15 12:48 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Memphis Depay scored his first ever Premier League goal and Wayne Rooney added his first of the season as Manchester United beat Sunderland 3-0 to go top of the standings on Saturday.
- Bengals fan flies from England to Cincinnati to see game Updated: Sep-26-15 9:48 am
CINCINNATI - Orange juice in one hand, a grande caramel macchiato in the other, Matthew Catterall looked every bit the Bengals fan the Monday morning following a victory on an Oktoberfest Zinzinnati Sunday: bleary eyed, a little hungover, but incredibly satisfied.
- Iranian in UK tries to get sent home but is in UK legally Updated: Sep-24-15 5:57 am
LONDON - Tens of thousands of people fleeing warfare and poverty are trying to enter Europe but at least one Iranian man who has made his home in Britain seems desperate to leave.
- West Ham beats Manchester City 2-1 in the Premier League Updated: Sep-19-15 3:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City's perfect start to the Premier League season ended Saturday with a 2-1 home loss to West Ham, which extended its stunning run of away results.
- Man United's Shaw ready to fly home after breaking leg Updated: Sep-18-15 1:12 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal said Friday that defender Luke Shaw is in surprisingly good spirits after having his leg broken against PSV Eindhoven and could fly back to England this weekend.
- Otamendi to get Man City debut as Aguero returns Updated: Sep-18-15 12:37 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City new signing Nicolas Otamendi will make his Premier League debut at home to West Ham on Saturday after captain Vincent Kompany was ruled out by a calf injury.
- Man United explores raising $400M from new share issue Updated: Sep-17-15 8:08 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United is exploring raising another $400 million by selling new shares in the Premier League club.
- Juventus rallies to beat Man City 2-1 in Champions League Updated: Sep-15-15 5:56 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Juventus cast aside its domestic woes by coming from behind to beat Manchester City 2-1 in their opening Champions League match, with Alvaro Morata scoring an 81st-minute winner for last season's runner-up on Tuesday.
- Struggling Juventus visits Man City in Champions League Updated: Sep-14-15 8:56 am
MILAN - Juventus faces a daunting trip to Manchester City on Tuesday as last year's Champions League runner-up looks to Europe to help it forget its domestic woes.
- England's Morgan exits ODI vs Australia with concussion Updated: Sep-13-15 7:54 am
MANCHESTER, England - England captain Eoin Morgan retired hurt with a concussion on Sunday in the deciding one-day international against Australia after suffering a nasty blow to the helmet.