- Carroll scores 21, Raptors beat Heat in OT to tie series Updated: May-06-16 12:27 am
TORONTO - This time, overtime went the way of the Toronto Raptors.
- Holland roughed up in Rangers' 12-2 loss at Toronto Updated: May-05-16 11:54 pm
TORONTO - Derek Holland came in with a scoreless streak of 16 1/3 innings at Rogers Centre. It didn't take long for the Toronto Blue Jays to make it a distant memory.
- Encarnacion's HR, 2 doubles, 6 RBIs lead Toronto over Texas Updated: May-05-16 11:29 pm
TORONTO - As a player whose game traditionally picks up a few notches in May, Edwin Encarnacion sure sounded like a man who knew a big performance was just around the corner.
- NHL coaching carousel 'spinning out of control' Updated: May-05-16 2:53 pm
Bob Hartley watched bosses come and go three times as coach of the Calgary Flames. He will need one more general manager to believe in him to stay in the NHL.
- Bosh officially declared out for remainder of Heat season Updated: May-04-16 7:08 pm
MIAMI - Chris Bosh's season is now officially over, regardless of how far the Miami Heat advance in the postseason.
- Canadian PM Trudeau to host Obama, Pena Nieto in June Updated: May-04-16 1:42 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House says President Barack Obama will take a daytrip to Ottawa next month to meet with his Canadian and Mexican counterparts.
- LeBron has thought about playoffs matchup with Wade, Heat Updated: May-04-16 12:19 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James isn't looking too far forward in the NBA playoffs. He's taken a peek, however.
- Moore struggles, Rays fall to Dodgers 10-5 Updated: May-04-16 12:22 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tampa Bay's Matt Moore understandably was disappointed.
- Raptors ratings still struggling to compete with NHL, Jays Updated: May-03-16 1:42 pm
TORONTO - Despite getting more attention from Canadian TV viewers, the Toronto Raptors are still struggling to compete with hockey and baseball.
- Slumping Blue Jays fall short again in 2-1 loss to Rangers Updated: May-02-16 11:37 pm
TORONTO - Expected to be an offensive force, the Toronto Blue Jays aren't getting enough out of their big bats.
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future Updated: May-02-16 5:48 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Pacers turned what was supposed to be a transitional season into one filled with promise.
- Prince Harry, Canada's Trudeau mark wounded soldiers event Updated: May-02-16 11:47 am
TORONTO - Two of the world's social media superstars - Britain's Prince Harry and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau - are counting down to the 2017 Invictus Games, a sports competition for wounded, injured and sick service personnel.
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years Updated: May-02-16 2:23 am
TORONTO - After a decade and a half of playoff disappointment, the Toronto Raptors finally got to enjoy a celebratory night of hugs, kisses and happy families.
- DeRozan has 30 points, Raptors beat Pacers 89-84 in Game 7 Updated: May-02-16 12:31 am
TORONTO - DeMar DeRozan pushed the Toronto Raptors into the second round - finally.
- Portland beat Toronto 2-1, LA and Kansas draw 1-1 Updated: May-01-16 11:45 pm
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 Updated: May-01-16 10:54 pm
MIAMI - Dwyane Wade took a moment before tipoff Sunday to reflect on all that his Miami Heat endured this season.
- Valeri scores winner in Timbers' 2-1 win over Toronto Updated: May-01-16 7:35 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Timbers teammate Lucas Melano touched the ball before Diego Valeri's free kick against Toronto, telling him he would score.
- Stroman allows 1 run, Blue Jays beat Rays 5-1 Updated: May-01-16 5:05 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Marcus Stroman gave himself and the Toronto Blue Jays a birthday gift.
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Updated: Apr-30-16 9:58 pm
Brendan Shanahan went online to try the NHL draft lottery simulator just once, and was excited to see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the first pick.
- Pacers force Game 7 against Raptors with 101-83 win Updated: Apr-29-16 11:51 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - This time, the Indiana Pacers buckled down and fought back.
- Portugal wins more time for recovery after rating decision Updated: Apr-29-16 12:44 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal and the rest of the eurozone could breathe a sigh of relief Friday after international ratings agency DBRS said it wasn't lowering Portuguese sovereign debt to junk status - a feared move that likely would have sparked a fresh bout of international jitters about the soundness of the shared currency.
- Tough guy Colton Orr retires after 9-year NHL career Updated: Apr-28-16 4:03 pm
TORONTO - NHL tough guy Colton Orr has retired after nine years in the league.
- Police: 80 people arrested in Ontario in child pornography probe Updated: Apr-28-16 2:33 pm
TORONTO - Ontario police say they have arrested 80 people as part of a sweeping investigation into internet child pornography in the province.
- Burger King says hot dogs helped boost US sales Updated: Apr-28-16 9:37 am
OAKVILLE, Ontario - Burger King's sales rose during the first quarter, boosted by the addition of hot dogs to the menu in the U.S.
- White Sox win 6th straight, blank Blue Jays 4-0 Updated: Apr-27-16 11:19 pm
TORONTO - A rare triple by Dioner Navarro gave the Chicago White Sox something even more uncommon: a series sweep in Toronto.