- Dreams can come true: Leicester wins English soccer title Updated: May-02-16 10:39 pm
LONDON - Leicester City players crowded around a television inside the house of teammate Jamie Vardy, locked arm in arm, watching the action 100 miles away. And when the final whistle blew at Stamford Bridge, they raised their arms in triumph. One of the greatest sporting achievements in English history was complete.
- How little Leicester pulled off the seemingly impossible Updated: May-02-16 5:13 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Leicester has pulled off the seemingly impossible and won the English Premier League.
- Ronaldo practices again, looks fit to face Man City Updated: May-02-16 2:33 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo's chances of facing Manchester City in the second leg of the Champions League semifinals on Wednesday were boosted as he returned to full training, having missed three consecutive games because of an injury to his right leg.
- Central Kentucky woman fatally shot; boyfriend charged Updated: May-01-16 3:58 pm
MANCHESTER, Kentucky - Authorities say a central Kentucky woman has been fatally shot after fleeing her home and her boyfriend now faces charges.
- Over to you, Spurs: Leicester 2 points away from EPL title Updated: May-01-16 3:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - One chance gone for Leicester in its attempt to clinch a first English league title.
- Southampton eases past distracted Man City 4-2 in EPL Updated: May-01-16 2:11 pm
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Sadio Mane scored a hat trick as Southampton eased past Manchester City 4-2 in the English Premier League on Sunday, when the visitors' minds seemed more on the Champions League.
- Leicester misses 1st chance to clinch Premier League title Updated: May-01-16 12:38 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Leicester missed its first opportunity to clinch the Premier League title, drawing 1-1 at Manchester United on Sunday to move within two points of the most unlikely championship in English soccer in a generation.
- Traveling Ranieri could miss Leicester clinching EPL title Updated: May-01-16 12:11 pm
MANCHESTER, England - If Leicester clinches the English Premier League title on Monday, its manager might be among the last people to know.
- Britain's Olympic cycling coach resigns over comments Updated: Apr-27-16 2:07 pm
MANCHESTER, England - One of the key figures behind Britain's successful Olympic cycling team resigned on Wednesday, soon after being suspended by the national governing body for allegedly making discriminatory remarks to riders.
- Tyson Fury teases Wladimir Klitschko ahead of rematch Updated: Apr-27-16 11:22 am
MANCHESTER, England - Tyson Fury removed his T-shirt, turned to Wladimir Klitschko, pointed to his flabby belly and blurted out: "Shame on you, you let a fat man beat you."
- Without Ronaldo, Madrid holds City 0-0 in Champions League Updated: Apr-26-16 6:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Real Madrid failed to turn late domination into a goal without the injured Cristiano Ronaldo as Manchester City held on for a 0-0 draw in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Tuesday.
- Suarez and Barcelona lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-26-16 2:52 pm
LONDON - Eight goals in two games for Barcelona sent Luis Suarez straight to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday.
- Ronaldo and Benzema expected to start against Man City Updated: Apr-25-16 3:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane expects Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema to start against Manchester City in the semifinals of the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Man City eases past Stoke 4-0 to keep pressure on Man United Updated: Apr-23-16 10:18 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City easily defeated Stoke 4-0 in the English Premier League on Saturday to move five points clear of rival Manchester United in the fight for a Champions League spot.
- Column: Van Gaal redeems himself with faith in youth Updated: Apr-22-16 11:11 am
Joe Riley wore the smile of a cat that got the cream. Quite right, too, because in making his first appearance for Manchester United, the 19-year-old who worked his way up through the club's ranks from the age of six lived an experience that boys the world over would give their eye teeth for.
- Cristiano Ronaldo injured before key matches for Real Madrid Updated: Apr-22-16 9:58 am
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo will miss Real Madrid's next match and is in doubt for the team's Champions League semifinal game at Manchester City.
- Man United beats Palace 2-0 to boost bid to break into top 4 Updated: Apr-20-16 5:43 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United prepared for the FA Cup semifinals by beating Crystal Palace 2-0 on Wednesday to enhance its bid to break into the top four places and qualify for the Champions League.
- Newcastle holds Man City 1-1, Aguero reaches 100 EPL goals Updated: Apr-19-16 6:47 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - Newcastle continued its late fight to avoid relegation from the top tier, drawing 1-1 with Manchester City on Tuesday after Sergio Aguero became the second fastest player to score 100 English Premier League goals.
- Aston Villa relegated after loss against Man United Updated: Apr-16-16 11:59 am
MANCHESTER, England - Aston Villa was relegated for the first time since 1987 after a 1-0 loss against Manchester United on Saturday in the English Premier League.
- UK police arrest man on Syria-related terrorism offenses Updated: Apr-16-16 8:36 am
LONDON - Police in central England have arrested an 18-year-old man at Manchester airport on suspicion of Syria-related terrorism offenses.
- Wayne Rooney could play more minutes against Aston Villa Updated: Apr-15-16 7:40 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says Wayne Rooney "should play more minutes" against Aston Villa on Saturday as the striker returns from injury.
- Yaya Toure no longer a must-pick for Manchester City Updated: Apr-13-16 7:23 am
MANCHESTER, England - The prospect of Manchester City going into one of the biggest games in the club's history without Yaya Toure in the starting lineup would once have seemed unthinkable.
- Danny Willett: Dedicated golfer, family man, Masters winner Updated: Apr-13-16 5:32 am
MANCHESTER, England - Danny Willett's journey to the green jacket began 16 years ago when he signed up with some friends for an inner-city golf scheme, designed to get kids off the street and give them something constructive to do.
- Man City ousts PSG to reach Champs League semis for 1st time Updated: Apr-12-16 9:49 pm
MANCHESTER, England - As Manchester City has slipped down the Premier League, it has progressed further than ever in the Champions League.
- Blanc angry as PSG falls short again in bid for European Cup Updated: Apr-12-16 9:30 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Laurent Blanc has one fundamental goal with Paris Saint-Germain: win the Champions League.