- Germany deals IOC and Bach a message: No thanks, to Olympics Updated: Nov-30-15 1:34 pm
LONDON - Once again, German voters delivered a harsh and sobering message to the Olympic movement: No thanks.
- Hungary to issue bonds in yuan to attract Chinese investors Updated: Nov-25-15 7:46 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary says it will issue government bonds denominated in yuan together with the Bank of China in the hope of attracting more Asian investors.
- Hungary scolded for claiming European support for 2024 bid Updated: Nov-24-15 7:29 am
ROME - Europe's Olympic association scolded Hungary on Tuesday for claiming it has secured the backing of 16 European countries for Budapest's bid for the 2024 Games.
- Hungary to deport Britons convicted of financing terror Updated: Nov-19-15 10:30 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Two British citizens who spent years in prison for funding acts of terror should be deported to Britain, a Hungarian court said Thursday.
- Hungary beats Norway 2-1, qualifies for Euro 2016 Updated: Nov-15-15 6:02 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary secured a spot at next year's European Championship by beating Norway 2-1 Sunday, ending a 30-year absence from major tournaments.
- Hungarian gets 7 years in prison for poisoning 'wine thief' Updated: Nov-11-15 1:17 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - A Hungarian man who wanted to teach thieves a lesson has been sentenced to seven years in prison for poisoning a person by putting anti-freeze in a barrel of sour cherry wine.
- Thousands mourn former Hungarian president Arpad Goncz Updated: Nov-06-15 11:23 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Thousands of mourners have attended the funeral of former Hungarian president Arpad Goncz, who requested to be buried with a simple ceremony bereft of the honors befitting his office.