- Man sought in molest case in UK shoots self in Los Angeles Updated: Sep-01-15 7:16 pm
LOS ANGELES - Authorities say a man facing extradition to the United Kingdom to face questioning about child molestation allegations has shot himself at his Los Angeles home.
- Transfer window: Club rifts, failed moves, record spend Updated: Sep-01-15 6:06 pm
LONDON - A record $1.3 billion was spent by English Premier League clubs in the summer transfer window.
- United-Madrid blame game after De Gea deadline-day debacle Updated: Sep-01-15 3:02 pm
MADRID - The deadline arrived, but the announcement never did.
- Man United moves for Martial as rivals stay quiet Updated: Sep-01-15 1:36 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United took a gamble in making French forward Anthony Martial the most expensive teenager in football history as Premier League spending in the summer transfer window reached record levels on Tuesday.
- Martial signs for Man United, costliest ever teenager Updated: Sep-01-15 12:53 pm
MANCHESTER, England - French forward Anthony Martial became the most expensive teenager in football history on Tuesday when he signed for Manchester United for a reported 36 million pounds ($55.5 million), in the latest deadline-day deal by the English club.
- James Rodriguez, Roma top Global Football 10 poll Updated: Sep-01-15 10:36 am
LONDON - James Rodriguez entered this week's Associated Press Global Football 10 at the top of the player rankings after scoring twice - including a spectacular overhead kick - and propelling Real Madrid to a 5-0 victory over Real Betis.
- Premier League player punished after drunk-driving crash Updated: Sep-01-15 8:11 am
MANCHESTER, England - A Premier League footballer must serve a 12-month community order and has been banned from driving for 20 months after driving into three cyclists when over the legal alcohol limit and failing to report the crash.
- Shaw, Shelvey recalled by England for Euro qualifiers Updated: Aug-30-15 3:38 pm
LONDON - Manchester United defender Luke Shaw and Swansea midfielder Jonjo Shelvey have been rewarded for strong starts to the Premier League season by earning recalls to the England squad for upcoming European Championship qualifiers.
- United's biggest problems exposed in 2-1 loss at Swansea Updated: Aug-30-15 2:23 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United's early-season problems at both ends of the pitch were exposed in a 2-1 loss at Swansea on Sunday that ended its unbeaten start in the Premier League.
- Man City breaks transfer record again to sign De Bruyne Updated: Aug-30-15 12:27 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City demonstrated its financial might by breaking the club's transfer record for the second time this summer to sign Kevin de Bruyne on Sunday, making the Belgium midfielder the second most-expensive player in English football history.
- Sterling gets 1st goal as Man City keeps perfect record Updated: Aug-29-15 12:33 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Raheem Sterling scored his first Premier League goal for Manchester City as Manuel Pellegrini's team beat Watford 2-0 Saturday to keep its perfect record.
- Flamboyant Depay already a crowd-pleaser at Man United Updated: Aug-28-15 12:44 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Players who have flourished in the iconic No. 7 jersey at Manchester United have had three attributes in common: attitude, ability and aura.
- Chelsea missing Terry with captain's place under scrutiny Updated: Aug-27-15 3:12 pm
MANCHESTER, England - John Terry ended last season as still the best center back in the English Premier League.
- Teenage forward Martial handed debut France call-up Updated: Aug-27-15 9:45 am
PARIS - France coach Didier Deschamps included Monaco's teenage forward Anthony Martial in Thursday's 23-man squad for next month's friendly matches against Portugal and Serbia.
- Man United back in Champions League, Rooney scoring again Updated: Aug-26-15 5:58 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United had double reason to celebrate on Wednesday - the team is back in the Champions League group stage and star striker Wayne Rooney is scoring again.
- Quotes from AP Global Football 10 voters Updated: Aug-25-15 12:08 pm
LONDON - Marco Monteverde, News Corp. Australia
- Sterling proving the difference for rampant Man City Updated: Aug-24-15 9:42 am
MANCHESTER, England - Raheem Sterling hasn't scored in his first three games for Manchester City. He is yet to complete 90 minutes. He's even been upstaged by many of his teammates.
- Different pedigree, same goal for Man United, FC Astana Updated: Aug-24-15 6:44 am
MANCHESTER, England - FC Astana did not exist when Manchester United became European champion for the third time in 2008.
- Rooney frustrated again as Man United draws with Newcastle Updated: Aug-22-15 10:14 am
MANCHESTER, England - Wayne Rooney endured more frustration on Saturday as Manchester United was held to a 0-0 draw by Newcastle in the Premier League.
- Argentina defender Otamendi joins Man City from Valencia Updated: Aug-20-15 6:20 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City strengthened its defense for the team's bid to regain the Premier League title by signing Argentina center back Nicolas Otamendi from Valencia on Thursday, taking spending this summer close to 100 million pounds ($156 million).
- Depay double rescues Man United in 3-1 win over Bruges Updated: Aug-18-15 7:09 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Memphis Depay announced his arrival at Manchester United by scoring a first-half double and providing a late assist for Marouane Fellaini in a 3-1 win over Bruges in the first leg of their Champions League playoff on Tuesday.
- Rooney's form a concern as United back in Champions League Updated: Aug-17-15 9:23 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United will want more than just a first-leg lead from its Champions League playoff against Bruges on Tuesday.
- Froome leads Team Sky at Vuelta, goes for Grand Tour double Updated: Aug-17-15 7:54 am
MANCHESTER, England - Tour de France champion Chris Froome will lead Team Sky at the Spanish Vuelta as he looks to become only the third rider to win both of the Grand Tour races in the same year.
- Rampant Man City crushes Chelsea 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-16-15 3:03 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Sergio Aguero's exquisite solo strike and late goals by Vincent Kompany and Fernandinho earned Manchester City a 3-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday in the first heavyweight showdown in the Premier League, compounding the champions' early-season problems.
- FA rejects Chelsea appeal following Courtois red card Updated: Aug-11-15 11:15 am
LONDON - The English Football Association says Tuesday that it has rejected Chelsea's appeal against the red card shown to goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois during the 2-2 draw with Swansea.