- Leicester and Riyad Mahrez lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Feb-09-16 2:59 pm
LONDON - Leicester and its playmaker Riyad Mahrez took leading honors in the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday after two Premier League wins in a week against Liverpool and Manchester City.
- Leicester beats City 3-1, Torres nets 100th Atletico goal Updated: Feb-06-16 7:36 pm
Leicester firmly underlined its Premier League title credentials with a 3-1 win at Manchester City on Saturday, while Atletico Madrid moved provisionally level on points with Barcelona at the top of the Spanish league by beating Eibar 3-1.
- Tottenham goes 2nd in Premier League by beating Watford 1-0 Updated: Feb-06-16 2:18 pm
LONDON - Tottenham is providing another element of unpredictability to a Premier League title race defying all expectations.
- Leicester stuns Man City 3-1 to go 6 points clear at top Updated: Feb-06-16 10:14 am
MANCHESTER, England - Leicester stunned Manchester City 3-1 on Saturday to bolster its bid to become the unlikeliest champions in English football history.
- Bayern coach Pep Guardiola hits out at media treatment Updated: Feb-05-16 7:19 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola says there is no conflict between his current position and preparing for his future role at Manchester City.
- Popular Pellegrini begins long farewell at Manchester City Updated: Feb-03-16 9:53 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manuel Pellegrini has cause to feel resentment at being handed his notice by Manchester City, even though the mild-mannered Chilean isn't showing it.
- City puts United further in shade with Guardiola coup Updated: Feb-02-16 7:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Pep Guardiola's imminent arrival in the Premier League is a game-changer not just for Manchester City but for English soccer, bringing a coveted, visionary coach to a club already having a stated aim of being a "leader in the world of football."
- Sergio Aguero hands Manchester City victory at Sunderland Updated: Feb-02-16 5:54 pm
SUNDERLAND - Sergio Aguero's first-half strike handed Manchester City a 1-0 victory against Sunderland in the Premier League on Tuesday.
- The Latest: Stoke signs $26m Imbula in winter's biggest deal Updated: Feb-01-16 6:03 pm
LONDON - The Latest on European soccer transfer deadline day (all times local):
- Guardiola to become Man City manager, replacing Pellegrini Updated: Feb-01-16 1:09 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Pep Guardiola and Manchester City have long been considered a likely match: Soccer's most admired coach and a club with massive spending power seeking to become the dominant force in Europe.
- De Bruyne confirms 10 week layoff with injury Updated: Jan-28-16 4:50 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne says he'll be out for action for approximately 10 weeks after injuring his ankle and knee in Manchester City's League Cup semifinal win over Everton on Wednesday.
- Change in the air for Europe's chastened teams in 6 Nations Updated: Jan-28-16 3:20 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Northern-hemisphere rugby sank to a new low during the recent Rugby World Cup when Europe failed to get a single representative in the semifinals for the first time.
- City star De Bruyne damages medial ligament in right knee Updated: Jan-27-16 5:35 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini says Kevin De Bruyne damaged the medial ligament in his right knee in the win over Everton in their English League Cup semifinal match on Wednesday.
- 3rd son for Wayne Rooney with birth of Kit Joseph Updated: Jan-24-16 3:28 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney is celebrating the birth of a third son with wife Coleen.
- Gorgeous 'Manchester by the Sea' is a shattering masterwork Updated: Jan-24-16 12:15 pm
PARK CITY, Utah - No one shows the landscape of human grief and trauma quite like Kenneth Lonergan.
- Man United sends goalkeeper Valdes to Liege Updated: Jan-24-16 7:37 am
MANCHESTER, England - Victor Valdes' short-lived Manchester United career seems over.
- Ashley Young facing long time out with injury Updated: Jan-22-16 8:08 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United says winger Ashley Young is facing a lengthy time out with a groin injury which will require surgery.
- West Ham sign defender Byram from Leeds Updated: Jan-20-16 9:21 am
LONDON - West Ham has signed defender Sam Byram from Leeds for an undisclosed fee.
- Stoke holds Arsenal to 0-0 draw in Premier League Updated: Jan-17-16 2:37 pm
STOKE, England - Arsenal came away with a goalless draw from a traditionally tough fixture at Stoke to retain its Premier League lead on goal difference on Sunday.
- UK police seek burglar who stole $21,500 in 1-pound coins Updated: Jan-15-16 12:51 pm
LONDON - British police are seeking a burglar who may have a heavy conscience - or pockets - after stealing 15,000 pounds ($21,500) in 1-pound ($1.43) coins.
- Van Gaal set challenge by journalist dismissed as 'fat man' Updated: Jan-15-16 10:33 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has been set a weighty challenge by the journalist he derided as a "fat man."
- Manchester City stays third in Premier League after draw Updated: Jan-13-16 6:14 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City was denied a late penalty as it remained third in the Premier League after a goalless home draw with Everton on Wednesday.