- Rio mayor wants Olympic cauldron near revitalized port area Updated: Apr-28-16 3:29 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Mayor Eduardo Paes says he wants the Olympic cauldron to burn in Rio de Janeiro's revitalized port area.
- Rio gets Olympic flame 100 days before games Updated: Apr-27-16 2:31 pm
ATHENS, Greece - The Olympic flame was handed to organizers of the Rio de Janeiro Games in Athens on Wednesday, 100 days before the opening ceremony in Brazil.
- Rio gets 3 holidays during Olympics, traffic fines loom Updated: Apr-27-16 2:16 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Residents of Rio de Janeiro will get three new holidays during the Olympics as part of a plan to keep people off the roads and limit the city's suffocating traffic.
- US Olympians get nautical look for Rio's closing ceremony Updated: Apr-27-16 1:34 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Olympic athletes from the United States will look ready to sail back home when they attend the closing ceremony at this year's games in Rio de Janeiro.
- South Korea unveils Zika-proof Olympic uniforms Updated: Apr-27-16 1:19 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea's Olympic committee on Wednesday unveiled Zika-proof uniforms complete with mosquito repellent it says will help protect athletes from the virus at this year's games in Rio de Janeiro.
- Best and worst of times: Rio Olympic countdown hits 100 days Updated: Apr-26-16 7:30 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Two years ago, the Australian IOC member John Coates called the preparations for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics "the worst" in recent memory.
- If they build a golf course, will they come to Olympics? Updated: Apr-26-16 6:26 pm
Building the new golf course in Rio de Janeiro in time for the Olympics once was considered the biggest obstacle.
- Olympic honor for refugees: Rio flame stops at UN camp Updated: Apr-26-16 1:08 pm
ATHENS, Greece - If they had a home, refugees would belong to the world's 24th most populous nation, just behind Italy. On Tuesday, there were honored as members of the Olympic family.
- Rio mayor: Collapsed bike lane to be rebuilt by Olympics Updated: Apr-25-16 3:17 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro Mayor Eduardo Paes has pledged to rebuild in time for the Aug. 5-21 Olympics a brand new bike lane that killed two people when it collapsed last week.
- Official wary of athletes staying outside Olympic village Updated: Apr-25-16 2:26 pm
MADRID - Extra security measures may be needed to protect some athletes staying outside of the Olympic Village during the Rio de Janeiro Games, one of Brazil's top security officials said Monday.
- US men's basketball set for 5-game pre-Olympic schedule Updated: Apr-25-16 12:36 pm
The U.S. Olympic men's basketball team will face Argentina and three other opponents during a five-game, five-city exhibition tour leading up to the Summer Games.
- Report: Russia says athletes have 'moral right' to be in Rio Updated: Apr-23-16 5:10 am
BERLIN - Russia's sports minister is arguing in an interview with a German magazine that his country's athletes have a "moral right" to take part in the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Legacy of Rio Olympics: Bike lane crashes into the sea Updated: Apr-22-16 3:06 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - At the flame-lighting in the ruins of Ancient Olympia, Brazil's sport minister Ricardo Leyser tried to assure the world about the troubled Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- Flame for Rio Olympics is lit at birthplace of ancient Games Updated: Apr-21-16 6:17 am
ANCIENT OLYMPIA, Greece - The Olympic flame has been kindled at the birthplace of the ancient games in Greece, heralding the start of a 15-week journey leading to the Aug. 5 opening ceremony in Rio de Janeiro.
- Former Olympic champion Cielo misses individual spot at Rio Updated: Apr-20-16 11:21 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Cesar Cielo, Brazil's most successful and best-known swimmer, has failed to automatically qualify for an individual event at this year's Rio Olympics.
- Neymar to play for Brazil at Rio Olympics, not Copa America Updated: Apr-20-16 7:01 pm
MADRID - Neymar will play for Brazil at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics but will skip the Copa America, Barcelona said Wednesday.
- Rio Olympic flame will live downtown - not in a stadium Updated: Apr-20-16 12:48 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The Olympic flame will have an unusual home for the Rio de Janeiro Games.
- Possible next Brazil leader is dealmaker and scandal-tainted Updated: Apr-19-16 6:43 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The man who may become Brazil's next president is almost as unpopular as the leader facing impeachment now, and stained by scandals of his own.
- Sports federations concerned about venues for Rio Games Updated: Apr-19-16 1:54 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - International sports federations expressed concern Tuesday over problems with venues for the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, including power failures at the gymnastics arena this week.
- IOC: Rousseff impeachment vote won't hurt games preparations Updated: Apr-18-16 9:16 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC says the impeachment process against Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff should not divert from preparations for the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- The Latest: Brazilian legislators vote to impeach Rousseff Updated: Apr-17-16 10:13 pm
BRASILIA, Brazil - The Latest on the attempt in Brazil's Congress to impeach President Dilma Rousseff (all times local):
- Rio contest offers a room with an Olympic view Updated: Apr-15-16 5:03 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Talk about a room with a view. Make that an Olympic view.
- Rio officials confident of measures in place against Zika Updated: Apr-14-16 3:38 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro Olympic officials are confident that measures in place will protect visitors from the Zika virus when the games open in less than four months.
- Brazil vs South Africa to open men's Olympic soccer Updated: Apr-14-16 11:47 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil will face South Africa in the opening men's Olympic soccer match, as the five-time World Cup champion tries for its first gold medal.
- Indigenous group asks Brazil to stop financing mega-projects Updated: Apr-13-16 6:43 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - A group representing Amazon indigenous people urged Brazil's National Development Bank on Wednesday to stop financing projects that cause environmental damage.