- Man United signs Argentina 'keeper Romero on free transfer Updated: Jul-27-15 4:39 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United has signed Argentina goalkeeper Sergio Romero to a three-year deal on a free transfer.
- Manchester United beats Earthquakes 3-1 in exhibition Updated: Jul-22-15 2:14 am
SAN JOSE, California - Coach Louis van Gaal is mixing and matching his lineups and found few highlights worth mentioning from Manchester United's latest preseason victory.
- Raheem Sterling scores early in City's match against Roma Updated: Jul-21-15 9:39 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Raheem Sterling took less than three minutes to score his first goal in a Manchester City shirt as the English club beat Roma 5-4 on penalties after a 2-2 draw Tuesday in a preseason friendly.
- Roma beats Real Madrid 7-6 on penalties in friendly Updated: Jul-18-15 9:13 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Rafael Benitez opened his tenure as Real Madrid manager with a 7-6 loss on penalties to Roma in a pre-season friendly watched by more than 80,000 people at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Saturday.
- Nasri goal gives Manchester City 1-0 win over Melbourne City Updated: Jul-18-15 5:30 am
GOLD COAST, Australia - Midfielder Samir Nasri's 86th-minute goal Saturday gave Manchester City a 1-0 win over its co-owned A-League side Melbourne City on Saturday.
- Schneiderlin scores in debut as Man U beats Club America 1-0 Updated: Jul-18-15 2:39 am
SEATTLE - Morgan Schneiderlin didn't need even a week to make an impact for Manchester United. The Frenchman barely needed five minutes.
- Delph makes U-turn, leaves Aston Villa for Man City Updated: Jul-17-15 4:29 pm
MANCHESTER, England - England midfielder Fabian Delph signed a five-year contract with Manchester City on Friday, less than a week after telling Aston Villa fans he was staying with the Premier League club.
- Benitez not happy with MCG pitch ahead of 1st match Updated: Jul-17-15 1:21 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Rafael Benitez says he's pleased to be in Australia to kick off his managerial career with Real Madrid but not so happy about the Melbourne Cricket Ground surface for Saturday's match with Roma.
- Pellegrini won't play Sterling in 1st Australian match Updated: Jul-17-15 12:41 am
GOLD COAST, Australia - Manchester City won't play new signing Raheem Sterling in Saturday's match against sister club and A-League side Melbourne City on the Gold Coast.
- Sterling completes $76M move to Man City from Liverpool Updated: Jul-14-15 6:12 pm
LONDON - Raheem Sterling became the most expensive English footballer ever on Tuesday after joining Manchester City from Premier League rival Liverpool in a drawn-out move costing 49 million pounds ($76 million).
- United signs midfielders Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin Updated: Jul-13-15 9:41 am
Manchester United accelerated its recruitment drive this offseason by signing Germany captain Bastian Schweinsteiger and France international Morgan Schneiderlin on Monday, as the team revamps its midfield.
- Man United signs Italy right back Darmian Updated: Jul-11-15 3:39 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United has signed Italy right back Matteo Darmian from Torino on a four-year contract, further bolstering its squad on the day the 20-time English champion reached a deal for Germany captain Bastian Schweinsteiger.
- Germany captain Schweinsteiger heading for Man United Updated: Jul-11-15 9:29 am
MANCHESTER, England - Germany captain Bastian Schweinsteiger is leaving Bayern Munich to join Manchester United, ending his 17-year association with the Bundesliga giants.
- Italy defender Darmian heads to Man United for medical Updated: Jul-10-15 10:41 am
MANCHESTER, England - Italy defender Matteo Darmian is set to undergo a medical examination at Manchester United ahead of a proposed move from Torino.
- Trooper rescues woman from floodwaters in eastern Kentucky Updated: Jul-08-15 4:06 am
MANCHESTER, Kentucky - A Kentucky State Police trooper in eastern Kentucky is being heralded for rescuing a woman from floodwaters.
- England wakes to more heartbreak for national soccer team Updated: Jul-02-15 9:59 am
MANCHESTER, England - England's national teams keep finding ways to make agonizing exits from major soccer tournaments.