- Bangor City Councilor Baldacci announces congressional run Updated: Jul-30-15 11:59 am
BANGOR, Maine - Bangor City Councilor Joe Baldacci, the brother of former Gov. John Baldacci, has filed papers to run for the Democratic nomination for the U.S. House of Representatives in Maine's 2nd District.
- Eddington man charged with injuring baby son indicted Updated: Jul-30-15 6:52 am
BANGOR, Maine - An Eddington man has been indicted on charges of aggravated assault and domestic violence assault on a child for allegedly injuring his baby son.
- Defendants seek dismissal of Bangor wrongful death lawsuit Updated: Jul-29-15 7:07 am
BANGOR, Maine - The defendants in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the father of a Bangor man who died several days after police subdued him with a stun gun have asked a judge to dismiss the suit.
- Yellow Light Breen to lead Maine Development Foundation Updated: Jul-29-15 3:38 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Development Foundation has tapped an executive at Bangor Savings Bank to serve as its leader.
- 2 men convicted in 3 car fire deaths to spend life in prison Updated: Jul-28-15 5:26 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Two men convicted of murder in a 2012 drug-related triple slaying followed by a car fire will spend the rest of their lives behind bars under sentences imposed Tuesday.
- Maine man pleads guilty to killing ex-girlfriend Updated: Jul-27-15 5:25 pm
BANGOR, Maine - A Maine man has pleaded guilty to murder and kidnapping in the death of his girlfriend.
- Bangor International Airport to undergo $14M renovation Updated: Jul-24-15 4:20 am
BANGOR, Maine - Bangor International Airport is getting a $14 million renovation of its domestic flights terminal.
- UMaine System faces $16M loss for last budget year Updated: Jul-21-15 7:31 am
BANGOR, Maine - The University of Maine System is facing a $16 million operating loss for the budget year that just ended because of $11 million in new retirement and severance costs.
- Bangor man faces manslaughter charge in car crash Updated: Jul-21-15 7:05 am
BANGOR, Maine - A Bangor man police allege was drunk when he crashed his car, resulting in the death of a passenger, has been held on $20,000 cash bail on a manslaughter charge.
- UMS trustees getting update on 'One University' initiative Updated: Jul-20-15 4:06 am
BANGOR, Maine - The University of Maine System Board of Trustees will be discussing efforts to unify the seven-campus system.
- Bangor nurses back at work after parties avert strike Updated: Jul-13-15 1:17 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Nurses who were on the verge of striking at Eastern Maine Medical Center are at work after their union ratified an agreement on a new three-year contract.
- Maine man pleads guilty in death of 5-month-old Updated: Jul-09-15 4:02 pm
BANGOR, Maine - A Maine man charged in the death of an infant has been ordered to serve 17 years in prison after reaching a plea agreement.
- Burt Shavitz, the Burt behind Burt's Bees, dies at 80 Updated: Jul-05-15 11:19 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The reclusive beekeeper who co-founded Burt's Bees, and whose face and wild beard appeared on labels for the natural cosmetics, died on Sunday. Burt Shavitz was 80.