- Flamboyant Depay already a crowd-pleaser at Man United Updated: Aug-28-15 12:44 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Players who have flourished in the iconic No. 7 jersey at Manchester United have had three attributes in common: attitude, ability and aura.
- Chelsea missing Terry with captain's place under scrutiny Updated: Aug-27-15 3:12 pm
MANCHESTER, England - John Terry ended last season as still the best center back in the English Premier League.
- Teenage forward Martial handed debut France call-up Updated: Aug-27-15 9:45 am
PARIS - France coach Didier Deschamps included Monaco's teenage forward Anthony Martial in Thursday's 23-man squad for next month's friendly matches against Portugal and Serbia.
- Man United back in Champions League, Rooney scoring again Updated: Aug-26-15 5:58 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United had double reason to celebrate on Wednesday - the team is back in the Champions League group stage and star striker Wayne Rooney is scoring again.
- Quotes from AP Global Football 10 voters Updated: Aug-25-15 12:08 pm
LONDON - Marco Monteverde, News Corp. Australia
- Manchester City, Pedro Rodriguez lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Aug-25-15 11:42 am
LONDON - Manchester City is top of the first Associated Press Global Football 10 of the new season and Pedro Rodriguez is the leading player after scoring on his Chelsea debut.
- Sterling proving the difference for rampant Man City Updated: Aug-24-15 9:42 am
MANCHESTER, England - Raheem Sterling hasn't scored in his first three games for Manchester City. He is yet to complete 90 minutes. He's even been upstaged by many of his teammates.
- Different pedigree, same goal for Man United, FC Astana Updated: Aug-24-15 6:44 am
MANCHESTER, England - FC Astana did not exist when Manchester United became European champion for the third time in 2008.
- Barcelona opens with win in Spain; Chelsea rebounds Updated: Aug-23-15 7:33 pm
Luis Suarez helped Barcelona open its Spanish title defense with a 1-0 win over Athletic Bilbao on Sunday, while former Barca forward Pedro Rodriguez made a great start with Chelsea by scoring one goal and setting up another in a 3-2 win against West Bromwich Albion.
- Rooney frustrated again as Man United draws with Newcastle Updated: Aug-22-15 10:14 am
MANCHESTER, England - Wayne Rooney endured more frustration on Saturday as Manchester United was held to a 0-0 draw by Newcastle in the Premier League.
- Argentina defender Otamendi joins Man City from Valencia Updated: Aug-20-15 6:20 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City strengthened its defense for the team's bid to regain the Premier League title by signing Argentina center back Nicolas Otamendi from Valencia on Thursday, taking spending this summer close to 100 million pounds ($156 million).
- Depay double rescues Man United in 3-1 win over Bruges Updated: Aug-18-15 7:09 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Memphis Depay announced his arrival at Manchester United by scoring a first-half double and providing a late assist for Marouane Fellaini in a 3-1 win over Bruges in the first leg of their Champions League playoff on Tuesday.
- Rooney's form a concern as United back in Champions League Updated: Aug-17-15 9:23 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United will want more than just a first-leg lead from its Champions League playoff against Bruges on Tuesday.
- Froome leads Team Sky at Vuelta, goes for Grand Tour double Updated: Aug-17-15 7:54 am
MANCHESTER, England - Tour de France champion Chris Froome will lead Team Sky at the Spanish Vuelta as he looks to become only the third rider to win both of the Grand Tour races in the same year.
- Rampant Man City crushes Chelsea 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-16-15 3:03 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Sergio Aguero's exquisite solo strike and late goals by Vincent Kompany and Fernandinho earned Manchester City a 3-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday in the first heavyweight showdown in the Premier League, compounding the champions' early-season problems.
- FA rejects Chelsea appeal following Courtois red card Updated: Aug-11-15 11:15 am
LONDON - The English Football Association says Tuesday that it has rejected Chelsea's appeal against the red card shown to goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois during the 2-2 draw with Swansea.
- Struggles and surprises as Premier League gets moving Updated: Aug-10-15 6:26 pm
LONDON - It is, of course, much too early to try to read something into the first round of matches in a Premier League season that has another 37 games and more than eight months to run.
- United wants big transfer fee if De Gea leaves for Madrid Updated: Aug-08-15 11:18 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United coach Louis van Gaal made it clear on Saturday that David De Gea will command a big transfer fee if the goalkeeper targeted by Real Madrid is to leave Old Trafford.
- Man United starts new EPL season with 1-0 win over Tottenham Updated: Aug-08-15 10:54 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United kicked off the new Premier League season with a 1-0 victory over Tottenham on Saturday, after an own goal by Kyle Walker handed the points to Louis van Gaal's new-look side.
- Man City manager Pellegrini given extra year to 2017 Updated: Aug-07-15 6:39 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City says it has extended the contract of manager Manuel Pellegrini to 2017.
- Few changes at Chelsea for title defense as rivals spend big Updated: Aug-05-15 7:07 pm
After a summer of a sleaze at FIFA, it's time for an even richer force in world football to take center stage: The English Premier League.
- A guide to all 20 Premier League teams for the new season Updated: Aug-04-15 4:27 am
LONDON - A guide to all 20 Premier League teams ahead of the upcoming 2015-16 season, which starts Saturday:
- Sterling boost but City senior trio must shine for title bid Updated: Aug-04-15 4:17 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City has gambled on Raheem Sterling being the key signing that manager Manuel Pellegrini needs to lift his team back to the top of English soccer.
- Optimism at Man United tempered by absent striking quality Updated: Aug-03-15 7:02 am
MANCHESTER, England - For a club of Manchester United's standing, two years out of the Premier League title conversation is two too many.