- 5 things about English football this weekend Updated: Mar-06-14 11:51 am
- Madrid 1st in AP soccer poll, Robben top player Updated: Mar-04-14 4:50 pm
- Madrid 1st in AP football poll, Robben top player Updated: Mar-04-14 11:51 am
- Wembley to host Froch-Groves II in May Updated: Mar-04-14 9:14 am
- Rampant Liverpool moves 2nd in Premier League Updated: Mar-01-14 4:09 pm
- Stoke beats Arsenal 1-0 to claim another upset Updated: Mar-01-14 1:29 pm
- Defoe retained by England, Shaw gets 1st call-up Updated: Feb-27-14 5:59 pm
- Liverpool works hard for 4-3 win against Swansea Updated: Feb-23-14 12:47 pm
- Toure gives Man City 1-0 win over Stoke in EPL Updated: Feb-22-14 12:42 pm
- Wayne Rooney signs new Man United deal Updated: Feb-21-14 7:50 pm
- Pellegrini charged by UEFA, apologizes to referee Updated: Feb-21-14 12:51 pm
- Liverpool, Manchester United announce US opponents Updated: Feb-20-14 8:15 pm
- Minn. to host Champions Cup match in August Updated: Feb-20-14 4:54 pm
- Messi scores as Barca beats 10-man Man City 2-0 Updated: Feb-18-14 9:00 pm
- Quotes from voters in AP Global Football poll Updated: Feb-18-14 12:56 pm
- Pique: Barcelona might not be feared anymore Updated: Feb-17-14 4:54 pm
- 4 things to know about the Champions League Updated: Feb-16-14 7:27 pm
- Bad weather forces postponement of EPL matches Updated: Feb-12-14 2:42 pm
- PL leader Chelsea held 1-1 by struggling West Brom Updated: Feb-11-14 6:51 pm
- Bent stuns Man United by giving Fulham 2-2 draw Updated: Feb-09-14 3:53 pm
- Hazard treble puts Chelsea top with Newcastle win Updated: Feb-08-14 3:00 pm
- Man United captain Vidic to leave at end of season Updated: Feb-07-14 10:14 am
- Man United captain Vidic to leave at end of season Updated: Feb-06-14 8:33 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has spent most of the season downplaying his team's chances of winning the English Premier League title.
LONDON - Real Madrid's 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this week's Associated Press global soccer poll.
LONDON - Real Madrid's 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this week's Associated Press global football poll.
LONDON - The highly anticipated rematch between British fighters Carl Froch and George Groves for the WBA and IBF super-middleweight titles will be at Wembley Stadium on May 31.
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Liverpool continued its impressive title challenge with Luis Suarez inspiring a 3-0 victory at Southampton that moved the club to second behind Chelsea in the English Premier League on Saturday.
STOKE, England - Stoke added another notch to an impressive list of upset results this season as it beat Arsenal 1-0 on Saturday to seriously hurt the Gunners' bid for the Premier League title.
LONDON - Jermain Defoe retained his place in the England squad for the friendly against Denmark despite his impending move to Canada, but playing in Major League Soccer might harm his chances of making the World Cup.
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool beat Swansea 4-3 on Sunday to maintain its Premier League title challenge thanks to two goals each from Daniel Sturridge and Jordan Henderson.
MANCHESTER, England - Yaya Toure scored the only goal as Manchester City finally saw off Stoke 1-0 to claim three crucial Premier League points on Saturday.
LONDON - Less than a year after pushing to leave Manchester United, Wayne Rooney committed his long-term future to the struggling Premier League champion on Friday by signing a lucrative new contract through June 2019.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini was charged with misconduct by UEFA on Friday, hours after apologizing for blaming a referee for his team's Champions League loss to Barcelona.
MINNEAPOLIS - The University of Minnesota will host a Guinness International Champions Cup soccer game between Manchester City and Olympiacos on Aug. 2.
MANCHESTER, England - Feeling they had a point to prove, Barcelona's players delivered in style leaving Manchester City bitter and bruised.
LONDON - Tom Timmermann, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
MANCHESTER, England - As Champions League rallying cries go, Gerard Pique struck an unusually downbeat tone for a Barcelona player.
LONDON - Manchester City will finally find out whether its impressive record this season counts for anything against Europe's finest attacking side.
MANCHESTER, England - Bad weather played havoc with the Premier League on Wednesday as two matches were called off because of stormy conditions in northwest England.
WEST BROMWICH, England - Victor Anichebe grabbed a late equalizer for relegation-threatened West Bromwich Albion to stun Chelsea on Tuesday, with the Premier League leaders barely looking like potential champions in a 1-1 draw.
MANCHESTER, England - A late fight back by Manchester United against Fulham counted for little as Darren Bent scored in the fourth minute of stoppage time to claim a 2-2 draw for the Premier League's bottom team against the struggling champions on Sunday.
LONDON - However much Jose Mourinho tries to downplay Chelsea's title credentials, his players make such an idea look increasingly credible.
LONDON - Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic says he will leave the club after eight years at the end of the season.
Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic will leave the club after eight years at the end of the season.