- Judge orders mercury cleanup plan for Penobscot River Updated: Sep-03-15 12:52 pm
BANGOR, Maine - The former owners of the HoltraChem Manufacturing Co. plant were ordered by a federal judge to pay for an engineering study for cleaning up tons of mercury dumped in the Penobscot River.
- Maine man admits child porn; faces up to 20 years in prison Updated: Sep-03-15 7:35 am
BANGOR, Maine - A Maine man who collected photos of infants being sexually abused has pleaded guilty to transporting child pornography.
- University of Maine System to use a fifth local food by 2020 Updated: Aug-31-15 1:11 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Officials with the University of Maine System say the state's public universities are launching a program to use local growers and producers for a fifth of their dining hall expenditures by 2020.
- American Folk Festival underway in Bangor Updated: Aug-29-15 8:10 am
BANGOR, Maine - The American Folk Festival is underway in Bangor with acts ranging from cowboy music and blue grass to Latin jazz and zydeco.
- Virginia woman indicted in Bangor Mall stabbings Updated: Aug-27-15 7:25 am
BANGOR, Maine - Police say a Virginia woman accused of stabbing two women at the Bangor Mall has been indicted on aggravated assault charges.
- Man charged with killing 3 indicted on sexual assault charge Updated: Aug-27-15 7:01 am
BANGOR, Maine - A Maine man charged with killing his girlfriend and her two children last year has been indicted on a gross sexual assault charge.
- 'Bat Condos' aim to provide shelter for thousands of bats Updated: Aug-26-15 7:25 am
BANGOR, Maine - Two newly constructed bat condominiums have been unveiled in Bangor to provide shelter for thousands of bats.
- Augusta Civic Center worker suing for gender discrimination Updated: Aug-24-15 4:08 pm
BANGOR, Maine - An Augusta arena worker has filed a workplace discrimination lawsuit against the city.
- Man convicted of murdering wife on Christmas gets 47 years Updated: Aug-21-15 2:19 pm
ELLSWORTH, Maine - A Maine man found guilty of murdering his wife on Christmas Day of 2013 has been sentenced to 47 years in prison.
- Former New Haven man pleads guilty to Maine crack conspiracy Updated: Aug-18-15 11:12 am
BANGOR, Maine - A former resident of New Haven, Connecticut, is pleading guilty in federal court to participating in an interstate conspiracy to possess crack cocaine with the intention of selling it.
- Windsor man sentenced to 7 years for pharmacy robbery Updated: Aug-17-15 6:14 pm
BANGOR, Maine - A Maine man has been sentenced to more than seven years in prison for playing a role in the robbery of an Augusta pharmacy.
- Maine ex-convict pleads guilty to ammunition charge Updated: Aug-14-15 1:20 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Federal prosecutors say a Waterville, Maine, man is pleading guilty to federal charges of possessing ammunition as a felon.
- Gardiner man pleads guilty in pharmacy robberies Updated: Aug-13-15 7:16 am
BANGOR, Maine - A Gardiner man has pleaded guilty to robbing pharmacy stores in Augusta and Gardiner earlier this year.
- Maine man faces 30 years in prison for bank, wire fraud Updated: Aug-12-15 11:50 am
BANGOR, Maine - Prosecutors say a 29-year-old Maine man is pleading guilty in federal court to bank and wire fraud conspiracy charges.
- Maine postal worker pleads guilty to stealing money Updated: Aug-12-15 11:47 am
BANGOR, Maine - Federal prosecutors say a Winter Harbor woman is pleading guilty to theft of more than $1,600 in public money.
- Clarification: LePage-Drugs story Updated: Aug-12-15 9:43 am
BANGOR, Maine - In a story Aug. 11 about Gov. Paul LePage saying he might use the National Guard to combat Maine's drug epidemic, The Associated Press reported that lawmakers had rejected his proposals to hire more drug agents. Lawmakers approved funding last session for six additional state drug agents, two judges and two drug prosecutors to handle major drug crimes. LePage's proposed budget last session called for seven additional drug agents, four district attorneys and four judges.
- Maine man pleads guilty to role in illegal bath salts ring Updated: Aug-07-15 5:19 am
BANGOR, Maine - Prosecutors say a Maine man has admitted to being part of an illegal drug ring that distributed bath salts.
- Maine woman sentenced for intent to distribute bath salts Updated: Aug-05-15 11:37 am
BANGOR, Maine - A Maine woman will spend two years in prison for possession with intent to distribute bath salts.